IT Analyst

IT Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Accenture Strategy it analyst interview

Tanmaya PrasadExperiencedSelected
Application
I Applied for job through Walk-in for IT Analyst role at Accenture Strategy
HR Interview Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Was asked to name the world champion of Table tennis
  • Question 2: In the partner round of interview, I was asked to name my favorite subject during chemical engineering. When I told him the name of the course he asked me to name a particular equation from the book for the course and asked me questions related to that.
I guess he was trying to test how I would handle unexpected questions.
Keep your cool.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: An on-line travel agency has a call centre. Recently they have been receiving complaints that the waiting time has increased. What could be the problem?
Approach:
Q. What is the call centre for? Is it only for customer complaints or is it also for booking?
The call centre is for handling customer complaints and post booking transactions such as re-scheduling, cancellations etc.. It is not used for booking.
Q. Apart from the complaints about waiting time, is there any other objective that I need to be aware of?
No. Focus only on the waiting time.
Q. Have the customer complaints been validated?
Yes. The waiting time has indeed gone up.
Q. Now I want to look at demand side. Is there an increase in number of callers?
Q. ls there a change in the average time spent per customer.
Q. Has there been a change in the variability in number of incoming call?
Q. Has there been a change in the variability in time per call?
Q. Is there any seasonality in demand?
There is, but not relevant for period we are discussing.
Q. OK. Now looking at the Supply side. Has there been any change in average number of people working on shifts?
Q. Has there been a change in the Number of shifts per day?
Q. Has there been a change in the duration of a shift?
Yes. Last month, shifts were changed from 9 hours shifts to 8 hours shifts.
Q. Has there been any measures taken to compensate for the reduction in shift timings?
The candidate should understand the objective first and establish if there are any other objectives. Then the candidate should explain what approach s/he is looking at to look at the problem. In this case, the increase in waiting time indicates issue with the operations. The candidate can consider using the waiting time equation from the operation management course. However that may be difficult to remember and hence one can look at the drivers of demand and supply. Demand = No of callers per day * Average Time spent per customer * Seasonality Supply = Average No of call centre employees per shift * No of shifts * Duration of the shift * Efficiency in effective working hours per actual working hours Also need to consider demand and process variability. The demand variability is the variability in number of incoming calls and the process variability in the variability in the call time of each call. Ask questions about each of the drivers to understand where the issue lies. Summarize.

The solution should be in a detailed way. Shouldn't arrive at the solution quickly. Each and every factor must be considered. Follow a systematic way of analysis.

Tushar DobhalFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for IT Analyst role at Citicorp
AMCAT TEST Technical Interview HR Interview

AMCAT TEST

The selection procedure included an aptitude test managed by Amcat. It included Quant , Verbal, C Aptitude and 2 Coding questions. The level of the questions were easy but the time was limited as in one question per minute time was allotted and the cut-offs were close to 80% in the aptitude sections. Since it was open for all branches 270 people appeared ad 70 were shortlisted.
For aptitude round Indiabix.com and sample Amcat questions are more than enough.

They asked me basics of arrays and linked lists which included efficient swapping, searching, deletion, etc and a few puzzles.
For C Aptitude , basics of DS is sufficient. Also people from non-CS and non-IT branches, do ask your CS and IT friends to tell you some common Data Structures interview questions.

After this I had a Technical cum HR round where they asked me about my internship, projects, good things about place of internship, about going for further studies and history questions (I had told them I am interested in History so they asked me about the beginning of World War 2 , so its important to choose your hobbies wisely.
Finally one last HR round was conducted where they asked about my family and my 10th, 12th and college Maths subject marks.

Like I said, be thorough with the basics of Data Structures especially if you do not have a nice internship to show on your CV and try to score high on your Aptitude test. Also brush up everything you have written on your CV and go through common puzzles asked during interviews.
Be thorough with your CV. Be honest during the interview especially if you do not know a certain topic. Like I said that being from EEE we do not have Data Structures and OS as part of our curriculum so I know only the basics and that's why he tested me on the same. Also when a puzzle is asked, keep asking relevant questions about the puzzle because most companies see your approach rather than the final solution.

Most of the questions were very basic and they focused more on my internship project so it was a good experience. Also I was the first one to finish all the rounds so it wasn't very exhausting either. Although some had to wait the whole day to get to the first round of interview.

Jeevitha FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for IT Analyst role at Citicorp
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: WRITTEN TEST
The test had two sections, i.e, aptitude and coding(two questions). Around 10 and 20 students were selected after this round for pune and chennai branch respectively.

I was from electrical background so I had more questions about electrical, projects, puzzles..etc, They didn't ask more questions on coding though it was for job profile.They just expect you to know what you have learnt well.

I had a tough time in the HR round as I was not able to completely convince them about the reason why I want to join for an IT profile when I have no projects related to it to prove my interest.There were general questions like why citicorp, strengths/weakness, resume based question..etc.

Don't panic, you needn't know everything. Just be sure and confident about what you speak. No special preparation required. But just know what you have done in three years atleast fairly well as not knowing electrical after studying it for three long years would give a wrong impression about your ability to learn and grasp things.

• Quantitative Aptitude : Arun Sharma,
  • Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal ,
I was recruited for the IT Analyst profile.It is not compulsory to ask questions during interviews but if you have some real doubts you should ask. It is good to ask some question atleast because it shows that you are interested in the company.

Shreeharsha Nageshwar VoonnaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for IT Analyst role at Citicorp
Test Technical Interview HR Interview Tech + HR interview

First Round Started with an online test consisting of 4 modules
1. Aptitude Section (15 questions 15 minutes)
2. Computer Fundamentals (25 questions 40 minutes)
3. Logical Reasoning Section (15 questions 15 minutes)
4. Programming Section (2 questions 60 minutes)
conducted by Amcat.

Technical Interview : Entirely based on your resume. Internship projects, Academic projects, Programming languages you know, object oriented concepts, etc.

HR interview : Usual questions. Why Citicorp? Why should we hire you? If your pointers are good, they ask about higher studies plans. Maths marks in 10th, 12th, and graduation. Extra-curricular activities.

Tech + HR interview

Tech + HR inteview: Querstions were based on OS, database and data structure. Few Puzzles were also asked.

Online Puzzles will help a lot.
Just quickly revise all the work you have done on projects. You should be able to convey the idea properly. Revise OS, database concepts.Keep your CGPA high.

It was an easier experience compared to the companies in which I got rejected earlier.

Polaris Consulting it analyst interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for IT Analyst role at Polaris Consulting
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: General aptitude+ basics of coding
  • Section 2: Coding
General aptitude. Anyone with decent knowledge can answer these questions

Coding: simple coding problem on arrays and strings

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Coding questions
  • Question 2: Puzzles
  • Question 3: Data analytics (if you have any knowledge)
Firstly you will be asked about the coding languages you are comfortable with and then u will be tested in that thoroughly. Better to know all the minute details also.
I was asked questions based on sorting and binary searching, the basic algorithms.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tel me bout yourself. Why this company? Strengths and weaknesses
If you clear the technical interview the HR will be mostly a piece of cake unless you really ruin it by yourself by giving wierd answers.
I was asked what will you do if you get bored by the routine work. Think carefully and answer such questions. Situation where you had to face immense pressure. Be prepared to answer them.

Credit Suisse information technology analyst interview

KARTHIIK CFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Information Technology Analyst role at Credit Suisse
RESUME SHORTLISTING Technical Interview MANAGERIAL INTERVIEW Technical Interview

RESUME SHORTLISTING

Round 1 - Resume based shortlist(40 students were shortlisted)

MANAGERIAL INTERVIEW

Prepared basics of computer science,solved aptitude questions from Indiabix.com and programs from geeksforgeeks.com.<br /> Prepare basics well brush out the aptitude formulas and prepare about the company well before appearing for interviews .<br /> prepare basics of C,C++,OOPS,SDLC ,Datastructures and general aptitude well.know about the company from www.credit-suisse.com
Technical round was very challenging as it tested my basics of computer science and general aptitude and managerial round was full of behavioral questions and HR round was the best as i ended up cracking jokes and making HR laugh .

Apoorva Chandra SFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for IT Analyst role at Citicorp
Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: Online test

This round was technical + HR interview.

Data Structures made easy by Narasimha Karumanchi.<br /> Stay calm, be cool, Getting worried gets you nowhere.
Exhausting, primarily because of the long waiting periods between interviews. But rewarding, when the interview goes well.