Project Trainee

Project Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

IBM ISL project trainee interview

Piyush RamanFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIIT Jabalpur for Project Trainee role at IBM ISL
Test Test Resume Shortlist Technical Interview Technical Interview

- Minutes
- questions
  • Section 1: Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
Easy and repetitive questions. Low cut-offs ( every one qualified this round )
Practice past year questions from indiabix. IBM GBS / ISL have common aptitude test

- Minutes
- questions
  • Section 1: OS / Computer Networks / Data Structures / DBMS / C++ OOPS
Questions from - Operating Systems ( process / deadlocks ), Computer Networks ( basics and numericals ), Tree based questions, DBMS basic query, OOPS using C++
Basics of each. Not in-depth. I solved questions from OS / Data Structure-Algorithms and some C++ OOPS based questions only. CLeared the cut-off

Resume shortlisting. Pointer appeared to have some weightage. Everyone above 8 CPI was selected. I was the only one below 8 as far as i remember.
1-page CV. Modify your CV according to opening. My profile demanded focus on OS / Computer Networks. 2 main projects. Don't mention anything that you are not confident about. Future interviews were Resume based for me.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Some basic questions on Data Structures and their application.
  • Question 2: Discussion on my project on Parallel Programming using MPI
  • Question 3: Discussion on my project on Sockets API in Linux
Each discussion started with what all i did in the project followed by qucik cross-questions based on what i said. Asked me for my technical skills. I had only C and C++ in the languages. Asked if i knew any other language, to which i said I don't since none of my projects involved any language other than C/C++, but I would be willing to learn any new language if needed.
Be thorough with the projects. Don't worry too much about languages and haveing a huge technical skill set

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Discussion on Sockets, TCP vs UDP, Ports in Linux
  • Question 2: Discussion on the project relating to system programming.
  • Question 3: How does a system call actually work?
Cross questioned from whatever i answered

• Operating System
  • Computer Networks
  • System Programming ( Basic )
  • C++
  • OOPS using C++
Focus in accordance iwth the profile being offered. My job profile required proficiency in OS / Computer Networks and hence the entire interviews were based on these two.

• Galvin for Operating Systems,
  • MINIX by Tenenbaum for practical details relating to Operating Systems,
  • Mastering C++,
  • TCP./IP Volume 1 by Doughlas Comer for Computer Networks,
  • Beginning Linux Programming,
Focus on practical details instead of studying just theory. Stay confident.
I wanted to work for a system software developmentr company relating to OS / Com puter Networks only.

TATA Steel project trainee internship interview

Darshan RajFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Project Trainee role at TATA Steel

Somewhere in the middle of the interview they asked me about my hobbies and I said watching regional movies and they asked me who is my favorite hero, first I said Mahesh babu and their wasn't any reaction from the other side so I added saying " In bollywood Salman Khan". and then there was a little smile.

Caterpillar Inc project trainee internship interview

Bhargava Ramu Ch S SFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Project Trainee role at Caterpillar Inc
    Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

Mention your skill set that might be apt for intern profile.

They were asking general questions related to programming and wanted to know my expertise in being able to code in python and c++
    command over basic algorithms ( search, sort etc ) would suffice.