Wholesale Strategy Analyst

Wholesale Strategy Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Yaswanth TadikondaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Wholesale Strategy Analyst role at Nomura
Interview Interview Interview Interview Interview

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why do you want to join Nomura?
  • Question 2: What are the different segments of IB?
  • Question 3: What do u think your will be in the given profile?
  • Question 4: Why are u shifting from your engineering background ?
  • Question 5: Why is your CGPA less?
To whatever reply u give they would say that there exists one more company with all the qualities u have previously mentioned that are present in Nomura. They would try to generalize your view and try complicating the situation, In the end they gave me a hypothetical company with all the qualities Nomura has and is better than it and asked whether I would move to it? I said YES!My CGPA was 7.8 and it is considered as less but I have been improving from 1st sem and shown this as how adaptable I have become over a period of time- So prepare for everything; Know your weakness and have valid reasons for itThey expect some Finance in your resume and grill u on that; Resume preparation is a MUST!- It should be explained in IB perspective .
Be logical, dont be foolish by just repeating your points on and on!

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Suggest a way to flipkart owner(one of the interviewers) whether he should acquire Jabong?
Typical M&A case study. The interviewer looks like he is not listening to u he will be chatting/drinking coffee other interviewer will just stare at you.. Be confident on what you say and try to answer all the questions backed by data or assumptions. State them clearly while solving the case studyThey expect some Finance in your resume and grill u on that; Resume preparation is a MUST!- It should be explained in IB perspective
Listen to Victor Cheng Videos- it's a must!PRACTICE case studies- it doesn't mean that u just read them, ask your friend to be interviewer and start solving the problem.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: mod(x-10)+mod(x+10)+mod(x-5)+mod(x+5)=30; Solution of X?
  • Question 2: If a stick is cut 2 times what is the probability that it would form a triangle?
I have drawn the graph and was little confused and trying to understand the logic. The interviewer helped me by removing the two terms and asked its sum, that is when I realized that mod(x-a)+mod(x+a)=2a; So it's a happy ending!They expect some Finance in your resume and grill u on that; Resume preparation is a MUST!- It should be explained in IB perspective
Prepare basic logic problems and be comfortable while answering the questions; believe that u can get it!

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Want to start a old age home business in 2-3 years in India, What is your approach?
They were trying to confuse me in the beginning and it looked like a stress interview; but later they helped me when I am going in the wrong direction. Try to point out all possible factors (write the down!) and explain the reason behind the numbers u have chosenThey expect some Finance in your resume and grill u on that; Resume preparation is a MUST!- It should be explained in IB perspective.
Know basic figures: like population; working people; old people and popular government schemes,

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me your background
It's a very friendly round. If u have come till this point that means you are selected. they just want to know u more. None my of friends are rejected because of HR round. They just look for confidence and tell you the real problems u generally face in the work and r u okay with it?
Be normal and be confident.

The environment WILL NOT be comfortable but be comfortable and show your confidence

• Heard on Wall Street,
  • Case in point,
Videos
  • www.youtube.com/user/FinShiksha,
  • Victor Chenge Videos,
  • Principle of Economics,
  • Probability Theory,

Praneeta NehraFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for Wholesale Strategy Analyst role at Nomura
Resume Shortlist Case Study Interview HR Interview FIT TEST

There are no tests for consultancies so make your resume very different and awesome.
Have a look at resumes of seniors who got shortlisted or placed in consultancies so as to get an idea of how to prepare your resumes.

Case Study Interview

There will be definitely one case study interview for a consultancy.
I would suggest start preparing from the start of the final year.Prepare in groups and practice regularly.I referred Victor Cheng's videos for studying case studies.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
  • Question 2: Tell me about your weaknesses.
  • Question 3: Tell me about your strengths.
Only basic HR questions were asked.They just wanted to check if you are good fit for the company.
In tell me about yourself questions, you can tell about your other soft points which you couldn't mention in your resume.Go to company's website and see what type of consultants they are actually looking for and prepare your HR questions accordingly.Make sure you are not taking more than 2 minutes to answer!

FIT TEST

They see if you can work long hours and travel on weekends.They also ask your future plans.All the questions are direct and the interview hardly takes 5 minutes.

Go through company's website and understand what they expect from you.
Prepare well in advance if you are targeting consultancies.
I wanted to join only consultancy.The brand value of company obviously mattered to me.I got to know how exactly this company is from seniors.All of the above factors motivated me to apply.

Nomura wholesale strategy analyst interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Wholesale Strategy Analyst role at Nomura
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

Candidates were shortlisted based on resume and cover letter.In the cover letter, applicants were asked to write about ,why they are suitable for the position of risk analyst and why they are better than others.

The interview was of about 50 minutes and mostly technical questions were asked and also relating to maths course and probability.Questions were asked on core subjects also, like derivation Navier Stokes Equation.

Revise all the maths courses you have mentioned in your resume. People with quantitative and analytical skills are preferred. They look for people who have given exams like CFA.

• Economics Courses,