SDE (Software Development Engineer)

SDE (Software Development Engineer) Interview Questions and Tips

Microsoft sde (software development engineer) interview

Richa NigamFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Bhopal for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Microsoft
Test Test Test Technical Interview Technical Interview Other Interview

• Section 1: Technical Aptitude
The MCQs were based on C.C++,Java and some Operating System questions. Around 200+ from our college sat for this round.
Solve C C++ output related questions.
Difficulty level : Medium

• Section 1: Online Coding Round
After the first round around 100 (consisting of the internship students as well) students were shortlisted for the second round
Everyone got different sets of questions. The questions I got were :
Given two arrays were digits of one array represent a number,maximize the number by replacing it with elements of second array.
eg:
arr={3,1,4,5,6}
rep={1,9,5,2,3}

after replacement
arr={9,5,4,5,6}
one digit of rep can be used to replace only once.
For this almost everyone who got this question used a brute force method.But I had used a different approach .I constructed a max heap of rep array.And ran a loop checking if the max element of rep was greater than the element in arr and then replaced it in arr and deleted the same from the maxheap.

Given a matrix ,where each cell represents a value of strength.The value could be positive negative or zero. At each cell the strength value is added.You have to reach from point (0,0) to point (m-1,n-1) if at any point the strength becomes zero or negative then you cant proceed further.Find the minimum strength required before starting to reach the end of the matrix.
eg . {{ 1,-3,0},
{-2,1,-1}} Ans: 2 ( (2+1+(-2)+1+(-1)=1 path taken )
I gave a DP solution but was unable to pass a few test cases in this question.
Practice problems on Data Structures like Trees, Arrays , Heaps , Linked Lists ,etc

• Section 1: Written Coding Round
Around 30 students consisting of students from other colleges as well were called On-site. This was a written round.Everyone was given around 45 mins and 1 question.
Given the root to a binary tree, a value n and k.Find the sum of nodes at distance k from node with value n.
This is similar to this question on geeks ->http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-nodes-distance-k-given-node-binary-tree/
I was able to do this quite quickly :D I even explained my answer to the HR and he asked me to write different types of test cases to exhaustively check if my code works on all of them.
After this round around 14 people were shortlisted.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Find and element in a rotated array
  • Question 2: Given two linked lists both represent a number . Create a linked list that contains its sum
These were fairly easy questions . I knew the solutions and explained it to the interviewer.He asked a few questions on them , seemed satisfied.Asked me if I had any questions for him . So I asked him about the different technologies that a new SDE would work on and things like that. I had a pretty good discussion with him he told me many things from his end too.
I made it to the next round then :D
Well one thing I realized after giving interviews was when they ask the candidate for any questions then you should always ask something , shows that you are interested.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: You have to design a Text Editor like notepad . You are concerned about the following functionalities - insert, delete, and search.You can assume the other functionalities of the text editor like save , display of text,etc are handled by some other developer. You just have to suggest what kind of data structures you would use to carry out the concerned functionalities efficiently
He told me to take my time and give the solution. I gave him a solution of considering the text as a linked list of words . Where each node in the linked list contained the word string and an index .And for every node in the linked list I will have Trie structure. I used trie for efficient search.What I suggested was that I use the trie whenever the user enters a word and insert it into the trie and the leaf of that word will contain the index of that word plus the pointer to that node in the linked list . If suppose the trie already has the word then i increase the word count in the leaf and the leaf will contain a vector that has the list of indexes where the word has occurred and the list of pointers where the word is present in the list.I wrote the code and explained how it can handle all corner cases . We discussed the the solution and he asked me certain questions on different test cases . My approach handled them well. He seemed satisfied . He added to the question that the search query could contain words or phrases . So my use of indexes could handle the phrase search :) . I also suggested that instead of Trie data structure we could use a Ternary Search Tree as that would be more space efficient.
Practice Design questions too besides Data Structure problems

Other Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: he asked me about the question given to me in the previous round i.e Text Editor . I gave him a brief explanation on my approach . He then gave me another question based on Text Editor. He asked me how could I retrieve K most Frequent words from the text efficiently.
  • Question 2: Given a binary search tree , print the path which has the sum equal to k and has minimum hops. i.e if there are multiple paths with the sum equal to k then print the path with minimum number of nodes.
This was a HR+Technical Interview

The interviewer was quite experienced and very pleasant. He asked me how my previous rounds went.He was going through my performance review from the previous rounds. He took a glance though my CV and asked me about the projects I did. He saw that I had interned at IITB so he asked me a lot on that project. He also asked me some basic HR questions like Why should Microsoft hire you ? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years ?.He was very impressed with my academic record and my AIEEE rank. Asked me how I handled my 12th board exams and entrances.He made it very comfortable and was almost chatting and getting to know about me.
Question 1:
Thankfully I was just going through this question just before this round :D . I suggested the solution using Trie and Min Heap.
Similar to -> http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-k-most-frequent-words-from-a-file/
Question 2 :
First I gave him the brute force approach . Similar to ->http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/root-to-leaf-path-sum-equal-to-a-given-number/
But I knew it wasnt using the fact that we have a Binary Search tree . So the interviewer gave me some hints - like what is main criteria of a BST . I immediately figured out that the minimum path will always be on the right side of the node because it has the larger value. I told him the solution he seemed satisfied.
He then asked if I has any questions for him . So I asked him about where I can improve myself , he said I didnt need any improvement I am doing very well and that I should jus keep doing what I am doing :D That certainly made my day :) I asked a couple more questions about Microsoft and then left.

Finally after a week the results came I received the mail that I had been shortlisted for a Full Time Position :D
Have a good grasp on Data Structures. Solve as many problems possible from Geeks4Geeks
Be confident in the interview . Have a smiling face and be adaptable to the question . The interviewer can anytime change or twist the question just to confuse you.
The interviewers are very helpful , if you feel stuck communicate with them ..explain your approach they will give you hints.
When the interviewer gives the question listen to it carefully do not immediately rush to writing the code .. ask him about the different criteria and restrictions pertaining to the question.
Check your code with all possible test cases and list them.
Lastly , even if you arent able to get the right solution then just explain your approach . Recruiters analyse how you tackle the problem not necessary that you have to have the accurate solution.

• Basic C/C++
  • C Programming
  • Algorithms And Data Structures

• R S AGGARWAL For Aptitude,
  • Cracking The Coding Interview : Gayle Laakmann McDowell,
  • Data Structures Through C In Depth,
  • E. Balagurusamy,

Lastly , hard work goes a long way ! Never loose hope. I got placed in Oracle Applications and Microsoft after being rejected by almost 6 companies :) And believe me those interviews also taught me a lot .

Learn from your failures and don't lose hope :)
Microsoft is dream company for any Computer Science Engineer. And I am glad I got this opportunity.

Persistent Systems sde (software development engineer) interview

Shivshankar ShejwalFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Persistent Systems
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Techinical aptitiude
  • Section 2: Coding round
  • Section 3: Essay writing
The techinical aptitude test was above average level and had conceptual problem . Some good questions were there from C,C++.
persistent basically concentrates on every subject and now a days also concentrate more on software engineering.
C.C++,OS,DBMS,Computer Architecture,Networking and some microprocessor part was covered in those 60 quesn of technical.
Then 20 min for programming .Immediately after that 10 min for essay writing.
Most of the times we are prepared for interview but not for technica aptitude .
The test requires sound basic knowledge of each field ,do prepare software engg questions well .At least 45+ correct questions would give chance of next round if code done is correct .
The code is evaluated only if you qualify in tech apti.
File handling program may be tough and tricky one,rest all are easy.

tech 1 :
    my project was in AI so related questions first ,he wanted a basic intro of all.
    after seeing resume and mentioning of hackerrank and seeing all achievements started of the
    Interviwer : So you are hacker ?
    S : No not at all hacker i practise prog on hackerank.
    I : so what are types of hackers
    S : Black hat,white hat.
    I : so can they be potential terrorsit
    S :yes at times with wrong intention they are potential terrorist
    asked me to explain eg and did it ,satisfied .
    I : so introduce yourself
    I : so tell me fuzzy logic
    told him
    I : tell me algorithms you know some brief intro
    S : told him about A* algo,fleming bird algo,salesperson problem .(took lot of time)
    I : explain me this project
    S : told him some of conditions as all were not possible ,some talk on optimization of length of code etc.
    I : So tell me about programming sites
    S : told them all about codechef,hackerrank,spoj.
    I : Now say i have char ch='n' my name starts with n say how will it get stored
    I : so what all microprocessor has
    I : how many type of interrupts , and in detail eg (I wasnt sure ,gave eg but told that i was not sure)
    I : implement circular link list
    I : insert element in circular link list.
    I : constant variables,volatile variables.
    I : What are stack and queue and thier application.
    I : where are variables stored (dyanmic allocation and static with the global and static varoable he wanted)
    I : now here comes puzzle from nowhere : 3 cans each full with capacity 3,5,7 liter make it 5,5,5
    (I thought there might be some way and kept talking every moment ,is there large supply of water ,can we spill it all he denied)
    so i couldnt do it then he asked whether i need another vessel and asked how much quantity ,i told 5.
    he said consider it ,did it in seconds and so he again said that was way easy now do original problem .
    I tried a lot he kept talking on mobile for 5 min (worst part).
    I : so he asked me again some question on queue ,its implementation
    I : then went to OS ,priority queue scheduling basic idea and code.
    So i am finished with you .said thank you sir .
    Yes everyone is tense for firts round ,but the interviewer are very friendly ,almost all of them .
    They ask technical questions and check if you can go out of box in tech as well as thinking aspect.
    Continous interaction with interviewer is must .

TECH 2:
      I : so shivshankar introduce yourself.
      I : What are all these sites and ranks ,explained him in detail .
      I : area of intrest asked i told DS.
      I : so find out middle of link list when no of nodes are not known.(did it) was happy for explanaiton.
      I : reverse a link list i did interative and was expecting him to say for recurrsive ,again did it .
      I : gave a array problem easy one
      I : another probelm where he incremented array name ,so it was lvalue error (he gave no expression).
      I : gave structure question .
      I : asked for another resume and threw a paper with apti quesn on it ,did that just a hour before only .
      I : asked about higher studies and why mathematics specialization only?
      I : asked virtual function description and abstract class too .
      I : graph implementation , dijkastras algo basic explanation ,if code is known then code too.
      I : asked family background

This will be purely on data strcutures and algorithm if area of intrest is DS and algo ,if not it will be a mix of algo plus any other your favourite subject .
      Many may get This round directly ,so if you perform in this round you go directly to HR.
      so you face only one interview then 2.

HR round :
        In my case HR was bit diffrent ,all candidate had pure HR questions ,mine this round also went technical + HR with two diffrent interviewers.
        HR1 : so shivshankar right ! introduce yourself .
        HR1 : how was your day ,and here comes technical part i was again told to tell link list problem solutions all of them .
        HR1 : what was your apti program how you implemented it ,told him all tricks and full method (very happy by explantion around 10 min explantion).
        HR1 : some structure and union related questions ,like size of structure ,diffrence,classes struct diff etc.
        HR1 : what you know about persi ,tell him somethings apart from ppt will be good ,and have contact in very company which you are giving.
        HR1 : further education intrest ,why in that field.
        HR1 : any time in engg disaggrement of decesion regarding project?
        HR1 : any questions for me !! i asked about project for BE which persi sponsors.

now switched my interview to his friend
        HR2 : again link list reverse question and some discussion on it .
        HR2 : hashing discussion and collision resolving technique on hashing.
        HR2 : that collision point again repeat and how you resolved it and some i2i discussion .
        Hr2 : what all was in your project of i2i .
        HR2 : queue application asked again .
        HR2 : BE project basic idea ,platform and implementation idea .
        HR2 : Why not further education
        HR2 : family background .
        he said it was nice talking to you ,dont look back start preparing for MPC we will meet soon in persistent.
        Came forward to shake hands.
        HR guys are very cool . Mostly candidates dont get rejected from HR. If selected for HR can assume that you are selected.
        They co operate a lot and expect truth only and some info must be known about company.

• Java
        • Operating System
        • DBMS
        Atleast one of C++ or java must be good with basics. Rest all try to make code for every problem of operating system and do geeksforgeeks.

• C programming language : dennis ritchie ,
        • Forouzan,
        • techtud video youtube,
        • saurabh schools,
        • Ravindra babu raula,
        Be technically strong and have confidence ,all good will follow.
        This is core software company with lot of innovation ,thats all a programmer wants

Prasun GoyalFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Bhopal for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Carwale
        Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Total 4 question for online coding (hackerrank). 1-parenthesis balance check , 2-find number of pair in a given array which is equal to given sum, 3-given an array of size n and its elements, you have to include k elements such that the difference between the highest and lowest number in these k elements is minimum. 4-find the min distance from a left top to right bottom in a 2-D matrix. Languages : C / C++
        Attempt at least 2 questions

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Make 24 using 8, 8, 3, 3 using + = / * ( ) .
        • Question 2: Find all permutations of a given string. (Not in lexicographic order).
        • Question 3: Given an array of size 98 and it has natural numbers from 1-100 but 2 numbers are missing. find them.
        • Question 4: Fnd if a binary tree is bst or not.
        • Question 5: Detect and remove cycle in a linked list.
        • Question 6: A string is given consisting of lowercase alphabets. Write a function which returns yes if the string has all the lowercase letters appearing in it at least once. O(N) time and without using extra space.
        The interviewer asked to write the full code for a couple of questions only.
        Prepare puzzles.
        Think loudly.
        Ask for a hint if stuck.

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Convert a given number to its hexadecimal form.
        • Question 2: Asked me how I rate myself in various subjects (CN , DBMS , OOPS ,OS). I told him that I am comfortable with OS and OOPS. Then he asked : Why multiple inheritance is not supported in JAVA. I told him that I know OOPS of CPP.
        • Question 3: Explain priority scheduling (preemptive , non-preemptive). Explain a case when a low priority process will preempt a high priority process.
        • Question 4: Brief discussion over one of my project.
        • Question 5: Explain singleton class and write code for it.
        • Question 6: Develop tic-tac-toe game and write code using concepts of OOPS in CPP. (Initially told me to include artificial intelligence also but was later satisfied without it.
        Be honest with your interviewer. ;)

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Normal HR questions.
        • Question 2: Long discussion over my projects.

• Puzzle Solving Capability
        • Implementation of code using OOPS.
        • Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Basics
        Must be capable to solve puzzles as well as coding questions with good speed and accuracy.

• Dbms- Korth,
        • Galvin For Operating Systems,
        • Any Good Book On Data Structure And Algorithms,
        • Object Oriented Programming With C++ : Balagurusamy,
        Carwale currently has around 100-125 employees. So it's a good platform to learn new technology. The salary is also good.

Rahul KushwahaFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Allahabad for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Carwale
        Test Technical Interview Other Interview

There were 4 questions of varying difficulty. Those attempted atleast 2 were selected for the next round.
        Q1) Question based on Tower of hanoi problem. I solved it using dynamic programming.
        Q2) Check for balanced parenthesis in an expression.
        Q3)One adhoc question to calculate the maximum number of people present at a particular time in a hotel.
        Q4) One other question based on string algorithms.
        two adhoc questions
        Lead in this round can benefit you in next rounds, so give your best shot

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Based on project. What is difference between REST and SOAP? And couple of other questions
        • Question 2: Delete nodes in linkedlist which have a greater value on right side?
        • Question 3: Check if given tree is BST or not?
        • Question 4: One adhoc question on strings?
        • Question 5: One adhoc question from the online test itself? Ask me how i approached this problem and ask me to write code and explain?
        • Question 6: What is OOP? Describe its properties?
        • Question 7: What is runtime polymorphism and compile time polymorphism? Difference between them?
        • Question 8: What are virtual functions?
        • Question 9: What is abstract class?
        • Question 10: What is inheritance? What are diffence types of inheritance?
        The interviewer asked to write the full code for a couple of questions only
        Prepare DS nicely.
        Strong OOPs concepts.
        They want optimized solution of all.
        Be honest with your interviewer.
        Don't pretend.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Ask me about my coding experience how i started since i was from non IT Branch?
        • Question 2: Print fibonaaci series less than equal to 1000?
        • Question 3: In the above question calculate sum of only even numbers of fibonaaci series?
        • Question 4: Optimized the above solution less than O(n). For this you have to think out of the box
        • Question 5: What are stacks and its properties?
        • Question 6: Now implement one extra funtion called max() with give the maximum of all elements in the above stack with optimized time and space complexity?
        Ask me write and compile the codes.
        The interviewer was very friendly and helping nature.
        He was giving hints where i stuck.
        He was checking my thinking and prolem solving capability.
        Correct explaination matters,time doesn't.Take your time.
        Ask fro hint.
        Be yourself.Don't pretend.
        All the best :)

• Object Oriented Programming
        • Algorithms And Data Structures
        • Ability To Think
        Have conceptual knowledge of subjects, don't just mug up things. Interviewers are smart enough to make it out anyway.

• Mycodeschool.com,
        • Tushar roy,
        • ideseve,
        • Saurabh School,
        Flat hierarchy.

Good progress by the company in its last 10 years of expansion.

opportunity to work with best minds of the country.

Decent salary.

Saket ThapliyalFresherSelected
        Test Technical Interview TECHNICAL AND HR

• Section 1: Coding
        Coding Platform : Hackerrank(C/C++/Java)
        1) Check for balanced parenthesis in an expression.
        2) Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a MxN matrix. (from each cell you can move only to right or down)
        3) Given an array of size n and its elements, you have to include k elements such that the difference between the highest and lowest number in these k elements is minimum.
        4) Find number of pair in a given array which is equal to given sum.

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Given a balance and 100 coins;out of which,one is heavier. Find minimum number of weighing required to find out heavier coin?
        • Question 2: Questions on Graph like DFS and BFS traversal.
        • Question 3: Explain Prims and Kruskal’s algorithms.
        • Question 4: A graph was shown and asked to form Minimum Spanning Tree using above two algorithms. (Also asked if I can code it)
        • Question 5: Delete nodes in a linked list which have greater value on right side.
        • Question 6: Write code for reversing the linked list
        • Question 7: Difference between Methods and Constructors.(At least five)
        • Question 8: Long discussion on Deadlock(necessary conditions), its prevention and avoidance etc, Bankers Algorithm.
        At the start of interview I was asked to Rate myself(out of 10) in Aptitude, Puzzle and then for C++.
        For both I rated myself closer to 8.

TECHNICAL AND HR

Icebreaker question- Tell me about yourself.
        1. A question on tree Data structure.
        2. I was asked about my Project work in college which was on Operating System. Detailed explanation why and how I picked this project. Who were the group members, how was the group formed, how much was the involvement of college faculty? What is its use in future? What was my role in the project?
        The interviewer pointed out some flaw in algorithms used in project. Basically he asked me to think of Data Structures through which insertion can be done in O(1) as well as deletion and retrieval in O(1)…like the implementation of LRU cache algorithm.
        The process took 40 minutes.
        3. Discussion on second project which was on knn algorithm.
        4. Asked me about tiny Url or Url shortener. Implement it.
        The interviews were really thought provoking and the interviewers were helpful and friendly. It felt like solving problems as a team and not at all like a test. The interviewers were quite receptive to our questions and patient.

• Puzzle Solving Capability

• Deitel: How to program in C,

Shubham JainFresherSelected
        Test Technical Interview Technical Interview

120 minutes Minutes
        • Section 1: ONLINE CODING ROUND
        Online coding session :
        Q1). Check for balanced parenthesis in an expression.
        Q2). Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a M x N matrix.
        (From each cell you can move only to right or down).
        Q3) Count number of pairs with given sum in an array.
        Q4). Print (N-K) values corresponding to min of each K-sized chunk in a given array of size N.
        Lead in this round can benefit you in next rounds, so give your best shot.

Interview Questions
          This was about a 30 min session.
          He asked me very easy concept based questions.

Q1). Explain your project briefly.
          Q2). Explain multiple inheritance
          Q3). Why JAVA doesn’t support multiple inheritance.
          Q4). Convert a hexadecimal to binary number and vice versa.
          Q5). What are balanced BSTs?
          Q6). Explain all possible rotations possible in a balanced BST.
          Q7). Write INSERT function for a balanced BST.
          Correct explaination matters,time doesn't.Take your time.

This was Technical + HR round :

Q1). Detailed discussion on my intern project.
            Asked the shortcomings of the project and approaches to resolve them.
            Q2). Discussion on minor project (Threaded download accelerator)
            Asked about what all different approaches I could have followed in the project and why didn’t I chose them.
            Q3). Favorite subject – I replied OS.
            Asked few basic questions-
            What are threads? How are they different from process? Explain with example.
            I don’t remember the other os questions he asked about.
            Q4). Implement Twitter.
            It wasn’t easy to make him understand the approach. He was kind of satisfied with my approach at the end.
            Q5). Discussion on other projects.
            HR questions followed.
            Be yourself.Don't pretend.
            All the best :)

• Logical Thinking
            • Database Management
            • C
            Have conceptual knowledge of subjects, don't just mug up things.<br /> Interviewers are smart enough to make it out anyway.

• Galvin For Operating Systems,
            • Object Oriented Programming With C++ : Balagurusamy,
            • Introduction To Algorithms : Thomas H. Cormen,
            • Dbms- Korth,
            • Nptel.ac.in,
            • Data Structures And Algorithm From YouTube,
            Flat hierarchy.

No cabin culture.

Working at startup is always better because you get to learn a lot of things.

Decent salary.

Amazon sde (software development engineer) internship interview

Sai Nishanth PadalaFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Amazon
            Test Technical Interview Technical Interview

1:30 Minutes
            • Section 1: 20 MCQ
            • Section 2: 2 Coding Questions
            Out of 20 MCQ's ,I think I solved 13-15 MCQ's Correctly. I solved easy MCQ's first and spent sometime on tough one's.
            MCQ's were simple to tough I/O questions ,OS Questions etc.
            In coding round they asked one D.P problem and one problem related to stack . I solved the stack question. So I can say
            I did OK on this round and got selected to Interview.
            Get comfortable with Data structures and Algorithms, and also have some basic idea of OS,DBMS.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Questions based on resume and coding questions.
            The Interviewer was friendly and first he asked questions about my projects, previous internship etc .
            He then gave me a question related to B-Tree and asked me to tell the algorithm. First I gave naive solution, then he told me to improve efficiency. Though I took some time, I eventually arrived at a efficient solution. He asked to code that algo in any programming language. so I coded the algo in Java within 10 minutes. He went through my code thoroughly and corrected some minor mistakes. After this he asked if I have any questions for him, I then asked some questions related to work profile. After this round I was called for another techincal round. This round lasted for 50 minutes.
            I prepared from geeks for geeks for interviews and I think it helps a lot. Think out loud as Interviewer also observes your thought process.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Questions from various courses I took which I mentioned in my resume.
            This round was a breeze as the Interviewer was very warm and he asked me various questions related to the courses
            I took. I think he asked questions related to prob theory,OS,discrete Maths etc. I answered most of them correctly.
            This round lasted for 45 minutes.
            As said above think out loud and have a good presence of mind. It helps if you revise the courses mentioned in your resume.

• Programming
            • problem solving

• Cormen,
            Practice programming a lot, preferably from Hacker rank etc. Come prepared for the Interview.

Don't panic and have a fresh mind for interview
            It's a good company,offering a decent stipend and one more thing it's in Hyderabad which is my hometown.
            Nothing that I remember of.

Bombardier Transportaton sde (software development engineer) interview

Neeraj YadavFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Hamirpur for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Bombardier Transportaton
            Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

• Section 1: Electrical and Electronics
            • Section 2: C,C++
            • Section 3: Networking
            • Section 4: HR Questions
            • Section 5: General Aptitute
            The test was very easy, and the questions were on the basics of each section and time was also enough to complete all the questions.

It was scheduled after the first round, but as they don't have much time and also the student's shortlisted after the first round were not many. So, students were called directly for the interviews without any GD.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: My interview started with my introduction followed by some questions related to the Software Engineering.
            • Question 2: Explain SDLC(Software Development Life Cycle)?
            • Question 3: Name different Software Development Models You know about?
            • Question 4: Explain Waterfall model.It's advantages and disadvantages?
            • Question 5: What's Agile methodology and it's advantages over waterfall model?
            • Question 6: Dicussions about my Project.Explain E-R diagram of your Project?Have you done any Project in C,C++?Which Software Development Model you used?
            • Question 7: HR round was also with the techical interview so they asked some general HR questions

Jabong sde (software development engineer) interview

Amardeep SinghFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Jabong
            Test Technical Interview Technical Interview Other Interview HR Interview

1 hr Minutes
            • Section 1: Objective type 30 ques :- 30 min ( Quant+Output Ques)
            • Section 2: 5 coding Question:1 30 min
            It was not that tough.
            Aptitude question were easy.
            Coding Question were tough as we have only 30 min.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Optimize the codde given by you in the written exam
            I was able to crack a better solution to the question.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: What is startup all about and what all technology is used
            Was able to explain it fluently.
            Don't bluff about the startup they will catch you

Other Interview

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: explanation about various things written in resume.
            It was a director's round.
            Not that tough , a bit of HR types.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
            • Question 2: Why jabong?
            Easy one . A type of formality.

• C/C++
            Prepare geeksforgeeks and practice codechef
            The brand name + E commerce the place to be

Housing sde (software development engineer) interview

Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for SDE (Software Development Engineer) role at Housing
            technical interview Technical Interview

technical interview

My first interview was held at 9 PM. First round : It was first interview after oral test in school, so you can understand the situation. But the interviewers were people of age between 25-27, as I entered the room he started talking like an IITK-senior. He started with friendly chit-chat and then shifted to asking about my resume and other questions.

Questions :
            1. Algorithm to retain median of an integer stream.
            2. There is a river and there are stations with same station no. on both side of the river. A bridge can be build between the stations with same station no. and two bridges shouldn't cross each-other. Given a configuration of the river and stations give and algorithm to print maximum no bridges that can be build.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Given names of some places( in a locality) with longitude, latitude mark the boundary of the locality.
            • Question 2: Given a square area of 1024x1024 on a map with some flats (housing mentality :P) with their location (x,y) and visibility index (~price or value). You have to show every flat with a square of 32x32 in the map.

Do’s :

1. Set you priorities for core and non-core first and prepare accordingly.

2. If you preparing for core companies than start coding as soon as possible. Almost every company shortlist through online coding tests. Only getting better at coding is enough to get a good job.

3. Good CPI in important if you are aiming to get a job in 1st day 1st slot companies.

4. Go through your course projects that you mentioned in resume.

5. You are expected to have basic knowledge of OS, Networks, C, Databases.

Final Tips :

1. Start preparing ASAP ( summers at-lest )

2. Coding is must.

3. Interviewers are nice people, they are there to help you so don’t get nervous, and keep clam.

4. Always clarify the problem with interviewers until you understand the complete problem. While solving always speak loudly let your interviewer know what you are thinking, if you are going in wrong direction he will certainly help you and will give you hints.

5. Don’t lose hope if your CPI is low, just work hard and you will overcome the disadvantage of lower CPI.