Risk management

Risk management Interview Questions and Tips

Pavithra SivakumarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Risk management role at American Express
Resume Shortlist Test HR Interview Technical Interview

It was pretty much easy. Almost all got through
Highlight your extra curricular and co curricular and PORs and Finance courses like POE or development planning

45min Minutes
    Pretty much easy too. They select on both test and resume basis.
    Probability, Verbal and statement reasoning.

They are friendly and not stressful
    Why amex?
    describe your life before IIT.
    Why not nomura?
    Questions from resume.

They didnt ask me many questions. they asked me only one - solve square root 33
    They ask more of easy questions and one tough question that no one could answer. If you answered that is a brownie

• Probability
    • Data analytics
    Revise till bayes' thereom

• Heard on the street,
    • Probability reference book,
    Make sure your resume fiits into one page.

bold important points

add numbers like suppose you were a finance coord - say how much amount you handled
    I wanted a company where I can put my math into use and at the same time explore analytics.
    They are very very very friendly with you :)

Rajarshi Mukherjee FresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIM Bangalore for Risk Management role at American Express

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Questions on hobbies and interests
    • Question 2: one problem on probability.
    Interviewed for 15-20 mins
    No. of Interviews 1

They were looking for people who would be interested in working in Analytics. In addition they give importance to college CGs. Quantitative skills are especially important as the role demands it,.

The comfort level was high in the interview. Also being able to solve the problem helped.
    Preparation on the standard interview questions as the HR plays a major role in selection

• Quantitative Aptitude
    • Analytical Skills
    • Probability
    If interested in Amex, do not explicitly mention marketing or finance as your interest as analytics is considered an independent field. The role does not require any specific finance or marketing related knowledge. Express interest in quant, stat, puzzles etc. Marketing jargons or NPV, Derivatives etc should ideally be kept out of the conversation.

Sumeet MittalFresherSelected
    Application

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: on resume
    • Question 2: academic performance
    • Question 3: career interest.
    • Question 4: They explained the work they do and asked whether that would interest or not?
    Interviewed for : 15-20 minutes
    No. of Interviews : 1

I was pretty honest in answering the questions they asked me about my interests, likings etc. Probably, they liked honesty and truthfulness of the responses

Though I was not asked any problems on probability etc. But know that they generally ask such problems. So, it is better to do some practice so that you are not rusty during the interview attempting those.

• Technical Skills
    • Quantitative Aptitude
    Quantitative Skills, Little bit of technical background helps (though if you do not have, not much of a disadvantage – can ramp up easily)