TRADER

TRADER Interview Questions and Tips

Optiver trader interview

, 3.5k views
Shubham LalwaniFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for TRADER role at Optiver
Test Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Simple Arithmetic Speed Round
It was a round which involved 80 questions such as  (3+17*5)/11 = ?Four Options were given (one answer correct)The extraordinary part of this test was that it involved negative marks for a wrong answer as well as a skipped answer. That means one has to sequentially answer questions!
Practise on tradertest.org.Even if you do 50 questions here, you will get through the optiver test.Learn to progress without rechecking :D

• Section 1: Pattern Matching
The cutoff was 24/26 correct patterns! It was damn competitive!
Just have a knack of solving patterns. They are available on tradertest.org.

• Section 1: Logic Questions
This was a round wherein I seriously felt that I would not get through. I had got 2 definitely right, and other 3 almost 1/2 right. I guess the cutoff was 3/6. Questions involved probability and logic puzzles.
Just keep on practising logic puzzles. And also brush up on probability. Especially on expected values!

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: The card question : They go on for various rounds asking us to trade on expected values on a deck of cards.
It was fun! I had practised a few mock interviews and this went like a breeze.
Do get a good enough feel of trading and try practising trading on a deck of cards.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Stress Interview!
This was an ultimate stress interview. A lot of questions were two-faced : having us to choose between two correct answers. They look at the way a trader would answer the questions.
Shout out loudly! Yeah, sometimes they check your voice strength. And relax. They will get to your inner predicament eventually. Also, practise the basic HR questions : Why optiver? What are qualities of trader? What does Optiver trade? Some strengths and weaknesses, etc. etc.

• Speed
  • Memory
  • Logic
I googled for logic puzzles and prepared almost all I could get my hands on.
Just take it easy. You would do best if you are cool :)
I simply loved the grace of the company! And took to liking trading imensely. Also, I felt that I had the skillset in me to become a good trader.
I forgot what optiver trades. It was a LOL moment indeed!

Futures First trader interview

, 12.1k views
AswanExperiencedSelected
Application
I Applied for job through Campus recruitment for TRADER role at Futures First
Resume Shortlist Test Test Stress Interview Stress Interview

I guess they have shortlisted more or less 80-90% of the applications for the written test

• Section 1: Quick Math
They will ask you to solve 30 numerical questions in 5 minutes.Its all about getting to know your zeal for numbers
There are several quick math tests available online and having some practice doing them will help

• Section 1: Quantitative and Anaytical
This test has 30 questions and you are given 30 minutes.the difficulty of the questions would be more or less similar to CAT.
If you are already preparing for CAT,it will help you big time

Stress Interview

The interviewer tried to create stress from the minute I entered his room.After formal introduction about myself ,he asked me few questions about the courses I did in finance.He started to argue that I am wrong with one of my answers in Accounting,but I was quite sure that I am right.He asked me to prove that I am right.I requested him to allow me to go back to my room and get that accounting book.He allowed me to leave and said that I need not come back if I am wrong.I had a few tense seconds and then I decided to leave as I was quite sure about my answer.I got that book from my room and ca,e back to prove that I am right.He was impressed with my confidence and risk taking ability.He went on to ask me about global economic situations,the crisis of 2008 and some other general questions.
I don't think there will be such an emphasis about finance in the interview.I had few courses and I initiated the conversations as I had prepared to talk about them.It will be a stress interview and they might test you with puzzles and numbers in the middle of the interview.Be calm,confident and honest.

Stress Interview

The second interview started and there was an awkward silence for the next 5 minutes(The longest 5 minutes I ever had till then).The interviewer was looking at his phone,ordered for a coffee and then had a look at my resume.Then, he remained silent for the next couple of minutes again after which he finally started conversing with me.He told me a 10 digit number

• Emotional Quotient

• Accounting And Finance,
  • FRM Level 1 Certification,
  • NCFM Certification,
  • CFA Certification,
Be yourself.If you have what it takes to work there,they will not miss you
This is the alert