IT Engineer

IT Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Citicorp it engineer internship interview

Thejes KumarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Citicorp
Test HR Interview

• Section 1: Programming
  • Section 2: Quant
  • Section 3: Logic & Reasoning
  • Section 4: English
  • Section 5: Coding
The first one hour was an aptitude test consisting of MCQs based on 4 sections. The first section was programming related, consisting of questions related to binary trees, figuring out the output of a given pseudo code, completing a given pseudo code, finding the error in the given code, etc. The Quant section contained fairly simple questions but with very limited time. Lots of numerical calculations involved and use of calculator was not allowed. L&R section was again fairly straightforward but had many questions with limited time. English questions consisted of picking out the grammatically correct sentence, sentence sequencing, vocabulary (meaning of word/antonym of word, etc) and comprehension based questions. If you're preparing for CAT or other similar exams then this test will be simple for you.

The second hour of the test was the coding round. Two problem statements were given and we had to type out the code, compile it and run it. We had the option of C, C++ and Java. Full marks if the code ran successfully, zero otherwise. There were no in between marks for steps or incomplete codes, even if the logic was correct.
You'll find online mock tests for CAT for Quant, L&R and English sections. Focus on speed and accuracy, the questions won't be tough but the time will be limited with lots of questions. For the coding section it should suffice if you've had sufficient experience with coding. Even if you haven't (as I didn't) you'll still be fine. For the novices I'd suggest focusing on famous algos such as trapezium pattern, etc.

Interview Questions
    It was an extremely peaceful interview. There were 2 interviewers for my IT profile. I told them frankly that I didn't have much experience in coding, I had just done a course in my first year and an online course as well. I had a strong finance resume, so they asked me questions related to finance. I was able to answer them satisfactorily. It seemed more like a conversation rather than an interview, as if they were trying to figure out if I was a right fit for their company. Most of the time they were doing the talking and explaining about the IT role and what it involves, and asking me if that's what I was looking for. Almost all the questions they had for me were resume based.
    Be honest and upfront. Tell them what you think and most importantly why you're applying for the profile. The questions asked to me were: If you're offered a PPO after the internship will you accept it? ; This profile is not in line with what you've taken as your major, do you feel that you'll be wasting 4 years by suddenly switching your line? ; What problems do you think you'll face if you are to join Citi as a full time employee?

These questions cannot be prepared for, you have to be honest in answering them. If you would have noticed their questions were leaning towards checking if I would be a right fit as their employee. Unlike other companies who hire 2 month interns just to get the maximum work out of them, Citi was hiring interns as possible employees and future leaders within the company, and their HR interview will be in this line as well.

• 1)communication
    • Logical Reasoning
    • Quantitative Problems

• For English Have Practise With Vocabulary And Comprehension,
    • Any Aptitude And Reasoning Book,
    Practice speed and accuracy for solving aptitude questions. Be confident during the interview. They're looking for potential employees and their PPO offering rate is quite high, their questions will also be along the same lines.
    Wanted back office experience and also exposure to coding/analytics in a banking company. Work given by them is generally challenging and fun.
    One of the questions asked in the interview was what I do in my free time. One of my answers was watching TV shows. They then proceeded to ask me what TV shows I watch and I mentioned Game of Thrones among my list (which was quite lenghty :p). Unsurprisingly, one of the interviewers was also a GoT fan and we spent quite a bit of time talking about the show and why neither of us hadn't read the books.

Citicorp it engineer internship interview

Anushree PeriasamiFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Citicorp
    Test Behavioural Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Objective Coding
    • Section 2: Quantitative
    • Section 3: Verbal reasoning
    • Section 4: Logical reasoning
    • Section 5: coding
    Overall easy. For the objective coding section, revise basic data structures like trees, pseudo codes. Quantitative, verbal and logic require speed. For the coding section practice coding. The questions were simple. Note, the test is an important stage in the shortlisting.
    Practice speed aptitude tests and coding.

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
      Tried to asses interest in coding, company fit. Asked one java question. Why citicorp? Discussed about the financial crisis. Interview is flexible and can cover a broad range of topics.
      Stay calm. If you can convince them if you are interested in a career in coding. Note, the profile is not completely IT based, it covers a broader umbrella, involves much more was what I was told. The prerequisite knowledge they expected too wasn't very high.

Interview Questions
        Spoke about myself, my hobbies, my interests. Very peaceful round. We also had a little chat about my favourite book.
        Stay calm ant try to be yourself and as honest as possible

• General Coding And Problem Solving
        Practice speed tests and coding on websites
        Citicorp was my fourth interview in the internship process. What i learnt collectively from this experience was to say calm, no matter what. Never approach an interview with an " I must get it " attitude. "Its not a big deal" works much better. This doesn't mean that you don't take preparation seriously but once you've prepared, don't care too much. Also prepare well, the biggest contributor to your confidence and satisfaction is the feeling of preparedness with which you attend the selection process
        I was interested in non - core, finance, analytics and have basic coding skills. Citi is undoubtedly a reputed name.

PayPal it engineer internship interview

Subodh Kumar VishwakarmaFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at PayPal
        Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview

Very easy! Just make a proper resume. Mention all your skills whether it be technical or something else.
        If mentioning any projects done, they are definitely going to ask you about it in the interview. Be prepared.

• Section 1: Aptitude and Technical test
        Aptitude :
        Intermediate level
        Includes : Data interpretation, logical questions and finding output of C code
        Last 5 questions will be related to C programming

Technical :
        Technical was also moderated level. It will be C++/Java coding. Only one question. I was asked to find the length of longest palindrome in a given string.
        Just try to do C programming related questions before because sometimes you may get stuck in some aptitude questions. If at all you get stuck, move ahead and come back later to that question.

Interview Questions
          Questions asked were related to linked lists(singly/doubly), stacks, sorting, string manipulation etc.
          Just be calm. If you know, say yes. If you can try, say it. If you don't know at all, just admit it. It'll be fine.

Interview Questions
            Similar to first technical interview.

Very easy
              They basically try to know your background. Speak it boldly with confidence. Be enthusiastic, this will make an impression on them. They might ask "Why PayPal?". Be ready with it.

• Way Of Answering
              • Communication Skills
              • C
              Just be calm in HR irrespective of your technicals (in case it doesn't go well).

Nokia Networks it engineer interview

TejaswiFresherSelected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at KSIT Bangalore for IT Engineer role at Nokia Networks
              Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion Problem Statement

I lost two tire one company interviews only because of resume. Doing some serious work on improving it did fetched me lot of interview.
              Resume is like advertising yourself, Presentation matters . before preparing your resume do some research on net, get views from known IT friends. It will be confusing at first you will get through it eventually. You should be confident on what ever you placing in your resume.

Will depend on companies
                Same as you prepare for other competitive exams like gate

Failed in 1st few then I was confident.
                Things that matters1. Confident2. Be the first to start3. Stick to the topic, prefer either to support or against the topic4. Be revenant5. Never shout stay calm

Problem Statement

I never faced this type of interview
                _----------------------------------------_

• Adaptability
                • confidence
                • language
                • presence on mind
                • knowledge on respective degree

• try to get oracle certified courses,
                Not clearing interviews doesn't mean end of life so chill take things as it comes but improvise.
                Nothing like motivation

Sevenion it engineer internship interview

Krishna Chaitanya KaluvaFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Sevenion
                Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

The deadline for resume submission was reasonable and we are intimated through group by our internship coordinators in time.

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Questions about my depth of knowledge and the expertise i have in the field
                Its a telephonic interview and its reasonably god. I was informed well ahead and i was ready for that.

• PY
                • Jquery
                • Javascript
                • CSS
                • HTML

• WEB DESIGN ,
                I am interested in the areas of their project and was willing to pursue in depth knowledge in those areas

Entrayn Education Technologies it engineer internship interview

Abdul HafeezFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Entrayn Education Technologies
                Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

There was no resume shortlist for IT profile for this company, all were called for interview.

Interview Questions
                • Question 1: Write a program for putting all zeroes in arrays , that contains both zeoroes and non zero numbers , to the last of the array.
                First interviewer had go through the resume and sasked about all things related to what all written in resume. Then he asked the above question.I solved it and explained it and run it on a testcase.

• Programming Skills In Any Language Like C
                • Data Structures
                • Algorithmic Approach To Problem Solving

Amazon it engineer internship interview

Suhas ChintalaFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Amazon
                Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: MCQs
                Topics were on OS, DBMS, OOPS, C Problems, etc
                A gen brush up on the above subjects is a plus

Interview Questions
                  Problems on graph algorithms, Sort-search algorithms were asked. The coding was to be done is C or c++.
                  About 2 rounds of Technical interviews were done
                  DSA, Graph theory course stuff should get you through peacefully.

• Basic C/C++
                  • Graph Theory
                  • Algorithms And Data Structures

Purple Squirrel Eduventures it engineer internship interview

Satvik KishoreFresherSelected
                  Application
                  I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Purple Squirrel Eduventures
                  Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: Technical
                  Coding experience, basic algorithms, general coding languages used by HackerRank
                  Be familiar with HackerRank, Question were easy

Interview Questions
                  • Question 1: Offer a better solution to the solution you had used in one of the test questions
                  • Question 2: 3 Moderately difficult Coding question requiring decent knowledge of data structures and algorithms

• Coding Skills And Knowledge On Data Structures

• Algorithms,

Altisource it engineer internship interview

Davuluri KomaldeepFresherSelected
                  Application
                  I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Altisource
                  Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: single choice questions
                  Easy questions but had to solve very fast and leave lengthy ones
                  Be quick at solving rather than good at solving

Interview Questions
                  • Question 1: coding questions
                  Had a good round. Asked about classes, objects and basic programming related questions.
                  Be thorough with basics

Interview Questions
                  • Question 1: Personal questions
                  Asked about family and life in general. Very peaceful

• Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Basics
                  • Coding Skills
                  • Basic Coding

• Data Structure,
                  Be cool and thorough with your basic programming skills.
                  It does a wide category of projects from image processing, data analytics, web development. etc. Can learn a lot.
                  I asked the hr person what attire(clothes) should I wear during the internship. She laughed at the question.

Wipro it engineer internship interview

Vishal MohanFresherSelected
                  Application
                  I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT Engineer role at Wipro
                  Test HR Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude test+English proficiency
                  • Section 2: Problem solving(Coding)

Interview Questions
                  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself

Interview Questions
                  • Question 1: What are your achievements?

• Basic Coding