Technical Support Engineer

Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Cognizant technical support engineer interview

Ažra FåtìmàFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at VRK Womens College of Engineering and Technology for Technical Support Engineer role at Cognizant
Test Group Discussion HR Interview

30mins Minutes
  • Section 1: aptitute
  • Section 2: technical
Before sharing my experience, i would like to say that that i had obsessed myself so much about cognizant that it placed a pressure bomb inside my head. i got invited for the interview.
So D-day arrived! I reached their office . No words can describe the environment they have created for themselves. Hats off Cognizant! The vibes coming out were positive, fun filled and attractive to a soon-going to be a graduate-counterculture-aspirant! I was asked to wait in the waiting room with other job aspirants. And that's when the time bomb started ticking inside my head! All aspirants were well dressed.Then i was called for the test. Overall it was too good experience i can say.
Practice as much as you can.Practice exam technique and try to become more familiar with the types of test you may face by completing practice questions.You should work quickly and accurately through the test. Don’t get stuck on any particular question.Treat aptitude tests like an interview: get a good night's sleep, plan your journey to the test site, and arrive on time and appropriately dressed. Listen to the instructions you are given and follow them precisely.Work swiftly and accurately through any test. Never be in a hurry. Stay calm and attempt the test.

15mins Minutes
views on Western culture and Indian culture
there were 6 of us. We were asked to introduce ourselves and quote one embarrassing moment from our respective lives. The moderators were two young ladies. The introduction went quite smoothly . Few of us were quoting their childhood moments which for me i guess depicts that you have been a flop show lately on the fun side. My topic for Group Discussion was "Views on Western culture and Indian culture". We were given 30 seconds to prepare before we shoot off and as soon as they directed us to start. Then the GD started and The discussion went on for 12-15 minutes. I held on to my view through out the GD and was pretty much confident.and thankfully i was shortlisted to the final round.
Be positive and prepare your thoughts well but do not be over-confident.Do not repeat a point, or be lengthy or irrelevant. Also intervene, if someone else is going on an irrelevant track.BE AS NATURAL AS POSSIBLE. Do not try to be someone you are not. Be yourself. In an attempt to be someone else, your opinions will not be portrayed.
GD evaluates how you can function as a part of a team. As a manager or as a member of an organization you will always be working in teams. Therefore how you interact in a team becomes an important criterion for your selection. So maintain good interactive skills.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: tell me about yourself?
Now, i couldn't wait anymore, the bomb was racing in my head. I just wanted to go in and kill it before it blasts off. My patience was on test. At last, i was called! Tick tick tick... My body was shaking, my mouth had dried out and palms were sweating.. The pressure bomb had gone off! I was asked to introduce myself. he then introduced himself too, I told about my interests, my hobbies,and whatever was on mind.
He then asked me regarding my project of my final year and the technology used in it. I briefly gave him description of my project with a satisfactory answer. After that he gave me a task of anchoring. I was said to mimic as a TV anchor. It went well. and i was sent out for the results.

Finally after the interviews of all the students, we were given a break. They took the same and at around 11pm, all again gathered at the auditorium for the final result. Everyone was nervous regarding their selection. There was a lot of tension. Finally, they started announcing the names. I kept my fingers crossed and was continuously praying. After around 50 names, I heard my name. It was after that I felt relaxed. I thanked God and rushed out of auditorium to call my parents. They were so happy.
This was my first experience and I got selected. I was so elated. It was an ecstatic experience.
Always think that if u need this particular job then at the same time, organization is also looking for good candidate…During interview always focus on what all skill sets you will bring to organization. Once you are clear on Job Requirement, make a list of probable questions and their answers i.e. what all an interviewer can ask you.Always BE HONEST during interview..If u don’t know any answer just accept the same rather trying to give wrong answers…Besides knowledge, organizations give lot of importance to people who are honest in approach and also flexible in their approach.I hope these tips may help.

BE CONFIDENT about your goals. Then only you can achieve.
Preparation is the key ingredient for interview success. Careful planning and preparation will make sure that your interview goes smoothly and will also help to calm your nerves!
My motivation is my self-confidence and honesty.

Cognizant technical support engineer interview

Ažra FåtìmàFresherSelected

• Section 1: Aptitude
  • Section 2: Technical
My experience for this test was Challenging and strenuous. Unlike every normal person even i was distress. Though I was prepared as per the requisite. Still there was feeling of nervousness all over my head.
Next morning, me many of my fellow mates we were preparing for the test and frankly i didn't knew what to study distinct that i was confident and attempted my test with conviction. The main important advice i can give is always be CONFIDENT in whatever your doing.
Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, hopefully answer will be succinct and on topic.

Remember that you lose out on 100% of the opportunities that you never go for. To get what you want, ask for it. I fully believe that if I ask enough people for whatever I want, I can get it. This is not necessarily true and yet it’s a useful belief. As you think about your goals and what you are striving for, how effective would it be for you to believe that all the people out there want to help you if you only ask? Whether that is true or not in the “real world” does not matter. If you find that belief empowering, I invite you to adopt it as your own.
Ask yourself, “What’s the worst that could happen?” Too often, we place excess importance on potential problems. We all have a certain amount of energy so let’s apply it to creating extraordinary relationships, advancing our careers and meeting our goals INSTEAD of wasting that energy worrying. Take action on what you have control over and minimize risks for what you don’t. Then invest your energy wisely.
My motivation would be "Take a daily step outside our comfort zone".

Microsoft technical support engineer interview

Shoundariya NFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at N/A for Technical Support Engineer role at Microsoft
Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

This round had quantities, verbal, logical reasoning, and technical. This was hosted by a third party known as co-cubes (not sure if it’s always them). In technical round, questions where mostly on C++ and some questions on OS and networks. This was pretty easy if you are good at C++.

This was a pretty interesting round.They gave us a very big scenario and time was given to go through it.The only problem was it was a bit difficult to get the context at a single glance but you will get it if you go through it properly the second time. If you are a good speaker it is a cake walk. You just need to focus on the content and speak on the context in which you are told to (it will be mentioned in the paper, you will have to talk on that).

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Difference between #define and const.
  • Question 2: OSI layers and their functions.
  • Question 3: Explain structure to a layman.
  • Question 4: Write code for creating a node in linked list.
  • Question 5: What is the use of encoder and decoder?
  • Question 6: Explain one cryptographic technique.
  • Question 7: What is the use of public and private key?
  • Question 8: What are the steps which you will follow if a customer calls and tell you that he is not able to do any editing in Microsoft word?
  • Question 9: What are the properties of a B-Tree?
  • Question 10: What would you do coming to Microsoft?
All you need in this round is CONFIDENCE and thorough knowledge on your technical skills.

A puzzle was also asked: There are three baskets sitting next to each other. Under the first basket is a sign that says Apples. Under the second basket is a sign that says Oranges, and under the third basket is a sign that says Apples and Oranges. Each basket is incorrectly labeled. One basket contains all apples, one all oranges, and one a combination of apples and oranges. You are allowed to pick one fruit from one basket and label them correctly. (Ans : Pick it from the basket which is labeled wrongly as Apple and Oranges, you will be able to label it properly)

IBM India technical support engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Support Engineer role at IBM India
Group Discussion Versant Technical + HR Interview

Women empowerment, conservation of trees, very simple topics as such. It wasn't the content of what you said. Rather how you said it.
It was only to check your communication skills. It was not about what you said. Rather how you said it.

Versant

Some topics like "tell me about yourself" or some random questioning like "what are your thoughts on punctuality"
Again, focus was on communication

Technical + HR Interview

General questions about computer basics. Like what's IP address? Which OS do you use and questions related to that. Basics that a computer science engineer would learn in first year of engineering

Genpact technical support engineer interview

Saurabh ShuklaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Dr. KNMIET for Technical Support Engineer role at Genpact
Group Discussion VBA(i-speak)

Social networking is good for us or not
The round was quite easy.The HR was very seriously listening to each and every candidate.
Only speak valid points.