Emami Operation trainee interview
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Durgapur for Operation trainee role at Emami
Test HR Interview Technical Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: TECHNICAL SECTION
- Section 2: APTITUDE SECTION
The TECHNICAL Section consisted of 25 (1 mark) questions. Most of the questions in this section were from Mechanics (that we had studied way back in class-11). A few questions were from Engineering Mechanics.The APTITUDE Section consisted of 25 (1 mark) questions. The questions were simple aptitude based questions that everyone can practice from the site: indiabix.comThere was NO negative marking :)
1) All the questions were simple to those who had their BASICS right...so don't try to practice tough questions..first try to know the BASICS of the subject!2) Be fast!3)Please make sure that you answer ALL the questions even if you don't know the answer to some! ;)
- Question 1: Tell me something about youself
- Question 2: What is the meaning of your name?
- Question 3: What are your hobbies?
- Question 4: What does your father do?
- Question 5: Tell me something about your birthplace.
- Question 6: Tell me something about your Strengths & Weaknesses
- Question 7: Do you have any problem in relocating?
The Interviewers were very friendly. They started the P.I session with a number of H.R questions which helped me feel more comfortable and confident. I've mentioned some of the questions above. There were some more basic HR questions (i'm not being able to recollect them at this moment).
This (the HR round) is your chance to create a GOOD impression on the Interviewers and to convince them why you are suitable for the Job.........so TAKE IT!!! Just keep a few things in mind:1) Just after entering the Interview room, greet the Interviewers with a WARM smile and a STRONG handshake. Do the same things while leaving.2) Never produce any FALSE data in your Resume3) Be clear and audible while speaking to the Interviewers.4) Always be YOURSELF..and don't even try to project yourself as what you aren't..the Interviewers are experienced enough to find out who is speaking the truth & who is not.5) Always keep a SMILING face while answering :)
- Question 1: What is your favourite subject? (I answered Automobile Engg.)
- Question 2: What is Otto Cycle..draw & explain
- Question 3: What is Diesel Cycle...draw & explain
- Question 4: Difference b/w 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines
- Question 5: Can we use Petrol in a Diesel Engine? Why not?
- Question 6: Can we use Diesel in a Petrol Engine? Why not?
- Question 7: What is your Second fav subject? (I answered Power Plant Engg.)
- Question 8: What is a Boiler?
- Question 9: Diff. types of Boiler
- Question 10: What is the Critical Pressure of steam?
- Question 11: Next...which subject do you like? (I answered Production Engg. but they started asking questions from Theory of Machines)
- Question 12: What are the different mechanisms you have learned about? Explain each of them with a suitable diagram
- Question 13: A few questions about my Vocational Training
After a series of HR questions, the Interviewers started asking the above Technical questions. I could answer about 90% of their questions. Overall, it was a good experience!
1) Always try to give to-the-point answers. 2) If you don't know the answer to a particular question...Politely tell them that you don't know the answer to that question..but NEVER beat around the bush with your answers.3) Know your subjects as well as you can (but that's hard :P )4) Always keep a SMILING face while answering :)
CONFIDENCE is the most important skill that every Interviewer is looking out for! Your CONFIDENCE is very much dependent upon your COMMUNICATION SKILLS. So, try to improve your spoken english!A person who can Handle Pressure well, is always preferred over someone who succumbs to pressure!And yes...without SOME Technical knowledge it's impossible to get any job :P
- I.C Engines by V.Ganeshan,
- Heat Transfer by P.k.Nag,
- Power plant Engg. by P.K.Nag,
- NPTEL Video lectures,
Read Full post...