Technology

Technology Interview Questions and Tips

Citicorp technology internship interview

Sanjana YellamelliFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Technology role at Citicorp
Test Behavioural Interview Puzzle Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: objective algorithmic and programming questions
  • Section 2: Basic Aptitude
  • Section 3: English
  • Section 4: Coding
The first 3 modules in the test were all objective with a huge time constraint . For Module 1- knowing few basic algorithms and basic coding knowledge was enough. Coding section (Module 4) was also easy-(1 hours- 2 codes)
Knowing few basic sorting and searching algorithms will really help.Practicing few aptitude tests before the tests will help to improve speed

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Name few accomplishments in your life for which you are really proud?
  • Question 2: Accomplishments as a team?
  • Question 3: What is your motive in life/for this choosing to build your career in these lines?
  • Question 4: Why this profile?
  • Question 5: Why CitiCorp?
It was a really friendly environment. Interviewers were more interactive and was not like a stereo typical interview but was more like a very good conversation
Some people had a technical round interview in this interview's place - it is mostly interviewer specific.They had hard core coding questions on C/Java(depending on which language they chose to write module 4 in the test)

Preparing for few questions like Why citi? Why this profile? in addition to practicing to run them through your resume by highlighting important points would help

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: A fish using 6 sticks was drawn in a specific direction and was asked to rotate in 180 degrees moving minimum number of sticks possible
  • Question 2: Extension of question number 1- interviewer drew two fins and now asked to do the same
The puzzles were actually easy.
Being cool and calm and not panicking
Some of my other friends had questions like - most efficient way to find whether or not a number is prime

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Which place are you from?
  • Question 2: Why do you think almost all the IITs are populated mostly by students from the telugu states?
  • Question 3: Few other questions related to resume
It was a very friendly interview.
Trying to work on your soft skills will help

• 1)communication Skills
  • Logical Puzzles
Just be calm. Try to interact with the interviewers and the interview can also be self driven - as in, one can direct the interview as he/she wants(the first round interview)

Trying to be active during the interview right from the beginning - with good salutation will give them a good impression on you
After reading about CitiCorp - got an impression that its work culture would be good
From my resume - the Monkey Proof dustbin i worked on during my first semester (In the HR round interview)

Vodafone technology internship interview

Kranthi TejFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Technology role at Vodafone
Group Discussion HR Interview

The Great Indian Jugaad
The group discussion was plain and simple. The topic was a very simple one and anyone could speak about it. I really enjoyed it.
You have to just make a valid and reasonable point I'm the discussion so that most people would agree with you. It is not necessary for you to start the discussion. But concluding the GD is very important. The group has to conclude upon a joint opinion.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
  • Question 2: Describe your previous internship
  • Question 3: What is the most significant event during your life at IIT
  • Question 4: Do you have any questions for us
The interviewers were friendly and comforting. The experience was pretty good. The interview was peaceful and you could speak your heart.
Be truthful. Don't lie about anything. Don't be nervous. Just be yourself and answer the questions freely. Never say negative or pessimistic expressions or feelings.

• Data Analysis
  • Honesty
  • Team Player
  • Enthusiasm
  • Leadership Skills
Remain cool and answer the questions calmly.

• Heard On The Street: Quantitative Questions From Wall Street Job Interviews,
Don't get nervous or tensed. Make valid points in GD. Don't start the GD if you're not confident.
The kind of diversity and opportunities they provide. The brand image of the company is also huge.
When I told them that I did not know how to hold a hockey stick but got through the NSO selections. :P