WHOLESALE STRATEGY CONSULTANT

WHOLESALE STRATEGY CONSULTANT Interview Questions and Tips

Nomura wholesale strategy consultant internship interview

ANISH R PATILFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for WHOLESALE STRATEGY CONSULTANT role at Nomura
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview Case Study Interview Guesstimate Interview

I WAS SHORTLISTED FOR NOMURA'S WHOLESALE STRATEGY AND STRUCTURING PROFILES
MAKE A GOOD RESUME WHICH REFLECTS WHATEVER YOU'VE DONE IN LIFE

Interview Questions
    MY INTERVIEWER WAS A VERY NICE PERSON.HE ASKED ME SOME FINANCE QUESTIONS AND I WAS ABLE TO ANSWER THEM.HE GAVE ME A LOT OF TIME TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AND DIDN'T PUT PRESSURE ON ME.
    DON'T FEEL STRESSED.BE PREPARED ON WHATEVER YOU'VE MENTIONED IN YOUR RESUME.KEEP CALM AND DO WELL!

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
      THE CASE STUDY WAS REGARDING A BANK WANTING TO FIX ITS ATM BUSINESS. SOME INFORMATION WAS GIVEN AND I WAS ASKED TO PREPARE A GRAPH/SOME METRICS ON WHICH THE BANK WOULD BASE ITS FUTURE DECISIONS. IN ANOTHER CASE STUDY INTERVIEW I WAS ASKED TO FORMULATE A STRATEGY FOR AN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL CHAIN TO SETUP ITS BUSINESS IN INDIA.
      BE GOOD WITH SOME BASIC FIGURES LIKE AGE DIVISION,POPULATION ETC.TRY TO ARTICULATE YOUR VIEWS BY PUTTING THEM DOWN IN THE FORM OF METRICS.BE CONFIDENT ON YOUR DECISIONS

Guesstimate Interview

I WAS ASKED TO GUESSTIMATE THE NUMBER OF AUTOS IN CHENNAI
        KEEP SOME FIGURES MEMORISED LIKE INDIA'S POPULATION,AGE DIVISION, NUMBER OF PEOPLE BELOW POVERTY LINE ETC.ALSO MAKE LOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS.

• FINANCE SKILLS
        • LOGICAL THINKING ABILITIES
        PREPARE ATLEAST BASIC FINANCE AND BE AWARE ABOUT THE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD.

• NCFM BY NSE,
        BE A SMART PERSON IN GENERAL.DON'T SOUND UNINTELLIGENT.KEEP YOUR CALM AND BE CONFIDENT
        I AM EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN FINANCE AND MORE SPECIFICALLY INVESTMENT BANKING.NOMURA OFFERED ME A PROFILE THAT IS PROBABLY NOT OFFERED BY ANY COMPANY AT THE ENTRY LEVEL.
        I HAD MANY JOVIAL MOMENTS DURING MY INTERVIEWS.