System Engineer

System Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Alok Kumar MauryaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar for SYSTEM ENGINEER role at TCS

• Section 1: EMAIL WRITING
Writing an email from the given phrases.

1. Being in Top 5 in your respective branch, you will have to face only 1 round (Verbal Ability (10 min): Writing an email from the given phrases).(ELIMINATION ROUND)

2. For all, 1st Round consists of 2 stages, first Verbal Ability (10 min) and second Analytical Ability (80 min). (ELIMINATION ROUND)

Don't take chance of misjudging Verbal Ability Round, as in my college 7 toppers were not able to qualify this round. The reason is not that this round was tough but you need to take care of the rules and you must know what is required and what is not while writing an email. This round is easy only when you know certain things about this round.
1. Don't cross 100 words limit. This is not mentioned anywhere upto what word limit we can use. In case  you are crossing 100 words, you will get -20 score added in your overall score, this may lead you to below cutoff. So, Beware.

2. Use the phrases as given, in my suggestion don't change the tense of verb.

3. Start with Dear ABC, Respected Sir etc. and end up with Thanks and Regards.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself.
  • Question 2: What are your favorite subjects?
  • Question 3: Do you know what stored procedures are?
  • Question 4: What are the advantages of Stored Procedures?
  • Question 5: Explain Difference b/w Function and Stored Procedure?
  • Question 6: Write a code to describe the difference b/w normal function calling and stored procedure invocation?
  • Question 7: What are Constructors?
  • Question 8: Explain Difference b/w Constructor and Method also write the code which can describe the difference b/w the two?
  • Question 9: What are the properties of Constructor?
  • Question 10: What is the difference b/w assignment and initialization?
  • Question 11: Write a code to allocate the memory to object?
  • Question 12: Explain DBMS?
  • Question 13: Explain characteristics of DBMS?
  • Question 14: What do you understand by Deadlocks?
  • Question 15: Do you Know Phantom Deadlocks?
  • Question 16: What is the difference b/w Procedural Programming and OOP Concept? What are the problems with C in this context?
  • Question 17: Do you Know JSP? What is JSP? Its Advantages?
  • Question 18: Why did you learn PHP, if JSP is more secure?
  • Question 19: What do you know about File System in C++?
  • Question 20: What do you mean by Paging?
  • Question 21: What are types of File System in OS?
  • Question 22: Explain about your Intern Project? What was your role? Explain in Detail?
  • Question 23: Tell me something innovative thing that you have done in your College related to your projects.
  • Question 24: What is the difference b/w thread and process?
  • Question 25: What are cookies in PHP?
  • Question 26: What do you know about Protocols? Explain Different types of Protocols?
  • Question 27: Why do you want to join TCS?
  • Question 28: What do you mean by experience certainty?
2nd Day (10th October 2014):

It was 5 o'clock in the morning, I felt that there was no change in my eyes, in fact now the condition was worse as both eyes were infected. My roommate was just boosting myself at every moment. Instead of this, there were many times thought came to my mind that this may lead to rejection but positive hope always works and the only thing that is required - is to have full belief on yours, it really works.

I rushed myself to bathroom, took bath and ready for the college. At every moment I was keep motivating myself. I kept my all the documents and certificates. I took the breakfast and left the hostel. Before catching the bus, I found myself at the specs shop right there behind the hostel. I bought a black goggles from there with no reason to choice for me.

Reached College and sat in a big hall where all my friends were already there. Everybody given me a hazy look and asked for this kind that they never expected as it was just 24 hrs before they had seen me normally.

A volunteer came in the hall and announced that any 6 students can go to have their interview. I was not ready at that moment and decided to go in next round. Unfortunately, the call for next was just after 15 mins, as already stated I left the hall for the 1st round of interview. Took a deep long breath all the way before reaching the interviewer door.
Plan your studies, like favorite subjects first and then other subjects. I prepared short notes on each subject. Just focused on basics of each subject. I went through following subjects C, C++, Core Java, PHP, DBMS, Mysql, MongoDB, HTML, CSS. PHP and DBMS were my favorite.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce Yourself?
  • Question 2: What are your extra-curricular Activities?
  • Question 3: Write a paragraph on
  • Question 4: How do you think you are a team worker?
  • Question 5: What kind of freelancer you are?
  • Question 6: Who are the team members in your freelancing? Name them?
  • Question 7: Where do you see yourself in next 5 years? Do you planned for further studies?
  • Question 8: Take a Scenario
  • Question 9: How you enjoy your working?
  • Question 10: What do you write when you have your free time?
  • Question 11: What was the time when you felt like achiever?
  • Question 12: Do you know about TCS bond agreement?
Lastly, result published at 9:30 PM, phone rang there was my best friend Amit at the screen. I picked up the call along with raised heart beat and heard the voice "party de diya bhai kal bas tu."

That was the moment, I sat calm for a minute, felt a kind of relief in my core of the heart from everything and forgot the past two days that were being so hectic and tough. I just said thanks to my parents, god, my teachers, my well-wishers.

The obvious reason for this happiness was because it was my life's first interview.

The things that I noticed for selection is - just seven things required to crack TCS interview:

1. Confidence (25%).

2. Smile (10%).

3. Keep in mind "they came there to select you not to reject". (5%).

4. English Communication (20%).

5. Little-bit Technical (20%).

6. General awareness (observe everything) (10%).

7. Your belief on yourself (10%).

Go through Basics of every Subject.

• Let us C by Yashwanth Kanetkar,
  • IBM DB2 certified,
  • IBM RTC certified,
80% thing are non-academic and in our whole life we spend money on building our 20% academic values.
TCS is giant IT company in ASIA. Looking for great opportunities in near future.

Infosys system engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for System Engineer role at Infosys
Test HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
  • Section 2: Reasoning
  • Section 3: Critical reasoning
Aptitude was generic in nature. One with normal practice can clear this. Reasoning: I did not spend time  going through passage Q&A because they takes nearly 20 min (2 passages-10 Qns) to read and to understand whereas total time was 30 min so I left them because all 30 questions carry 30 marks and I concentrated on remaining 20 Questions that dealt with correction of sentences and few on assertion & reasoning, synonyms’ , antonyms etc.Critical Reasoning: was the easiest one.

I gone through the All question quickly (in 30 sec)to search the area where i can score and do in less time.At the end, ahead of 5 min left i had nearly 10 questions left to ans , then started guessing them with rough idea (Nonegative marking).
Workout the previous papers and questions for Written exam practice them.Maintain the time management in the written exam and do remember no one can solve all the questions in time.
Mainly concentrated on the questions that are in simple in nature, to understand and those will consume less timeto solve

To say briefly everything revolved around my resume and some situational questions.Questions HR asked me included:1. What you will say about outside circumstances of agitations for Telangana?My ans: I Replied in two words simply as I was familiar with the NEWS
2. How did you secure such high percentages, what was your strategy in securing such high marks?(He went through my Resume , he pointed my percentages that are high (83, 94,78,8.76) so the Question)My ans: Sir, I basically got the interest about the Subjects in the classroom while listening to them and I went through the Text books at home. For exams, practice of previous papers and Mock tests. This was mystrategy in securing marks.
3. If you are a player, you have a game and an exam on same day and at same time , then how you will tackle thesituation ?My ans: Sir, I will take the Exam and I will give up the Game. Then HR Replied “Sports are also important”.I replied him ”Sir , if my track is towards sports then I might have taken such a decision during my class X to mould in that way but I did not. My track is education. To me, Sports are important as extracurricular activity for fitness of the health”
4. You are appointed as Parking area manager for an event in the campus , 500 cars coming then how you willmanage and your plan ?My ans: Sir, (1)I will search for the locality(area) where I can accommodate 500 cars that too very near to mainentrance so I can divert the vehicles traffic from main road of inside the campus.(2). With help of manpower, I will make necessary arrangements for parking like cleaning of the area etc(3). At the main entrance, I will intimate the same on a Big map i.e., location of Parking and directions for it.
5. If your project caught with some problem and where you’re the project manager . How will handle the situation(Not specified about the type of project)?My ans: (1). Sir , I will try to identify the problem where and how it occurred ? and I will try to rectify it with myteam efforts.(2)Even then if it was not done then I will intimate the same to my higher authority regarding it and I will ask themto provide outside agency to tackle that problem because for me continuation of the project and its target time are important.
6. Do you have any questions for me ?My ans: Sir, You look like a senior person in IT services …. I have 2 questions to ask ,1. Mr Obama, President of America used to compare USA with Bangalore of INDIA when ever speaking about ITservices that more talented and more jobs are taken away by the INDIANs.The above statement testifies the capability of INDIANs then My Question is why our IT firms are not taking step to Product development services even we that capability ?HR: Replied in his way.2. Mr Narayana Murthy, former CEO of Infosys , 2 days back said that IT revenues are going to triple in next decade to 1500 Billion Dollars where majority of the projects secured by BRIC countries (Brazil Russia India China).My Question is, what an INDIAN IT firm needs in order to secure more projects as demand is more in the nearfuture ?HR: Replied in his way.

HR Interview:Instances, where I felt that I impressed the HR:1. In shaking my hand (Confidence) in the beginning and wishing him with a smile in the end.2. During the interview he asked me same question(3 Qn in above list) nearly 3 times and I stood to the same ansconfidently.3. The questions that I asked him which are more generic in nature.4. The ans to the 5 Qn.All the interview went in smooth way and in friendly atmosphere.I felt happy.
Regarding Interview: They came here to take you in to the company but you need to satisfy them with yourcommunication skill and your gestures .If asked question is not related to you in terms of your educational background and where you don’t have much idea then complete it in few words don’t give much otherwise say simply No idea Sir.BEFORE THE INTERVIEW: Write on the Paper what you want to say when they ask you “Tell me about Yourself”. Make them in points in simple words. This is where you need to be strong since irrespective of the Companyand  Job Profile one question that is common is “Tell me about your self ”Don't feel tensed and nervous even if you don't answer all the Qns and be normal
Job is deserved So the Mock Interview should be Serious. Before to the day of Interview i asked my friend (who I felt was Good in Communication ) to take my interview. That went seriously  and "That helped me a lot"

SHRUTI SHAHFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at SIES GST Mumbai for SYSTEM ENGINEER role at TCS
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: TCS placement process consists of two phases - Written Round (Analytical+ Verbal Ability Test ) and Personal Interview.
Written round consists of Analytical Test and Verbal Ability Test. TCS has various criteria for skipping Analytical Test. If you are a geek ( in top five of a few stream like CSE/IT/ECE/EE/Mechanical ) then you will be allowed to skip the Analytical round. Also if you have at least 75% aggregate in 10th and 12th  and a minimum percentage marks in college ( This is set by TCS and varies from college to college, May be 8.5 pointer or 7.90 or as desired by TCS )   then you can skip analytical round. TCS is continuously changing its placement process so prepare for the worst and do not pretend that you can skip the analytical round even if you are a geek.If you are taking only verbal part then you will get ten minutes time and within this time frame you need to write an email based on the given scenario.
solve more n more questions to clear aptiude cz dats da first step. :)

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: why do u want to move into IT
  • Question 2: wat do u understand by the term Networking
  • Question 3: explain the concepts of a router
  • Question 4: what is subnetting
  • Question 5: what are protocols
  • Question 6: what are static & dynamic protocols
Personal Interview round consists of three phases i.e. T. R. + M. R.+H. R. .  So you will come across three person. If you are being interviewed by a panel of three person than you will have all the three interview in a single round. If you are being interview by only two persons than you will have to go through HR round only when you qualify the previous round. So this varies but you will have to go through all the three phases.
In technical round you will be asked simple conceptual questions. Never ever show how smart you are because interviewer is smarter than you. Keep calm and be confident. If you do not know answer of any question, simply say no and do not proceed with half answers or wrong answer because they will trap you in your own answer.  In this round you will be asked question mostly from your CV. If you are a CSE/IT guy then never ever rely only on your CV. It entirely depends on the interviewer mind. If they do not see your resume then you will be asked question from any topic related to CSE/IT branch. So the idea is to prepare well for the subject and topic you have mentioned in your CV and also keep sound knowledge of other CSE/IT subjects.  This is what happened in my P. I. . They reviewed my resume but not even a single technical questions they asked related to the subjects or topics mentioned in my resume. So guys/gals be prepared and have a basic knowledge of important CSE/IT subjects ( Data Structure, DBMS, C/C++, JAVA, Operating Systems,  Software Engineering etc.) .   They do not go in depth of any subject and ask only basic questions.
I do not remember all the questions they asked me, but a few are as above

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: why TCS
  • Question 2: why should i hire u
  • Question 3: wat do expect from us since u r a non IT candidate
  • Question 4: what are ur strengts & weaknesses
  • Question 5: any queries
This round lets you know about TCS terms and conditions. They can ask you questions related to your family and other non-technical stuffs. Basically they check your communication skills and presence of mind. Even if you do not know the answer of a non-technical question, give answer in support of that. Here they may also ask you questions related to pre-placement talk so do not miss that one. Also do R & D on TCS and grab information about TCS  ( like C. E. O., M. D., Founder etc. ). If you have qualified the T. R. and M. R. round then you are almost selected.
The most commonly asked questions in HR round are listed above. DO refer..
Be well prepared for the FAQz. so u can answer dem cnfidently

NA

• R S Agarwal,
  • let us C/c++,
  • NA,
  • ccna,
  • c programing ,
  • any networking related,
develop programming skills & logics
understand the basic math formulae. and also basic networking skills
NA

MADHURA DHOLEFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Terna Engineering College for SYSTEM ENGINEER role at TCS
Test Technical Interview Group Activity Behavioural Interview

• Section 1: Written Test (ANALYTICAL + VERBAL ABILITY TEST ).
Written round consists of Analytical Test and Verbal Ability Test. TCS has various criteria for skipping Analytical Test. If you are a geek ( in top five of a few stream like CSE/IT/ECE/EE/Mechanical ) then you will be allowed toskip the Analytical round. Also if you have at least 75% aggregate in 10th and 12th  and a minimum percentage marks in college ( This is set by TCS and varies from college to college, May be 8.5 pointer or 7.90 or as desired by TCS )   then you can skip analytical round. TCS is continuously changing its placement process so prepare for the worst and do not pretend that you can skip the analytical round even if you are a geek.If you are taking only verbal part then you will get ten minutes time and within this time frame you need to write an email based on the given scenario.
keep calm & carry on ..first  attend da questions wich u r 100% sure about. then think abt the rest paper.. be well prepared n confident before attempting the paper it wil definetly help u clear it wid flying colors.. all da best all

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: functions of basic electronic componenents like R L C
  • Question 2: diff betn passive & active components
  • Question 3: what is the function of a switch
  • Question 4: what is LAN MAN WAN PAN ETC
  • Question 5: what is the potential diffrence acc to u
  • Question 6: functon of the MODEM
clear all ur basic concepts .. cause that is goin to help cracking the interview. & also be confident but not over confident
refer seniors & also the web if u have small queries .. ambitionbox is there to help you.. solve as many apti papers possible

Group Activity

our topic was reality shows
be well prepared fo selective topics like politics, reality shows, tv-boon or curse.. use of cell phnz etcbe confident n well prepared for dis as well

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: tel mi abt urself
  • Question 2: ur hobbies
  • Question 3: why r ur academics not da mark
  • Question 4: why shud we hire you
  • Question 5: would u work in nyt shifts if needed
here they chek our confiddence n how do we react on there questions.. we shud maintain calm n a ssmall smile while answering every questions
be confident work on ur dressing n vocal abilities coz prsonallity matterswear a smile always

• Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning by RS AGARWAL,
  • Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma,
  • How to crack the IT interview,
  • interview techniques,
  • interview cracking related videos,
  • ccna,
  • basics of c, c++,
  • java,
  • .net etc ,
be confident about yourself. n also b well prepared
TCS is the largest software company of India. It is the most admired company of India. Being an employee of TCS is what many dream. And getting into TCS is quite easy also. All that you need is your desire and work towards it.
yet to join.. recently got placed :)

AVANTIKA KHANNAFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Thapar University, Patiala for System Engineer role at Infosys

• Section 1: Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking
  • Section 2: Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning
  • Section 3: Test of communicative English
Infosys came to our university for campus recruitment. It was a 2-day process.

From around 210 students who appeared for test, 145 were shortlisted for the interview process which will on the second day.
For some students, they were 2 rounds of interviews, technical & HR separately or mixture of both. For me, there was only one round, both technical and HR at the same time.
I was the first one to be called for the interview (alphabetical order). The interviewer was really nice and polite. The first question he asked was "Have you taken your breakfast? and Where are you coming from?".. These questions are basically asked to make you feel comfortable with the environment. As I was from a Biotechnology background, I was not expected to have good CS/IT knowledge. But I had, so this was an advantage. Following questions were asked: Introduce yourself (keep it brief & think before you speak as he will ask questions from it also), DBMS, RDBMS, write a c program for addition, why IT? , latest IT trends, Big Data, about my projects and related questions and what I learned from them.
(PS: He was actually interested in knowing about my projects being non-technical ones).
I answered all of them almost correctly.
Do read the following topics (IN BRIEF if you are not CS/IT student): DBMS, OOPS, SDLC, BIG DATA and Basic C.
Don’t worry if don’t know anything related to it. They will just check your basic knowledge in YOUR field and little IT and your communication skills.
The same day, list of final selects came and I was selected.

Be confident and have a smile on your face.
Be yourself, don't lie.
Have a good knowledge of all the projects and everything you have mentioned in your resume.

• Quantitative Aptitude By RS Agarwal,

Anudeep ChitiralaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Sathyabama for SYSTEM ENGINEER role at Infosys
Resume Shortlist Test

Resume is the most evident and important part that defines and show case who you are to the interviewer, So try to work on it and make a perfect one! I know perfection is the sky but friends sky is the limit ;)
Resume must be crisp and to the point, Interviewer is least bothered about your tons of unwanted things that you add , he expects the key points such as your strengths with respect to the technical aspects and experience or courses which you must have taken during your curriculum

Test is quite up to the standard and you must be good with the aptitude and reasoning skills to clear this round.
try not to make or select the choices that you don't know because negative marking is there.The main aim that must be kept is to secure the minimum cut off for selection.so answer wisely and just aim for the minimum cut off because that will do your work and more over no one asks or cares your mark that you get here in your further rounds.

be quick yet accurate

• rs aggarwal,
  • youtube.com,
most important advice I would like to give is be calm! looks like a silly advice for most of them but trust me that helped me a lot and be confident! these two are the key factors that scrutinize you in the interview process,be youself and at the same time politically correct and moderate for what ever they ask
believe me it has the best training experience one can ask for! just browse on the youtube about its training campus in mysore.Its mindblowing and jaw dropping! it has the reputation of the worlds largest professional training center and the product of the trainee which comes out of the training in work experience is Infosys is just a kick start in your career,you get to learn a lot for the nerd freaks and parallely enjoy a lot for the cool dudes! ;)
The one moment I never forget in my interview experience is the way I diverted my interviewer from not asking and diverting him from the questions which he posed on me for which I dint have the slightest  of knowledge upon. like I told you be confident on what you talk and the stand you take for, interviewer expects active participation from your side,it doesn't matter if you don't know few answers,unless you are confident and good in communication and can connect to the interviewer

Sayali PansareFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at PVPP COE Mumbai for System Engineer role at TCS
Test Technical Interview Other Interview

10 mins Minutes
1 hr questions
  • Section 1: Email Writing (10 mins to type one email)
  • Section 2: General Aptitude (60 mins to solve 30 questions)
Email Writing section :You will be given an outline of what email you have to write. Along with that there will be a list words related to that which you need to use while typing that email. Try to use all the words in the list given and try to write the sentences grammatically correct to increase your score in this section. It is mandatory that your email is of more dan 50 words.General Aptitude section :Consists of 30 questions which are of maths. (One or two might be of logics but no verbal questions)Main Topics: Time and work, Time and Distance, Profit and loss, Trains, Ages, Percentage, Interest.
Email Writing1)Practice writing emails on your PC in 10 mins.2)Before even reading the question type "Dear" and "Thanks and Regards" because whatever might be the topic of email, it is needed. This saves time.3)Count the words in the end.General Apptitude 1)Practice Hard2)Avoid guesing because it wil cost you negative marks.

There is no GD for TCS. It was a 25-30 mins of interview. The questions asked for me where : 1)Tell me about yourself2)Tell about your BE project (deep discusion)3)Are you interested in sports ?4)Tell me bout your hobbies5)Any questions ?The interviewers where really good and friendly. They are eager to listen whatever you say. So just speak up and go with the flow of conversation. Be yourself and be honest. They are clever enough so suppose you dont know any answer politely say that you dont know. Dont mess up by giving wrong answers. Wear a smile on your face.
1) Be confident is the main thing. Even if you dont answer any question doesnt matter. But being confident matters a lot.2) Studywell the basics of your branch. Not knowing the basics puts a very bad impression.3) Prepare any one core favorite subject of your branch.4)Study the project undertaken. You should know everything about your project.5) If you are a IT or comps student chances are that they ask you to write a program.6)Study your CV properly. Keep your CV short and simple. You should know whats the meaning of the career objective section of your CV.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: HR INTERVIEW
My HR interview was of 10 mins.The main question they stress in an HR interview of TCS is :"Are you willing to rellocate!?"next they just check your academic records if you fit into it according to their criteria.
Tcs is the only company which removes candidates even in HR round. But number of candidates they remove in the HR round is less. So dont worry !!Hope it helped ! ALL THE BEST :)

AVANTIKA KHANNAFresherSelected

• Section 1: Test-Section I/Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking
  • Section 2: Test-Section II/ Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning
  • Section 3: Test Section III/Test of communicative English
Infosys came to our university for campus recruitment. It was a 2-day process.
First day: There was a Pre-Placement talk followed by an online test. Unlike most of the Infosys placement tests, this was on a harder side. The questions were tricky and took time to solve, especially the verbal section but the advantage was that there was no negative marking so you can make your best guess. If you are from a good college/university, you can expect this kind of test.
The questions were from data interpretation, data sufficiency, syllogism (something like that), probability, permutations and combinations, word coding, time and distance, data arrangement, missing number series, Verbal: long comprehensions, fill in the banks, find the correct statement, find the inference. The verbal section was really difficult and time-consuming. so, better attempt comprehensions at the end.
Follow RS Aggarwal and websites like campus gate, ambition box are really good.

For some students, there were two rounds of interview, but I was interviewed only once, It was a mix technical-HR interview.
I was the first one to be interviewed (alphabetical order). The interviewer was really nice and polite. As I was from a Biotechnology background, I was not expected to have good CS/IT knowledge. But I had, so this was an advantage. The first question asked was: Have you taken your breakfast? I wasn't expecting this, actually it was just to make me feel comfortable.
Following questions were asked: Introduction, DBMS, RDBMS, write a c program for addition, why IT? , latest IT trends, Big Data, about my projects and related questions and what I learned from them (PS: He was actually interested in knowing about my projects being non-technical one). I answered all of them almost correctly.
Do read the following topics for the interview (IN BRIEF if you are not a CS/IT student): DBMS, OOPS, SDLC, BIG DATA and Basic C.
Don’t worry if don’t know anything related to it. They will just check your basic knowledge in your field and little IT and your communication skills.
The same day, list of final selects came and I was selected.
Be confident and have a smile on your face.
Be yourself, don't lie.

• Quantitative Aptitude By RS Agarwal,

TCS system engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for System Engineer role at TCS
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

All students with CGPA greater than 8.5 were shortlisted.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
  • Question 2: What is your purpose of doing engineering?
  • Question 3: What are the subjects you studied in your M.Tech? And asked about some in little detail.
  • Question 4: Questions related to FEA modeling and simulation.
  • Question 5: Explain your M.Tech project. And many questions related to that.
  • Question 6: Model a milling process.
  • Question 7: Model an upsetting(metal forming) operation. Explain the process parameters and how would you relate them.
  • Question 8: Do you know coding?
  • Question 9: Can you learn coding, if it is needed?
  • Question 10: This job may need you to work with data. Are you ok with that?
  • Question 11: You may be working on completely different projects as per completion of each project, are you ok with that?
  • Question 12: We work at the intersection of engineering and IT, so sometimes we might need to do programming and develop/improve algorithms. Are you ok with that?
The interview panel was a 3 member team. All were cool and friendly. I showed the desire to learn in the answers that I gave. They asked the overview of various subjects that I studied in my M.Tech (Manufacturing and Precision Engineering). I told the answers nicely. Then they went on to FEA and modelling and simulation which were the electives that I took. I was not able to answer many questions correctly and clearly. But few answers I ansered well. Then they went on to my project. I answered almost all questions related to it clearly and correctly. Then they asked me to model a milling process. I tried to do it, but I failed. But the interviewer went on to the next question. He asked me to model an upsetting process. I took lot of time to think and I modelled the problem successfully. He assisted me when I started to answer it well. They asked me to explain how the process will happen, how the process parameters can be found out, how they can be related and so on. I answered all well.
After that they began asking questions to know whether I would be a good fit for the job. I answered all questions well quoting examples from my life.
The interview lasted more than 1 hour.
Be confident about what ever you are saying. Be thorough regarding the subjects that you have preferred. Be cool and try to answer what the interviewer is expecting you to say.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why do you know about TCS?
  • Question 2: How was your technical interview? How do you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
  • Question 3: Do you have any questions for me?
Only one person was there in the panel. It's just a casual talk. Lasted just 15 minutes. I asked about the job profile and how my career would progress over time.
Do a background check on the company and the profile they are offering.

Visa system engineering interview

Abhishek AwasthiFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for System Engineering role at Visa
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview Other Interview

• Section 1: Coding Skills (2 questions)
  • Section 2: 40 MCQs on Programming Skills, Machine Learning, Networking, Operating System, Infrastructure, Application Security
Coding problems carry more weightage, but considering the number of MCQs they were equally important. I had solved both the coding problems correctly and attempted MCQs efficiently.
Don't get attached to a particular question. We need to create our own strategy to get maximum possible marks with in given time constraint.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions based on resume (e.g. skills and projects)
This was a kind of rapid round to find out reliability of my resume. Questions were based on skills and projects I had mentioned in the resume
Mention only those skills/projects on which you have command otherwise your resume may become your enemy rather than friend.

This round was all about to test my capabilities of thinking out of the box. Questions were based on scalability, to write code on paper for the given problem, some basic questions on networking.
While dealing with scalability based questions, never give up, try your best. The interviewer doesn't expect the exact answer because some of them are real world problems (most of the freshers don't have much idea about such problems), but you need to prove that you can think out of the box.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Personal Interview
This was the final round to assign the suitable profile based on the technical interviews.
Be confident and honest.
Be confident and never give up during the interview.
A big brand which is close to heart of people who rely on online transactions in daily life.