I was interviewed on-campus
Test Technical Interview
- Section 1: Aptitude Tests
1. Questions were based on quick calculations and the problems were related to numbers, percentages and ratios.
2. Very basic aptitude questions and every JEE qualified can solve it.
3. Questions on Time, Speed, Distance, Average, English.
4. This test was organized to check the IQ level.
5. In technical test the questions were difficult, technical from engineering concepts like pumps, distillation column etc.
6. Heat & Mass transfer
- Question 1: Question about refining process
- Question 2: Summer internship
- Question 3: Simulation work & software used
- Question 4: About mechanical properties of materials and manufacturing process
- Question 5: Separation process
- Question 6: Process control & Dynamics
- Question 7: Chemical process industries, engine oil
- Question 8: Fluid mass transfer, pumps, condenser
- Question 9: A bit of designing related
- Question 10: Refinery process
- Question 11: Distillation column,reboiler,condenser
- Question 12: BTP & internship
Other questions include: . IC engine & Fluid machinery, thermodynamics. Heat balance equation for heat exchanger, and some questions related to thesis. Henry law, bubble points, variation, difference between conduction & radiation, variation of pressure head with flow rate for centrifugal pump, difference between reciprocating & centrifugal pump, Energy system.
Interview lasted 15 minutes.
Open for Programme/Departments: B. Tech and Dual (ME, EE, CHE) & MME (B. Tech)
Number of Students selected: 21
1. If you have done internship in refinery then you should brush up the overall process involved.
2. Try to present yourself as very much industry oriented.
3. Present your relevant projects first and explain them in a very comprehensive manner.
4. Show them you are very interested in the company and will not leave it in near future.
5. Prepare the internship & B.T.P. well. Write only those things in your resume which you can explain. If you have written a course in your resume you should know what the topics in that were.
6. Just go through NPTEL site. This is the best way to revise the basic concepts of course and for dual degree students thesis plays an important role in their interview.
7. Prepare the core industrial points or terms.
7. Be prepared with RIL area of work.
8. Just know your strength, weakness, short term and long term career goals.
9. To prepare for this company devote some time to study things in Wikipedia in detail like pumps, condenser, reboiler, refluse, distillation, extraction, thermodynamic, fouling.
10. Prepare some questions like why are you joining in core company & why are you not going for M. tech. 11. They look for committed people.
12. Even if your CPI is low, it won't matter, be confident.
13. Course of corrosion would have an advantage for MME dept
Read Full post...