Graduate Trainee

Graduate Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

ITC graduate trainee interview

Raaz DwivediFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at ITC
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion HR Interview

A Good Resume is the one with a clear message in one glance. One usually doesn'thave much time go through the specifics. Also, most of the resumes look more orless the same if you start reading thoroughly. So what distinguishes you is howmuch you can convey to a third person in one glance. However a crucial pointthat one needs to keep in mind is - The third person may be an IITian or may benot. So your resume needs to be optimally elaborate and detailed. Good atglance and not boring with details.

I sat for only one GD that was for ITC. I did not prepare at all for it andrelied mostly on my speaking cum shouting skills that I developed over theyears, thanks to my fundae sessions and most importantly TAship sessions. Ienjoyed the GD which was a problem statement on a guy's death with a briefdescription of the circumstances, and was asked to discuss who was guilty forthe guy's death. I enjoyed the discussion, and found the problem pretty exciting, but only to find out later that it was a routine problem for GDs.
My agenda was simple for the GD - I took it as yet another discussion session.Hearing others opinions and pointing out mine. Occasionally I also asked thequite ones to share their views. There are often several tricks that seniorstell the juniors - start early, take the lead, try to summarize, take everyonealong etc etc. I like to put it this way - Don't speak non-sense, do speak somesense, let others speak, try to distinguish the sense and the non-sense fromothers views, and encourage the quite ones to speak a bit in order to have asensible and wholesome group discussion. If you think you can lead, then lead.If you think you might want others opinions to kick start your thought process,then wait for some points from others. So basically do what seems sensible to you, but do something!

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why ITC?
  • Question 2: What if I am sent to Nepal?
  • Question 3: Other shortlists vs ITC? Package and related questions.
  • Question 4: Did I gather info about ITC from seniors?
  • Question 5: AIR 10?
  • Question 6: My motivation to stay at ITC?
  • Question 7: Can I follow people?
  • Question 8: Can I lead people?
  • Question 9: Do I give up easily?
  • Question 10: Can I do mundane and routine and not so interesting work?
  • Question 11: Can I listen to foolish bosses?
  • Question 12: How will I fit into ITC?
  • Question 13: Why not PhD?
  • Question 14: Why not US?
  • Question 15: Experience at Stanford?
  • Question 16: Why not Professor?
  • Question 17: Civil Services?
Before I forget, usually at the end of interviews, the interviewers ask you if you have some questions about them, be prepared with some questions which can be like - what do you usually look for in a good candidate, what is the work culture at the company, the career path of the individual in the company or otherwise etc etc. You can google things, or you can be innovative. Innovationmight pay off very well or it may just kill your chances. But that's life -more risk, more reward.Andanother point, some of your interviews might be telephonic - in such cases,many more factors come into picture which might spoil the mood of theinterview ( I would let you to think about the possible glitches that you mighthave because of this technological advancement). But as usual, I would advice you to keep calm and just give your best.
There are many things that I would like to convey to the students regarding the placement process.On the preparation side, one must give his best - visitwebsites, read blogs, attend presentations and various related sessions, ask seniorswho have been placed, talk to anyone who you think can provide some help. Thesepractices will give you enormous data - and your job is to filter and use it wisely,at your own discretion. Read relevant material from books and internet,practice problems and tests, do mock interviews and GDs with your friends,prepare your resume well - in short – do what is to be done. Depending on jobprofiles that you target, the preparation keeps varying, askaround and workhard.With that beingsaid, I would like to say that placement is not simply about merit -independent ofwhether you appreciate this fact or not. Various companies valuecompatibility over the merit of thestudent (which is quite logical thingto do!) and sometimes you may under-qualify and sometimesover-qualify on thosestandards - and rarely will you be just at an optimal level. Consequently,manyresults(in fact most, to be even more precise all except one) will not goin your favour - either accept them or challenge them (if you think you havebeendenied of something that you truly deserve) but never lose your heart- this is simply a welcomesong to the real world. In the long run, thisshort and (most likely a difficult and) tough experiencewill prove to beone of the most memorable and a great learning experience.In a nut shell"Keep Calm and Give your Best! - Karm karte raho, fal ki chinta mat karo."

Narendra VardiFresherNot Selected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at VIT Vellore for Graduate Trainee role at Flipkart
Test Test Technical Interview Technical Interview

• Section 1: 2 coding questions on Hackerrank platform
1)A Diamond is present on the nth step. A Boy wants to get it. He can jump either j steps or 1 step at a time. In how many steps will he get the Diamond(Very Easy)

2)This question can be solved either by DP or memoization. (Hard)

int one=0,zero=0;

reco(n-1);

reco(n-2);

reco(n-3);

}}

given above program you have to print the value of one and zero.

** you can solve it directly by recursion but try doing that for 100 (1<=n<=100) the test case will take more than 10 sec ---meaning TIMEOUT

you need to optimize the code so to run it in time.

Thats when memoization comes into play.

This is what I remember, so don't get mad if the program is wrong...  you can try solving the codechef problem.

similar problem

if u have trouble solving the codechef problem then try editorial or search online how to solve it.
The programs asked in this round are not lengthy, but takes a lot of time to thing, after that debugging is another issue.

So, choose your language wisely and learn its Standard library

C++ programmers learn how to use STL

Java also has standard library check it out.

practice easy level in hackerrank for few days and later shift to medium and hard

20+10 Minutes
  • Section 1: 1 coding questions on Hackerrank platform
You are provided with n and m values which denote the rows and columns

Rajesh starts from top most node(0,0)

1-He moves towards the point towards his right.

2-if he cannot move one point to the right, he rotates right and then takes the path to the right

3-if after performing 4 rotate operations , if he cannot move then he would stop.

print the number of nodes reached by him

sample 1:

the traversal is

1 2 9

4 3 8

5 6 7
If u look at the problem  and test case u feel like it involves a lot of graphs. But you are provided with only 20 minutes, I cant solve it by approaching the problem that way.

So, I tried few more test cases and the logic is very simple

Don't look at the problem only one way. Trust your instincts

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Given an array, how do you get the count of pairs that sum to even
  • Question 2: Given an array, how do you get the count of pairs that sum to odd
  • Question 3: You are getting requests for room allotment, each request will have the start time and end time of the request. Print the minimum number of room required to support all requests
For Question 1 and 2, I gave a solution that is of O(N^2)  and O(N).

Try solving it yourself. (just have to explain on paper and they might ask u to write the sample code)

Third question: This problem I felt it tough.

I explained to the interviewer but the implementation of that is very tough.

Finally, He suggested me to use the sorting technique after the meeting is done.

Complexities of the system will be asked for your code

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: minValue in stack
  • Question 2: Queue implementation using stacks
This is basically a DS round.

I explained the interviewer both the questions nicely with time and space complexities.
geeksforgeeks.org

previous experiences of others :)

All the best :)

Dont try to type the very moment you read the question, try to solve it on paper first.

• DS and sorting are best explained by Robert Sidgewick in Java (coursera),
Dont tell the complexities with out analyzing the problem correctly.

Learn the Syntax of the language perfectly( we should not focus on the syntax when we are working on problem with  time constraints )

K.N.S. Pavan KumarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Graduate Trainee role at Flipkart
Test Group Discussion HR Interview Case Study Interview

60 minutes Minutes
The questions were mainly from Verbal ability, Reading comprehension, Mathematical ability and logical reasoning. All of them were MCQ with +3 for right answer and -1 for wrong answers I think.

“The future of E-Commerce in India”.
100 students were divided into 16 groups. That comes something like 6-7 per group. The duration of the GD was 15-20 mins depending on the group. The evaluators mainly looked at our body language, the way we put across our points in the discussion, the quality of the points we told and finally our involvement in the discussion.

There were two rounds of interview:
1st round: This round was a good mix of technical and HR questions for about 25 min if I remember correctly. I was asked a few puzzles,a guesstimate and HR questions like:Tell me about yourself,What are your strengths and weaknesses?,Why do you want to join Flipkart ? Tell me the latest news about Flipkart ? Estimate the market size of groceries in India?,Do you think entering into e-grocery business is a good idea? Some puzzles were also asked
2nd round: A few cases studies I prepared for Finance and E-commerce. I took 3 Finance courses (one of them being my minor) from the Institute and registered for a few online Finance courses to gain insights into the subject.Also did a small project as a part of my minor.I have been following E-commerce industry closely from 2013 by reading articles online and the ET.
Do’s: 1. be confident; Follow the company on media if possible to increase your confidence 2. Know the company & profile well before you go to the interview
Don’ts:1. don’t lie to the interview about thing that you have not done or about something you do not have much idea about. 2. Don’t discuss anything relatedyour pay scale. If the interviewer brings up that, gently brush it aside

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How do you make 720 with 6 zeroes using mathematical operators?
  • Question 2: Flipkart charges a shipping charge if the order amount is less than Rs. 500. How do you avoid it if you have an item which is less than 500 yet you do not want to pay for shipping?
  • Question 3: Given the probability distribution of the sales in various areas, how do you make sure that you group items ordered at different points of time so that it reaches the customers within the shortest possible time?

August would be the right time to start.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Rather than starting early, I think having a time-table for self would help a lot and make us stress-free.The material provided by the placement website is sufficient. But please form a coherent group of your wing-mates or friends so that you are not stressed out in your preparation. Group preparation does more good than harm. But make sure not to waste time! Pre-final semester....very precious!!!
Choose your passion!

Don’t be chasing things which others think are ‘cool-stuff’ to do. If you are really talented in your passion you can become the next ‘cool’

1stYears: Try to put fight to get an awesome CGPA in the two semesters. It will be easier to maintain a good CG thereafter. Say NO to other extra-curricular activities but do keep track of them as you SHOULD do some for a good resume. A simple vol-ship may be okay if it is not time consuming.

2ndyears: Decide whether you want to pursue your branch further or not. If yes, start reading more about your interest, do some projects and learn some academic software like MATLAB, Origin Pro etc. If you are not interested, then try various fields like Finance, Analytics.

3rd& 4thyears: Don’t leave any opportunity in your chosen field and make use of all that insti can provide you
I got selected for Flipkart because I was well oriented for E-Commerce industry and well-versed with the jargon of that industry.

General Electric [ GE ] graduate trainee interview

FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at General Electric [ GE ]
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

The test conducted had three parts (each part is approximately one hour long).
Part-1: Tested mathematical and analytical skills. The questions were quite simple and one hour is more than necessary for this part.
Part-2: Tested technical skills. The questions in this part are administered depending on your department (AE, ME, EE). Each of the three eligible department gets the appropriate technical test. I can only attest to the aerospace test. The aerospace test was mainly about fluid mechanics and jet propulsion. The questions can be easily answered if you have a good grasp of your third year syllabus on jet propulsion.
Part-3: It was related to HR. They asked about why I thought GE was special, why I think I am special, what my career goals were, etc.
DOs: Be relaxed and answer the test attentively. GE places enormous importance on your technical knowledge. Therefore, do ensure that you prepare for the test by brushing up on your third-year jet propulsion course.
DONTs: There will be enough time to complete the test, don’t rush.

Technical interview may in itself consist of two rounds (like I had). The three eligible departments are further divided based on your field of interest. In aerospace, there were three sub divisions: dynamics, structures, and aerodynamics. Each sub division has an expert panel to interview you. I went to the dynamics panel (two rounds). In the first round, they asked me fundamental questions about dynamics in aerospace engineering: vibration of a beam, natural frequencies, mode shapes, etc. Some questions on fundamentals of jet propulsion: Brayton cycle, parts of jet engine, etc. In the second round, they asked me questions more directly related to GE’s core interests: jet engines. Rotordynamics is an important aspect of jet engine R&D. They asked me about the various modes of a jet engine rotor: bouncing, pitching, bending, etc. They asked me about the critical speeds at which each of these modes would get excited.
DOs: The usual: be confident, relaxed, speak slowly and clearly. Be friendly.

The HR wants to know why you want to join GE. Don’t give cliched answers like GE is a big company, GE is great, etc. They already know that. They want to know why you feel GE is the right place for you. On the other hand, they also want to know why GE should take the trouble to hire you. Be confident and speak about your strengths and weaknesses, but don’t make it seem as though you are gloating. Having good communication skills will always help you in this round.
DOs: Speak freely, act like you are having a conversation and not a rigid interview. GE is a liberal company and they like people who are naturally confident and can speak comfortably. Smile.
DONTs: Make it seem like your answers are rehearsed.

Math ability is quite important but quantitative ability as required in CAT is not really necessary.<br /> Programming: MATLAB, C, C++<br /> Software: Simulink, ANSYS, FLUENT
GE needs to be convinced that you will not go on for higher studies. You have to convince them that you will work for them for a long period of time.

Strong technical basics, good academic profile, good and relevant projects are basic requirements. Publications are an added bonus. GE goes the extra length to make sure that they don’t hire students who will end up going abroad for higher studies. They literally grill you about your higher educational goals versus your professional goals and seek to know which is more important to you. All the best!

General Electric [ GE ] graduate trainee interview

Test Technical Interview HR Interview

Not mentioned before but later in the offer letter i found that CGPA must be more than 7.5. It was a technical test. Heat transfer, thermodynamics, stress, material strength, fluid mechanics were all asked. Time management and accuracy is essential.
Questions are not hard (average) but time is very less . So one must be quick and accurate. Don’t waste time on a single question if you are stuck.

Technical interview for short listed students based on their field (thermal or structures). I am from thermal background. All my questions were based on heat transfer and my project. Some of my friends were asked questions on fluid mechanics, turbo machinery. The questions which were asked to me were: 1. They gave me a plate and asked to discuss the heat transfer through it . Later they asked me about how to find the heat transfer coefficient (I answered: Nu=h*l/K). Then they asked me the significance of Nu. After this they asked me about Re, Pr numbers (some other numbers in fluid mechanics). They asked about Bi number, significance of Bi number , lumped body assumption and when this assumption can be taken. They also asked me to prove that. They asked me about CFD modelling, Finite Element Analysis as my projects were based on that. They are very particular about physical significance of terms and majority of my questions were on that.
Do not mug up concepts as they ask every question in detail. Your answer to the first question leads them to their next question. Even if you do not know the answer, try to work out from basic concepts. You might even get help from the interviewer if your approach is good. If you are completely unaware of the question, tell them frankly about that and they might ask you other question where you might be able to impress them rather than wasting time with something you don’t know the answer to.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • Question 2: Are you interested in PhD. If no, why not?
  • Question 3: What is your biggest achievement?
  • Question 4: Your biggest hurdle ( related to some academic project ) and how did you overcome it?
General HR questions for short listed candidates (Technical is a bit difficult, once you clear that be confident; HR is very simple)
Be confident and maintain eye contact. In the middle of the HR interview, he might ask you suddenly about your academic project. So, stay conscious.

People with knowledge or experience in CFD modelling have an edge(especially for thermal and aerospace). People who are very good at stress analysis, strength and structures are preferred ( for Manufacturing specialization and aerospace)<br /> Academic credentials (My CGPA 8.18) was not that great but i answered all the questions in the interview) are very important . All the questions are related to the basic concepts but student must be well aware of them.<br /> Be thorough with the basics of Thermodynamics, heat transfer , fluid mechanics (for thermal and aerospace students) stress analysis, material strengths , design of machine elements (for manufacturing specialization). Don’t mug up the formulae , know about their physical significance. Most of the questions will be on basics, don’t waste ur time mugging big equations and derivations. The GATE book saved me a lot of my time. I went through it to get a basic idea of all the concepts and for each concept present there, I browsed the internet to get a further insight.

FresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Graduate Trainee role at Flipkart
Test Group Discussion Case Study Interview HR Interview HR Interview

Though my CGPA wasn’t up to the mark, exemplary performance in the online test helped. But apart from a couple of guys, the rest of the ones who made it to the initial shortlist had a CG > 7.5. Online Test in Takshashila was conducted. GMAT/CAT model based. Quant, Verbal, and the likes. Ensure that you get the highest possible score. The students selected had more or less a full score in this test.

GD with a group of around 10 was conducted. General Knowledge and Current Affairs are the requisite skills. The topic of my GD was “Aam Aadmi Party” Ensure that you contribute valuable points in the GD. In a group of 10 people, there isn’t much time to speak for more than a couple of minutes overall. But the points you make must be relevant and attention grabbing. Every person is required to conclude the GD. So, there’s a redeeming chance as well.

Case Study Interview

There are three different cases based on the designation you’ve applied to: Analyst, Operations, Technology. The case may sound really weird in the beginning, esp. for Operations. They are mainly based on Performance Appraisals and Remuneration Design (for Operations). But, there’s an inherent simple trick based on math skills and data interpretation, and presence of mind.
You are given around 40 minutes to solve the case and write down the reasonings and method of solving. Make the best use of them. After this, you will have around 30 minutes to make the interviewer understand the method and approach of solving the case. Basic Quant Skills and Data Interpretation skills should sail you through. Don’t freak out. Just don’t. Everything else is easy. PS: Legible handwriting helps.

Basic resume drilling. Might Include a guesstimate question. The guesstimate may sometimes be based on the resume itself (like, in my case). For the guesstimate, math skills will help. And, a good flow chart approach to the problem.
Don’t falter on the resume drilling. Stand on your answers and don’t backtrack. About the guesstimate, use logical assumptions with a sound base. And, a neat and tidy solving method will appeal to the HR interviewer (and to the Principal later) Lastly, Use a proper flowchart/mindtree.

HR interview again, but with the Principal of the company (a big shot guy) along with a HR assessment guy in a corner. It’s mainly done to test how you interact with people of high stature. There might be a basic math question, which is more of a Stress Interview than a check for your quant skills.
The good news is that, if you make it to this round, you’re “almost” selected. All you need is presence of mind to crack this. To summarize, Don’t loss your cool. Don’t freak out. Appear confident. Basically, you are being screwed with. Keep this in your mind.

Programming languages not required. The initial online test will be based on the lines of CAT/GMAT. HR interview and the Principal interview will have a guesstimate and a quant problem respectively. Basic math skills and presence of mind are required. Principal interview is a Stress Interview.

Kaushal YadaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Flipkart
Test Group Discussion Guesstimate Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Quantitative Analysis + Data Interpretation
  • Section 2: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 3: Verbal Ability
Test was conducted through CoCubes Portal and there was no negative marking. Three sections has 20 questions each and there was no restriction on time for individual sections. I was confident about 50 questions and probably that was close to the cut-off for shortlist.
The questions are going to be easy. If you have prepared well for the CAT, it's not gonna be tough. Attempt Quantitative Analysis first and proceed with the other sections as per your convenience. There's no negative marking so make sure you attempt all the questions.

Is e-commerce affecting retail market?
I started the GD, made 2-3 good points and concluded. The GD went ahead in a good direction and that's probably the reason 6-7 people of 10 were selected.
- Try to be a leader right from the beginning
- Make sure GD doesn't become a fish market else all the group members will end up with nothing
- Read about e-commerce regularly. Be aware of all the developments.
- After you have made your points, give opportunities to others who haven't been able to speak. Helps you a lot.
- Prepare in groups. It was a real game changer for me.

Guesstimate Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Market size of electronics sold through all e-commerce websites together?
  • Question 2: There will be CV questions as well in this round.
Didn't do it really well. Was stuck initially but came on the right track by the end.
This is one part where you need preparation. You MUST have an idea as to how to approach these type of questions. A cliche but yeah, answer isn't important, approach is. Ask your friends in IITs regarding books, especially from IIT B. Group studies help, believe it or not.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Basic situations questions like how do you manage people in work space and all?
  • Question 2: CV questions may be there.
My answers were a little short and I think I could have done better there.
Take your time to think. Think of the most practical answer as in what you really would have done had you been in that situation. Explain why did you do so. Out of the box suggestions may work but they have their own risks. Use them if you're confidant.

• Case in Point,
  • How to ace Brain Teaser Interview by John Kador,
  • CFSA by Mercadeo Education,

M.Pavitra TejaswiFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Flipkart
Test Group Discussion Interview Interview Resume Shortlist

The test was for around an hour. It consisted of quant and verbal sections. The questions were fairly simple, just the basic math and verbal understanding would suffice.
Just the basic math and verbal understanding would suffice.

“Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics”
All the students shortlisted from the exam were divided ito 3 sets and 3 GDs were conducted. Each GD had 8 students. It lasted for 30 minutes I guess. My GD topic was way too vague. It was “Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics”. One thing that will help in a GD especially when you are not sure about the topic (like my case) is to listen patiently to others so that you get an idea as to what the topic is exactly about.
A strict NO to cutting on someone when he/she is making a point and shouting in a loud tone. Both these indicate that you are not fit to be in a team and you are slightly dominating types respectively.

Interview

One was completely based on puzzles and case studies.

Interview

The other had a guesstimate and some HR questions. My guesstimate was to come up with number of vehicles on the Chennai roads between 5 to 6 in the evening. I was asked this because my resume had some decent points about my work and interest in transportation engineering. You need to have some decent knowledge on basic figures like the population of Chennai or India etc.,
I was asked some basic questions on Inventory model as I had mentioned that my minor was IE.
To be able to do these guesstimates well. Obviously speed in basic calculations will help.

Initially the exam was planned to be conducted for everyone but due to some tech issues and time constraints they came up with CG based shortlisting for the exam at the last minute. After that, shortlisting in every other round was performance-based.

They were not really looking for any specific electives or courses but OR fundaes would help. Most importantly, you must be in a position to explain everything that you put in your resume perfectly especially your final year project.
1st years- Explore everything in insti and try to know what you real interests are but never ignore ACADS.

2nd years- Try to decide on what you want to do after graduating. Depending on it start doing things, like putting fight for relevant PoRs or taking up projects if interested in or atleast considering apping.

3rd years- Start preparing for CAT, GRE, ToEFL Whatever it is, be placements, go for an MBA in IIMs, app; CGPA matters. So never ignore acads.

Infosys graduate trainee interview

Nikita SrivastavaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at st.thomas college of engineering and technology for Graduate Trainee role at Infosys
Test HR Interview

• Section 1: logical reasoning
  • Section 2: critical and mathematical reasoning
  • Section 3: verbal
the most difficult part of such tests are time management.we need to properly divide our time.however,if the basics are clear and especially verbal section is good,its easy to crack.
emphasize on verbal,however one should take care of cut off in various sections...

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: how does an aeroplane flies?what is the mechanism etc.
  • Question 2: tell me something about urself that is not in ur resume
  • Question 3: best moment in college till date.
  • Question 4: why did u drop a year in case u do.
  • Question 5: lot of questions on project
  • Question 6: finally any questions for me?
see,if u hav a consistent good score in ur semester,they hardly ask any technical questions,instead they talk about various other fields like projects ,co curriculum etc.
be calm,be honest,smart ,confident and must emphasize on communication skills.it is very very important.

be smart.clear ur basics.work on ur communication skills..

• For Aptitude Prepare QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE By R.S.Aggarwal,
  • Java Tutorial For Beginers,
  • Data Structures And Algorithm From YouTube,
work on communication skills,clear ur basics and start your preparation atleast 6 months before the campus ing day.
infosys is my dream company.

Tata Motors graduate trainee interview

Chirag JainFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Jaipur for GRADUATE TRAINEE role at Tata Motors
Test Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: Online test
There was one online written test divided into 4 sections- English, Aptitude (Quantitative Analysis, Verbal ability) & Technical questions.

2 Hour test (15 English, 25 Quantitative Analysis, 35 Verbal ability, 25 Mechanical Engineering Questions). Questions were basic and simple.

Are smartphones making us dumb?
I think this played a crucial role in my selection and gave me the upper hand over other candidates. We were 8 candidates in one group for GD. Before starting the actual group discussion they asked us that “any one of you can stand up voluntarily and tell us about your college". Here I took the initiative and spoke about the MNIT (bit of history, about departments, about achievements of the college, about various technical and non-technical activities which was going on.) until he stopped me. Here I would like to give credits to my extra-curricular.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself and family
  • Question 2: Technical Projects Undertaken
  • Question 3: Latest technologies in Automobile Industry
HR plus Technical InterviewAs I was the Placement Coordinator also and was hosting their campus visit too, so i got an edge of it. In the interview first they asked me "Tell me about yourself & family background". Then they asked me "have you done any technical Projects?"

I told them about SAE Efficycle. Then they asked me "what do you excite in Automobile industry?" I told them about Latest technology and SUVs. Then they asked about what are the latest technologies in Automobile industries. I told them about CRDI & VVT. Then they asked me if I give 5 lacs rupees and ask you to buy a car which parameters you will look as a mechanical engineers? Then they ask me about Turbocharger? Then they try to puzzle me. They ask me that if we give you the “HR” profile will you accept it? I said no. I told them according to my qualification, I fit to a technical profile and it also excites me. Here they were basically cross-checking me interest.
1. Be aware about the latest technologies in Automobile.

2. You should know basics of Automobile Engineering & IC Engine

3. Be confident & genuine in interview , don’t just give abrupt answer, if you don’t know the answer then tell them that I don’t know the answer or I am not recalling it.
Know the basics of the field you want to enter into. Be aware about the progress in that field.Be confident and genuine.