Trainee Decision Scientist

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview Questions and Tips

Mrunmayi AnchawaleFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Vidyalankar Institute of Technology Mumbai for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
Test Video Synthesis Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: Quant and Logic
  • Section 2: Quant and Logic
  • Section 3: Language
  • Section 4: Creativity
  • Section 5: Personality Assessment
  • Section 6: Data Analysis
It was a very different and exiting test as compared to other company aptitude tests. It was more of a fun test rather than a quant test. Negative marking was present. The test was divided into two parts: 60 mins and 30 mins.
The 60 mins part consisted of 4 sections:
1. Quant and Logic
2. Language
3. Creativity
4. Personality Assessment
Here, you need to use your time well. You can switch between these sections.
Quant was only 10 questions, which were quite easy.Main questions were based on Number theory, probability, profit & loss.
Then there were logical reasoning questions where you need to put in proper thinking, which requires time. Personality assessment had tricky questions like "would you lie for the company", "would you use office stationery for personal home use", "What is the joke made of you often and how would you rate it?".Answered these quickly and truly.
The 30 mins part also consisted of 2 sections:
1. DATA ANALYSIS(Write what all you infer from the given table)
2. Picture description(What do you infer from the image below)
These sections were very easy. No preparation required as such. Just apply the common sense and linguistic skills. Make sure grammar is correct. Be precise. Long essay not required.
Do not panic.
The time alloted is plenty. Use it well.
Most of the Personality assessment and quant questions had come from the Mu Sigma sample question list, which is available online through mu apt.
Answer only those questions which you are sure about.

Video Synthesis

A video will be played for 17 minutes. The requirement was to note down in points, what I had inferred from the video. The video played would be of any genre. It may be a short inspirational movie scene or the CEO lecture. For me, it was a promotional and summarizing lecture given by the CEO. I was given 10 minutes and I had to write what I had inferred from the video on a small card, provided by the recruiters.
Note here that it was expected that we write 3 main takeaways and NOT the summary. Do not fill the card with an essay. Put down three strong bullet points. Do not write what was already there in the video.

What are Interconnected problems? Discuss examples
We were a group of 10 and the GD went on for about 20 minutes.We were told that we would be judged on how much we speak, our understanding of the topic, the amount of factual data we put in etc. The recruiter was observing us all the time and noting down his observations,each time we said a point. At the end of the discussion, the recruiter himself stopped us and asked each one of us to conclude the discussion.
1) Use the time given to think properly and formulate proper set of points.
2) Stick to your points and put them forward convincingly.
3) Be loud and confident. Look at your group members while speaking and not at the recruiter.
4) Listen to what the others have to say. Make a mental/written note of all the relevant points discussed, which will help you while concluding. If you disagree with anyone's point, convey it politely.
5) Do not dominate over others.

Interview Questions
    My personal interview was a combination of HR and a bit of technical. Basic questions like "tell me about yourself", "hobbies", "tell me about your family","are your comfortable coming to Bangalore", "what do you feel about our package" were asked. Apart from that, I was asked how many branches does my college have, Why I chose Information Technology, Which subjects are different between Computer Engineering and Information Technology. The recruiter also asked me what was my favorite subject. He told me to introduce the contents of the subject to him and asked a few technical questions on it. I was also asked "If I am the store manager of McDonald's what will be the day to day decisions I will be taking?". I had already thought of an answer for this question since I had read it on ambition box before the interview day. I thank ambition box for making me acquainted with it.
    1. Relax. If you have reached this level, you have very high probability of being selected. PI is the easiest and the most fun round in Mu Sigma.
    2. Use the "tell me about yourself" as a star question. Cover all the basic things like Name, current ongoing education/job details, strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, family introduction, your goals and your values.
    3. There is no need to be very formal but maintain politeness and honesty while answering.
    4. Be sure that you know why you want to work with an Analytics company. Specially if you are a coder, they ask you why you chose Analytics over Software development.
    5. Make sure you are comfortable going to Bangalore, before telling them that you do.

Prepare these basic questions:
    1. Tell Me About Your Self?
    2. What are your Strengths?
    3. What are your Weakness?
    4. Why you want to join our company?
    5. Why I Should hire you?
    6. Are you willing to Relocate or travel?
    7. What is the Difference between Hard work & Smart Work?
    8. What is the difference between Confidence & Over Confidence?
    9. What are your Short term and long term plans?
    10. Can you work under pressure?
    11. Would you lie for the company?
    12. Give me an example of your creativity.
    13. What makes you angry?
    14. Who is your role model?
    15. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
    16. If you won a lottery of Rs 1 crore, would you still work?
    17. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself?
    18. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer?
    19. If not selected what will you do?
    20. Are you overqualified for this position?
    21. Are you already placed in any company?
    22. Are you satisfied with the Placement Procedure?
    23. How much salary are you expecting?
    24. Do you have any questions?

• Smartness
    • Personality
    • Logical Thinking
    • Analytical Skills
    Practise Quant and Logical Reasoning on a regular basis<br />

• For Aptitude Prepare QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE By R.S.Aggarwal,
    Be confident

Go through the MuSigma website to find out their work culture, values, customers etc.

Have patience

Fastest growing company, Young and smart peer group, Opportunity to solve the problems of customers belonging to different domains like Technology, Pharma, Banking, Retail etc.
    The presentation showed during HR talk consisted of a section called "why would you join Mu Sigma", which was quite funny. A guy was shown, whose thoughts on the left side said "Fastest growing company",Young and smart peer group","good values" etc, and the thoughts on the right side said "Great package", "girlfriend", "big house, car", "travel round the world" etc. While explaining this, the recruiter said "the left side is why you should join Mu Sigma, and the right side will automatically come haha!

AnonymousFresherNot Selected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at SASTRA University Thanjavur for TRAINEE DECISION SCIENTIST role at Mu Sigma
    Test Video Synthesis Group Discussion

• Section 1: Quant and Logic(Mathematics - Probability)
    • Section 2: Language(Mastery in English)
    • Section 3: Creativity(General Aptitude)
    • Section 4: Personality Assessment
    Piece of cake it was! Most of the questions were MCQ type. I was just so cool and started solving the questions at my own pace. I had four sections as mentioned above, but they were a mixture of all difficulty levels! First section took a lot of my time as they were mathematical and needed solving. Second and third sections were easy - Just applying the common sense and linguistic skills. The fourth section is the easiest with only two choices for each MCQ. This section had two descriptive questions - "Who is your favorite superhero and why?" , "What is the joke made of you often and how would you rate it?". Answered these quickly and truly(Do not waste time on such questions)!
    There was also another test immediately after this with 30 minutes duration. Two descriptive type questions - DATA ANALYSIS (Write what all you infer from the given table),  Picture description(What do you infer from the image below). Both these questions were general.
    Concentrate more on PROBABILITY, PERMUTATION AND COMBINATION. But Don't leave other topics.
    Aptitude is a test on how fast you use your common sense and logic to solve a problem.
    Do not 'write a lot' for the descriptive questions - be brief and specific, use proper grammar.
    If you are attempting the online test for the first time or even if you are experienced, please read the "Instructions" TWICE.
    Once you login by providing the details you will see the clock that has already started its countdown! Do not panic. Time has never stopped and it never will!! Just start attempting the questions right away.
    Prepare well, never lose hope, again I insist on PROBABILITY!

Video Synthesis

Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for this round.A video will be played for about 15 minutes. The requirement was to note down in points, what I had inferred from the video. The video played would be of any genre. For me, it was a promotional and summarizing lecture given by the CEO. I was given just 20 minutes and I had to write what I had inferred from the video on a A6 size card, provided by the recruiters after a pre-placement talk(PPT).
    Pick a suitable seat in the hall from where you can see the video and  hear the audio clearly.
    Concentrate on the video when it is played. Don't try to take notes when the video is being played as you might miss some key points!
    When you are asked to write, recap the video as many times and decide what points are so strong and encouraging. While writing, stick to one style of bullets, use same size font (handwriting).
    Again, be careful with the grammar!

'Based on the video played in the previous round'
    All candidates who attended the video synthesis round were allowed to attend group discussion. My group was asked to discuss about a part of the video that was played before and we were given thirty minutes. The recruiter was so cool and he himself took part in the discussion. Using valid points and wit in speech is the only path to success in GD.
    Be casual in the way you speak and at the same time prove you are ready to be a professional.
    The selection is based on - How you listen, How and when you speak, How and when you give a chance for others to speak.
    Make a plan on how the GD should happen if you get a chance to meet your group members before the GD.
    Don't speak invalid and inappropriate subject just for the sake of speaking.
    The most important part is 'breaking and entering' (This is where I missed, so pay attention!). The members of your team may break the plan to get an advantage over the others by not letting them speak. If one of your group members does this, raise your voice very little and ask for a chance. Even then if he continues, depending on the situation, employ your wit and break him/her and oppose their point.
    Remember : If you speak TOO MUCH, you lose. If you seldom speak, you lose.
    It is better to practice GD with your friends from now.

• Analytic
    • Creativity
    • Communication
    • Lateral thinking
    Start solving a lot of puzzles and riddles.Read a lot (apart from subject), try to communicate in English whenever you can.Never set limits for your preparation.<br /> Try to socialize and grow a network with professionals.
    Never panic on seeing the running clock during the online tests.Have confidence and belief that you are the one for the job.Prepare a lot. Only your work will give you fruit.
    Not an IT company!!!!!Data analysis and Decision Making are their prime fields. Mathematics and finance enthusiasts please apply!The company is in Bangalore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The most funny moment is when you walk out of the hall knowing you are not selected and with a determination to prepare better and there you see others (the likes of you) 'scorching' the name of the company for hiding their inability! "Dude, I wonder if you will ever get out of your trauma!

Ankit MohantyFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at D.A.V. Jamshedpur for TRAINEE DECISION SCIENTIST role at Mu Sigma
    Test Problem Solving & Case Study Video synthesis Group Discussion Technical Interview

• Section 1: Online aptitude test
    There would be 15 questions based on general aptitude. Questions are extremely easy with time management being the key to get shortlisted. The time allotted is 25 minutes. Anyone scoring somewhere near 13-14  marks is sure to get selected.
    Prepare Std X Mathematics. Questions are pretty easy. Scoring is +1for every correct answer and -0.5 for every incorrect answer.

Problem Solving & Case Study

I was given a pseudo code with two nested loops to be operated. The code was extremely easy. This round also had a case study. I was given a case of an e-commerce company.
    Coding part is pretty easy. The real elimination might be happening based on the student's approach to the case given. Case study demands each and every facet of the case to be seen and worked upon.

Video synthesis

I was shown a video on the principles of Mu Sigma and was asked to synthesize the video in three points.
    The key to crack this round is to understand the difference between synthesize and summarize. At times they even show video clippings of some Hollywood movies so make sure you are comfortable with the accent. One need to simply write the 3 key takeaway from the video.

Based on the video that you watched, what policies of Mu Sigma would you like to implement in your college's annual fest?
    I was alloted a team with 8 other people. Mu Sigma's GD is a little different because the moderator becomes an active participant of the GD. My GD went on for more than 45 minutes.
    Just make sure you speak well and deliver worthy points. I spoke only for around 5 minutes in my GD. So the key here is speaking no nonsense.

Interview Questions
      The interview round is the final round of selection. Questions were primarily based on my resume.Mu Sigma has this policy of maintaining your marks of each and every round. So suppose you score low in the case study, you might be asked to solve another case study in your interview.I was made to debate on google vs. Bing. I was also asked about my experiences handling different positions of responsibility.
      Be ready to convince the interviewer that data analytics is for you. Questions like why Mu sigma and what if you don't get selected are common. Just be calm and make sure your resume is well prepared because they will ask about everything mentioned in your resume.

• Analytical Ability
      • Data Interpretation
      • Inter Personal Skills
      • Coding ability
      • Team Work
      • General Aptitude
      • Time management
      Mu Sigma is for people who love the word 'Do'. It has a whole new approach towards data and man machine interaction. People who work at Mu Sigma suggest that it has a steep learning curve compared to other companies. These are reasons enough for a college fresher to apply for Mu Sigma.
      The initial form that they will ask you to fill will have lots of funny questions.

Mu Sigma trainee decision scientist interview

Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at UIET Panjab for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
      Test Case study and programming Video Synthesis Group Discussion HR Interview

20 mins Minutes
      • Section 1: Aptitude Test
      An aptitude test of around 20 minutes with 25 questions was being conducted. They have negative marking so one needs to be careful while making guesses. It included questions from reasoning, quantitative and data manipulation. It is quite easy to clear if you practice well.
      Just have enough practice to increase your speed.

Case study and programming

This was a really interesting round. We were given a pseudo code based upon which we had to answer 2 questions. They asked us to show the rough work that how the code is working. The questions are very logical like what will be the output of the program. The second part is that they give some data and we have to write what kind of questions can be answered based upon that data. We have to write maximum of 5 questions. Then mention more data that we require and questions that can be answered from that data.
      The programming part is easy if one knows basic programming logic. For the case study part be logical in writing what best questions one can answer from the given data. For example given the time of login for a website one can answer during what time the website has most number of visitors.

Video Synthesis

We were shown a 30 minutes video of Mu Sigma belief system. We were not allowed to take any notes. It basically tests our listening skills and grasping ability. 10 mins are give thereafter to write synthesis of the video in 3 bullet points i.e, write the key messages from the clip in short sentences. The video clip can be from any movie as well like pursuit of happiness or 7 pounds etc.
      Do no summarize what you see but write the key take aways from the video like the moral or the agenda with which the dialogues are being delivered.

20 mins Minutes
      Decide one big problem in you life and discuss upon the smaller interconnected problems that need to be solved to solve that bigger problem.
      1 minute was given to think about the topic and then start the discussion. Each and every candidate was given sufficient time to express his views. Try to speak only valid points and do not cut others while they are speaking.
      It is similar to the GDs of all the other companies. Just keep in mind no to be aggressive while speaking and be patient to listen others point of view as well.

Interview Questions
        Depending upon your performance in previous round you can have one or two interviews. They are no specific as HR or technical but a combination of both. In first round I was asked about myself and why I wanted to join the company. Then there was a puzzle : How many squares are on a chessboard. Then he asked me to tell 10 innovative ways to switch off a lamp. Then there were questions from my resume like one achievement you are really proud of and some questions from excel as it was mentioned in my CV.
        In second HR interview they asked me about my career goals, What motivates me and one case question. If I am the store manager of McDonald's what will be the day to day decisions I will be taking?
        The interview basically focuses on testing your logical skills. Be clear on your career goals as in why you want to join the company. Be honest and be prepared for any kind of question to be asked from your resume. They will ask questions related to things mentioned in your CV.

• Logical Skills
        • Listening Skills
        • Analytical Skills

• Case in point,
        • Knowledge of R and Excel,
        Practice solving puzzles and guesstimate questions. Keep calm and be confident. Prepare well for whatever you mention in your CV
        Its a niche company dealing with data analysis and business consulting.

Mu Sigma trainee decision scientist interview

Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
        Test Problem Statement case study video synthesis Group Discussion HR Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: 15 quants
        • Section 2: logical questions
        The test was conducted by cocubes.com. I didn't even clear the aptitude during the on campus process. It's fairly easy though. Attempt at least 13 questions. I think the cut-off was around 10. Around 450 students passed this barrier.

case study

Some details were provided about a pharmaceutical company. We were expected to write down 3 questions that we deemed important regarding the details provided. Also we were to ask 3 additional questions that would give additional details about the problem statement. (10 minutes). These two rounds were combined and then there was an elimination. Around 100 people cleared these rounds.

video synthesis

A video featuring Mr.DhirajRajaram (CEO of Mu Sigma) was screened. In the video, he explained the core values of Mu Sigma. We were expected to synthesise the video. Write down three main points about what we got from the video.

Our GD was initially based on the video itself. After 10 minutes, our monitor gave us a new topic- Iron Man vs. Super Man. 3 from 8 people were selected. The selection was based on the quantity as well as quality of the matter you spoke. Again, these 2 rounds were combined and then an elimination. At least 50 cleared this round.

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: No. of crows in Mumbai?
        • Question 2: No. of swifts sold in Mumbai.
        • Question 3: No. of coffees sold by CCD in a day.
        • Question 4: how you would fix the ticket price for a play in an auditorium.
        • Question 5: Questions about my experience as the Head of Finance for IETE and Udaan’14
        • Question 6: who's my idol?
        There are scores given to you based on your performance in each round. So after the GD round, if you pass a certain threshold, you'd have only one interview with the senior HR. I didn't, so had to go through 2 interviews. My 1st interview lasted for 65-70 minute. The other half of my interview was based entirely on my resume. Questions about my experience as the Head of Finance for IETE and Udaan'14 were asked. I had to tell him in great details about what did I actually do. What did I learn from my experience and would you recommend your juniors taking up such positions.

Interview Questions
          I had to wait for 3 hours for the final interview confirmation. The last interview was a kind of a formality I suppose. Questions like tell me about yourself and my hobbies were asked. Then again resume based questions were asked. I was asked to ask some questions about the company. (Always ask). I asked two questions and I was done.

• R.S Agarwal for Quants ,

Arindam BhaktaFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Agartala for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
            Test VIDEO synthesis & PSEUDO-coding Group case study HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
            Very simple yet interesting and mind boggling.
            Practice the shortcuts in solving these simple prblms. dont go for answering all the questions, u just need to cross the cut-off

VIDEO synthesis & PSEUDO-coding

Very interesting round but brings out the best in u
            Listen carefully. its "synthesis" not "summary" , so better if one does go with one liners , catch words r punch lines may do the job.

You dont need to be a coding-wizard to pass this one. very basic things, u just need to carefully find the small twists and tricks

Group case study

They will give u and ur grp a real life business scenario and need to give a economically feasible yet very effective ways to solve that and bring profit to ur customer.
            Read the problem time and again to seriously understand the problem underlying, ask questions if you need. Then accumulate the things and come out with a plan, very clear one. Dont go on shouting at ur fellow mates, this isn't a group discussion, its a case study.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Why do u want to join Mu Sigma?
            • Question 2: Questions frm CV
            Although it was my very first interview ever, and off course i was a bit tensed, but as soon as i entered i became very relaxed. the HRs were very friendly. They love to talk and know u. Not at all like what we typically think of.

it was around 1:30am , they even offered me some chocolates :p
            Again, B yourself. DO NOT PRETEND. i being an final year engineering student did not know much about the field of decision sciences neither they expect anyone to knw.

• Problem solving skills
            • Learning Skills
            • Team player
            Know about the company before to go to appear for the interview.
            -Its one of the fastest growing company.

-There's no hierarchy, so i will b a part of an experienced group where i can learn frm the basics to the advance things of this field which will help me to develop myself
            it was 1:30am , so when i entered i wished them Gd Morning, at that time they noticed its so late at night. and suddenly everyone (including me :p) became hungry and so had chocolates with "mu-sigma, do the math" printed on its cover :p

AnonymousFresherNot Selected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
            Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Interview

For resume preparation I took help from my seniors as well as batch mates. A very effective method which I got to know from a senior was to first make a list of all the different activities I have done in my life and then writing down, corresponding to each of them, what quality of mine is getting highlighted and what would I like to get highlighted. After preparing this list I could clearly see what are my strengths and how can I highlight them. Then came the writing part, generally there is a perception that you should first write your academic projects and then extra curricular activities. But what I have learnt is that you need to show on your first page something that will make the person look at your second page also, otherwise the resume reviewers don’t have much time that they can go through every resume completely. You need to show something interesting may be academics or may be extra curricular activities. Also, a very important consideration is the company you are applying to. You should show in your resume what the company is looking for. For instance if a company is looking for a technical profile then obviously they will be more interested in your academic achievements and not extra-curricular activities.
            Taking help from the resumes of some successful seniors is a nice way to start. Later on you can mold it according to yourself .Also, it is very necessary to get the resume reviewed at least 3-4 times by someone.

It had a GD first and then an interview. For GDs I had a few practice sessions with my friends and since I had joined TIME for CAT coaching, so I had some GD sessions there also. The first round was a GD session. There were eight people in my group. The topic given was “Role of Media in the society”. The judges of the GD session were also a part of the GD and it was made clear that no shouting and no stopping others is acceptable. So overall it was a nice discussion for about 40-45 minutes. After the session judges called a few people in the room one by one. I was also called and asked my opinion about the company and would I like to join.

Interview

Interview Questions
              The second round was an interview. I was asked general HR questions like “why I came to IIT” and “what are my future plans” and then one or two resume based questions. Then they asked me 2 puzzles, one was a probability related puzzle with fair and unfair coins. Overall I had a very small interview of only 20 minutes compared to few other people’s interviews. I though I was going to make through but it was the other way round.

If someone is appearing for any of the Data Analytics and Consulting firms, he should be very nicely prepared for the typical HR questions, just feel confident and speak what your heart says. He should be very thorough about whatever he has written in the resume. Also, puzzles are very important part for such interviews, so practicing general puzzles from internet would be very helpful. And if someone is appearing for a core company, be ready for very basic technical question of your field.

Test VIDEO SYNTHESIs Problem Statement Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: quant
                • Section 2: logic questions
                15 simple quant and logic questions with negative marking. People who could solve even 10 correctly were able to clear the aptitude round.

VIDEO SYNTHESIs

You’ll be shown a video clip of around 2-3 minutes from a Hollywood movie.You have to write your inferences about the clip. Please do not summarise For example: We were shown a clip from the movie “2012”. The scene showed the crowd fighting to get on the airplane which was permitted only to the ones with a green card (richer section). Then the main character telling heads of nations about right and wrong. Now to answer this correctly, you can write about the bravery of the man, discrimination between richer and the poorer sections, etc. And incorrect synthesis would be: people are fighting to get on the plane, man is giving a speech,  Write at least 3 major points and 2 sub points to support every major point.

Problem Statement

general management based problem-the lowering sales of a company.
                Groups of 4 were made. Likewise there were around 21 groups. Each group was given a general management based problem, for example, the lowering sales of a so and so company. The group had to discuss about this problem and find a solution. There were 2 people from Musigma to guide during the GD. You can ask them necessary data related to the problem that is not mentioned. This will add to your scoring points.

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: if you were the manager of a company then which kind of team will you prefer, generalists or specialists?
                • Question 2: I am the owner of a diaper producing company, I raised the price but still my sales are rising, how is that possible?
                • Question 3: asked about my family, the quality that I like the most about myself
                • Question 4: why musigma? 
                Simple non tech interview. Feel free to talk anything.Be prepared for situation based questions such as, if you were the manager of a company then which kind of team will you prefer, generalists or specialists? I am the owner of a diaper producing company, I raised the price but still my sales are rising, how is that possible? Any lame but practically possible answer will do, but let him know that you are thinking. Don’t be quiet whatsoever.  Be thorough with your resume because it will be scanned and will be the source to most of the interview questions. In the end, why musigma? Then I asked him few questions about the company.

Mu Sigma trainee decision scientist interview

Application
                  I was interviewed on-campus at GITAM University Hyderabad Campus for Trainee Decision Scientist role at Mu Sigma
                  Test Video Synthesis Group Discussion HR Interview

90 min Minutes
                  • Section 1: Quant & Logic
                  • Section 2: English
                  • Section 3: Data Interpretation
                  • Section 4: Personality
                  The aptitude test was conducted as a part of the CoCubes online exam that we were supposed to attempt. It was different than most of the aptitude exams that I have given so far. It consisted of negative marking, so I had to be cautious while attempting each question. They tested us mostly on our English skills and how well could we interpret a particular scenario or a picture followed by basic quant and logic questions. It was interesting yet challenging.
                  Since the exam contains negative marking, it's best to attempt questions that we absolutely know the answer to. Any wild guesses can cost us a lot. I was very cautious while attempting the questions. In fact, I left a few questions from each section. It really doesn't matter until you are pretty confident about the questions that you've answered. Make sure that the questions that you answer are 100% correct.

Video Synthesis

Once I was shortlisted, I was called for further rounds and the first one was video synthesis. I was told that in this round, we would be shown a clipping and we would have to interpret it and that's exactly what happened with me. It was a 17 minute video where the CEO of the company was taking a lecture session. Once the video ended, we were given 10 minutes to write 3 strong points that we understood from the video. I was told before hand, not to explain about what you saw in the video but, what you understood from it and that's exactly what I did.
                  There's a reason why it's called video synthesis and not video summary. Best keep your points crisp and to the point. Do not repeat what you've already seen in the video. Write what you understood from it and just keep it short.

45 minutes Minutes
                  We were a group of 10 students. The duration of the discussion was about 45 minutes. We were given 3 topics. Each spread over 15 minutes. They were all based on general topics. Nothing too fancy or difficult. We were told before we begun the discussion that we would be judged on how well we articulate our thoughts and not based on how much we speak or how many fancy words we use in the discussion.

Interview Questions
                    My HR interview went pretty well. I was not very tensed as my interviewers made me feel comfortable. It was just a basic HR round and I made sure that I put my best foot forward.

• Logical Thinking
                    • Proficiency In English
                    • Ability To Analyse

Test video synthesis Problem Statement Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: quant
                    • Section 2: logic questions
                    15 simple quant and logic questions with negative marking.People who could solve even 10 correctly were able to clear the aptitude round.
                    Don’t get stuck on one question. Go further and come back to that question if time permits.

video synthesis

You’ll be shown a video clip of around 2-3 minutes from a Hollywood movie.  You have to write your inferences about the clip. Please do not summarise. For example: We were shown a clip from the movie “2012”. The scene showed the crowd fighting to get on the airplane which was permitted only to the ones with a green card (richer section). Then the main character telling heads of nations about right and wrong.  Now to answer this correctly, you can write about the bravery of the man, discrimination between richer and the poorer sections, etc. And incorrect synthesis would be: people are fighting to get on the plane, man is giving a speech, etc. Write at least 3 major points and 2 sub points to support every major point.

Problem Statement

Groups of 4 were made. Likewise there were around 21 groups.  Each group was given a general management based problem, for example, the lowering sales of a so and so company. The group had to discuss about this problem and find a solution. There were 2 people from Musigma to guide during the GD. You can ask them necessary data related to the problem that is not mentioned. This will add to your scoring points.

Interview Questions
                      Simple non tech interview. Feel free to talk anything   Be prepared for situation based questions such as, if you were the manager of a company then which kind of team will you prefer, generalists or specialists? I am the owner of a diaper producing company, I raised the price but still my sales are rising, how is that possible? Any lame but practically possible answer will do, but let him know that you are thinking. Don’t be quiet whatsoever.  I was asked about my family, the quality that I like the most about myself.  Be thorough with your resume because it will be scanned and will be the source to most of the interview questions. In the end, why musigma?  Then I asked him few questions about the company.