Management Trainee

Management Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

Bharat Oman Refineries management trainee interview

Meenakshi MeenaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Bhopal for Management Trainee role at Bharat Oman Refineries
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

60 min. Minutes
  • Section 1: Section 1- Verbal Ability, Section 2- Aptitude, Section 3- Technical Aptitude
Verbal Ability and Aptitude Part were easy. Technical Aptitude ->questions from C,C++-programming , Operating system, and DBMS questions. From Operating system questions on dead lock and from DBMS questions on Transactions were asked.

Interview Questions
    Firstly they asked me about my favorite subjects. I told my favorite subjects as DBMS,Operating System and Data Structure. Then they started asking questions on Android and its Applications. Why do we use android in mobile and how it is different from android in tablet or laptop. Which thing makes Android different from other operating systems. After long discussion on android and its applications they switched on DBMS part. They asked many questions like what is server,what is server integration,how will you connect data from different database servers, what is DBMS, How will you store different types of data like logical, programming and other types of data, How are the networks/servers connected, what are the different types of topology, Which topology is best, Cross Questions on Topology like- If i disconnect this connection what will happen(pointing on a connection between routers), how will i get the data from server if i disconnect it , If these are best topologies then why do we use other topologies...and many more cross questions. As I designed the front end of website they asked me difference between front end and back end design, and other related questions about my website.
    Prepare well the core subjects, and give some approach to each question. They are there only to check your thinking ability that how do you approach to each question and what are your ideas to find the solution of the problem. Do not sit silently.. if you don't know the answer at least give them some approach ,they will definitely provide you the clue....and will help you to find the solution....:)

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    • Question 2: Why are you superior then others?
    • Question 3: What do the other people think about you?
    • Question 4: Why do you proud of yourself?

Bharat Petroleum management trainee interview

Apurva KhapardeFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Bhopal for Management Trainee role at Bharat Petroleum
    Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

Resume was shortlisted on the basis of pointers.

Case-based Group Discussion
    They presented our group with a case and asked everyone to justify their stand on it.
    Be clear in your mind why you are choosing a side and give concise and logical reasons behind it.
    Try to speak first but only if you are well prepared with your points.
    Don't debate.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    • Question 2: What type of novels do you read? ( i mentioned it as hobby)
    • Question 3: Technical questions related to my branch (electrical)
    • Question 4: how mobile are you?
    Basic knowledge of my subjects and project helped.
    Be confident.
    Prepare 1 or 2 subjects of your choice.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
    • Question 2: Why BPCL?
    • Question 3: Why should we hire you?
    • Question 4: Who is your role model?
    • Question 5: Quoted a controversial statement made by my role model and asked my views on it.
    • Question 6: Any interests other than reading?
    • Question 7: Why electrical( my branch)?
    • Question 8: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    The interview was very good, answering honestly and justifying myself with logic helped.
    Be calm and confident.
    Think before you speak, don't be in too much of a hurry.

• Ability To Express Your Ideas
    • Ability To Justify
    • Electrical Engineering Basics
    • Verbal Communication Skills
    Research the company beforehand and know about it.

• P S Bimbhra(Electrical Machines),
    Prepare for frequently asked questions beforehand.

Be confident and calm, smile often.

One of the navratna companies, good package.

ICICI Bank management trainee interview

Dhruv TandonFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at BITS Pilani for Management Trainee role at ICICI Bank
    Test Group Discussion HR Interview

45-60 Minutes
    • Section 1: Psychometric Test
    Answer Questions honestly and consistently because there are in built consistency checks.

Whether Social Media as a platform should be Regulated
    Was a tough GD since everyone was very combative. I spoke above average but not at the cost of interrupting people and sounding rude. I tried to add some structure to the conversation but largely failed because others were just speaking for the sake of their voice to be heard the most.
    You need to show you are willing to listen to people and responsive to arguments brought up. Allowing people who haven't spoken before shows that you are a team player which is a quality that they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me what you know about ICICI ?
    • Question 2: Why do you want to get into the banking sector ?
    • Question 3: Explain your understanding of the profiles offered.
    There is only one interview which is resume based with all HR questions.
    I explained my experience with design thinking which seemed to interest them as most of the questions i received were about my projects on the resume. Brushed up a little statistics before the interview.
    Understand the profile offered and what the work entails and talk about how you match those skillsets.
    Research about ICICI and their products.

• Computation Skills
    • Data handling skills
    • Knowledge about company
    • Convincing skills
    I mentioned that I had an ICICI bank account after which my interviewer grinned.

Reliance management trainee interview

Haseen SiddiquiFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for MANAGEMENT TRAINEE role at Reliance
    Resume Shortlist Test Other Interview

I basically am in core therefore my main focus was towards core projects and core internship.
    Prepare very well each and every point which is there in your resume. Make short and informative resume.

• Section 1: Aptitude and core test
    Aptitude section contains 30 questions for 30 minutes and remaining are from core part. Aptitude questions were from simple mathematics which we were used to do in our schools. Some of them were from English vocabulary.In core part the questions were basically from distillation column, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and Heat and mass transfer.
    Try to solve online aptitude paper keeping time limit in mind. For core part revise portion of Heat and mass transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics very carefully. (Mostly use of Bernoulli Equation, Mccabe thiele design of DC, First and second law of thermodynamics.)

Other Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
    • Question 2: Tell me about the work which you have done at NCL
    • Question 3: Tell me your favorite subject
    • Question 4: What is Bernoulli Equation?
    • Question 5: One problem on Bernoulli application
    It was good. Initially I was nervous but later it was fine. Questions were asked from HR, resume as well as from core section.
    1) Prepare your resume very well and justify your each point in your resume.2) Prepare some HR questions like tell me about yourself, short terms and long terms goal etc.3) Have a smile on your face4) Listen the questions carefully, think for sometime and then answer.

• Knowledge of your field
    • Sincerity
    1) Maintain good CPI ( above 8)2) You should be able to justify your work which you have written in your resume.

• Incropera Heat Transfer,
    • Fox and McDonald's Introduction to Fluid Mechanics,
    • smith and van ness chemical engineering thermodynamics,
    1) Be responsible towards your studies and do not fool yourself2) Attend all classes3) Maintain good communication skills
    The main motivation for the company is my interest in core field and this company will give me a huge platform to work with my skills and knowledge.

HDFC Asset Management Company management trainee interview

Prachi ShastriExperiencedSelected
    Application
    I Applied for job through College campus for Management Trainee role at HDFC Asset Management Company
    Test HR Interview Other Interview Behavioural Interview Stress Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude and GA test
    Easy test.
    General Aptitude and Awareness questions

1. General HR questions
      2. Fast mathematical calculations

Other Interview

Interview Questions
        This was the round with Chief Managers of my Dept.
        Me being a fresher, they asked me questions about my college projects and some basic questions related to Mutual Fund industry and the company.

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
          The next interview was taken by HOD of my Dept.
          Very chilled out interview.
          He asks about your hobbies and strengths & weaknesses.

Stress Interview

The next round was the interview with HR HOD
            He grilled everyone by asking questions whose answers are generally not known very commonly.
            He was judging our communication skills and ability to handle stress.
            Just keep cool.
            Even if you don't know anything, be honest about it.
            Try to divert the conversation to something that you like so that you can speak more about it.

• General Awareness
            • General Aptitude
            • Ability To Make Quick Calculations
            • 1)communication
            Pros:-

People here are of helping nature.

Cons:-

There's not much growth in the company.

Salary is too less for an MBA pass out.
            Brand Name
            My colleagues made me touch my HOD's feet at the time of Diwali.

Tata Motors management trainee interview

Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for Management Trainee role at Tata Motors
            aptitude test Technical test Group Discussion technical interview

aptitude test

The aptitude test consisted of verbal, analytical and numerical questions with sufficient time to answer the questions.

Technical test

The technical test contained questions from almost all the compulsory courses that you may have studied over the past four-five years, mostly conceptual though but there were some numerical questions as well.

Is quality a myth in India ?
            There was a group discussion on the topic ‘Is quality a myth in India? ‘ to eliminate a few students and the rest were selected for the final interviews.

technical interview

Interview lasted for about 25-30 minutes. They started by asking about my interests and backgrounds and then came directly into questions related to my areas of interests. They asked questions about torque transmission through a shaft, I-beams, stress-strain and buckling and a little background about my thesis followed by one basic question related to it. The final 10-12 minutes were spent in discussing the questions that I had asked the interviewers and it also helped in lightening the mood, so I would suggest be ready to ask the interviewer a few questions to show that you are genuinely interested
            During the interview questions were asked mostly from my areas of interests and a little about my thesis and internships. But it is important to know one or two courses very thoroughly.

Do’s and Don’ts :

● Do not take GD’s lightly, I ignored it till the very last moment and did my first GD on the night before the actual GD. It is a shortlisting criteria for many mechanical engineering core companies and you wouldn’t want to lose out there.

● Read about your thesis and internships properly. Many of your interviews would revolve around that only.

● Select one or two major courses and prepare them thoroughly, you may be asked about the courses that you liked at IITK followed by some questions related to it.

● Practice explaining your projects and HR questions with someone.

● Get to know a little about the company before the interview. You may drop that information somewhere during the interview to show your interest. Also be ready to ask a question at the end.

● Don’t copy answers to HR questions from the internet, write your own and try to remember the key points.

● Don’t lose heart if you are not shortlisted or not selected. There are a lot of other options.

Flipkart management trainee interview

Nilaya ThoteFresherSelected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for MANAGEMENT TRAINEE role at Flipkart
              Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion Problem Statement HR Interview Technical Interview

Spent around 3-4 days, mostly taking advice from a friend who had already received a PPO
              Write what you have done, don't fake anything otherwise you have to spend time backing up the fake points for interviews

Practiced some basic minimal CAT material from TIME. Dint spend much time on it. Hence could crack only one test i.e. Flipkart
                Practice CAT material thoroughly

Practiced a few sessions with colleagues.
                Dont talk for the sake of it. Make sensible points.

Problem Statement

Interview Questions
                  was prepared for it because i had only mentioned those points in resume which i had accomplished, dint fake anything and was mostly clear with what i wanted.
                  Experience is the best teacher, you cannot create fake situations to prove your POR's

Interview Questions
                    was clear with all my core work, so dint have problem preparing for it.
                    you should know why you did the project, what you did to accomplish it and what was the end outcome.

• CAT material by TIME,
                      you cannot prepare overnight, all your experience come into use, basically spend your college time doing properly whatever you are doing
                      budding start up

Loylty Rewardz Mngt management trainee interview

Shubham DuttaFresherSelected
                      Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Management Trainee role at Loylty Rewardz Mngt
                      Test HR Interview

• Section 1: 1
                      The test was based on quantitative aptitude and had a few data interpretation questions as well
                      CAT preparation would be helpful. Even if you are not preparing for CAT, practice CAT material or Arun Sharma to sail through the tests

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: We see a lot of finance in your CV, so why analytics ?
                      • Question 2: Did you attend our PPT ?
                      • Question 3: Why Loylty ?
                      • Question 4: Why not higher studies ?
                      • Question 5: How can you contribute to our company ?
                      • Question 6: What were your accomplishments in your previous internships ?
                      • Question 7: What is Apriori Algorithm ?
                      • Question 8: What is Logistic regression and Random Forest ?
                      I was one of the last ones to be interviewed so I was under the presumption that I had lost the company. Since, everyone was just asked about their CV, it was important to show my uniqueness in terms of the skill sets and the answers to trivial HR questions.
                      I complimented their website and said that demonetisation is a boon for the company as there would be more digital currency transactions. I was asked technical questions because I had mentioned those terms in my CV. For most of the other candidates, no technical questions were asked.
                      Stay calm, confident and sharp. It is important to know about the company and why you would be a good fit. Saying the right things at the right time is paramount in bagging an offer.

• Analytical Skills
                      • Communication And Confidence
                      • Quantitative Aptitude

Reliance management trainee interview

Rucha DeshpandeFresherSelected
                      Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at KJ SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH for Management Trainee role at Reliance
                      Test Group Discussion Interview

• Section 1: Quant
                      • Section 2: Logical Reasoning
                      Very simple questions, Easy to crack.
                      Try solving as many as possible

Social Networking is a boon
                      The GD was very calm and everybody got a chance to speak up. Also as the topic was very general everyone had good opinions. The Discussion started with how have the social networking sites helped everyone from individuals to companies, professionals to politicians to shape their career. We went to discuss some of the negative effects on the lives of people and how these sites have increased the distance in relationships rather than bringing them closer.
                      Try to initiate the GD.
                      Note down all the points said during the GD so that you can summarise properly.
                      Try to make atleast 3-4 entries.
                      Try to take a stand and stick with it even if that means your views are against the group.

Interview

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: Why sales
                      • Question 2: Resume based questions
                      The Panel consisted of 2 people, one from the senior management and one from HR. They were really calm and cool. They also tried to make the candidate comfortable. The interview started with questions like 'Tell me about yourself'. Later they went on to ask more sales related questions like have you sold anything before this . They also asked HR questions like Tell us about your family.

• Communication Ability
                      • Confidence

Bhushan Steel management trainee interview

Rahul PatidarFresherSelected
                      Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Raipur for MANAGEMENT TRAINEE role at Bhushan Steel
                      Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: technical
                      As has been highlighted again and again in almost every experience Written is the most important round and can be perfected only by hard work.

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: types of heat treatment, difference between normalizing and annealing, what is annealing temp. of 0.028%C?
                      -Prepare your subjects which relate to the company's field.-Technical PI’s are by far the most important thing in any core job.-You should know what you are going to do in that company

Interview Questions
                        -Show them how much interested and confident you are for that position in their company.

-It will be helpful to collect some information on company beforehand.CPI is not that important in placement procedure it just highlights you in their list of preference

-Important is that how you perform in PI and how you manage them to satisfy them by your answers.

-Do what you want, never miss any opportunity, every one is having something for their future so never give-up.-Try again again and again until you do not achieve what you want.-As every experience teaches you something which will be helpful in your future.
                          As I entered for HR round, HR commented on me " You are so slim than how you will work in steel industries". :)