Samsung Electronics India Software engineer interview
- There were 2 tests
- Question 1: Rate yourself on a scale of 1(highest) to 5(lowest) on subjects C, C++ and DS.
- Question 2: What are storage classes in C?Explain.
- Question 3: Some questions about the physical location and default values of variables of different storage classes.
- Question 4: Write a C program that will COMPILE and RUN to reverse a string in-place.
- Question 5: Write a program to insert a node in linked list.
- Question 6: Write a program to find loop in linked list.
- Question 7: Explain logic of quick sort.
- Question 8: Explain heap sort.
- Question 9: What is C++?
- Question 10: What is OOP?
- Question 11: What are its features?Explain
- Question 12: What is late binding
- Question 13: What are virtual functions?
- Question 14: What is a friend class?
- Question 15: which is faster x++ or ++x and why?
- Question 16: wat is a null object? is it conceptual?
- c/c++ had fairly easy questions. It also included one tree traversal, sort complexity,etc.
GSAT (Global Samsung Aptitude Test) - (50 questions, 60 mins, no -ve scoring)
- It included questions from data interpretation, logical reasoning.
- Questions were simple but lenghty and irritating.
* 14 Students were shortlisted after this round.
- Question 1: Give me a brief introduction of yourself.
- Question 2: (After I told him about my hometown) What is the speciality of Dhule?
- Question 3: What is your strength?
- Question 4: What do you think is an area of improvement for you?
- Question 5: Are you okay with job location (Noida)?
- Question 6: What do you know about Samsung?
- Question 7: Why do you want to work with us?
- Question 8: Why should we hire you?
- Question 9: Do you have any questions?
- Question 10: Are u giving cat?
- Question 11: why i chosse vjti?
- Question 12: why dont i prefer jobs in pune and bangalore instead
- When the HR guy asks you what do you know about Samsung, you must sound like you have done a lot of research on the Internet about the company and you are really focused.
- Be confident in technical interview and stick with your answer. They may manipulate you so that you change your correct answer.
- When they ask you to ask question, do try to ask questions. But don’t ask anything irrelevant.
- When they ask you about job location (Noida), you must convince them that you really want to go there.
- Prepare the c/c++/ds basics and you can easily crack the technical interview.