I was interviewed on-campus
at IIT Kharagpur for
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: Five multiple choice question and one coding question.
Multiple choice questions were not that difficult, mostly on database and operating system. Coding question was good and i think that made the whole difference , it was on graph theory (distance between two nodes).
In general prepare all the concepts of Dynamic programming for the tests during placements not only for commonfloor they are the most generally asked questions.
- Question 1: General question on database
- Question 2: Few algorithm based questions
- Question 3: Detailed discussion about my projects
I stuck in one of the database question , but my knowledge on my project and algorithm was good , finally they remarked me with good technical knowledge.
Prepare your projects ,i think that is most vital part in your selection . I had friends who had good technical knowledge but didn't prepare there projects well they had to face failure at many places because of that.
- Question 1: Discussion on my projects.
- Question 2: Three or four puzzles
- Question 3: Few dynamic programming problems
- Question 4: One sorting based questions
This round of mine i think was flawless i answered every questions. Step by step discussion with the panel on every question presented my point well .
Try to discuss your every doubt with interviewer about the questions and even if don't know the answer try to solve the problem interviewer will help you .
- Question 1: What is the most important thing you are taking with you from IIT Kgp?
- Question 2: What do you know about commonfloor?
- Question 3: Detailed discussion on all my projects.
I didn't prepare the HR question so i was bit scared before the interview but i gone with the flow and answered all the questions as i actually felt . I had good knowledge on all my projects so i had no problem there.
Prepare the hr questions because i n many interviews it could have made the difference i was shortlisted in VISA and i think finally hr round made the difference. All the above rounds were elimination.
Be focused every time , placement time in IIT can be very difficult . Don't get depressed if you don't get selected there are lot of companies.
I did not slept for 3 days because of the schedule , my three test gone bad because of that.
Read Full post...