Technical Engineer

Technical Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Rotork technical engineer interview

FresherNot Selected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Anna University Chennai for Technical Engineer role at Rotork
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

It is a very simple round. They looked for Good Projects, Good Managerial Skills like organizing symposiums etc.It seemed like they dint really care about the GPA.
1.Have a strong resume
2.Organize Many Symposiums

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What is the need for load flow study.?
  • Question 2: Name two advantages of digital data as compare d to analog data
  • Question 3: Given two switches A and B, design a configur ation which gives a TRUE output only when A and B are both closed. Include any necessary connectio ns to a 5 Volt power supply, show at which point in the circuit you would measure the ou tput voltage and describe the relationship between the voltage measured and the logical values
  • Question 4: The hydraulic steering device of a dish antenna for satellite tracking works by adjusting the elevation using a hydraulic ram. Oil can be pumped into the ram to raise the elevation. The hydraulic seals leak pressure very slowly such that additional oil has to be pumped periodically to maintain a constant elevation. Two output signals are provided by the hydraulic system: ABOVE19 and ABOVE20 which equal 1 whenever the elev ation of the disk is above 19 and 20 degrees respectively from the horizontal. Design a circuit to keep the elevation of the dish between these tw o limits. Your circuit should have an output signal PUMP which equals 1 when you want the pump to increase the hydraulic pressure and hence raise the elevation of the dish.
It is a very formal technical interview.They started asking me a series of questions from many topics like Digital Electronics,Electronics Circuits,Power systems etc. I was not so good in the areas(Electronic Circuits,Power Systems) which they questioned me and I was trying to take them to my areas of expertise(Digital Electronics etc). It dint turned around to be well. They expected the person to be technically sound in all areas. They cared very much for the attitude of the person.
1.Be strong in Basics of Electronics/Electrical
2.Try to take the panel towards your area

1.Be strong in your basic electronics.
1.Learn Basic Electronics well

2.Organize Events/Symposiums

3.Be

Citicorp technical engineer internship interview

Siddharth ThakurFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Technical Engineer role at Citicorp
Test Puzzle Interview Technical Interview

2 hours Minutes
  • Section 1: Coding(General)
  • Section 2: Quantitative
  • Section 3: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 4: English
  • Section 5: Coding
The questions were pretty easy. Time being the only constraint. No pre-requisite knowledge required for Quant, Logical Reasoning reason and English regions. For coding, you can study up basic concepts like linked lists, stack, queue in either C,C++ or Java.
Brush up on basic coding concepts like OOPS, Inheritance, linked Lists and practise a few problems.

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: There are 25 horses and 5 tracks. Only by relative comparison in each race, find the minimum no of races needed to find the top three horses.
  • Question 2: Optimizing in how to find a name multiple times from a string.
Some resume based questions(My summer intern) and easy puzzle questions. The interviewee was a very relaxed person and makes you feel comfortable.
Keep your calm and read up on some puzzles. Also if you have had coding experience, make sure all the tracks are covered.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Signal Analysis.
it was Resume based and a few tech questions

Eaton Corporation technical engineer internship interview

Romil ShahFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Technical Engineer role at Eaton Corporation
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

Based on CG.
Maintain high CG. Above 8.7

They ask.for general questions based on previous internships and projects. They also ask what have you learned from.it. Etc.
Be confident even you haven't done something great. Make.it sound like great.

They basically ask.about yourself and family and background. They also ask about moral values which was something I had always thought about from beginning. Very long interview.
They'll try to make you answer that why don't you go for further studies and all. Make sure you convince then you aren't gonna pursue it.

Tata Research Development and Design Centre technical engineer internship interview

Utkarsh KongeFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Technical Engineer role at Tata Research Development and Design Centre

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Explain the Simplex method
Amazing. Asked only simple questions
Get your basics perfect.
Get the basics perfect
Interest in Operations feild

Reliance technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at Reliance
Test Technical Interview

Mostly the question were too simple to answer just u need to go through any cat materials & u must have good technical knowledge.
Almost all companies has CAT type questions so do that question from net or from any general books like O.P.Agrawal

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: .current transformer in detail
  • Question 2: My hobbies
  • Question 3: Name diffnt site where u can see technical videos e.g HOW STUFF WORKS-my answer
  • Question 4: Wht do knw abt Reliance?
  • Question 5: Tell me about yurself.
just be chill out during interviews & tests.. u will come out with flying colors ...go there and present as what u r .never play games with them they will know your bluff in mins.So,be cool,calm & be in proper dress code.Dnt worry if u r weak in vocab.just present yurself and be confident.
regards-dhawal
ALL THE BEST!!!!
(if u get through this contact me for my share i just charge 10% of yur pay for this advise :P :P)

TATA Power technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at TATA Power

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: started with asking abt my self.
  • Question 2: i was asked to tell him all the subject i had in my 4th year.
  • Question 3: Asked about corona effect.
  • Question 4: Asked about power systems what all i studied.
  • Question 5: Asked abt power quality, what does it mean n details of it.
  • Question 6: Entered the basics of electrical concepts as in flow of current n all(they were tricky, many googly questions they ask)
  • Question 7: Asked abt my internships. Asked abt induction machines. thr speed-torque c/s n all.
  • Question 8: then it was all HR. as in whr i hv travelled.
  • Question 9: then i was askd abt my future edu plans
guyz b honest i told them that i'm planning 2 take up MS but aftr working fr an year or 2)
Be honest with whatever u say. Coz u try to bluff them, they know it in a sec. Even if its yr plans of not taking up a job, dont strtaght away tell them dat or u'll b kicked out. But assure them dat u'll work fr an year or 2. n if u dont know particular ans, then say dont know. Dont bluff.n b confident.

Godrej Industries technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at Godrej Industries
HR Interview Technical Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: introduce yourself/family background/hobbies
  • Question 2: future plans? mtech/ms/mba
  • Question 3: how will u manage to study if u join company then after 2 years if u r willing for further studies?
  • Question 4: ready to go out of mumbai?
  • Question 5: if job is not in office atmosphere(field job) will u be ok?ready to handle any practical problem while working on field?

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: favourite subjects
  • Question 2: is trasnformer a machine?
  • Question 3: bidirectional/unidirectional?
  • Question 4: why oil is used in transformer?
  • Question 5: why water is not used?
  • Question 6: function of silica jel in transformer?
  • Question 7: function of fuse?
  • Question 8: function of tester
mostly questions asked on machines in our placement.
prepare machines,basic power systems fundamentals
be free,relaxed and confident!!!
and please BE HONEST if u don't know the answer directly tell I DON'T KNOW
instead of guessing!

VMware technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at VMware
Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical + HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Who was your previous interviewers name?

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: A variation of the game master mind, with numbers 1-9 instead of colors, and no repetitions allowed. Guess my number in 9 attempts

Technical + HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Given infinite resources generate a algorithm to operate lifts in a 500 story building such that no one is kept waiting as well as

Godrej Industries technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at Godrej Industries

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself, your family background,etc(all in one shot!!)
  • Question 2: What are your Favorite subjects?
upon knowing that machines and power systems are my favorite subjects, they both bombarded me with loads of questions ranging from generators , transformers, hydro electricity plant, receiving stations, etc...
The interview lasted for a whooping 35 minutes! and at the end i was told by them that godrej is getting into the distribution biz.
Go Bindaas with full confidence. give answers with full confidence and stick to your point. they may try to prove you wrong. and worry not! there are so many companies for electrical engineers that u r surely to get into a good one. all the best. hope this much info will help u.....

Godrej Industries technical engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Technical Engineer role at Godrej Industries
HR Interview Technical Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: tell me abt urself
  • Question 2: Would u like to work in marketing or sales depart, r u ready to work outside bombay n r u interested in PG

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: .favorite subjects
  • Question 2: why do we use startin methods to start induction motor n xplain them
  • Question 3: what is basic eqn of Xmer
  • Question 4: can we start indn motors of higher ratings direct online, justify
  • Question 5: how will u convey concept of generator to a common man
go confidently!