TCS software developer interview
I was interviewed on-campus at Terna Engineering College for SOFTWARE DEVELOPER role at TCS
Test Technical Interview
No. of Questions
- Section 1: TCS placement process consists of two phases - Written Round (Analytical+ Verbal Ability Test ) and Personal Interview.(TECHNICAL+HR INTERVIEW)
If you are taking examination of both analytical and verbal part then you will get 10 minutes for verbal part first and then 80 minutes for analytical part. Even if you solve verbal part in less than 10 minutes the remaining time will not be added to your analytical part. Analytical part consists of 30 questions need to be solved within 80 minutes. You can easily navigate the question and exam environment is same as in TCS Open See Same. You will have an on screen calculator. You can also carry a calculator in examination hall. My suggestion is to carry your own calculator because on screen calculator will only waste your time.
You can refer Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma : This is the book for a CAT aspirants. Believe me if you solve LOD 1 and LOD 2, you can easily crack the analytical round. This is the sole book I used while preparing for TCS. Here you will get each concept explained beautifully. Read all the theory and solve example problems also. Do not rely on Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. AGARWAL
- Question 1: The technical round was followed by HR interview to save time.
- Question 2: what is multithreading
- Question 3: how is multithreading implemented in JAVA
- Question 4: Does Java support multiple Inheritance? If not then how an interface inherits two interfaces? Explain?
- Question 5: difference between DO-WHILE & WHILE Loop
- Question 6: rate urself on 1-10 scale
- Question 7: how wil you dispaly data of two tables? explain?
- Question 8: why should i hire you
- Question 9: why TCS
I do not remember all the questions they asked me, but a few are as above. i hope it helps :)
In technical round you will be asked simple conceptual questions. Never ever show how smart you are because interviewer is smarter than you. Keep calm and be confident. If you do not know answer of any question, simply say no and do not proceed with half answers or wrong answer because they will trap you in your own answer. In this round you will be asked question mostly from your CV. If you are a CSE/IT guy then never ever rely only on your CV. It entirely depends on the interviewer mind. If they do not see your resume then you will be asked question from any topic related to CSE/IT branch. So the idea is to prepare well for the subject and topic you have mentioned in your CV and also keep sound knowledge of other CSE/IT subjects. This is what happened in my P. I. . They reviewed my resume but not even a single technical questions they asked related to the subjects or topics mentioned in my resume. So guys/gals be prepared and have a basic knowledge of important CSE/IT subjects ( Data Structure, DBMS, C/C++, JAVA, Operating Systems, Software Engineering etc.) . They do not go in depth of any subject and ask only basic questions.
- C programming basics
- OS basics
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma,
- 4. Verbal and non-verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal,
- cracking the IT interview,
- Basic interviewing skills related,
Keep trying ! :)
Motivation for applying
TCS is the largest software company of India. It is the most admired company of India. Being an employee of TCS is what many dream. And getting into TCS is quite easy also. All that you need is your desire and work towards it.
Yet to happen
Read Full post...