Risk Analyst

Risk Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Axis Bank risk analyst interview

Rajeev ChoudharyFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Risk Analyst role at Axis Bank
Resume Shortlist Test Guesstimate Interview Technical Interview

People having CGPA above 8.2 were shortlisted for the test.
Maintain your CGPA around 8.5.

• Section 1: Quantitative Aptitude
  • Section 2: Verbal
  • Section 3: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 4: Psychometric
Simple questions of quant and verbal. Logical Reasoning questions were quite good and confusing. 102 Psychometric questions were asked.
Practice a lot for logical reasoning questions like what would be the next figure? Don't give different answers for the same questions asked after sometime in psychometric test. Try to be yourself.

Guesstimate Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How many pizzas will be sold each month if Pizza Hut comes to IIT Kharagpur?
It was a very easy question for those who practicse guesstimate questions. They just check How structured is your approach?How comfortable are you with numbers? Are you able to make quick checks on the efficiency of different methods?Can you do back of the mind calculations and validate the magnitude of numbers?
Practise guesstimates questions from http://www.caseinterviewscracked.com

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: They asked about my internships, Projects I had done.
I have to explain my project related to Neural network for prediciton of FIFA World Cup 2014 matches results. I had done my internship at Larsen and Toubro so they asked about forecasting of traffic volume and how to decide number of lanes on a National Highway. Asked about the practical applications of B.Tech and M.Tech Project. Difference between C and C++ programming language. Asked about my schedule of a day in IIT KGP. I had done 3 internships related to Core Engineering so they asked why do you want to join a finance company.
I was selected for Risk Analytics profile. I had done 3 courses related to Probability and Statistics, they helped a lot in getting this job.
Go through your Resume properly. Explain the projects and Internships you had done in a effective manner.
I liked the job description given by the company for the profile of Risk Analytics.
They asked why you are not going in core engineering firm, so I told them that most of the work done by the engineers there is to follow standard codes and even a diploma guy can also learn these in just 2 months. He told that even I am doing repititive work from last 2 months, you can not have exciting works everyday. I was not prepared for this type of company.

PayPal risk analyst interview

Anirudh AnirudhFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Risk Analyst role at PayPal
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Coding 1question
  • Section 2: Multiple choice questions
The exam was purely
Cs based
Weigtage was given to coding question almost.
Revise data structures and be through with algorithms

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Was tested about my skills in data structures and my way of approach during solving the problem .

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Was asked about my projects
They asked us deep questions s about the project and asked us to apply it to any situation PayPal faces

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: One more rigorous session on my project.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: It was peace and they just wanted to know why PayPal.

Deloitte risk analyst interview

Sonali SharmaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Roorkee for Risk Analyst role at Deloitte
Test Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: Written Test
 Written test was CAT based primarily with no negative marking.
Almost everyone felt the time crunch., but the key is to maintain focus and yes no negative marking so informed guesses are a must.Prepare well for the test especially Quant+ RCs+DI.

Automation of medical facilities at a hospital
GD was case study based. We were divided into groups of 8 and then we were allotted around 20 minutes to discuss the problem among ourselves and then finally come up with a solution which was to be demonstrated on a flip-chart and then was to be presented in about 8-10 min
Prepare for case studies from HBS Case Study and Wetfeet Case Study guides.

Only one round of interview was conduced. It was mostly HR based and the resume was discussed along with some common questions like the biggest failure and sucess in life, etc.Only one technical question was asked & the interviewers were very supportive and encouraging.
The key is to be yourself and take your time to properly frame the answers and then reply withconfidence.

• HBS Case Study,
  • Wetfeet Case Study guides,

PayPal risk analyst interview

FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Risk Analyst role at PayPal
Test Behavorial Interview HR Interview Case Study Interview

CGPA cutoff was 7.0.The test was based on quant.
No special preparations though CAT preparation and CFM and NCFM tests will help you crack the test. Also its beneficial to have general finance knowledge.

Behavorial Interview

The first round is where they'll examine your communication skills required client- company interactions.

In HR round expect some thorough questions on you resume. Mainly if any of your project or internship is similar to the profile offered. They will dig deep down!The other half of the HR round was around the company. Good if you know about thecompany first hand.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: If you know the e-mail ID of a person and were asked to hack his account how would you go about it? (Without hacking fundaes).
  • Question 2: How many A4 sheets are sold in India per day?
Last one was based on case studies. Your approach is more valued than the end result.

RBS risk analyst interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Risk Analyst role at RBS
Test Technical + HR Interview

Few questions on aptitude, and maths but mostly on finance, especially on valuation and ratio analysis
Go through basic ratios in finance and be thorough with concepts like regression.

Technical + HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What is time value of money?
  • Question 2: Logistic regression
  • Question 3: What is Baye's theorem
  • Question 4: Questions on Bond mathematics, etc.
Certifications like FRM would be a great advantage. Try to do projects in analytics which are related to finance as well.