Information Technology IT

Information Technology IT Interview Questions and Tips

Citicorp it internship interview

Pavithra MoorthyFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT role at Citicorp
Resume Shortlist Test HR Interview HR Interview

Resume Shortlist was not stringent to any cg cut off. I think a mixture of good POR's and course work along with atleast one coding work can be impressive.
Have a CFI project if not done any prior non-core internship.

2 hours Minutes
not sure questions
  • Section 1: Aptitude + C/ C++/ Java basic questions + english skills for 1 hour
  • Section 2: Coding Questions - 2 for 1 hour
Each part have time constraint and you can only attempt the next question if you have done the present one. I have not performed that well in the coding questions but fairly well in the first half which put me to the interview round.

Any one coding language can be preferred - C/C++/Java.
Practice basic questions coding language, English, Aptitude/ Logical Reasoning and Writing Code in the precise order as it can boost your confidence through the test duration,

It is okay if you excel in any one of the two parts.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
  • Question 2: Some questions on your hobby
  • Question 3: A qustion on a project mentioned in the resume
  • Question 4: Why finance? Why IT in particualr? What are your future plans
  • Question 5: Do you like to ask me any questions?
The HR was not very intimidating. I was very calm and presented myself confident and very cheerful which I think impressed him. I answered to the first question very elaborately that it covered most of the other possible questions. It's very crucial to answer it smartly without overselling or underselling yourself. I was being very honest.

I answered in this manner:

- My qualities and work ethics
- What was my passion and what has led me to take interest in IT and finance?
- Why Citicorp? - just a brief line as it wasn't asked directly
- My hobbies and unique talent

He asked what would you choose - finance or IT. Well it seemed tricky as IT work is related to finance in Citicorp. So I answered them that I have interest in Finance of which IT plays a part. So interested in both.

When asked about my project, I answered clearly and related to the profile. No questions were asked further.

After a set of these 4 questions, I was asked if I have some questions. Two questions were popped up in my mind about the proflle nature and the challenges faced by Citicorp macroeconomically.

It is very important to answer clearly and articulately. Stammering gives a bad impression on you.
Some tricky questions will be asked. It's alright to take some seconds off and asnwer with clear thought.
Show enthusiasm towards the internship. They do not require students with good coding skills so show them that you can grasp anything fast.

When asked about yourself, kindly don't tell the place you are from or your family descriptions as it is absolutely not required by them. They need to know your nature of work and abstract qualities you possess. That's it.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Where are you from?
  • Question 2: Why do you choose chemical engineering? By rank or by passion?
  • Question 3: Why do you want to intern in Citicorp?
  • Question 4: Some more quesions based on your previous answers
She didn't ask any tricky questions and mostly listened to what I had to say. She wanted to know how much interested I am in this,
Be very relaxed and ask questions meaningfully.
Java is not a pre-requisite to IT in Citicorp.
It is a reputed bank in financial sector. The stipend is relatively high compared to other companies.
I got intimidated by a senior before the interview that I require Java knowledge. So I was very sure that I wouldn't get through. Hence I bacame very calm and took the interview entertainingly.

During the interview, I told the HR that I know little of Java and was willing to learn it. In turn, he answered that it is not at all required. I was dumbstruck ;)

Wipro information technology internship interview

Anmol ModiFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Information Technology role at Wipro
Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview HR Interview

We submitted our resume and were shortlisted to appear for the online test.
Prepare your resume according to the profile the company is offering.

• Section 1: English and Aptitude
  • Section 2: Coding
It was an online test which had Section 1 (40 MCQ questions-20 English and 20 aptitude ques.) for which you had 40 minutes.
The section 2 had 1 subjective programming question for which the time limit was 30 minutes.
Practice competitive programming and also for aptitude ques. as time is a constraint when you have to solve 40 questions in 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: They ask you all the questions from your resume only.
They asked me about my projects and internships and how it can be useful for Wipro. They also test your analytical and logical ability by asking you how you will solve practical day-to-day life problems.
You should know about every single word in your resume. Prepare your resume thoroughly.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: They ask you general questions to know how you are as a person.
It was more or less resume based only, but with the exception that they try to know more about your personality and whether you will be able to work as a team.
Be confident and present yourself professionally.

As a whole the process wasn't as intensive as is the case with some other companies. But they do see how you are as a whole, and so you should be confident enough and should be able to present yourself well.

• 64 HR Questions,
Videos
  • Data Structures And Algorithm From YouTube,
Be yourself in the interview and don't be nervous. Try to break the ice and then your interviews will go well. The test isn't that difficult and with proper practice, you can crack it easily.
I am interested in Information Technology.
At the technical interview, the guy held his hand forward to ask for my resume and I shook his hand.

PayPal it internship interview

VaibhavFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT role at PayPal
Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview HR Interview

The resume shortlist round was very fair and well structured as every one was given ample time to register for PayPal on the internship portal. The deadline was also extended for a day to give opportunity to people who might have forgotten to apply.
Make your resume tailored to the profile of the company. PayPal generally looks for people with good coding skills and a strong knowledge of algorithms. It will always help to describe a coding project in your resume.

• Section 1: Aptitude section was challenging but not very tough . the time was sufficient to attempt all the questions. one of the paragraph questions was tough. The last five questions were based on the knowledge of basic C
  • Section 2: There was one coding quetion with a time limit of 30 minutes
It was fun to work out the aptitude section. Some of the questions were challenging
The coding section was very interesting. I enjoyed working on creating the algorithm to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: There were two technical rounds and one HR round. In the first round I was asked to delete a node from a linked list
  • Question 2: A recursive program to print numbers in ascending order
  • Question 3: In the second round , I was asked to sort a string and find the alphabet which is repeated with the least relative distance
  • Question 4: Questions regarding my previous projects
The technical round was very good. Both the panelists were very friendly and they clearly described the problem statement. I was given ample time to work on the problems. The even helped me by giving hints whenever I got stuck
A good knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithm is required to et through the technical round

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: asked about my interest in CS
  • Question 2: Projects in CS
  • Question 3: What is one thing that you like about PayPal after today's presentation?
The HR round was very casual. The manager took the candidates for short walk and spoke to us very informally. She also gave me tips on how to build my interest in coding.

One should have a good knowledge of data structures and experience in implementation of a problem

• Data Structures And Algorithms (DSA),
Just be cool during the interview . P
My passion for coding led me to applying to PayPal . I also believe that the core values of the company strongly matches my values and ideas.

PayPal it internship interview

Phani KaranFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT role at PayPal
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: MCQs - Quant + Programming (questions in C)
  • Section 2: Write code as per question
The MCQs - Quant part was easy. They had some good questions. It was quite interesting. Programming questions were mostly out of my domain,

The final code writing question was not that tough. We had half an hour to write the code, and I pretty much wrote it till the last minute and got the green tick.
Go well prepared in C, C++. They asked obscure MCQ questions which most junta doesn't know. Read 'bitwise operators'.

In the last question, we were allowed to write code only in C++/ Java. So, be prepped for that too.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Basic String manipulation - Convert "I am a boy" to "I%20am%20a%20boy" with no temporary arrays.
First off, he asked my interests and we kicked off the convo with philosophy, competitive programming, hacking. Then, he gave a string manipulation question and I solved it with decent efforts.

The interviewers were very friendly and helpful throughout.

Since I am from Electrical Engineering background, they didn't ask too tough questions involving DSA.
They won't ask you any questions that are outside what you've learnt.
All they wanted to see was whether I was good at what I knew or not?

Don't lie and brag about any skills. Under sell and overwhelm.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What new thing did you learn about PayPal, from our presentation today?
  • Question 2: What is your strongest reason to join PayPal?
One word. Blissful. She talked quite well, in the sense that the conversation we had was quite genuine and warm.
Listen to the presentation keenly. Do some groundwork about the company - founders, latest developments, etc.
ASK QUESTIONS after the presentation. It helped me A LOT.
Be genuine and you;ll definitely rock it.
Doing some competitive programming helps you big time in such interviews.
Elon Muskk

Securifi Embedded Systems India information technology internship interview

Cis SeFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Information Technology role at Securifi Embedded Systems India
Resume Shortlist Test

There was no resume Shortlist

A total of 5 codes were asked. They were mainly based on algorithms and data structures. Even solving one of them helps u to get through the test
Practicing problems on Hackerrank surely helps in cracking it.

All the people who cracked the test were selected for the Internship

• C Programming Language : Dennis Ritchie,
I being and Electrical Enggineer and this company being a mix of both Electrical and Computer Science motivated me to apply for this company.

Citicorp it profile interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for IT profile role at Citicorp
Resume Shortlist Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

They shortlisted people with some coding project.Or have done some coding.
Most of you can easily get shortlisted if have done some coding in their resume.

• Section 1: English
  • Section 2: Quant
  • Section 3: English
  • Section 4: Quant
  • Section 5: Logical reasoning
They shortlisted people with some coding project.Or have done some coding.

Do the English quant and logic correctly.
They even shortlisted people who did not attempt the coding quest NS.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Difference BTW for loop and while loop.which is better?
One number series completion.

Wipro it internship interview

Ajmal MoochingalFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT role at Wipro
Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview HR Interview

They shortlisted almost everyone for the test irrespective of CGPA. Kudos to that

Overall, the test was very easy.

I didn't actually 'prepare' for this interview in any way. I could express my views to the questions asked peacefully. The whole interview was more or less like a gen conversation going on.

The interview started little late. We had to waste so much time waiting. Questions were expected ones.

• Let Us C : Yashwant Kanetkar,
Make sure you understand C well. Knowledge of C++ is an added point. Having done projects in the relevant field can really help out.
Coding enthu. I searched for profiles of people who have done internship here in social networks. I got positive reviews from them. And the area of working would be Cloud computing and stuff, its cool and challenging .
That lady who came from Wipro for helping out these people - her walking more or less resembled a duck. I say this not racism or male chauvinism or any random blah blah, its just a joke. (I made out for passing time)

PayPal information technology internship interview

Chinni ChaitanyaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Information Technology role at PayPal
Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

45min Minutes
  • Section 1: Aptitude Test
Good one. Need to be really quick in solving basic math puzzles

30min Minutes
  • Section 1: Technical Test
Simple question but make sure you don't do silly mistakes in the code
Practice basic coding problems

Asked basic questions to test your skills. And obviously asked you to optimize your algorithm.
It was more like a discussion of stuff than an interview. I enjoyed it.
Be cool. Stay calm.

Practice coding questions in any good website
It is a very well established company

Wipro it internship interview

Shahla KpFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for IT role at Wipro
Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview HR Interview

There was a shortlist based on resume,with a cgpa cutoff of 7 for circuital branches and of 8 for non circuital branches

The test consisted of 3 parts.First,was an english test with passage questions and grammar.Second was aptitude test of 20 questions.Finally,a coding test consisting of one test was conducted.Difficulty level for coding test was easy

Questions based on resume was asked.Few questions from the programming language I knew was asked.Also,there were questions like what are my interests in my field of study,what kind of career do I want etc.

Questions like tell me about yourself,experiences in life .Also,some general questions would be asked
Be well prepared for questions from resume,and have a clear idea on why do you need that job.Also have a clear objective of your career path and how tis job would help you achieve it.
Its one of the best company in IT field to work with

Wipro information technology internship interview

Kalyan KumarFresherSelected

Shortlist based on cgpa

English, aptitude, coding
Speed and efficiency

Just an interview based on resume
Be confident. Dont bluff

Just a gen hr round. Resume based. It was more like a formality.