Project Engineer

Project Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Man MohithFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at VIT Vellore for project engineer role at Wipro
Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

There is no much importance given to resume. Make a simple resume, with your basic details, percentages of your degree,inter and 10th. Put some columns for hobbies, achievements etc. Describe all your projects done in your entire degree (3 projects are enough).
You can impress as much as possible with your resume. Put all the achievements you have done in your entire degree in the resume. Even if you don't have any, don't worry no one is going to check your resume during your interview.

• Section 1: APTITUDE TEST BY AMCAT
Similarly, like other IT companies accenture, cognizant WIPRO also conducts an aptitude test by AMCAT. You must good enough at aptitude,logical and english. But in addition to these subjects, WIPRO conducts basic C exam. So, this exam consists of 4 sections- aptitude,logical,english and basic C. All sections are of multiple choice questions only.
Good news is that WIPRO is the only company that conducts this exam only for the candidates who have CGPA below 8 at the time of placement. Just be thorough with the aptitude, logical, english and basic C.

NOT GROUP DISCUSSION, IT IS AN ESSAY WRITING TEST
This is very simple round in the selection process. So  no one consider this as they know that every candidate will be using mobile phone to complete his essay. This might be the reason, in some colleges WIPRO conducted JAM( JUST A MINUTE) round instead of this round. They just give some simple topics and you have to write/talk using some good vocabulary.
They just check your vocabulary and your way of approach to the topic. If they are conducting JAM. They check your confidence and way of talking. This is not a round you must worry for.

Interview Questions
    If you are in Interview round, you are almost 80% qualified for the post. Just be good at your basics of your core branch. For e.g, as I'am from EEE branch, they asked me about transformer,diode,analog to digital converter,etc some very basic questions about core. And also be good at C, some times they'll ask to write some basic programs like swap two numbers. definitions of array,union,pointer,structure,functions etc.
    Be good at basics of your core branch and basic. They may also ask about any random project that you put in resume. Make sure that you can explain your project well with confidence.

Interview Questions
      This is very easy one. Just prepare before itself about what to say for ''TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF''. Because this the compulsory question for every candidate. There is a bond of 18 months during our time. So they'll ask weather you are ready for that bond. Say YES with confidence. They'll also ask ''WHY YOU ARE CHOOSING WIPRO'' or ''WHY YOU ARE CHOOSING IT FIELD''. Give some valid points that impress them. Finally, they'll ask if you have any queries. Prepare well for these questions.
      Be confident, because this is just a casual conversation between you and interviewer. Show your desperation at every moment even though job is not your primary target.  Make sure that person mustn't know that you are planning for higher studies.

Wipro star - project engineer interview

PranjalFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Varanasi for STAR - PROJECT ENGINEER role at Wipro
        Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
        • Section 2: Basic Programming (In any one: Java,C,C++,C#)
        This process took in my campus and the experience I'm going to share corresponds to the STAR Hiring program that take engineers in a software oriented domain from few IIT's at CTC : 9 LPA + Incentives.

The questions in both the sections were quite simple. If your a CAT Aspirant you'll easily walk through it. Still if you're not little brush up will do it. There might or might be negative marking.

The programming section is very basic, like:
        Prime numbers from 1 to 100 having a difference of 4 between two consecutives.
        Odd factors of all numbers from 1 to 100.
        Even Armstrong numbers between 1-100.
        String reverse. Like that..
        Speed, Time complexity of your code, Logical Reasoning.

To put it bluntly.
          1. Know your Resume. For starters, it'll be like to tell him about yourself kind of stuff. Then he will get details of your Resume.
          2. Be aware of the latest happenings & technologies in IT services.
          3. Try to relate your Projects to the profile your applying for, like to coding software, Big Data analysis and HDFS framework.
          4. Be ENERGETIC. Look LIVELY.
          5. Study in detail about OOPs Concepts in JAVA (their properties Encap,Inherit,Poly,Abstra), connect them with real life objects.
          5. Try to use one-liners with emphasis on heavy words.
          6. Wait and ponder over before you answer.
          7. Do not forget to ask questions in the end. Like,
          "What do you like the best about WIPRO?"
          "What will be the training process be like, if I'm selected?" likewise.
          Be confident. Be Energetic. Interact with him. Keep your hands on the table. Sit comfortably, don't lean too much.

Interview Questions
            General questions. Reseach the company before hand, so that you can relate your work, your passion with the objective of the company, ie. a coder who knows a lil about market, has got good grades, and is aware of latest innovations. Interact with him using your hands.
            Don't mug up things. Jot down the imp points in a dairy and read it before the HR round.

• Latest Technologies
            • Communication
            • Apptitude
            • Basic Coding
            • Java Programming
            If your from circuital branch, there will be questions from Data structures, Linked Lists, Stacks, Machine learning etc.

• CAT Materials,
            Videos
            Growth, scope of exploring your potential.

Wipro project engineer interview

Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Warangal for Project Engineer role at Wipro
            Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: English
            • Section 2: Aptitude
            There were 20 Aptitude questions and 20 English questions and overall time allotted was 40 mins.
            The Aptitude section was of level-1 & level-2 type which took less time than English. Apti questions include time-work, trains etc,.
            In English there were 2 Paragraphs(3-5 questions on each paragraph). Other questions in English include error detection, Choosing the appropriate word, Synonyms etc,.
            Try to write 1 or 2 Aptitude Papers a day before the exam to boost your confidence level.

• Section 1: Coding Round
            Once 1st round is cleared with some minimum marks, you will be directed to 2nd round. If not cleared, you are out of the process.
            There is only one Coding Question & it is a simple question. The question is you are given a,b(<a),n. You should find out how many numbers are there between a & b {both inclusive} such that the number is a prime and also the sum of it's digits is divisible by n.
            You should be very careful while writing the code. Everyone knows the logic here, but one who programs fast will have bright options.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Why there are so many languages? (like c,c++,java,..........)
            • Question 2: Program to find the angle between the hours hand & minutes hand (just asked me the approach)?
            • Question 3: Write an Example to expalin Encapsulation
            As soon as I entered the Interview panel, I was little nervous. To my surprise both Technical & HR were sitting there. They offered me some water. As I was thirsty, I accepted and thanked him. :-p
            The Technical Interview Experience was good. He mainly focused on the way we communicate.
            Explain your approach in a proper way. He mainly focuses on your English.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Why Wipro?
            • Question 2: How many medals India won in recent Olympics(Rio) and who won?
            • Question 3: When do you get Angry?
            • Question 4: What you do when you get angry?
            • Question 5: What do your friends say about you if I ask him to tell something about you?
            • Question 6: What do you do in your free time?
            Actually both Technical & HR rounds were parallel & one after the other asked the questions.
            He went through my Resume and posed some questions related to resume. My Experience with HR was not at all good. I was stuck in some questions like why Wipro? May be I impressed the Technical person sitting beside the HR.
            Be prepared with some basic HR questions like Tell me about yourself? Why should we Hire you? Why this company? etc..

• Approaching A Problem
            • Aptitude
            • Basic Coding
            • 1)communication Skills

PRIYANKA CHOUDHURYFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at SRM University for PROJECT ENGINEER role at Wipro
            Test Group Activity Interview Interview

• Section 1: APTITUDE
            There were two parts : Aptitude and English.
            The Aptitude part consisted of questions related to Maths which were quite easy.
            The English section consisted of reading comprehensions.
            Read the questions carefully because some of them might be lengthy.
            Apply quick formulas so that you save time on each question.

Group Activity

We were asked to write an essay on a topic.
            My topic was "Global Warming".
            This was not an elimination round.
            Writing essay requires a good fair of English and also thinking capability.
            Divide your essay into paragraphs and don't forget to assign a title to your essay.

Interview Questions
              The technical round was quite simple for me as the interviewer asked me few simple questions related to basic programming. I am not well versed with programming but then I managed because I did study the previous day.
              I was not nervous since I knew I would be able to crack the interview in one go. After waiting for hours and hours, my turn came and finally I went up to the interviewer.
              Be confident and communicate well.
              The interviewers are more interested in how you communicate to them.
              Learn the basics and revise a little before you go to the interview .

Interview Questions
                This was the most simple and funniest round for me as the interviewer asked me only a single question .
                The question goes like " Which place are you from?"
                When you get selected for the HR round, just relax.
                This is not an elimination round .
                The HR's won't ask questions related to your subjects or any academics.
                They would only ask some basic information regarding your life experiences and or will you be able to work in a corporate environment.

• COMMUNCATION SKILLS
                • PROGRAMMING SKILLS
                • TECHNICAL SKILLS
                • WRITING SKILLS
                You should well versed with english and try to communicate well with the interviewer.

• R.S AGRAWAL,
                1. You need to be confident.

2. Drink lots of water.

3. Dont discuss anything with your neighbours during the interview process.

4. Dont overthink.

5. Be positive.
                A highly-motivated, productive and customer-focused team player with strong communication, interpersonal,organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills. Reliable and dedicated with the ability to grasp and apply new procedures quickly; organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and adapt readily to new challenges.

Accenture project engineer interview

Prakash KumarFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at KIIT University for Project Engineer role at Accenture
                Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: Aptitiude
                • Section 2: Reasoning
                • Section 3: Verbal
                It was an adaptive test so level of question increases as u make the answer correct but overall average set of questions were there.If you have practiced well you can sail trough it.
                Focus more on timing to solve question and solve it at one go.....

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
                • Question 2: Extempore:Honesty is best policy or not in today's world?
                • Question 3: GD:Taking dowry is justifiable or not?
                • Question 4: Why Accenture should hire you?
                The questions were more to check your communication skills than your knowledge... They were checking spontaneity in your communication...
                Be confident when you speak, maintain eye contact and try to express yourself in best possible way.....

• Body Language In Interview
                • Smartness
                • 1)communication
                Perform GD with your friends on current topics.That will enhance your knowledge regarding what is happening around the globe along with your communication skills....

Videos
                • Quant Tricks From Youtube,
                • Interview Videos On Youtube,
                • Plc/scada,
                • Industrial Engineering,
                • Core JAVA Courses,
                • C++ And Data Structures,
                Be in regular practice of quant,verbal and reasoning with different websites, company previous year questions.. Perform English speaking with your friends daily at least for 30 minutes daily that will do a wonder during Interview or GD.
                Its work culture.

Wipro project engineer interview

Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for PROJECT ENGINEER role at Wipro
                Case Study Interview Group Discussion HR Interview

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
                  No one would be eliminated in this round. They will provide you ample time - around 40-50 minutes to write a response on a case study. The topic would be new and unheard of, but you can think and write peacefully in that amount of time.
                  Make sure you highlight the points made and do remember them for the Group Discussion phase.

One-third of the guys will get selected for the interviews from each group of 8-10 guys. The topic of the GD would be same as the case study. Now, its time for you to recall the points you made during the writing section. The GD will last for around 15-20 minutes.
                  Good communication skills, relaxed but expressive tone. Don’t be silent and try to speak up whenever you get a chance. Try to bring new air into the discussion and think from all the different perspectives. You should speak at least 2-3 times, even if you just say 1-2 sentences each time. That will do. They also individually ask each person to speak, specifically those who could not speak, but you had better not be that guy or girl. There is no need to fight for summarizing the GD. Try to show that you are involved throughout the GD.

Interview Questions
                    There will be two guys, one from technical and the other HR. They both ask questions at the same time and they discuss among each other as well. They mostly try to detect any fraud or fake thing you did in your project or intern. All the technical questions come from your CV. So, your fate is kind of in your hands only.
                    Prepare hard for Projects, Internships etc. Don’t panic. They try to see how you react in a pressure situation and actually behave as if you are not impressing them. Just be calm and keep on speaking. If there is something you want to say and they interrupt you, its better you ask them to give you a chance to explain it in details. Do have a few questions in mind to ask them about your job profile and Wipro. That is the final nail in the coffin.

A minimum CGPA of 8.0 was mentioned and later they relaxed it to 7.9. They were giving quite some importance to the Internships and Projects undertaken and were trying to judge if you actually did something new and genuine. They were dwelling deep into it. As I said, prepare well for them just like you prepare for BTech Project Viva. They do ask a lot of questions.HR questions should be prepared thoroughly. A background check of Wipro and IT sector companies is a must. Prepare well for group discussions. Try to get background information about the IT sector and the company. Prepare your CV thoroughly.

Wipro project engineer interview

Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for PROJECT ENGINEER role at Wipro
                      Case Study Interview Group Discussion HR Interview

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: Should “Social Media” technique be used for educational purposes.
                      Its not an elimination round, you can go with your informal clothes on.
                      Any one who has prepared for day 1 and day 2 companies will get through this round. Just read news papers and learn to shoot graphs here and there even if it has got absolutely no facts and definitely practice to write a lot. Be prepared with both for and against the topic coz the interviewer keeps changing the topic in between the GD.The topic was same as that of the case study Don’t write bullet-ed points, this makes your cases look small. Try applying your vocabulary spectrum. Try to give exhibits even if you don’t know any facts.

12 students on the table, one interviewer.
                      Play old school .But don’t wait for your chance, just break into it, but with a gentlemanly attitude. Try giving examples. Throw arbitrary facts to prove your points, if you don’t remember the real figures.

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself and about the company
                      • Question 2: Who is the present CEO
                      • Question 3: Extra-acads related questions
                      • Question 4: Coding related questions(only if your CV shows you are a coding studd)
                      Two interviewee were present.
                      Don’t start with your brilliancein your core subject. Tell them you hate your department. Convince them that you won’t ditch them for a Ph.D or an MBA. Tell them you have a friend at Wipro who keeps giving you intel about how great the company is. Look confident and if at times you can be funny, they will appreciate it!!

8 and above CGPA is required. Later it was lowered to 7.9, mine was 7.98. They mainly ask HR questions, so being involved in Extra-academic activities gives you more that you can talk of. I had an eye for coding in C++. Helped me on this, but my extra-acads list was enough. Coding was just a bonus. If they are non core its better. But my both the internships were core based. You just have to convince them why you are dropping from core.

Wipro project engineer interview

Application
                        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for PROJECT ENGINEER role at Wipro
                        Interview Group Discussion Interview

Interview

Interview Questions
                        • Question 1: Should “Social Media” technique be used for educational purposes.
                        Its not an elimination round, you can go with your informal clothes on. Any one who has prepared for day 1 and day2 companies will get through this round. Just read news papers and learn to shoot graphs here and there even if it has got absolutely no facts and definitely practice to write a lot.

12 students on the table, one interviewer.

Interview

Interview Questions
                        • Question 1: Tell me something about youself
                        • Question 2: About the company
                        • Question 3: Who is the present CEO
                        • Question 4: Extra-acads related questions
                        • Question 5: Coding related questions(only if your CV shows you are a coding studd)
                        • Question 6: Situation based questions

8 and above CGPA is required. Later it was lowered to 7.9, mine was 7.98. They mainly ask HR questions, so being involved in Extra-academic activities gives you more that you can talk of. I had an eye for coding in C++. Helped me on this, but my extra-academics list was enough. Coding was just a bonus. If they are non core its better. But my both the internships were core based. You just have to convince them why you are dropping from core.

Sabyasachi SahooFresherSelected
                          Application
                          I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Project Engineer role at Wipro
                          Test Technical Interview Hr round

• Section 1: EXAM/Test
                          one simple coding question which could be solved in 10 mins, on array having negative nos and positive nos, we had to find the central positive number.
                          it was around 30 mins
                          45 minutes English and analytical reasoning
                          both exam were conducted by cocubes
                          try to complete the coding

aksed about my mtp
                            they were confirming whether i will stay or not as i didnt have anything regarding coding.
                            Difference between pointer and link list
                            Why use pointers
                            Different types of calls
                            Be bold if don't know the answer say simply

Hr round

Tell me about yourselves
                            Simple managing questions
                            Weakness and strengths

Polaris Consulting project engineer interview

Application
                            I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Hamirpur for Project Engineer role at Polaris Consulting
                            Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

• Section 1: aptitude test, java, DBMS
                            basically i am from ECE so for my DBMS ws little bit hard. But over all ws good.
                            For cse jst need to brush up der basics. But ECE students have to praticle very hard

Should social networking sites be banned in office
                            should have good knowledge on current affairs and good comm skills. Don't wait for Ur chance just do it.

Interview Questions
                            • Question 1: about project
                            • Question 2: what is pointer, Oops concepts indetail, basic DBMS, one program.

• Basic Knowledge Of DBMS
                            • Java Programming
                            • Algorithms And DataStructures
                            • Apptitude

• C++ The Complete Reference,
                            • 4th Edition,
                            • Test Your C Skills-Yaswant Kanetkar,
                            • For Aptitude Prepare QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE By R.S.Aggarwal,
                            don't b tensed, interviewer are friendly so no need to take any kind of tension.
                            On campus
                            After announcement of results HR gave belt to us for GPL of placed students and while GPl he took pics of us. It was around 9t 12am. :P