Software Analyst

Software Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Credit Suisse software analyst interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Software Analyst role at Credit Suisse
PRE- placement Test Technical Interview

PRE- placement

1. The company collects resume from the placement department a few weeks before they come here and shortlist people on the basis of their resume and the projects that they have done.
2. Sometimes the cut-off at the time of test may be higher than the cut-offs of the people short-listed on the basis of resume.

• Section 1: ONLINE TEST
They conducted a written-test consisting of logical aptitude, quantitative aptitude and the concepts of data structures and algorithms. There was a bonus questions for ten marks on application of OS concepts.

Interview Questions
    Technical interview consisted of problems on data structures and algorithms, Operating systems and Databases and whatever projects that have been mentioned in the resume.
    Around 70 were shortlisted for written test from which the number came down to 22 for interviews and finally three of us got the offer with elimination at each stage of interviews.

1. I had done MIT algorithms lectures at the end of my second year and those lectures were very useful at all the stages of my B.Tech. Apart from that I referred “Coding Interview Questions book by Narsimha Karumanchi” for quick revision of OS and DBMS concepts.<br /> 2. The coursera video lectures of Algorithms (part I and II from stanford), Computer Networks and of Databases are equally good and very useful in general for all companies.<br /> 3. For apti preparation I didn’t feel any need of extra preparation.<br /> 4. C-Apti questions are very important as well as coding skills being good in which will get you many early chances of being interviewed and getting a job.<br /> 5. I had looked into puzzles by Shakuntala Devi and the Brain Teasers on careercup.com.<br /> <br /> For me on that day I had five back to back interviews on the D-day of which two were for Futures First and three were for Credit Suisse and the experience was more than rewarding at the end. I started getting call for Futures First interview when I was writing my Credit Suisse written paper and I didn’t know how the day is going to be for me. But believe me when they announce your name in the Rooms of Placement Department, which is the best feeling you can get when someone calls your name.<br />
    Placement season teaches you lot of things and many life-time experiences and the key thing during placement season is to have patience and wait for your chance. You will get what you is right for you when the right time comes so don’t lose hopes and be consistent. Luck is a big factor in placements and you will definitely have your day.

1. Prepare your resume well for each and every of the points you put there and give more than enough time in writing your resume. The presentation of your resume is equally important as the contents of the resume.

2. Attend the pre-placement talk sincerely for the companies you are interested in and ask questions in during that. It shows you are interested in the company and may help in later stages of your interviews.

3. Your dressing sense in during the PPTs is also noted by the company HR’s.

4. Knowing implementation of what you know is very important as most companies look for implementation and the most important thing during any interview will be your “Approach” towards the question asked as that’s where they judge you.

For CS

1. Be thorough with the concepts which you know and accept readily if you don’t know which is better than them telling you the same.

2. Be honest and know properly whatever you have written in your resume.

3. The HR person who comes for recruitment every year is very experienced person and he keeps a close watch on candidates even outside the interview rooms on the D-Day. Be aware for the same.

Primavera Systems software analyst interview

Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Jaipur for software analyst role at Primavera Systems
    Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: Objective (Technical + Aptitude), Common for all Oracle Banches
    • Section 2: Brain storming - Puzzled Questions
    • Section 3: Technical - Short and simple Coding test
    For written tests, they should have more technical knowledge about their fields.
    Moreover a regular aptitude test should be their approach.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Summer training
    • Question 2: Projects Undertaken
    • Question 3: Extra curricular activities
    1st: Technical + HR
    2nd: HR round
     Summer training presented me versatile. My internship was not on a subject I am specialized and interested in, but I had no other option, so I completed my task with proper interest and knowledge that helped me to say "Whatever the task might me, I am up for the challenge and to lead it." My projects and internship which I did genuinely, put me in a situation to speak fluently about them, helped me 100%. For me, extra curricular activities helped. Firms don't just want geeks and those with stress issues. They need lively people who can enjoy and manage their work along with their personal issues.
    It was rather a short and fun experience of just 25 minutes.
    I was straight forward about my dreams, my personality and my technical aspects.
    I was not prepared to join the company, and I mentioned it.
    I confined my interview to the topics I knew and I did my internship on.
    A single puzzling technical question of coding and algorithm was asked with multiple stages in it. It was a new one for me, so I started thinking and explaining whatever approach I am taking. I was exploring the problem and that brought them to notice me.
    Though the puzzle was not solved completely, but I was trying and subsequently reaching to a conclusion of whatever I was doing.
    For Technical Interviews,they should try hold the talks to themselves. Like I tried to confine my interview to my Internship subject and whatever I knew. For HR, you should be bold enough to present positive aspects of yours, while duly mentioning that you have weaknesses which you know how to manage.

• Communication Skills
    • Learning capacity
    • Dynamicity
    Just keep going with your “never give up” quality and have confidence in yourself well. Even if you do not hold a technical expertise, but you're a learner...then you can surely get into it.Just be yourself, don't try to fake it with things you don't know, but improve your thoughts about job and work. Feeling pressurized might pose you as an unfit candidate for high risk and high quality jobs.

Intergraph software analyst interview

Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Warangal for Software Analyst role at Intergraph
    Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: APTITUDE TEST
    Most of the questions were on heights and distances, time and work, time and distance. It was an easy test.There was no negative marking and the test was objective.
    Accuracy matters a lot.

• Section 1: TECHNICAL TEST
    Most of them are from C language.Some simple codes were given and output was asked.There was no negative marking and the test was objective.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: What is a microprocessor?
    • Question 2: Draw the pin diagram of 8086.
    • Question 3: Architecture of microprocessor.
    • Question 4: What is the latest processor?
    • Question 5: What is ASK?
    • Question 6: What is FSK?
    • Question 7: What are filters and why do we use them?
    • Question 8: FIR , IIR filters.
    • Question 9: What is fourier transform? Where do we use it?
    • Question 10: Write a code to print linked list reversely.
    • Question 11: Write a code to delete a node from double linked list.
    • Question 12: Code for bubble sort and some more sorting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
    • Question 2: Why IT?
    • Question 3: Why not for higher studies?
    • Question 4: Puzzles.
    • Question 5: Few questions on my hobbies.
    Solving puzzles is one of my hobby. I was asked to tell a puzzle(this helped me a lot).

• C language
    • Strings
    • Data structures
    • pointers
    Good knowledge on C,data structures is necessary.

It is good if you have depth in knowledge in core subjects, but basics are compulsory.

ALL THE BEST.

Technical Interview HR Interview Test Test

Interview Questions
      They asked me questions on my B.Tech Project.
      Questions on Applied Mechanics.
      They gave me puzzles and asked to solve them.
      They asked me to write a C program using Switch Statement.
      Make yourself comfortable with the fundamentals of C language.Concentrate on pointers,strings,data structures.

This will help you in clearing the technical part of the written test.
      The aptitude part of the written test was easy.
      Don't panic when you are attending the interview,attend the interview with confidence.

Interview Questions
        Asked me to tell them about myself.
        Justify why they need to select me for the job.
        I was a bit nervous when I attended the HR Interview but I felt comfortable with the Technical Interview as I gained
        confidence while attending this interview.I had Hr Interview first and then Technical Interview.

• Section 1: APTITUDE TEST

• Section 1: TECHNICAL TEST
        Asked questions on C language.

• C language

• Section 1: Aptitude
        • Section 2: Quantitative
        • Section 3: Reasoning/Analytical
        • Section 4: Technical
        Speed distence, ages, percentage, c, ds

Interview Questions
          Puzzles, questions on pointers, ds, basic programmes on c.

Interview Questions
            General hr, how u r different from others

Prepare well in c , ds maintain good cgpa(above 8) be through in reasoning, ready to write simple c programmes.