I was interviewed on-campus
at IIT Delhi for
Test Technical Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: Technical test
This test is purely based on your technical skills in the areas of strength of materials, design of machine elements, engineering mechanics. Questions are creative in nature and some questions require only basic knowledge to crack.
Make your fundamentals very strong in subjects related to solid mechanics area. Do some practice in solving numerical questions of strength of material subject before appearing for written test.
- Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
- Question 2: A general practical question was asked out of the questions of written test?
- Question 3: Two pair of chairs were given. They asked which one is stable for sitting?
- Question 4: Explain your M.Tech project?
- Question 5: what are the applications of this project?
- Question 6: A shell was drawn on paper. Out of different type of fasteners, which one should be used for providing buckling stability to shell?
- Question 7: Why you have left your previous job?
- Question 8: Why do you want to join oceaneering international?
Interview was held for more than 30 minutes. In the interview, they will test your approach how you are solving the questions. They will ask you to start from the basic fundamentals to arrive at final solution. They will test your basic technical knowledge through some practical questions.
In the interview, never quit. Try to solve it whatever technical knowledge you have. In the end, your approach will matter, not the solution.
Motivation for applying
Company culture, Location, job profile and future aspects of company projects.
Read Full post...