OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE

OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE Interview Questions and Tips

ZS Associates operations associate interview

Shishir GuptaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Kirorimal College,Delhi University for OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE role at ZS Associates
Test Case Study Interview Case Study Interview Behavioural Interview

• Section 1: ONLINE TEST
All the sections were simple and didn't require any Superpower to crack. The questions were from Quantitative,Verbal,Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation. CAT Preparation was sufficient for this test.As the test is easy, one should be able to solve almost all the questions correctly. The recruiters receive a detailed analysis of your test performance(like the time allocated to different questions etc. I got a glimpse of my performance sheet during one of the interview rounds) and it will be used until the last minute of their recruitment process.
Don't waste time on a single question, as there is no negative marking in test so one should attempt all questions, as it will increases the chances of selection.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Question related to Market Entry of a Domestic Handicraft Company
During this round a booklet consisting of a case is given to every one and you are expected to solve the questions in the case booklet in 30 minutes. We were given a case on market entry of a Domestic Handicraft Company.We were need to understand whole case and then expected to fill a table in the back side of Booklet.
Questions were on Finding Wrong Data in table, What will happen if we combine data from two tables given above,What Checklists should we need to perform before transferring accounts to Accountant.
In this prior knowledge of MS Excel will surely benefit as at the time of Interview, my Interviewer asked me to give a shortcut key for Duplicate Function.
After the case solving is over and the booklets are collected, an interviewer takes the case interview on the same case after some time. She will, in all probability, ask you to explain everything that was done in the case booklet and also some more questions that are not present in the case booklet. She gave me an easy question of Mixtures of Alcohol and Water.(Level was of Class 8th)
You have to be quick with numbers in the data interpretation questions. Questions might be a bit tougher than the usual CAT level.In case you could n’t solve any question in time, don’t worry, you will have ample amount of time to think and come up with an answer before the case interview. While solving the case don’t strain yourself by writing clear and detailed explanations, your won’t have enough time. Work the figures and present the answers. But while you are presenting the case to the interviewer explain everything in detail.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Real Life Problem of a Restaurant
In this round we were given again a booklet consisting of 5 pages (Thank God :p ). Initially we thought this only but after having a look in case, We were not in mood to thank God, because the case was so tricky.
First two questions were simple calculation based but last last two questions were purely logic in which we need to minimize waiters in a restaurant (Some data were given , we need to analyse the data first and then come up with best possible number).
These non-numeric questions generally test your creativity and use this opportunity to impress the interviewer with some good answers.
Practice cases from ‘case in point’ to get a hang of some good cases related to advertising and marketing strategies.

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
  • Question 2: Why ZS ?
  • Question 3: Tell me about an initiative that you have taken and what was its result?
  • Question 4: Questions related to my CV (my internships with UBER, IIM Ahemdabad, my role in BloodConnect)
  • Question 5: Do you had any conflicts with anyone while working in a team ? If yes how did you tackle it ?
  • Question 6: Logical Question.
  • Question 7: Where do you see yourself in next five years ?
The one on one interview lasted for 1 hour 30 minutes with ZS Operations Head. However the ZS Official was really cool and asked me questions by keeping smile on his face, this made me comfortable and I answered all questions nicely with Confidence (which is the key here).
Be thorough with your CV. You should able to discuss ,for 2 minutes at-least, anything that is mentioned in your CV. Have some answers ready for the general HR questions. When asked, don’t just spit them out. Speak as if you are having a conversation with the interviewer. Do not panic during the interview.
In the CV, make sure you mention your exact role during an event/ sport and the result of your work as well. Be prompt and expect the unexpected. While solving the guesstimate make sure you have the right approach to solve the problem. When i was solving the guesstimate, I got stuck after a few minutes. So I told him that I wanted to solve the guesstimate using a different approach. I did but ended up with the wrong answer. It didn’t matter as my approach was right. So don’t worry about the answer, focus on the approach.
Do ask some question if Interviewer asked "Do you have some questions for me".

Oyo Rooms operations associate interview

FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Anna University Chennai for OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE role at Oyo Rooms
Resume Shortlist HR Interview

I have sent my resume through one of my senior who was working in OYO rooms. It may take a bit longer when you directly apply on OYO's careers website.
Since I am into startup field for more than an year I had good experiences in working in leading startups. This gave me an advantage. They looked for people with entrepreneurial and startup drive.
1)Have a good entrepreneurial drive
2)Make sure you have good resume with startup experience.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
  • Question 2: Do you know about OYO rooms?If so say about the company.
  • Question 3: Are you a user of OYO rooms?
  • Question 4: From engineering background why into Operations?Why not Development?
  • Question 5: Who is the major share holder of OYO rooms?
  • Question 6: Are you willing to relocate anywhere?
  • Question 7: Why startup?Why not MNC?
  • Question 8: How can you be of use to OYO?
  • Question 9: What value you can add to OYO?
  • Question 10: Questions about Internships and other things that was listed on resume.
The interview went quite well.Since OYO is a fast growing startup they looked for some startup enthusiast.Since I am being startup enthusiast the interview went very well.We had a discussion about the Venture capitalists of OYO. That discussion impressed them.
1)Make sure you are a startup guy
2)Learn more about OYO(Like achievements,Share holders,Previous year sales etcetra)
3)Dont prepare for this as you are going for an MNC interview.
4)Be casual and cool.Present yourself in a confident manner
1)Be confident and Cool

2)Dont prepare yourself as you are preparing for an MNC interview.This will be completely different from that.
Excellent and fast growing startup.

ZS Associates operations associate interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE role at ZS Associates
Test Case Study Interview HR Interview PRINCIPAL INTERVIEW

• Section 1: Selection Process: Written + Interview (3-4 Rounds) (*As in 2010, but probably the process has changed now. Get in touch with your immediate seniors.)
Written test: 3-4 aptitude questions (CAT type) + 2 subjective HR questions

Case Study
You will be given a case and supporting data about the case. There are no standard cases and hence there is no point discussing the case which I faced. There are 3-4 questions based on the case mainly to gauge your logical thinking and common sense. Try to write whatever you think and do that in a structured manner. Prep case solving using internet (lot of material is available).

Generic questions on leadership, initiative taking, team playing etc. Just prep well before the interview. Follow a systematic approach in all the answers: Describe the context/situation, describe what you did, what you learnt, impact of your actions and finally generalize the learning lesson by demonstrating how you can utilize that lesson in your workplace

PRINCIPAL INTERVIEW

Round 3: Principal RoundIts mainly an extension of HR round but you should be ready to face some weird apti questions and puzzles. I was asked a very interesting question which fortunately I was able to solve (do not remember the details now, but remember using calculus for that puzzle :-|). Rest of the interaction is about the job role and your fit. Keep asking smart and engaging questions. The interviewer will be the head of the office who is a partner. So, this round counts a lot. Anyways your chances are good if you have reached this round because generally it is the last round. Yes, FYI, all rounds are elimination rounds.