Operations Banking

Operations Banking Interview Questions and Tips

Citicorp operations banking internship interview

Sonu SagarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Operations Banking role at Citicorp
Resume Shortlist HR Interview

I applied for a couple of companies before this and learnt from experience on how to write a resume highlighting your strengths.

According to me, I feel writing a resume is like a sales pitch. You have to describe everything about you in a way that you catch the panel's attention all in one sheet of paper.

My advice for everyone would be start making resumes as early as possible and ask seniors for feedback and keep upgrading your resume. You will get to know how to write an attractive resume for a particular profile through experience itself.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself, what do you want to do in your life?
  • Question 2: Why do you want to join operations/finance sector being a civil engineer
  • Question 3: Where can you optimise in civil engineering
  • Question 4: What are the drawbacks of the traffic analysis done these days(civil engineering traffic analysis)
  • Question 5: Why do you want to join our company?
My experience was extremely pleasant. HR was very friendly, even asked me to drink tea and coffee :)
To be truthful, I was pretty nervous but it's not as scary as everyone think it is. HR's are generally friendly and will make you feel as comfortable as they can.

Coming to the questions, I wasn't asked any technical questions and was mainly asked general questions. They just test your proficiency in speaking English and the confidence in your answers.
My tips would be to be cool, be yourself, don't lie and boast(they will get to know of it)
Be sure to know some history about the company and why you want to join it
Be confident in your answers and you have to demonstrate a surity in your answers. i.e you have to have a explanation for every answer you give.

Lastly be confident in your outlook as a whole

English proficiency is a must. Be fluent and confident in your English speaking.
I always wanted to join a multi national company

And citi is one of the major financial service provider all around the world.

It is a 200 yr old company and thus is a very prestigious company.