Structural Engineer

Structural Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

TCE structural engineering interview

, 4.1k views
Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Structural Engineering role at TCE
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

There was aptitude and tech test. Duration was around 1 hr. Tech was based on fundamental concepts in structural engineering. First shortlist was based on this.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Basic structural engineering questions were asked, including foundation design.
  • Question 2: Free body diagram
  • Question 3: Bending moments in structure
Criteria for getting shortlisted at each stage of the process was student shouldn’t have any backlogs throughout. Asked me to explain some methods of analysis in structural engineering.

Two rounds of interview. First tech, then followed by HR interview for those who were selected in tech round

They weren’t looking for any particular course or project. Short listing was purely based on the written test.In recruiting process projects do matter a lot. My suggestion is it is better to do 2 or 3 good projects apart from regular course projects. For companies that go through resume based short listing, projects are very important. Make use of summer and winter holidays for doing projects.

• Structural analysis and design books by prof. Devdas Menon.,
    They weren’t looking for any particular course or project. Short listing was purely based on the written test.And I think I got selected because I expressed my interest in structural engineering and convinced the <br />
    interviewer, even though my specialization was Infrastructural Engg. I showed all the courses I did in structural engineering and explained my DDP, which is also related to structural engineering.I targeted companies with structural engineering (core) profile. I didn’t do any separate preparation for placements. But, I was doing some courses in structural engineering that semester, so I was in touch with all the concepts.
    Applied to: SVINT Engineering Pvt Ltd, W.S.Atkins India Pvt Ltd, Arup India Pvt Ltd.SVINT isn’t a good company. In TCE, even though the package is less, standards are good. Arup focused only on HR interview (for an hour) and nothing technical.

MIDAS IT structural engineer interview

, 1.6k views
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus for Structural Engineer role at MIDAS IT
    Interview Interview

Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me someting about yourself?
    • Question 2: 3 Strengths and weaknesses
    • Question 3: Few things that you learnt from your family?
    • Question 4: Give examples from your life when you faced some hardships?5. Any plan for higher studies?
    • Question 5: Why join MIDAS?
    • Question 6: What do you expect from MIDAS?
    Was very confident and comfortable with the round.
    Be confident in your answer.

Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: 1. Difference Between Strength & Stiffness?
    • Question 2: 2. What is an Influence Line Diagram?
    • Question 3: 3. Draw an ILD for moment and shear at supports of a simply supported beam.
    As i was through with my subjects this round also went quite well.
    Brush your technical skills regularly.

• Communication skills
    • Technical skills
    Brush up regularly with your technical knowledge and bring out the best with your communication.

• CCNA Certification by REDHAT,
    Never be nervous,stay confidance,and always give the best in you.
    I am a self motivator and always dreamt about working for a best company and i made it.
    This is the alert