Graduate Trainee

Graduate Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

, 4.4k views
Priyadershita SinghFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Roorkee for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Flipkart
Test Group Discussion HR Interview

Since I was preparing for Cat 2015, My quant aptitude speed was above average. This helped me in cracking the test.
Do prepare for Cat. Even though one is not seriously considering it, it would help in cruising through the aptitude tests during placement.

India vs Hindustan
During my GD, I came up with a few points, but they were too mainstream and nothing which would make the instructor notice me.I remember one boy stated that if India changes to Hindustan, We would be kept in the league of terrorism Stricken nations like Afganistan, Pakistan.I immediately Countered that such thinking is shown by narrow minded people,whose opinions shouldnt matter to us in first place.I guess that was a winning stroke for me. There were 10 guys, out of which 4 were selected for the next round.
Flipkart was quite known for taking GD on random topics, Like Blue vs Black, Joker vs Batman.I remember one group was told to choose their own GD topic.In such Cases, Background Study isnt of much help.It all comes down to the things one knows inherently, things which are accumulated by ones surrounding .In topics such as these, try to give out of the box solutions, so that the person remembers you during selection.Also, prior GD experience helps one in being calm and collected and to think clearly.

Caterpillar Inc graduate trainee interview

, 6.5k views
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus for Graduate Trainee role at Caterpillar Inc
    Resume Shortlist Test Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview Other Interview

The shortlisting was done mainly on the basis of CPI(>=6)

15X4 questions
    • Section 1: Aptitude
    Only 21 candidates were shortlisted in this round.
    Read following topics properly:
    1. Design & manufacturing 2. Hydraulics 3. Mathematics - Simple numerical 4. English

Indo China Relationship
    There were more topics like:
    1. Excellence v/s Talent 2. White lead on white paper
    Only 2 people were shortlisted from each group. In total, 12 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Where would you see yourself in 5 years and in 10 years from now?
    • Question 2: What are your hobbies?
    • Question 3: If your CPI is low, justify it.
    • Question 4: Have you dealt with any similar language problem earlier(since the posting was in chennai)?

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Technical questions on Fluids/ Hydraulics
    • Question 2: What have you done in your BTP?
    • Question 3: What use your BTP can be put to? (Application of BTech Project)
    It was taken by two senior managers.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Design any component on your own, if given a chance?
    • Question 2: General questions on MoS (Cantilever beam with Moment M, solve it)
    It was an Alumnus interview and varied between 15-35 minutes.The resume was reviewed by the interviewers and questions based on their internship were commonly asked to all.

Be yourself and stay calm.

ITC graduate trainee internship interview

, 4k views
      Ramprashanth MohanasundaramFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Graduate Trainee role at ITC

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Explain refrigaration cycle.
      I was not able to give an exact response and was criticized by the interviewer for not knowing such basic stuff despite having a high CGPA.
      My tip would be to not panic in such a situation as it will affect your focus in answering other questions.

• Humility
      • Time management
      • Passion
      • Leadership
      Be honest in whatever you would like to say.

• Fluid Mechanics By FM White,
      ITC looks for people who have a strong inclination towards core. Make sure to project yourself as an all rounder.
      ITC is one of India's leading industrial giants. Their products and services have been recognized world over. The projects offered at ITC are really challenging and will push our limits further.
      I was asked if I knew Hindi in my interview, for which I responded to the interviewer in Hindi. They liked the cheeky gesture and the mom

, 4.4k views
      Pratik ChaudhariFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Graduate trainee role at Flipkart
      Test Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Quant and English
      Easy
      Just brush up basic quant/cat prep. You can't prepare for English in a short span of time like 2-3 months.

Digital Piracy - What can be done
      Relaxed discussion. Everybody got the chance to speak
      Just be yourself and speak your heart out. Your only enemies are nervousness and low self confidence.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Puzzles and Business problems
      What problems can you solve/things you can improve for flipkart with your current skill set?Hence you need to know the company, its workings and the problems that it could be facing.
      Be prepared for this. I used to go into operations research all the time to answer these kinds of questions.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Why not CAT? GRE?
      High CGPA and not going to higher studies - Had to give a justification
      Just being honest is enough if you are really willing to take up the job and not going for higher studies. Cook up a story if you are trying for both!

• Puzzle solving, Business problem solving

, 3.9k views
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus for Graduate Trainee role at Flipkart
      Technical Interview HR Interview

In this interview they asked me questions about how e-commerce works and how flipkart can strengthen its position in the market. The answers which I gave were very general with common sense coming into play. The interviewee was impressed my answers and selected me for the next round.

The next interview was an HR one and the panel grilled me on my resume. He also asked me questions about my
      future goals, my strength and weaknesses etc. I was fully prepared for them and was very confident. Finally they offered me the job. The important point here was that one must be very much sure about the points written on his resume and should be to speak for 1-2 minutes about each sentence if asked for.

Learnt from seniors and alumni what companies from different sector (Consulting, finance, core etc) looks for and prepared my resume accordingly. This also helped me to realize that my profile was weak for finance sector which requires a lot of preparation and hence I was less focused on this sector. Next I started preparing for aptitude test and practiced with the Career Launcher CAT test material (any coaching institute material would suffice). Next I started preparing for case studies through various books listed on SPO’s website. With the help of friends/wingmates I practiced different types of case studies in a proper interview like environment. Newspaper (economic times, hindu) reading were also an important part of my preparations, they kept me inform on various issues and they also gave me an idea of facts and figures essential for consulting firms. At the same time I also started preparing for HR interviews. After the results of various companies aptitude test were declared I fine tuned my preparations accordingly.

Videocon graduate trainee interview

, 2.3k views
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus for Graduate Trainee role at Videocon

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Describe your final year project?
        My final year project was a sponsored project from Emerson Power Networks- Real Time Data Monitoring and Analysis System. Started by drawing a block diagram and explaining block-by-block. Listed few current trends and how the project was different from them. Described and stressed on my contributions to the project.
        Be precise. Stress on your achievements and contribution while talking about a team project. Questions are usually based on previous answers so emphasise on points/ areas which are your strengths and turn the interview your way.

• Programming skills
        The profile being in the Research and Development, your basic programming and technical skills will be tested. A knowledge of communication technology and finesse in embedded C will make life much more easier. A know-how of Television and trends in television technology is a must. Knowledge of software testing is an add-on.

• Pertaining to Image Processing,
        • Television Engineering,
        I was asked to share ideas on the spot for a project topic(which I discovered on my first day that it was the project I'll be working on) and the topic was Design System to measure impact force acting on a T.V. during a drop test, so be prepared. The entire interview was based on questions pertaining to this project and few of them were: What is a G-value? Difference between impact, force and pressure? Theoretical calculations of impact force? Types of energies: Kinetic and Potential? Basics of sensors. Lastly, block diagram of television and what is HDMI.
        My interest and electives like, digital image processing and television and video engineering propelled me to apply to the LCD/LED division of Videocon R&D.

Essex Lake Group graduate trainee interview

, 2.4k views
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Essex Lake Group
        Puzzle Interview Case Study Interview HR Interview

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: There is a five floored building with one exit at the bottom and one at the top. It takes 1 minute to from one floor to another. There are n people in the building. There is a fire and no one can see anything but they start running for the exits. They can change directions if they see somebody coming from the opposite direction. Whats the maximum time to evacuate them all.
        Just think analytically, step by step and solve. Think aloud so that the interviewer understands your thought process and helps you out at places. Ask for advices if you're stuck a some point.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: “Our client is an SME owning a speciality exotic food restaurant in Mumbai. He wants to open up new restaurants in other metro cities. Suggest if it is a good idea or not. Also, come up with metrics used to arrive at the decision.”

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
        • Question 2: What do you know about our firm?
        • Question 3: Why Essex?
        • Question 4: Why You?
        Just be good at conversing and presenting your thoughts in a lucid manner. Just be yourself, Honest to the core, little diplomatic on some questions when needed.

I would suggest that one should be thorough while preparing for puzzles, case stud and HR questions. Puzzles and case study should be practiced in groups.

Wipro graduate trainee internship interview

, 3.5k views
          Anurag ArakalaFresherSelected
          Application
          I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Graduate Trainee role at Wipro
          Resume Shortlist HR Interview

Anybody with a C.G.P.A of greater than 8.5 would get selected.

The first question the interviewer asks is "Tell me about yourself" . He also asks about your family. Then he focuses mostly on your projects and will test if you have got any industrial exposure.
          There is no separate round for interview. Both HR and technical combined. The interviewer doesn't ask many questions and after the completion of interview you feel like it lasted for not more than 10 minutes. So you have to be very talkative in the interview and whenever you have the opportunity, pitch about your organisational and management skills. Convince them you can effectively manage people.

Industrial Exposure,<br /> Active participation in projexts,<br /> organisational ad people manageent skills
            grab the oppertunity to pitch about your organisational and management skills as there are require for qualifying but wont be asked in the interview.
            Wipro is the fastest growing FMCG companies and is expanding very fast. I feel like I could contribute more to a well progressing establishment rather than an already well established company.
            the interviewers are very peaceful and you can speak to them very freely.

Cognizant graduate trainee interview

, 6.5k views
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Cognizant
            Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: general aptitude
            questions were easy, practice helped me alot to get through this round.
            practice apti regularly, make learning new words a hobby.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: given a problem scenario what would action do you suggest to be taken?
            • Question 2: basic questions from area of interest.
            overall it was a nice experience, as the interviewer was very soft spoken and very keen in getting to know if the candidate could be a real asset to the company.
            just stay confident about whatever you say,take care of what words you use while answering as formal language is preferred during interviews.

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: tell me about yourself.
            • Question 2: are you comfortable with any job situation like night shifts and transfers etc?
            it was a good experience, the interviewer was very jolly, and they just want to know if you are ready to be a professional or not! confidence is still a must.
            stay calm and speak clearly, don't try to fake anything for they will know!

• general aptitude
            • verbal
            • logical
            regular practice helps alot with apti and logical, english needs to be regularly read.

• R.S Agarwal,
            stay calm and confident about what you actually know you'll surely get through
            no bond, nice starting package, high growth rate, developing company

Deutsche bank graduate trainee interview

, 286 views
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus for Graduate Trainee role at Deutsche bank in Oct, 2012
            Resume Shortlist Test HR Interview Technical Interview

The CV was evaluated to see if I am the right fit for the position.
            Comprehensive CV is a must,spend time on building and interesting CV

• Section 1: Aptitude test
            this test was designed in such a way that I was tested on my maths,english,logic,gk,skills
            Its just not academics but having awarness and common sense is a must

HR round covered basically questions on my personal front.This was to gauge my likes dislikes passion etc
            Be thorough with what you speak.
            Do not lie .

This round basically tested me on my financial knowledge and understanding of various concept.
            Be clear and precise.
            Try to explain in layman language it is more appreciated and gives the interviewer a clear understanding that you know your concepts well
            This is the alert