Sales

Sales Interview Questions and Tips

ZOMATO sales/business development manager interview

, 3.8k views
Shalaka GhoshExperiencedSelected
Application
I Applied for job through Company website for Sales/Business Development Manager role at ZOMATO
HR Interview Case Study Interview Interactive Session

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
  • Question 2: The reasons you seem to give for leaving Grab is pretty much a similar case here. Then why Zomato?
  • Question 3: Why don't you join Roadrunnr again?
  • Question 4: What if you feel immoral yet again and decide to leave the company?
Answer 1: Started with basic education info and why I took up engineering and why I changed my mind to shift to a totally different field.
On the job experiences, twist and turns ultimately leading to what made me come to this interview.
Highlights:
- On the job experiences in Roadrunnr.
- Reasons for leaving.
- Reasons for joining Grab.
- Reasons for resignation in just one month.

Answer 2: The natural answer that came to me was that Zomato has been my dream job.
Highlights:
- Words of inspiration by the CEO.
- Work Culture.
- Branding by the famous : Akshar Pathak & Shakti Shetty. (They are my Gods, my exact words :P)
- Knowledge gain over a span of from a sister who works with Zomato.

Answer 3: Now that was a trick question. (Reasons will remain undisclosed :P)

Answer 4: After landing a dream job, a little immorality won't hurt :D

One intense hour of grilling with the HR. Be prepared for it. One of the toughest interviews I had to go through.
No piece of cake.
Tip 1: Keep it short and simple. Don't try to create a glorious image of yourself that you are fit for the job for so and so reasons.
Be honest. Honesty is the best policy and honesty never hurt anybody ;)
Ultimately they judge you on how you have evolved overtime and the fact that you have learnt something in the past and will not make the same mistakes in future.

Tip 2: Be very careful when you use the words "Dream Job". Justify it with reasons and answers.
I happened to apply for Zomato only yesterday after a series of failed attempts one year ago. (So i had 0 hopes)
After getting shortlisted after the telephonic round yesterday, I gave the interview today. But i have been following Zomato & every news related to it sincerely for 2 years now, which in-fact proves that it is a dream job!

Tip 3: Be honest. :)

Tip 4: Be honest.

Most of my tips say be honest. And be that.
Stay very calm. That is the beauty of a salesperson, they might be crying a river inside but nothing to show to the world when it comes to your job.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: So (The HR) tells me you have eveloved over the last 8 months into the person you are today. Why Zomato?
  • Question 2: Where do you see yourself in 5 years/ You seem to be a very passionate person, describe passion in one word or a sentence.
  • Question 3: Name idols, whom you look up to.
Answer 1:
Similar answer.
Highlights:
- Specifically talked about the Yourstory article by Deepinder Goyal titled "Lessons Learnt in 2015" which i could actually relate to when i first read it.
- Challenge.
- Best start up to be with.

Answer 2: "Learnt over time, short term goals last along with a vision of the future. Planning it may let you down.
Wherever i am, i know I'd want to make a difference. That's my passion."
I had 2. Reasons given, justified.

Answer 3: This was a strange question for me since My Dad is my biggest idol and inspiration & I look up to him as an idol.
My first boss, my boss at Roadrunnr is a second.
Highlights:
- Dad, why? Basics in life, work hard and you'll succeed. (Theoretical approach)
- Boss, actually taught me how to work hard starting from scratch. (Practical approach)
- "Theories can get you only to a distance, what i have learnt on the job is much more than i have ever learnt in college or school combined"
Tip 1: If you have a dream job, follow it. There's a reason why its your dream job :)

Tip 2: Know your passions. If you don't yet, search.

Tip 3: An idol is a person you learn the most from, in a life altering way. Could be a friend, family, boss. Anybody.

Be yourself.

Interactive Session

1. Interviewer: Named certain products of Zomato.
2. Interviewer: Options of profiles to be given. Do you have any idea of those? (I did, courtesy my sister)
3. Me: Which one brings the most revenue?
4. Me: How do competitors affect the number of transactions per day?
5. Interviewer: Mock pitch for both profiles. (without any knowledge of what they are)
6. Will you ready to sign a one year bond with Zomato?
1. Know your company well. Do a test run, use all of its products.
2. Do your home work well, it comes from constant learning.
3. It's a startup, revenue is the most important factor.
4. Competitor study a second close.
5. A little hesitant, but tried my level best. Not perfect though.
6. It's a dream job. Yes. Obviously!

Learn constantly, everyday, from wherever possible. Be an enthusiast in what interests you the most!
Be yourself. Be honest!
Dream Job.
The interviewer offered me food right after the first round. And water constantly. :P

Idea sales interview

, 6.2k views
Ajinkya DeshpandeFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at DMS IIT DELHI for Sales role at Idea
Group Discussion Other Interview

Is stock market a true indicator of a country's economy?
It was a group of 7. No fish market, fairly balanced. Everybody knew the topic pretty well. But the Finance guys pitched in a lot of times. I started off the GD by explaining what factors actually affect the economy and whether stock market affects these factors can be discusses upon. The GD mainly focused on India, but we also discussed how the stock market in developed countries differs from developing countries, and hence its tracking of the economy is also different. I pitched in about four-five times in 15 mins.
One absolutely needs to know numbers of India's economy like GDP, Inflation, Stock market, etc. There needs to be a basic study done before-hand in order to succeed in a GD such as this. Also, since Finance guys were trying to get a little technical with the topic, it was important for the non technical guys to not let them have the track. Thus, always keep the GD's track/discussion closer to your strengths, otherwise you will lose it.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Family Background
  • Question 2: CV related questions
  • Question 3: Do I read or write stuff apart from my academics? About what?
  • Question 4: Explain Prisoner's Dilemma (in one sentence)
  • Question 5: My planned career trajectory
  • Question 6: Why Sales? (Read the explanation for further elaboration on this)
It was the shortest interview on campus. Lasted only 8-10 mins. Other candidates who got selected had interviews lasting 1 hour and 1 hr 15 mins. It was mostly an HR interview, though two out of the three people were from the management department. I had an engineering background, but then worked as Media Planner at Omnicom Media Group, so I was asked about this change of career track and how it all fits together. The answer that actually did the trick for me was the explanation Prisoner's Dilemma. I was luckily able to give the exact one line answer that the interviewer was looking for. For them, the interview was done after that.
But they had offered the profile of Service Delivery, and I wanted Sales. I told the Idea representatives that I wanted Sales profile and that I will not be joining if they offered Service Delivery. I was then asked a couple of questions on why I wanted the Sales profile and why they should offer me a profile that they are not offering to others at my college. I was able to justify my choice and was, in a way, adamant on getting Sales. It was either Sales or no offer.
The results were out at the end of all interviews and I was offered Sales profile, which I obviously accepted.
Understant the interviewer and the mood that is being set. You need to drive the interview questions and not the other way round. Prepare a lot about your CV, your specialisation and your strengths. Keep the interview around these strengths. As soon as the interviewer drives the questions, you are out of the reckoning.

• Depth of knowledge about your past work experience.
  • Vision , in terms of career
  • Psyche/Behavioural
  • Breadth of random knowledge
  • Confidence
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare. But be focused on your key areas, dont prepare hapazardly.
Prepare a lot around your key strengths. And make every round be guided around these strengths.
Profile and sector.

Jaro Education sales interview

, 2.8k views
Vidit GomberFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Bharti Vidyapeeth College of Engineering for Sales role at Jaro Education in Oct, 2016
HR Interview Group Discussion Technical Interview Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself?
Since I was a fresher, the first round was very basic which was conducted by the HR of JARO Education. She asked me to introduce myself, explaining in detail about my academics and my interest towards the job.
Be confident.
Strong communication skills.

1 Hours
Is online business better than the old style of business?
The second round of interview was the group discussion, which had a bunch of students who had to speak against or for the topic given. Since the profile for which i was interviewed was sales profile, therefore the topic of GD was given accordingly. I spoke for the topic and shared my opinion on why online business is better than the old style of business. I clearly explained all the points that stated for the topic.
Strong communication skills, confident while sharing your views, avoid staying silent.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How to influence customers using sales techniques?
  • Question 2: what do you understand by the profile?
The students who got selected in the group discussion, got the opportunity to sit in the third round of interview. Luckily I was the one who got that chance. This round basically focused on testing and analyzing the skills that are required in the sales profile. The techniques that can be used to influence the customers in a manner that they agree to buy the product trusting on what you say. The second questioned aimed at knowing the basic understanding of the profile.
Showcase your convincing and negotiation skills. Strong communication skills are mandate.

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How well do you adapt the cultural fit in the workplace?
The last round of interview was with the Managing Director. The round was not technical but it aimed at analyzing the behavior of the interviewee, how well he/she can adapt to the workplace.
Show yourself as strong in working under pressure. Be flexible in working with any environment.

• Sales
  • Communication
  • Negotiation
  • Convincing

Zara sales interview

, 47 views
Jayant SinghExperiencedSelected
Resume Shortlist HR Interview

We have to submit our resumes offline at the store and after on one week I got a call from them I have been shortlisted. And I have to report them for the interview after few days.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: There were 20 guys like me standing out of a room in which the interview is taking place. A lady from the door called my name. I went inside the room and there were a man and a woman sitting there. I went there thy asked me to sit they asked the abov
  • Question 2: Why do you wanna do this job?
  • Question 3: For much time can you do this job?
  • Question 4: Have you done any job anywhere else?
There were 20 guys like me standing out of a room in which the interview is taking place. A lady from the door called my name. I went inside the room and there were a man and a woman sitting there. I went there thy asked me to sit they asked the above-mentioned questions and then they gave me a cloth and asked me to market it in the best possible manner I can. I did as I was said to do. They then became frank and asked how I am doing in my life and all. Then they asked me to leave. That's my story.

• Sales
  • Market Analysis

TCS operation research interview

, 4.1k views
Vishal Raj RastogiExperiencedSelected
Technical Interview Behavioural Interview Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What is nerwork?
  • Question 2: Types of network?
  • Question 3: What is nerwork?
  • Question 4: Types of network?
  • Question 5: What is protocol?
  • Question 6: Switch / router
U have to know about short terms and about all concepts of OSI layer .
I just give all answers starting to end .
Take a knowledge from network book and through google .

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: List of OSI LAYER
  • Question 2: What u do when u are alone in difficulty times and in others difficulty times ? How could u manage urself ?
  • Question 3: What u do when u are alone in difficulty times and in others difficulty times ? How could u manage urself ?
U have to know about short terms and about all concepts of OSI layer .
I just give all answers starting to end .
Take a knowledge from network book and through google .

PhillipCapital sales internship interview

, 2.7k views
AniketFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar for Sales role at PhillipCapital

Since Philip CApital is a brokerage firm, they asked questions related to finance (futures and options). Basic questions like why finance why mba were asked.
Be prepare with basic HR questions and also be thorough with job profile.

• Knowledge
  • Leadership

Merrill Lynch sales internship interview

, 2.4k views
Vishwa Vijoyendra Narayan FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIM Bangalore for Sales role at Merrill Lynch
Behavioural Interview Puzzle Interview Technical Interview

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: general questions
It is more of a kind of a personality check with an effort to gauge the applicant‟s aptitude

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: puzzles given
It is important to stress the domain where your strengths lie in and remember never to put on false pretences

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: questions based on accounting ad texhnocal stuff
The clincher was that the interviewer was pleasantly surprised that I, being an engineer, could answer a financial accounting problem of some depth

Morgan Stanley sales internship interview

, 3k views
RAHUL BAJAJ FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIM Bangalore for Sales role at Morgan Stanley

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: ..basic HR stuff..personals
3 rounds or more, panel kept changing while me sitting there in one room! And the same people came again and again so atleast 3 rounds were there technically.

Didnt think anything really went wrong. Right- Umm, I guess me pulling them towards my work experience and then them getting totally technical about the interview and asking me about stuff that I had worked on earlier at Deutsche.
Basic financial markets knowledge with a tab on whats happening currently in the markets.

• Excel VBA
  • Attitude
Some excel, VB, a cheerful attitude about the work..

Zara sales interview

, 52 views
Matin AhmedExperiencedSelected
Resume Shortlist HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about you.
  • Question 2: Why do you wanna do this job?
  • Question 3: For much time can you do this job?
  • Question 4: Have you done any job anywhere else?

• Public Dealing