Research and Development

Research and Development Interview Questions and Tips

Saint-Gobain Research India (SGRI) research and development internship interview

Sivapriya VellaichamyFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at Saint-Gobain Research India (SGRI)
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

I took a lot of time to prepare a proper resume, had made several drafts each time modifying with minor changes.
Prepare a good one and give it for proof reading to seniors (as many as possible) then think if the suggestions make sense and modify

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell about yourself
It was the first question hence i hesitated and stammered a bit but managed to say something
Have something prepared. Its a standard question

Just be relaxed
Stay calm and divert him to your strong point

Samsung Electronics India Software Operations research and development internship interview

Anvesh BagaryFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at Samsung Electronics India Software Operations
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Favourite Data Structure(questions on that)
  • Question 2: Questions on Structures, pointers(in C)

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why Samsung?
  • Question 2: What did you read about Samsung Noida on Quora?
  • Question 3: What are the latest Samsung products and their new features?

• Introduction To Algorithms (Cormen),
  • Introduction To C++,
  • Data Structures And Algorithms (DSA),

AdityaFresherSelected
Test Group Discussion

• Section 1: Aptitude
  • Section 2: Coding
There will be 60 aptitude questions consisting of English and Quant. Duration is 60 minutes. Questions are of basic level but may take time. It all comes down to time management.

There are three coding questions for 60 minutes based on DP, etc. Questions are not too tough. Doing atleast two should be easy for many.
Solve English questions first in Section-1.

Applying Technology in Digital India
You will be given a topic and five minutes to think about it. Then students are randomly asked to talk about their ideas for 3-4 minutes. Recruit crew will ask you questions as you go. There will be no debating, etc.
Try using some Comp Science terms to make them impress.

• Introduction To Algorithms : Thomas H. Cormen,
It's a reputed company on a global scale.

ITS Planners and Engineers research and development internship interview

Minu AswanthFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at ITS Planners and Engineers
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

I was not a part of this experience.

The interviewer mainly asks about the projects that you have done. The company mainly wanted developers. The interview happened through Skype. The interviewer looks at your resume and asks you questions related to the projects you had done on web and app development. He also asks about other web technologies that they are working with, mainly PHP.

Mercedes-Benz research & development interview

Sameer RokadeFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT role at Mercedes-Benz
Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview

I got shortlisted for almost all the core companies I applied for. I had also applied to those companies which did not fit my profile as a backup.
Start working in your resume as soon as possible. I have observed that the most important criteria for resume shortlisting is CPI. So, try to give your best performance in tests. Get your resume verified by your friends.

60 mins Minutes
  • Section 1: Quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning
  • Section 2: Technical aptitude
I solved most of the questions.
Review the topics you have studied previously. Practice as many aptitude tests as you can.

Be yourself. Try to relax. Feel free to communicate.
I was interested in working in the cutting edge research and development. So, I applied for Mercedes-Benz Research and Development. Their requirements were coinciding with our course curriculum.

Philips Healthcare research and development internship interview

Bhagyesh ChaturvediFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at Philips Healthcare

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself
  • Question 2: What are your interests?
  • Question 3: What do you know about Philips Healthcare?
Decent experience, mainly talked about my projects. No technical questions were asked.
Read up a little bit about the company and the sort of projects they have. Try to show them how the projects you have done align well with the work they do at Philips HIC.

EdgeVerve research and development internship interview

VeekayFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at EdgeVerve
Test Technical Interview

Questions were easy, if you know basics.
1. Learn syntax of all the functions and everything in the programming language you are comfortable with.(preferably C/C++ or Java).
2. Be thorough with basics like linked list, stack, queue, tree, pointers, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell us about yourself.
  • Question 2: What are your interests? Which is your favourite course/topic in CS?
First, they asked about my interests.
Then on that particular topic, I told them as my interest.
And them some questions based on basic data structures.
Lastly, they asked about my previous work experiences(if any) and my previous interviews for the internship.
Be confident about what you say.
Try to explain what you know of a topic/data structure clearly.

Saint-Gobain Research India (SGRI) research and development interview

AnonymousExperiencedSelected

Well, I got shortlisted
Make sure to include EVERYTHING you've done and every course you've taken. You never know what catches the short lister's eye

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Explain how you will place heat and light sensors in a room with glass facade on one side
  • Question 2: What is a best-fit curve?
  • Question 3: Assuming that the best-fit curve is a line, Derive the line equation using the end constraints(limits)
  • Question 4: What kind of sensors can be used to collect heat and light based data?
Be confident and frank. Talk with honesty. If your inspiration is batman, go ahead and say it (if asked). It can go a long way in making an impression on the interviewer

Vineeth RaviFresherSelected
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Other Interview

Be honest and have complete understanding of what you have written in your resume

Be patient and give answers , Do not jump to conclusions

Other Interview

Be relaxed before the interview / test for every company. Do not prepare by studying all night etc , doesn't help , Go through the profile of the company before coming for the interview
Interested to gain knowledge in this field

Tata Research Development and Design Centre research and development internship interview

Varanasi Akshay KumarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Research And Development role at Tata Research Development and Design Centre
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

I feel I got this internship because , I did a project under my professor which was related to the internship's profile (micro-structure evolution) My project was coding in python to read the data and analyse.
I don't know any.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about your project
  • Question 2: Did you do Linear algebra and partial differential equation course?
I told about my project and how did I solve the problems faced during it. I did both the courses.
Be thorough with what you have done.
Should do a project under a professor
I wanted a research internship which is related to metallurgy.