Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET]

Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] Interview Questions and Tips

Escorts Agri Machinery post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Shahwaz KhanFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] role at Escorts Agri Machinery
Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

Is Social_Media good or bad ?
There were 62 people who were called for GDs, the shortlisting criteria was CGPA > 6.5, it seems everyone was called whoever applied. Accordingly groups were made, 9 people/group, prior to me there were 3 groups, even for them topics were general : Media, Corruption not aware of last one. GDs were being held early morning; so, many people didn't turn up and few were placed in prior companies; so, later groups were formed in number < than required, 9 people/group.
In my group there were 6 people; 2 mins. were given to prepare & 6 mins. to debate/discuss as per topic. 6 mins. because we were 6 people in the group earlier groups were given 9 mins. as they were 9 people, basically 1 min/person. Language was not the barrier you can speak in any language you are comfortable with: English, Hindi or Hinglish.
I started the discussion in English with a quote, regarding technology. Everyone else started supporting the positive aspects of Social_Media, so it became more of discussion rather than being a debate, with time it ended peacefully. I was the one who concluded it, because I spoke a lot, reason being others didn't speak much. It was piece of cake for me, because I have cleared GDs of few other companies whom I was shortlisted.
Don't worry about the language, they don't have any fixed points for English/Hindi/Hinglish. They check your confident, be confident and speak related to your topic. Taking initiatives in beginning/ending of GDs rewards you with extra points. Begin if you have clear cut idea about the topic, don't let anyone cut your point in the beginning only. Don't be nervous and don't raise voice against your fellow people, it can lead to direct rejection. If you can't speak much, atleast make sure you speak 2-3 points, good points, because as time passes by people are done with their points, so points starts repeating, at that instant think out of the box; quotes related to your topic may help.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Types of bearings/gears & their applications ? Questions related to my BTP.
  • Question 2: Is Ceria ( the bed which I used in Design of a Catalytic Converter) cheaper than the bed used in available Catalytic Converters ?
  • Question 3: Which will have greater load bearing capacity, Rectangle kept in Horizontal/Vertical position ?
  • Question 4: Draw free body diagram of Anti-Lift Tractor(ALT) ? and many more questions related to it.
I was one of the 9 people who were shortlisted from 34 students who turned up for GDs, rest being absent or placed in earlier companies. The interview was good, because after being rejected in interviews of earlier companies, 5 being the number in my case, atleast you get to know your résumé in detail. They asked me many things from my résumé and few things related to Strength of Materials (easy GATE questions); I could answer them.
The questions are simple, you just need to think little bit and speak your mind out. Read basic things related to your specialization and if your specialization is not Mechanical System Design, then please read few basic things related to it. I read DESIGN basics because my specialization was not Mechanical System Design; I was from Thermal Science & Engineering, don't worry about it, we are NO LESS than them.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
  • Question 2: Being from Gujarat why Job and Not Business ?
  • Question 3: Why you want to join Escorts Agri Machinery ?
  • Question 4: We have option between Design & Testing what you would choose?
Describing oneself is the best part of an interview, you brag about yourself and why won't you? you have kept your efforts to reach there. After appearing for many interviews got to know being diplomat works, but being you is what matters. Never lie to yourself, they can see it from your face. Even if you lie, then follow this: “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” ― Adolf Hitler. In my interview I did both, was diplomat at places and was me in other. Had a smiling face and confidence in oneself. I got lucky, because there was one opening for my specialization and I was the only one from my specialization. In the end they gave me an option to chose between Design and Testing, I just said if I would be in likes with Design I would have taken admission in best IITs (B,D,M,K or KGP), my GATE rank was very good; Instead, I would go for testing profile. They just said one thing, you do what you like, that's good.
Believe in yourself and be you. Don't fear if you have to lie, lie with confidence, in this world who doesn't ? Know about company before you make strong decisions, like as I said choosing between Design/Testing? I asked my senior working in Escorts Agri Machinery, he said you can chose anything after training, that's why I chose Testing, because there were good no. of students competing for Design seat and I had no chance to stand among them. Be smart ! Be You ! Don't forget: One Day, One Company & One You, its a Big Plan it will happen. Keep Working. Hope, it Helps. All the Best !

Any language you speak, speak with confidence. Answer everything with a confidence, even if its wrong.

• A Handbook For Mechanical Engineering By Made Easy Publications,
Be confident and don't worry about the competition, prepare well and believe you are the best. Don't be nervous after seeing the interviewer, be who you are.
It was core engineering job, R&D profile, it best suited me.
After few minutes of talk: HR said you talk like an Entrepreneur, we were thinking of absorbing you in Hydraulics & Transmission Profile, but you even suit in Product Manager Profile, we are confused which profile to select you 'IN'. It was LOL moment.

Alstom pget interview

SagarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Delhi for PGET role at Alstom
Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

Criteria was CGPA above 7. Still many above 7 people were not shortlisted including me. But as number of students in CAE profile were around 10, they accepted request of some 10 more students having CGPA > 7.
Highlight each and every aspect of your academics focusing on M Tech project, mini-projects, courses done, internships and Industrial Training, etc.
Don't hesitate to mention the hardships and problems you faced in your career so far and how did you overcome them.

No written tests taken in our campus.

15-20 min. Minutes
Idea of seeing
Very general topic. Not that tough.
When evaluator asks you to summarize the GD, he is not expecting you to keep your views and add more ideas anymore. Instead you must focus on what all things constituted the GD, which person spoke about some new aspect which took GD into a new direction.
I would recommend you to scribble down specific points mentioned by an individual in the GD and highlight them while you summarize.
Please confirm what you are being asked : to summarize or to conclude. Both are different.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself??
  • Question 2: Your background is not mechanical. How will you manage the design aspects of the job profile which we offer as you have studied them the least in your Bachelor's??
  • Question 3: M Tech project area and hows it related to the Job profile offered by them??
  • Question 4: Hobbies and Interest related questions
  • Question 5: Whether you will join in Bangalore or not??
  • Question 6: Do you have any experience in industry??
  • Question 7: You got placed after B Tech?? Where?? Did you join?? Why not??
  • Question 8: Mine interview was at 5 pm, so
  • Question 9: If we offer you some profile other than
Alstom HR was very calm and maintained composure despite some issues with the TnP. As I was in TnP committee (mentioned in my CV), still she was not arrogant with me. I apologized for the hardships they faced with IITD and assured her of making the necessary changes.
Being yourself is best. That way you won't be nervous. Open yourself as much as possible just as they say "Khuli Kitab" type.
One specific advice : Do not counter yourself in any way while you speak. HR people job is to figure out who is REAL and who is FAKE??
So make your CV look as much REAL as possible.
Be clear on your goals. As I was asked whether I would like to work in any other area than "Design and Development", I took a stance of not to compromise on the job profile as this is what I am going to do for atleast 2-3 years. So I made it clear that I won't work in any other area.
Don't make blunders while you speak...
For Eg. When my friend was asked "How was your technical interview??"
He being naive replied, "It was good except that I did a mistake of showing entrepreneurship capabilities."
This clearly showed he was trying to be someone. So don't contradict yourself or your resume.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: About yourself??
  • Question 2: Why didn't you join company you were placed in after your B Tech??
  • Question 3: Why M Tech?? Why Applied Mechanics??
  • Question 4: Why M Tech project in Fracture Mechanics?? How do you relate it to the profile we offer??
  • Question 5: We basically design rolling stock i.e. Shell analysis and design. We would prefer a guy whose major project lies in same area. How do you see yourself fit for the job??
  • Question 6: Explain your M Tech project.
  • Question 7: You have done a course named
  • Question 8: You must be getting stipend, right?? In which course were you as a TA?? What did you learn from the course??
Good. Technical guy was extremely patient to hear every answer I gave. There were no abrupt questions. Only after I finish, he used to ask a new one. Patience in delivering the answer might be of help as Alstom people were having this quality in abundance. It will also give you time to think and repond and not just react hastily.
Clearly he wanted to see how much a person is interested in job rather than just focussing on CGPA which most companies do.
Relate your project and the courses you have taken in your degree with their profile very effectively.
Do not hesitate to ask questions to them about their personal experiences and queries regarding job profile while interview.
There were no direct questions related to any subject like in most interviews you expect. Only explaining the technicalities behind your project work and courses taken was sufficient.

Be confident but do not sound arrogant. So humility helps.

• Read newspapers. Make reading as your favourite past time.,
Read well. Do not be desperate for the particular job. Atleast don't show your desperation. You will have many opportunities in future. This is not the end. Infact its just the start.
Metro is the present and future. To work in design related area in this sector which is just in nascent stages felt challenging.

General Motors post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Prateek TyagiFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] role at General Motors
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

Everyone was called for the interview except 1 or 2 people in the batch. They have divided students into 2 groups as FEA and system modelling. Division was mainly on the project undertaken however we can switch if we want to give interview in the other field.
Focus on your project from the very starting and for sure selection you need to have a good command on FEA(if you opt for that).

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: If we a cut a spring of length L and stiffness K into two equal parts and attach those two parts in parallel then what is the resultant stiffness. ANS- 4K
  • Question 2: What is the natural frequency of simple mass system if we consider the mass of the spring? (With derivation)
  • Question 3: what is the first natural frequency of a semi-definite system? ANS- zero(rigid body motion)
  • Question 4: Design a shaft under bending, torsion and axial loads. Which theory you will use if it is to be made with ductile material? ANS- Tresca or Von-Mises Then questions related to these two theories, graphs, which one is more conservative and some basic questions.
  • Question 5: What is Hydrostatic state of stress and which theory of failure you will use?
  • Question 6: What are different ways of crossing the natural frequency of a system and operating above this condition?
My interview lasts for around 45 min. I have been selected for FEA profile. They have started with the project and some basic questions related to it. My project is deep in FEA and ABAQUS so it added an advantage. Then they moved on to vibration and strength of materials for the next half hr. I was not asked much ques in FEA as I have given decent explanation in my project so mine was completely the other two subjects.
Most of the interview will be dependent upon your project and your knowledge in FEA. If you are good in FEA then only they will check for the other subjects. Good command in FEA, ABAQUS will be an added advantage. Basics in Vibration and Strength of materials are the other subjects to have good understanding.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
  • Question 2: Why GM?
  • Question 3: Situation- If you have said something wrong to someone and now you realize that you were wrong and you have convinced that person that you were wrong and now I am saying the correct thing. They will ask for a life situation when you have done this and what have you learnt from this experience
  • Question 4: How your learning experience(above question) has helped you in your future life? Again a life experience
  • Question 5: Is it that you have started something and then it turns out to be more challenging then you have thought? Life experience
It was a good experience. In FEA profile 3 people got shortlisted for HR round(out of 20 something) out of which 2 got selected.
It was basically a interaction session initally for about 15 min and then they have certain situations and we need to tell how we will react to those situations.It went for another 15 min. No basic HR ques were asked. It was a different but good experience.
Main thing is the technical interview. In this process they are basically checking if you are willing to shift to Bangalore and do you have any plans for Phd. Just be relaxed and say what actually you do in those situations. No need to learn anything, Just be yourself. Read something about the company like latest news and some new technology.

Focus mainly on FEA, ABAQUS will be an added advantage. Basics of Vibration and SOM are must.

• FEM By Bathe,
  • Abaqus Documentation,
  • Vibration By S.S.Rao,
  • Mechanics of solid By Timoshenko,
Focus mainly on FEA and try to go for the basic questions. No formulae, no learning required.
Big company. Couldnt ask for a better company to start. Reputation is certainly a Factor.

Mahindra Susten pget interview

Vivek Annepu FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for PGET role at Mahindra Susten
Resume Shortlist Interview

I've tried to put as much technical projects, seminars as possible and explained the same within 2-3 lines. My concentration was on the M. Tech and my B. Tech projects which i felt would be good enough for getting shortlisted. My resume focuses on technical front rather than PORs. A little bit about my hobbies (No strengths and weakness).
--> Explain your main project
--> Try to write your interests based upon your target companies and profiles
--> For core jobs (non-software) resume holds the key. Try practising the way you want to explain the things from resume in not more than 2-3 minutes
--> Be confident while answering the questions (tone is also important)

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Explain about your project
  • Question 2: Types of grounding in a grid connected solar photovoltaic system
  • Question 3: How do you find the harmonic spectrum of the inverter output voltage ?
  • Question 4: Explain Behaviour of current and the voltage analytically
  • Question 5: How do you synchronise the inverter to the grid ?
  • Question 6: Explain the effect of leakage current on the system ?? Disadvantages
  • Question 7: If the -ve DC is grounded, how does the switching scheme change ?
  • Question 8: Explain some more effects of due to transformerless inverters
  • Question 9: What is DC current injection (from the answer given in the above question)
  • Question 10: Wouldn't there be an AC injection from the grid side?? its effects
  • Question 11: Draw all the existing popular topologies for transformerless inverters and why were they developed
  • Question 12: PLLs cannot be used all the time due to their complexity in implementation? So is there any other method, if so please explain??
  • Question 13: Explain about the parasitic capacitance and its existence
  • Question 14: Various types of PWM techniques
  • Question 15: Explain about P+R control and various current control techniques
  • Question 16: Why don't you use a half bridge topology for a tr. less inverter instead of NPC based inverters
  • Question 17: Explain the effect of parasitic capacitance with proper illustrations
My interview was for 35 min(approx).  There were 4 interviewers in the panel 2 HR and 2 Technical people.
They asked very few HR questions to introduce myself, future goals and area of interest. All the questions asked in the interview are displayed above
I tried to answer all the questions confidently except 2.
Explain your project well.
Definitely some 2-3 tough questions will be asked as they are the experts in the field.
Your pointer doesn't matter if your interview skills and the core knowledge is good

• Books related to Power Electronics,
  • Ned Mohan,
  • Converters for Grid connected Wind and Solar PV applications by Remus Teodorscue,
  • F. Blaabjerg,
  • Circuit Simulation in Power Electronics,
  • Energy Management,
  • Energy Systems Modelling,
  • Distributed Generation and Microgrids,
The JAF details matched with the profile for which i am aiming for.
I along with my friend were talking about each others family background till 3:00 am in the morning on the day the interviews were scheduled at 9 am.I think finally on campus placements are all about luck.

I am an 8 pointer and there are two 9 pointers and an AIR 6 competed with me but my profile was relevant.

John Deere post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Vasant HegdeFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] role at John Deere
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
  • Section 2: Technical ( Electrical, Mechanical, Reliability)
30 aptitude. 30 technical questions
Aptitude section consisted of basic logical reasoning and quantitative reasoning questions. Easily solvable. Nothing too difficult
The technical section was different for different streams. (Mine was thermal stream from Mechanical Engg. ) The paper mainly constituted of thermodynamics and Heat transfer questions like
1) Re number physical significance
2) Pr number comparison of different fluids, which will develop thermally before
3) Laws of thermodynamics
4) CFD questions related to mesh size
5) Bi number significance
and some questions related to Strength of materials.
For aptitude, a general study of basics is sufficient. Don't worry too much.
For technical, mainly concentrate on HMT, Thermo and Fluid mechanics. These were the main topics which they asked.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Describe your project. (Mine was related to CFD simulation)
  • Question 2: Asked about different types of meshes and which is used where.
  • Question 3: Velocity profile and shear stress profile for circular pipe and couette flow. Boundary conditions regarding the same.
  • Question 4: Energy equation and terms in it. There physical importance.
  • Question 5: From energy equation, prove how temperature profile over a flat plate becomes parabolic
  • Question 6: Truss problem. Asked me to draw FBD of each joint.
  • Question 7: Expain engineering and true stress strain graphs and different regions in it
  • Question 8: Compression problem
The interviewer explored a lot into my technical skills. But he didn't grill me a lot. In fact, he was very supportive and helped me whenever I got stuck. The interview went on for about an hour but it didn't feel so.
Don't get nervous. Be confident. They are not there to make you feel inferior or small. They'll help you out.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself.
  • Question 2: Why do you want to join John Deere? Why R&D profile?
  • Question 3: Tell me one situation in your life where you have worked outside your comfort zone.
  • Question 4: How many interviews did you attend before this? What will you do if you get selected in one of those.
Be yourself. Answer all questions truthfully. Show your dedication towards the company.
During technical interview, the interviewer offered me biscuits. I refused. He went on insisting. I told him let's do one thing. For every right answer, I'll accept one biscuit. By the end of the interview, I had completely taken the whole marie b

Alstom pget interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for PGET role at Alstom
Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

C.G.P.A. > 7 was the criteria to shortlist candidates but still many students were not shortlisted. However, after requesting they accepted around 9-10 students of C.G.P.A. > 7 more.
Try to highlight following points in your CV clearly1. About project2. Extra curricular activities3. Position of responsibilities4. Hobby and Interests5. Achievements

No written test taken in IIT Delhi.

Will Modi government take India to better times?
Topic was not so tough, there were 10 students in GD, 2-3 minutes they have given us to think and 12-15 minutes for GD. I only participate 2 times in the discussion but with strong points. At the end of GD they told us to conclude in only one line.
1. Try to participate in the GD as early as possible.2. Enter in the discussion atleast 2 times.3. Listen others carefully, and must appreciate them.4. If somebody is speaking too much and not giving chance to other candidates then try to stop him gently and make effort to bring candidates who were not participated.5. Don't speak too much and try to give some examples or statistics in support of your statement.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself ?
  • Question 2: About hobby and interests.
  • Question 3: Any cultural issue ?
  • Question 4: Anything want to ask ?
Hr was very sober and maintain steadiness irregardless of issues with TnP. But she told us they will think before coming next time for recruitment. However, I will try my level best to convince her for recruitment next time.
1. Be confident, don't be nervous.2. Open yourself as much as possible.3. Explain each and every quality and strength of yourself with examples.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself ?
  • Question 2: Explain your project.
  • Question 3: Want to ask something ?
Technical head was very friendly and calm. He gave me one blank paper and told me to explain the project that I was doing. I explain each every detail of my project work and relate the project to the job profile.
1. Be unique and confident.2. Focus on basic concepts of the courses you have done.3. Prepare a good answer for your project and try to relate the project with the job profile of the company. This will increase your chances of selection.

Just be  what  actually u are. They check stability of candidate on that particular Job profile, Salary and job location.

• Coarse Material ,
  • Revised important subjects of B tech.,

Tata Motors post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Ram MurthyFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] role at Tata Motors
Test Resume Shortlist Technical + HR Interview

• Section 1: Technical
  • Section 2: Aptitude
  • Section 3: Workplace Complacency Section
The test was a very lengthy test with 5 sections for 2 hours. The amount of content that had to be read in the question paper is exceptionally high. There were huge paragraphs to be read and answered. There was an intriguing section, in which a set of tasks mentioned, each of them of unique nature and taking different time for completion and we had to number the tasks in our order of priority, which would ensure the tasks being completed as per time. That particular section was tedious and time taking as we had to read the tasks again and again to fully understand and compare them with each other. Overall, the exam, I'd describe it as more tedious and tiresome than analytically difficult.
One has to maintain the same high level of analytical ability throught the test despite mental fatigue to complete the test in stipulated time. Practicing in that direction would certainly help.

Technical + HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell us a bit about yourself.
  • Question 2: What is your current project?
  • Question 3: Deep technical questions on project.
  • Question 4: The domain we're hiring for is not exactly what you're mastering in. Would you be able to adapt and be willing to do work that you aren't much familiar with?
I answered most of questions asked on my project and other technical questions as well. For the question on non familiarity of work, I answered that I would consider it as a challenge and I'd be excited about such inter domain work as it would be a great opportunity to learn and expand my knowledge.
A good opening statement makes most difference in interview. Being prepared for most of standard questions will prevent anxeity during the first few minutes of interview. When asked about yourself, starting by thanking them for the opportunity will certainly help. Whatever you're saying about yourself in the interview, keep an example demonstrating that quality in hand. And don't lie in the interview, we may think that we can manage by lying, but HR can easily see through it. Confidence and believing in yourself is key to crack any interview. Wear a smile in all appropriate moments during interview.

Escorts Agri Machinery post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Sandeep YadavFresherSelected
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

They put eligibility criteria 6.5 CGPA and also eligible only Mechanical ,Aerospace , Agriculture and Electrical Department only.
i think they called to all the student who have applied and have CGPA >=7. but its depends on no. of students also.

12min Minutes
Is social media contirbute to devlopement in India?
After resume shortlisted there were near about 36 students. so they divided in 4 group with 9 students each. before starting they told that there is no language restriction ,you can use any language Hindi/English/Hinglish.
Always be confident and starting and conclusion give extra point. never make high volume and point towards any of other students.
also during GD they check the Body language also.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Draw indicated Diagram of S.I./C.I. engine and explain.
  • Question 2: why we open inlet valve before TDC and why Spark Plug at given Particular Angle?
  • Question 3: if we change the angle so what effect will oocure.
  • Question 4: Design any Brackng System.
  • Question 5: and also many question related to my BTP and MTP.
Before started the interview they 1st check whole resume and start to explain BTP and MTP. once both the project finished then they start to ask the ask question which i told you. even these question were not related to my any of project. they just simply asked me if in which part you rich S.I. or C.I ?
and start asking ask question related to this.
Behavior of interviewer was very good. in starting if you feel nervous so they will make you comfort very quickly.
always brush up all the basis chapter like IC engine with V.Ganeshan and give all the ans with confidently. if you don't know any ans so don't so directly no, at least try. they will check your approach not exact ans.
Also be prepared with FEM and Vibration.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
  • Question 2: where will you see yourself after 30 year.

• IC Engines : V. Ganesan,

Tata Motors pget interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for PGET role at Tata Motors
Test Group Discussion Interview

• Section 1: Online test
There were four Sections :
1) Verbal
2) DI
3) Mental Ability Test (NTSE level format)
4) Core
Go through all the core related books and summary. Basic CAT preparation.

Media -Judge jury or executioner
There were 8 people in the GD.
The panelists were looking for new ideas and valid points, steering discussion, letting everyone speak, if someone didn't talk at all then encouraging him/her to speak, starting and concluding topic will be added advantage. Basically, all common GD things.
But they were mainly looking for people who put forth their ideas and at the same time manage everyone and listen to everyone's point of view.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How would you specify a pneumatic cylinder to manufacturer ?
  • Question 2: How would you specify spring to manufacturer ?
It was a 55-minute round with three panels, each having 2 interviewees (HR and Tech).

The questions were all rapid fire type until I stopped answering.
e.g
Panelist: How would you design a knife ?
Me: Safety, ease of use, good grip, ergonomics, less effort.
P: What material ?
Me: alloy steel (i was being careful!)
P: What alloy steel
Me: The one which has more wear resistance.
P: What property gives material more wear resistance ?
Me: Hardness
P: How will you increase material's hardness ?
Me: Annealing
P: Wrong, quenching.
Prepare by going through all mechanical engineering stuff and go through all the projects thoroughly. Also, prepare everything in your resume.

I think I got in because of my automobile related projects and internships, especially, Mahindra and Mahindra R & D. I guess the interviewee had made his mind to take me in just by looking at my resume, but still during the interview he was testing my knowledge other than design.

I started my preparations in October but I think starting earlier would have helped. My preparation pattern for the placements was:<br /> Core: Going through all the books again. Reading summery of topics, going through GATE/IES materials in Lan.<br /> Projects: All reports, ppt’s.<br /> Interview: Mock interviews with friends / IITMAA<br /> GD: Practice with wing-mates, some online sites like www.indiabix.com.
Some things that an aspiring candidate should concentrate on:

1) In depth knowledge and be through with your projects.

2) Resume is one of the key things. If not in shortlisting, then at least in final interview it will matter a lot. Take help from everyone while writing your resume, take feedback from maximum people all around you.

3) Practice GD/ Interview a lot, it will boost your confidence. Finally all comes down to your confidence and how you perform in interview. Don’t be stressed, chill out. Before interview have proper food/water and most importantly stay in a chilled out group of people.

4) Know about the company you are sitting for. Get to know beforehand what they are looking for and then sell yourself in that way. It’s all about marketing yourself by projecting your good points with respect to their requirements.

Mahindra & Mahindra post graduate engineer trainee [pget] interview

Ashish NyasavajjulaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Post Graduate Engineer Trainee [PGET] role at Mahindra & Mahindra
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

45 + 30 Minutes
  • Section 1: Quant, Aptitude & Verbal + Technical (Mech)
Conducted through cocubes with webcam enable CCTV monitoring. Ques were easy, but calculations should be done quickly else u'll feel short of time.
Mechanical- thermodynamics, IC engines, solid mech, Theory of machines, Manufacturing.
Many ques in mech were formula based & numerical intensive, so U really need to revise formulas from above topics.
Quant - general prepation from CAT books/ online is good enough.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Totally Based on CV. Especially on core projects
Interviewer thoroughly grilled my CV. I even fumbled many places. He was checking what functions/commands/ toolbox I was using in MATLAB/ solidworks.
Asked me why I choose Annealed steel in my project? Define other heat treatment processes also.
Justify your role in your project(for team project).
Clearly mention your role in project & how u invested time/ energy. Clearly mention & Justify the title of project.
Relevant projects in CV is a + point.
Don't mention software related things in CV.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: walk me through your CV
Continuous flow is reqd: yourself, father, mother, sibling. "I had my internship at XYZ company with project titled ABC". Currently I am pursuing my masters project entitled PQR. My hobbies are ___,.
Que asked:
Why Mahindra?
Why do u choose %xyz% specialization?
How do u see urself in next 5 yrs?
so on....
Mention about some porduct of mahindra , it would be impressive. Dont go to technical secs.
Dont ever miss a telephonic interview. Pick the call first time-- gives good impression.
It was completely what I aspired to do in my career.
Before begin of my HR interview, I asked her name. She felt nice.