Financial Risk Analyst

Financial Risk Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Citicorp financial risk analyst internship interview

Akhil AshokFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Financial Risk Analyst role at Citicorp
Test Case Study Interview HR Interview

The test was not too tough. Focus on answering all the questions as there may be easy questions concealed in the paper and every question has the same weight
Familiarize yourself with data sufficiency tests

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Probability Question
The question was tough and I was unable to arrive at the answer. What matters though is the way you think and arrive at the answer. Make sure the interviewer gets to know your thought process
Method matters the most

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Resume Questions
Don't worry too much about this round. Be sure about your resume. Know it thoroughly
Go through your resume as many times as possible. Figure out possible questions that an interviewer could ask

• Presence Of Mind
  • Communication
  • Mathematical Aptitude
  • Analytical Skills

KPMG financial risk analyst interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Hindu College for FINANCIAL RISK ANALYST role at KPMG
Test Group Discussion Other Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude

if FDI in retail is brought in India will it bring a boom for farmers or not
Every one started very fiercely with the GD trying to prove their point right. I gave my points stating the short run outcome and long run outcome and therefore speaking initially for the motion and then against it. the game changer in GD round was the end of the GD where they asked me to give a short summary of the gd. ( this generally means that the jury felt that you have not spoken much and want to listen more to you so that a decision can be made.) after my turn their was another candidate which was asked to sum up the g.d to which in turn I replied taking the jury's permission and I concluded in the G.D.
So GDs are the most tricky rounds in a recruitment process because you don't know what the recruiter is looking for in the candidate their. try to come in the limelight for the right reasons.   I was selected for the job directly from the GD round.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
    It was a partner interview.. normal questions were asked about - what have you done. and if travelling is a problem for you.

Do not lie to a recruiter.  Just be yourself.
      there were 40 people who sit for the GD round . 8 got through for the next round ( my name was not there. ) which was a PI. all my good friends made It to that list of 8 people and then only two were selected out of those 8. the day ended , recruiters went back home and sent a list of three candidates which had the name of 2 selected candidates and my name which were selected for the final interview with the partner, it was funny how none of my best frds could not make it even after giving 2 more interviews than me . :p

American Express financial risk analyst internship interview

Shreyas HarishFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Financial Risk Analyst role at American Express
      Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview

Criteria for selection were rather unclear.

• Section 1: Logic and Probability
      The questions were extremely simple to solve. With the majority of scores clustering in the range of 18-20, the criteria for selection once again becomes unclear.
      Perhaps, increase the difficulty level marginally.

Interview Questions
        It was an overall very comfortable and relaxing experience. The entire interview process was conducted smoothly and professionally. I believe I was given a fair opportunity to bring up all the points that I thought relevant, at the same time I was questioned in depth on everything relevant to the company and the profile.

• Probabiity
        • Logical and Structured Thinking
        • Interpersonal Skills
        • Generic Math puzzles
        Understand entirely the motivation and intricacies of the profile. Develop an idea of why you believe you would fit in to the company and the profile and how you would be able to contribute. The entire process would be simple and the interviews should flow as a conversation beyond that point.
        The extent to which the profile offered was in line with my interests. The ideals, goals and sheer size of the firm.