Software Engineer

Software Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Medlife.com software engineer interview

Sai KrishnaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Software Engineer role at Medlife.com
Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Insert a node in a Linked List, if a pointer to a node(it's not a head pointer) of Linked List is given.
  • Question 2: What is the Time Complexity of Binary Search and it's derivation.
  • Question 3: Write code for QuickSort.
  • Question 4: Write code for Fibonacci Series using Recursion, Iteration and Dynamic Programming.
First Question, at the start I was not able to answer and he gave me an hint(He asked me the insertion in an array). So, I got the idea for the insertion in Linked List and was able to answer it.
Remaining questions, I was able to answer confidently.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How to implement an operation with Stacks which will be similar to Queue.
  • Question 2: Write code for MergeSort
  • Question 3: 2 types of detective ball puzzles.
  • Question 4: 25 Horses, 5 Tracks, 3 Fastest Puzzle
  • Question 5: How the letters of a text are determined(Basically about OCR)
I was able to answer all the questions confidently, since I know the answers for them, But the last question was out of my scope and I explained based on my intuition and knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Write code for Insertion Sort and Selection Sort and find their time complexities and also the cases where their usage is efficient.
  • Question 2: Explain about Counting Sort.
  • Question 3: When we type a part of a word in chrome, how is it able to show all the types of words, which are consisted of that part.
I have given the answers for 1&2 questions with clear explanation. And the third question is again out of my scope and I explained this also based intuition.

• Logical Puzzles
  • Algorithms And DataStructures
Take your own time in answering a question and be clear over your answer before telling about the code that you have written.<br /> If you don't know an answer for some question, just keep telling him simple cases(which are valid), so that the interviewer will sometimes try to guide you through the solution.

Videos
  • Youtube.com/user/saurabhschool,
  • NOC:Programming,
  • Data Structures and Algorithms,

1. Primary Reason: Passionate about Programming and Problem solving.

2. The profile is software Engineer.

3. You can see your idea, having an impact on the society which is possible with this type of company.

4. And a good package.
Nothing Really...

Persistent Systems software engineer interview

Shreya UgaleFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at JNEC for Software Engineer role at Persistent Systems
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Multiple choice questions.
  • Section 2: Programming round.
  • Section 3: Essay writing.
In this section, you will find questions from all technical subjects like data structures,design and analysis of algorithms, software testing and quality assurance , computer networks, database management , C , C++ , C# and java. The difficulty level is moderate.
For this section you can study from indiabix.com
In the 2nd section, we have to write a program and also have to follow constraints mentioned in the problem statement. Programs are based on file handling, structure and union , string operations,etc.
In 3rd round, you have to write an essay of about 10 lines. Essay topics are general issues like I had 'Traffic issues in India'.
Stick to your basics.
All the concepts should be clear.
Programs should be syntactically correct. Try to mention comments and also display output as expected. It adds up to your representation even if your logic goes wrong. :)
For essay writing round, there should be no grammatical mistakes.
Time management is very important.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yoruself.
  • Question 2: Tell me about your projects.
  • Question 3: Area of interest.
  • Question 4: What are features of C++?
  • Question 5: What is Big Data?
  • Question 6: Write a program for reversing a string without using string function.
  • Question 7: What is your role in final year project?
  • Question 8: What are keys in database and why do we use them?
  • Question 9: What are issues in cloud?
  • Question 10: Brief introduction of your project and algorithms used in project.
  • Question 11: Flow diagram of final year project.
  • Question 12: Why do we normalise our database?
My first technical round really went well. So I was qualified for Hr round.
But some candidates had to appear for 2 technical interviews.
Stay confident about your answers and also mention area of interest in your resume and go through your resume before going to interview. 60% of technical interview is on projects. They are really interested in ideas used in your projects. Explain all the projects in detail like which front end and back end used.
Every round is an elimination round. So give your best and stay confident.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
  • Question 2: Tell me your 5 qualities so that i should hire you
  • Question 3: Do you have any engineering background.
  • Question 4: How was your day?
  • Question 5: Do you have relatives in Pune? or what about your accomodation?
  • Question 6: Do you know about My Passion Challenge test?
  • Question 7: Any higher studies plan?
Hr round is also elimination round. And you should have good communication skills.
There is always backfiring so you have to be attentive and confident.
Always try to reply in a positive way.
You should read about the history of company and also the domains on which they are working and their recent projects.

• Verbal Communication Skills

Samsung Electronics India Software Operations software engineer interview

Shubham SrivastavaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Raipur for Software Engineer role at Samsung Electronics India Software Operations

3 hours Minutes
  • Section 1: Programming question
Written round: One programming question of 3 hours duration.All test cases were to passed.

Interview Questions

There were two rounds : tech PI and HR round.
    A.Tech. PI: Firstly,interviewer went through my whole resume.He started asking questions from project done during summer internship.Questions were:
    1.What is he project about?
    2.Difference between 3G and 4G.
    3.What is the aim of this research internship?
    4.How much was i able to complete in two months?(I told that i am continuing as major project,since in two months time i could not get desired result).

Then, he went onto programming language i was comfortable. I answered C.
    1.sizeof("shubham")
    strlen("shubham")
    I was asked to write output.Output would be 8 and 7. He asked why. Basic concepts should be clear.
    2.Storage Classes in C-asked me concept and gave some questions to write output.
    3.Constant pointers and pointers to constant. Asked to write output of snippets he gave.
    4.malloc,caloc,realloc,free-syntax
    5.Questions on pointers.

Basic concepts of let us C were asked mostly,that book is enough . Also see, GEEKSFORGEEKS, C section.

Operating System: Mutex and Semaphore,critical Section, Scheduling algorithms, Producer-Consumer Problem.
    (Data Structures was not asked to me but others.)

Puzzles:
    1. Maximum run a batsman can make in 50 overs.
    2.There are 10 coins. 5 face head side and 5 as tail. You are blind folded.Make two piles of equal number of coins such that number of head in equal in both the piles.
    Assumption:You can flip coin any number of times.

Question: Why do you want to join Samsung ,though placed in other company?

Questions: Any plans of future studies. I answered 'NO' only job.

Last question: Any question I would like to ask them. I asked what work would be doing in R&D. He explained me a lot of things.
    1.Be thorough with your project(done during internship or training) . You should be able to answer almost all the questions.
    2.Study operating system very well if you plan to sit in samsung R&D.
    3.Data structures and any one programming language.
    4.Prepare puzzles as it can be asked by anyone. See programmerinterview.com etc.
    5.Refer samsung archives of GEEKSFORGEEKS . Interview questions were mostly covering those.

1.Introduce yourself.
      2.How would your friends describe you?
      3.Tell the recent experiences of which makes you initiative.(i told that i am initiative,then he asked that question. So be ready with the examples,when u say any of your qualities.)
      4.What is your weakness?
      5.Puzzles.He asked me to fill the numbers from 1 to 8 in these 8 boxes, one number exactly once, such that no two consecutive elements are
      adjacent(diagonally, horizontally or vertically) to each other.

6.Which places in India have you been?

• Solving Logic Puzzles
      • Basic C/C++
      • Data Structures

• Let Us C : Yashwant Kanetkar,
      • Galvin For Operating Systems,

Verizon Data Services software engineer interview

Ayush KalaniFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at SRM University for Software Engineer role at Verizon Data Services
      Test Group Discussion HR Interview Puzzle Interview Technical Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude Test
      Aptitude test was taken on aspiring minds and name of the test series was AMCAT.600 students gave the exam and 90 were selected for the GD.
      There were four sections and each section had a minimum number of questions to be attempted and there was no negative marking.Navigation among questions and sections were not allowed so use you time and mind carefully.
      Section 1 - Quants
      Section 2 - Verbal Ability and Critical Reasoning
      Section 3 - Logical Reasoning
      Section 4 - Programming and Computer Science
      Speed is the key.key. Quants are easier they test only the speed of the candidate.I think the programming section has the max weight age so try to focus on that section and try to score maximum marks in that section. Programming questions were tough and there were questions from a wide range of subjects Networking , Algorithms ,Data Structures , Java, C/C++, Operating Systems,Advanced Databases etc.

How technology is changing our lives ?
      Group discussion was very ordinary and easy to crack if you have the right content and suitable examples and clear and crisp communication skills.I took the against side of the issue which only 2 out of 10 members did and I was very bold and effective with my statements and defended my stance effectively.
      Give examples,Be bold and clear and crisp .

Interview Questions
        My HR interview started at around 11pm in the night so it was very chilled out.He asked me about what excites me , why verizon , what projects I have done and what role I've played it them.He asked about my college life ? What do we study ? Why do you want to work for a MNC rather then a startup? and many more general questions which I don't remember because my interview was very chilled out. I was having fun.I asked him a lot of questions about job profile and company and many of their products so he was impressed with me.
        Please do a detailed survey of the work that the company does and have knowledge about the sector and SDLC.

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Solve a magic cube
        I was given a 3*3 and 5*5 magic cube to solve.I tried a lot of times and it took nearly 15-20 minutes to solve both the questions correctly.He asked my approach I said politely Hit and Trial and then he said to me there's a shortcut and he told me a very nice and quick trick to solve the magic cube.

Interview Questions
          Basic programming questions were asked about patterns, strings and some algorithms like quick sort and merge sort.
          Major tough and difficult questions were asked on databases and advanced databases in oracle.He asked many questions about the projects that I've done.In depth questions regarding projects were asked.He asked questions about various things used in web application and may question regarding MySql and Tables and JOINS.
          Keep your calm even if you don't know any answer. I couldn't answer to one question of databases which carried our discussion on that questions for around 10 mins but still I couldn't answer the question and in the end I asked just out of curiosity that I want to know the answer to the question and he explained me the concept perfectly.

• Programming
          • Databases
          • Communication Skills
          • Software Development Life Cycle

Mindtree software interview

Ravi Tej KattulaFresherSelected
          Application
          I was interviewed on-campus at Andhra University College of Engineering for software role at Mindtree

There are three rounds in Mindtree:

Online test
          Technical Round
          HR Round
          1. Online Written Test:

The online test pattern and syllabus for aptitude exam for Mindtree is almost similar to AMCAT. Please refer this link: AMCAT Syllabus, Question Paper and Exam Pattern

There will be three sections in this round

English: The verbal sections consist of topics like: find grammatical errors, synonyms and antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Jumbled Sentences and also correction of sentences.

Quantitative Aptitude: The topics covered in this section are Average, Time and Work, Simplification, Probability, Profit and Loss, Permutations and Combinations, LCM & HCF, Percentage etc.

Logical reasoning: Coding and Decoding, Seating Arrangements, Blood Relations and Puzzles

Note: For Quantitative Aptitude, R.S. Agarwal book is more than enough.

The English and aptitude sections contain 25 questions(25 min.) each and logical reasoning contains 24 questions and 35 minutes.

Note 1: If you shortlisted based on your eLitmus or AMCAT score, then you do not have to write the aptitude test. There will be only two rounds of interview: Programming and Technical(cum HR) round.

If you are writing AMCAT test, try to remember this point:

There is no option to skip questions.
          You cannot go back to previous question.
          There is No negative marking.
          Note 2: Sometime, Mindtree may conduct programming test as well. The questions asked in this test are C programming and algorithms.

Programming Test:

In Programming test, you need to write two program depending upon the logic and the duration of this round will be around 30-45 minutes.

The topics covered in programming test round are: C programming, OOPS concepts, Data Structures, Complexity Analysis etc.

The previous questions asked in this round are:

Find whether the array is palindrome or not
          Input 5 numbers in an array and find the Pythagorean triplets in them and print it.
          After writing the program, you need to compile and run it successfully.

Note: This is not elimination round, but this round performance matter most in the Technical round.

2. Technical Round:

In this Technical round (from Mindtree perspective), they will mostly asked questions from C Programming language for freshers. So, you should brush up your basics in C language concepts.

Other than C programming, they can asked some basics questions from Java, Database Management System(DBMS), Computer Network and OOPS topics. You should be well prepared with one of the core subject from your academics.

Some of the Technical Questions asked are:

What are pointers in C?
          Which is your favorite subject in engineering and why?
          Basic questions from Data Structure and Algorithm?
          Note: If you have written programming test, the interviewer will have your snippets of codes and be ready to explain and answer question for it.

3. HR Round:

HR round is very easy if you have good command over English language. The interviewer just checks yours communications skills and confidences. Sometimes, they may even asked technical and logical questions to check your logical skills.

The HR will try to may you nervous (so that you can loose your confidants), so be prepared & have a good smile and never get trapped into that situation.

The most common HR questions will be:

Tell Something about Yourself ( or apart from your resume).
          Why do you want to join Mindtree though there are many companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro etc.
          Why should Mindtree recruit you (or I hire you).
          If you will not be given offer letter, then how you will feel?
          What are you strength and Weakness?
          How is your favorite person (sportsmen, film star or politician) and why you like him?
          Who is your role model and why?
          Tip: If HR asks questions like relocation, shift, you should agree to all his conditions for better chances of getting selected.

Aricent software engineer interview

Application
          I was interviewed on-campus at BIT Mesra for SOFTWARE ENGINEER role at Aricent
          Test Technical Interview Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: Round 1: aptitude test consisted of 4 sections: 1. Aptitude section 2. Logical reasoning section 3. C & DS section 4. English section
          Section 1:
          No. of questions = 20
          Time allotted = 30 mins
          Books that can b followed for the same: Quantitaive aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal
          LOD 1 of quant by Arun Sharma
          Synonyms , antonyms, passage
          Passage were bit lengthySection 3 : c & DS
          No. of questions =20
          Time allotted=25 mins
          Theoretical questions on DS.
          Output of a program & questions on functions were in plenty.
          Time complexity of searching & sorting process had been asked.
          Tip: Basics of C & DS should be clear . This section may appear tough for non-CS /IT students but it was actually of medium difficulty level.

Interview Questions
            Round 2: Technical InterviewQ: Which branch ?
            A: EEE
            Q: Tell me which subject are u efficient in from C, C++ & Ds
            A: C & DS
            Q: Which part of C are u well versed with?
            A: Basics of C till functions. Though i also do have a superficial idea on structure & class, but i get confused while using them in any program.
            Q: Write the program to find out the factorial of any no.
            A: I wrote down the complete program .
            Q: Also include the factorial of zero in d program.
            A: Wrote down the program after bringing the required changes.The interviewer then asks for some other transformation in the program.& I wrote down the new code as per his requirements .He then asks few questions on DS. Those were basically theoretical questions like the fastest sorting technique, searching process, trees , weighted graphs.Q: What are ur fav subjects of ur branch???
            A : Power systems
            Q: What are the various components of power system along with there functions.
            A: I answer this question & briefly describe eth e various functions.This follows some more questions on power system & transformers.Q: Tell me something about your project that u r currently working on
            Q: Tell me about the training that u ve done in NALCO.After this the interviewer asks me to ask any query that I have.
            I asked him about the job prospectus & the working environment of the company . then finally i asked why no one from EEE has been selected in the company for the last 5 years of its placement process.His replied positively to the job prospectus & working environment & to the EEE specific query he just said ,” let’s c what happens this year”.

GD Round :
            We were divided into a group of 10 students. In the GD room , the hr told us to select any 3 topic of our choice(3 topics to be chosen by the entire group)The topics chosen by us were:
            - Freedom to press & media in our country
            - Reality shows
            - Traffic condition in IndiaThe HR again said to select any 1 of the topic. We choose the 1st topic to discuss on.
            In the end the HR asked some specific group members to conclude & then she gave her feedback on each of the members & on the discussion on a whole

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: tell an incident were u ve gone out of ur ways to help one of ur friend.
            • Question 2: describe a situation were u ve proved ur mettle as a team worker
            HR interview:We were given a form to fill up in which we were asked to describe some real life incidents . i am hereby giving examples of the type of questions mentioned above& 8 more such type of questions.She asked me if i had any problem with the bond . to which i replied in negation. A few questions on hobbies were also asked.Mind set after the HR interview: no expectation of getting selected. Was actually mentally prepared to appear in the next company. All the students who had appeared in both HR & Technical interview were asked to assemble in the T&P cell . The results were declared by announcing the names one by one. The best part was the cake cutting ceremony .
            Total no. of students selected from our campus = 23

Target Corporation software engineer interview

Saketh Ram Reddy MFresherSelected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Software Engineer role at Target Corporation
              Resume Shortlist Test Interview Interview Interview

I alotted around 3-4 days for Resume Preparation. This is very important step,especially for companies with Consultancy profile. I referred to some of my seniors resumes to get to know the format and the grammar used,especially framing of sentences.
              Once your resume is prepared, don't forget to collect feedback about it from your seniors and even from some of your wing mates. Also, get to know about difference between resumes for core and non-core profiles

• Section 1: Aptitude
              • Section 2: Programming
              • Section 3: Coding
              First Section was simple aptitude(20 Question),were very simple.Second Section was Programming(10 questions), were bit questions related to theory. Don't remember properly but few questions related to Binary tree were asked I guessThird section was Coding(1 question),it was simple. Question-Code a program which gives output as '1' when the number given as input can be expressed as "p^q"(where p,q are integers) and as '0' if otherwise.
              Just,general CAT preparation is enough for aptitude.Regarding Coding, even knowing any 1 language is enough. Just practice few basic coding questions online and even sorting algorithms

Interview

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: Why do you want to come to Software profile when you studied Chemical Engineering?
              • Question 2: Future Plans?
              • Question 3: Weaknesses?
              • Question 4: Name a situation where you planned something but due to some other problems you have to adjust in the end?
              • Question 5: Name a situation where you had to change your behaviour according to situation?
              • Question 6: Name a situation where you had to deal with 2-3 different groups?
              • Question 7: Name a situation where you were part of group and made difference?
              • Question 8: Name a situation where you took an initiative?
              • Question 9: Give an experience of working as part of a team?
              • Question 10: Name situation where you had to prepare for a speech for a special group of people?
              The HR interview was not easy, some of the questions were really unexpected. Such type of HR questions were not asked in any of previous HR interviews(of other companies) I attended to.
              For most of the questions asked above, you can find answers from your P.O.R's(Position of Responsibilities) which you have done.Take HR round seriously and prepare for it before placements start(avoid last minute preparation).

Interview

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: Focussed more about my 3rd year intern where I developed an application using VBA for STP.
              • Question 2: Questions about Android and e-commerce
              • Question 3: Then asked about my football interests(I said to him I am football blogger), so asked me to explain few articles which I wrote
              This was very comfortable, I connected very well with interviewer,especially when we were discussing about footbal as he was also a football enthusiast. I also prepared few things related to e-commerce which helped
              Prepare and get to know about e-commerce field, general problems faced in it these days

Interview

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: All about my resume, my BTP.
              Was easy
              Just prepare properly about everything written in resume,mainly 3rd year intern and BTP or any other projects

Just follow all the tips mentioned earlier,avoid last minute preparation, prepare well in advance. Don't lose hope or get depressed during placement period if you fail in your initial few interviews
                Wanted to work in a coding or analytics profile

Cognizant software engineer interview

Jinal ShahFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at St. Thomas' College Of Engineering & Technology for Software Engineer role at Cognizant

55 mins Minutes
                • Section 1: quantitative aptitude
                • Section 2: logical reasoning
                • Section 3: verbal
                On 1st September 2016, Cognizant held this round at our college. We were initially told that it would be an adaptive paper but it was not so. We could not navigate between questions (both intra and inter section). There was a minimum number of questions which had to be attempted from each section else we would disqualify. The questions were easy and I found many questions common from AMCAT papers.
                Practice as much as you can. Try to learn shortcut tricks to solve the questions quickly and easily. Try to solve questions within certain time limit. Give online tests so that you are familiar with giving tests on machine. Do not waste time in a particular question. If you can't solve it then leave it( if there is negative marking) or answer randomly( if there is no negative marking).

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: tell me something about yourself.
                • Question 2: what are your hobbies?
                • Question 3: why cognizant over other companies?
                • Question 4: why engineering?
                • Question 5: do you have any problem in relocation?
                • Question 6: draw pin diagram of 8085 microprocessor.
                • Question 7: difference between 8085 and 8086 microprocessor.
                • Question 8: what is opamp?
                • Question 9: what are different phases of waterfall model?
                • Question 10: types of testing.
                • Question 11: practical question related to normalization and its theory.
                The interviewer asked me to introduce myself. I was nervous and so i fumbled in 2 or 3 sentences but then i took the pace. he chit chatted with me to release my pressure . he went through my resume and my marksheets. he asked a few HR questions and then started the technical interview. He asked me questions regarding microprocessors and electronics but I had prepared software subjects I being a CS student could not remember most of it. But I sill answered them with best of my knowledge. i told him that I would rather be comfortable with CS core subjects. then he shifted his focus to DBMS and Software Engineering I did not lose my calm although I was very nervous. I thought I would be rejected but finally I got selected.
                Don't be nervous as most of the interviewers are really friendly and they give ample chances to prove yourself. Try to practice the your introduction. They may ask your questions that are not from your domain but try to answer them with your presence of mind and previous knowledge. you may be nervous but don't show that on your face. Try to have basic concepts of your core subjects.

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: what extra curricular activities you are interested in?
                • Question 2: what is your goal in life?
                • Question 3: do you have any problem in relocation?
                • Question 4: reasons why you want to and why you don't want to relocate?
                • Question 5: what do you watch i\on tv?
                • Question 6: which movie did you last see"
                It is the best round. You can voice your own views. The interviewers are mostly friendly and you seem to have a discussion with your friends.
                If you manage to appear for this round most probably you will be selected.
                Just be simple and be frank. Answer to the point and do not sound arrogant.

• software engineering
                • Basic Electronics
                • Basic Knowledge Of DBMS
                Try to clear the aptitude and half of your job is done. For technical interview try to learn the basics of c,OOPS,DBMS. Try to know about the company .<br /> Be calm .<br /> All the best..!!

• General Aptitude By R S Aggarwal,

Aricent software engineer interview

Dhruv Narayan SinghFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at University Institute of Engineering &amp; Technology, Kurukshetra for SOFTWARE ENGINEER role at Aricent
                Technical Interview HR Interview

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: What is difference between C and C++?
                • Question 2: What is difference between array and linked list?
                • Question 3: What is data abstraction and explain with code?
                • Question 4: What is TCP/IP,OSI model?
                • Question 5: What is program counter?
                • Question 6: WAP to reverse string?
                • Question 7: WAP for recursion and explain its working?
                • Question 8: What is microprocessor and explain register names?
                • Question 9: Explain SQL commands?
                • Question 10: Write a SQL query to join two tables?
                • Question 11: Explain pointers and heap ?
                • Question 12: Explain whole process for Example.c file to Example.exe conversion.
                • Question 13: What have you done on real implementation on linux OS?
                • Question 14: Some questions on DBMS.
                The interview process last for around 30-40 minutes and it was elimination round.This round decide your placement.First of all interviewer ask about the language comfortable with,then lots of questions regarding C/C++ basics.After that he asks lot of questions about Pointers,Operating system,Data structure and Algorithms,GNU/Linux,SQL,Computer networks and everything mentioned on resume and good knowledge on Recursion(only few knows behind the scene of memory stack of recursion concept).Ask about GNU/LINUX and what i had done with OS with practical work.When he ask about DBMS i told him that i don't know theory and i am comfortable with SQL.
                Be calm throughout the interview ,brush up C/C++ basics,pointer(he almost asked whole pointer concept and heap),data structure.Revise TCP/IP and OSI model with protocols.Always be cool and for programming questions always ask every points to write about programming question.

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Please introduce youself.
                HR round was just formality very less candidates are eliminated.HR was very nice guy.He ask me about projects i had done and other questions are related to job location,relocation and bond.Always say truth.When i was asked about why you are not placed yet i honestly told that most of the times i was rejected.
                Always be cool  while answering.

• C
                • C++
                • Data Structure
                • SQL
                • Computer networks
                • GNU/LINUX
                • Algorithm
                Be proficient in at least one programming language

• let us C by yashwant kanetkar,
                • Data structure using C by yashwant kanetkar,
                Videos
                • www.mycodeschool.com/,
                Always be cool and don't be nervous.Be confident while answering.
                I had faced many rejection and i advice to my juniors stay focused on competitive programming.Do not lose hope because your core technical knowledge decide your fate.Do not cram the topics.Learn programming on MyCodeSchool,hackerank,TopCoder.
                When interviewer asked about penetration testing which i mentioned on resume then i told him whole process of cracking  his Wi-Fi to get free access to the internet and when asked about can i switch to other domain inspite of software engineering than he told me with smiling face the world is dynamic(i think i explained so well the concept of pointer and heap).

ServiceNow software engineer interview

Pratik SahooFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Software Engineer role at ServiceNow
                Test Interview Interview Interview

• Section 1: Multiple Choice Questions
                All Computer Science Topics Covered: Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Systems, C, C++, Operating Systems, Computer Architectures, Databases, SQL, Basic Quantitative Aptitude
                Solve all of them. Cut off's generally go high.

Interview

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: AVL tree balance checking.
                • Question 2: Median of 2 sorted arrays in O(log N) time complexity and O(1) space complexity.
                • Question 3: Strings Anagram in O(1) space complexity.
                • Question 4: Level order traversal of a tree using Queue.
                • Question 5: Reverse level order traversal of a tree using Queue.
                • Question 6: BFS and DFS Difference.
                • Question 7: OS Concepts – Starvation, Demand Paging, Virtual Memory, Deadlocks.
                • Question 8: Parenthesis Balance Checking.
                • Question 9: Three Jars - 1 with apples, 1 with oranges, 1 with apples and oranges. All of them wrongly labelled. Find min no of attempts to find the correct nature of boxes.
                • Question 10: Machine Learning Concepts - Based on my projects
                Nice Experience. Interviewer was friendly. He wanted exact solutions.
                Be thorough with everything and your projects.

Interview

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Find product of each element of an array except that element in O(N) time complexity without using / operation.
                • Question 2: Recursively deleting linked list.
                • Question 3: Recursively deleting linked list from end.
                • Question 4: Recursively deleting tree.
                • Question 5: Recursively deleting from end.
                • Question 6: Difference between Floyd Warshall and Djikstra.
                • Question 7: Shortest path between 2 points in 2-D space in O(log N) time.
                • Question 8: Machine Learning Concepts - Based on my projects
                Nice Experience. Interviewer was friendly. He wanted exact solutions.
                Be thorough with everything and your projects.

Interview

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Design a system for putting newspapers using classes and functions taking different aspects into account.
                • Question 2: SQL commands.
                • Question 3: Career Prospects - Long Term Plans.
                • Question 4: Why not higher studies?
                • Question 5: Machine Learning Concepts - Based on my projects
                Nice Experience. Interviewer was friendly.
                Do not fake yourself.

• Algorithms by Cormen,
                • Data Structures and Algorithms by Karumanchi,
                • C & C++ by Balaguruswamy,
                • Operating Systems by Galvin and Silberstaz,
                Be thorough with all CS related concepts and projects.
                Kind of application oriented work and the rising nature of the company. Obviously money also.
                Many funny questions and answers like did you have lunch, when did you last eat, etc