Programmer Analyst Trainee

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

Chetna TutejaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at SRM University for Programmer Analyst Trainee role at Cognizant

• Section 1: Aptitude test
It was a normal test.. You have to only keep in mind that time duration might be less.. So time management is quite necessary.. I lacked a bit of that.. But still, i cleared the test. :)
Work on ur time management.Complete all the solved and unsolved questions from RS Aggarwal.
Do practice tests on skill rack website. It would be very much helpful.Practice from some more online sites like fresher's world, India Bix, etc.

Interview Questions
    They firstly asked questions related to my resume like i added my area of intrest as electronic devices, so on that some basic questions. Then i mentioned in my resume about the paper presentation i did at IIT,Roorkee, so they asked me details on that topic. After that they asked me about my final year project, as i told them briefly, they asked about micro controller and processor as they were used in that. Then i was asked if i know any computer languages, i told C and C++, then they asked me to write a basic program on C++. Then i was asked about my hobbies and all. Dats it. It was a nice experience. They greeted me very nicely and after this interview i was sent for the HR interview.
    Stay confident.Make sure that your resume is nice. Because it creates a great impression on the mind of person who is taking the interview.Work on ur communication skills. Good fluency in english is essential.Choose your area of intrest wisely.Dont mention a lot in ur resume beacuse you might be cross questioned a lost. And make sure that whatever you mention, you are prepared to answer on that.Brush up your Technical skills. For a software company, being a student of any other branch C or C++ are still necessary, atleast the basics. So surely learn that before going.

Interview Questions
      I was given a sutuation that if i am a very good employee of cognizant and i complete all my work on time. And there is one more friend of mine who is also very much efficient and completes all her time on time but she sleeps after doing that during the working hours only. It creates a bad impression on company's profile. So i am asked to talk to her so as she does not do that thing again.. So what would i do ???I answered that nicely and HR was quite satisfied also with my answer.Then he asked me about my hobbies. He said u like participating in plays and all, as i mentioned that in extracurriculars and he said cognizant has a drama club as well  u must surely participate in that. So i was quite happy with his reaction and all.
      Stay confident.Communication skills should be good

• Aptitude
      • C/C++
      • Communication skills (fluency)
      • Logical Skills
      • Reasoning Skills

• RS Aggarval,
      • C/C++ certification,

Ankur JaiswalFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at B. P. Poddar institute of Management and technology for Programmer Analyst Trainee role at Cognizant
      Test Technical Interview HR Interview Resume Shortlist

• Section 1: English Aptitude
      • Section 2: Quantitative Aptitude
      • Section 3: Logical Aptitude
      Thrilling
      Time Management most Important and so is solving the minimum number of question

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: An sql query to find salary, department of employee
      • Question 2: About argc and argv format of main() and which type of programs it is used?
      • Question 3: Wap to find Prime Number
      • Question 4: Tell about encoder, decoder and Multiplexer
      • Question 5: Write the most difficult program of your life
      Quite positive and thrilling. Confidence increases as interview Proceeds
      Stick to basics. Confidence and verbal abilities are most important.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Tell me something cool and different about yourself.
      • Question 2: How to you keep yourself updated with current affairs?
      • Question 3: What are your achievements?
      • Question 4: Are you willing to relocate?
      Positive and energetic
      Good Communication and Eye contact is most important. Tell them about your achievements/

• Basic Coding

• Globsyn Finishing School,
      1. Time management for Aptitude, Specially Quantitative and good vocab

2. Confidence and correct approach for technical interview

3. Confidence for HR
      Cognizant is one of the most respected and fast growing companies in IT sector worldwide.

MAHIMA SARINFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at SRM University for PROGRAMMER ANALYST TRAINEE role at Cognizant

• Section 1: Maths
      • Section 2: Verbal
      • Section 3: logical reasoning
      Maths was easy with simple questions on profit loss, time speed distance, streams and boats, percentage etc.Verbal section had synonyms antonyms along with the reading passages. LR section had very simple questions which could be done easily by applying very little brain.
      Questions generally repeat and online sites like skillrack.com, m4maths help a lot.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: What are star and mesh topology?
      • Question 2: Give the logic of push and pop in stacks?
      • Question 3: what is a database?
      • Question 4: what is a circular linked list?
      • Question 5: what do you mean by tcp/ip?
      Questions are based on your skills and on the resume given by the applicant.
      For technical interview one should have a good idea about the computer languages and the subject studied during the course. If you are a computer student then subjects like data structure, networking, database management should be thorough.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Being a north Indian if you are transferred to Chennai will you be comfortable?
      • Question 2: if you promised a customer for the product on a specific day and your company will not be able to give that product on time then how will you convince that customer ?
      • Question 3: what do you like about Delhi ?
      The Hr round was for a very short duration and we had a very friendly discussion.
      Don't try to be partial towards one state and show them that you are flexible in working in any conditions.

• java
      • c++
      • sql
      • c
      Go through the basics of all the subjects.

• R.S. aggarwal,
      • Arun Sharma,
      • java core from NIIT,
      Be confident in what you answer and if you don't know the correct answer it is better to say no rather than guessing.

Aparajita MridhaFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at KIIT University for Programmer Analyst Trainee role at Cognizant
      Test Technical Interview

nice and easy
        1.Learn to eliminate.It's more important not to spend unnecessary time on questions
        2.Always attend comprehensions
        3. indiabix.com - excellent tests
        4. Do not panic, it's nothing out of the world

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Tell about yourself
        • Question 2: Do you know C Programming?
        • Question 3: Why choose IT ?
        cool and breezy
        1. Always say that u know C Programming.How worse could you be. Atleast know the basics
        2.Why IT ? Because sir, the IT industry is ever expanding and I have always enjoyed seeing how the corporate world works.Immense exposure .... bascicallly be honest and pretend that being a software engineer was your sole motto since your birth.

• Confidence
        • How analytical you are
        Choose at least 2 favorite subjects and brush up tids and bits<br /> Google "Basic programs of C one must know" eg : even-odd, prime, Fibonacci etc...

• Arun Sharma for CAT- level 1 is good enough,
        • Logical Reasoning for CAT by ARIHANT,
        • Let Us C,
        Chill and be smart

IF you are poor in english, do not loose hope.All the see is if you can explain to them what you want to

No-one ever gives a damn about grammatical errors
        Honest people

No-bond i.e. you work at your will.

US-based and lots of opportunities abroad

Casuals :p

Sarthak SahuFresherSelected
        Test Technical Interview HR Interview

The test is easy. As the test is adaptive so it is quiet helpful. U will get enough time.
          Just practice a bit of apti and eng

Interview Questions
            As i am from non cs it branch so i was a bit nervous.But as i had a bit knowledge about programming so i was a kind of confident.They mainly asked about my projects and training as i explained the elaborately, they usually ask about process diagram and if you explain them well then the panel will feel good and they will take more interest in you.
            Just stay confident and explain like you are convincing them

Interview Questions
              Once you give a good performance in technical interview then you have hr interview. Which is nothing complicated.The just ask about your life and about your family. They constantly monitor your body language and fluency.
              Be genuine and be confident and expressive.

• Logical
              • Problem solving
              • Body language
              Just be confident and genuine.
              Fear of being jobless.
              In hr interview you will have many funny moments.

Fungurukul Edu Systems programmer analyst trainee internship interview

Anurag PrajapatFresherSelected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at BP Poddar Institute OF Management & Technology for Programmer Analyst Trainee role at Fungurukul Edu Systems

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: How to tackle tough technical interview?
              Hey folks,
              Interview is more of your confidence. From my panel, I was the only one to get selected for the HR Round and hence the job.
              When I sat on the hot seat, the interviewer started throwing questions to me from second year and 3rd year... and that too Discrete Mathematics. I was scared a bit, but I recollected my courage and answered... The question was ... " What is pigeon hole concept?" - I had an answer.. Then came technical questions... What is Shell Sort? It was not in my syllabus throughout the curriculum. I didn't say this to the interviewer though.. I thought it leaves a bad impression. I said, " Sir can I explain Merge Sort na d Quick Sort instead?" He said Okay.
              Then I kept on explaining in the best way I could.
              I was confident throughout and greeted everything with a a smile.
              Confidence+ Smiling face + Preparation

• Algorithms And Data Structures
              • Algorithmic Approach To Problem Solving

Arindam MohapatraFresherSelected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at KIIT University for programmer analyst trainee role at Cognizant
              Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

basic questions..can easily be cleared

Interview Questions
                  basic knowledge about your branch subjects..make your basic fundamentals strong ....questions are moderately tough....about c language ...just few hand picked programs

HTC Global Services programmer analyst trainee interview

Application
                    I was interviewed on-campus at PSR Engineering college for Programmer Analyst Trainee role at HTC Global Services
                    Test Essay writing HR Interview

This test consists of ten programming questions which we need to write on piece of paper and it's on three languages C,C++, Java programming skills are tested here
                    Basic Java is sufficient

Essay writing

They will give some topic based on that you need to write an essay within specified time
                    Creative thinking

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: Why you chose IT
                    Simple questions are asked which decides your answer of your interview attempt
                    Both mind and heart should be thinking d same thing be natural don't pretend