Executive Trainee

Executive Trainee Interview Questions and Tips

TATA Power executive trainee interview

Neeraj LawaniyaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at LNMIIT Jaipur for Executive trainee role at TATA Power
Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

1 hour 30 min Minutes
15+10+15+20 questions
  • Section 1: Aptitude
  • Section 2: Reasoning
  • Section 3: English
  • Section 4: Technical
Each part was having its own time. Aptitude and Technical part was having basic questions but Reasoning and English part might create a little problem.
Just be careful while solving reasoning part and attend sufficient questions of every part compulsorily.Take a little preparation of every part using internet or book.

it was technical topic, means related to your stream
Its was my first GD and went well. I started the GD. Observer gave us 1 min time to think about the topic and make points.
Be confident. Put your points at the starting itself otherwise you may lose your confident.Do not be seated simple, they observe your gestures too.If you don't have any idea regarding to the topic then first listen to other people and make some points and put according to your understanding

It was a combined interview(Tech+ HR). there were 3 people in the interview jury. All the questions were from my summer internship in the starting. They  asked very basic questions regarding the internship.

And in the last they asked HR questions, basic HR questions. Since my interview was held at very last so they skipped 'tell us about yourself' part.

Basically i can say it was a chill n cool interview although it was my first interview
As i said they asked questions from the summer training so just prepare basic questions from your summer training.

Don't take pressure of interview, just assume you are sitting in a class viva. Be confident and don't thing whether  you will be selected or not.

• Summer training
You can easily pass the Test part and GD part. For GD take help from youtube. But you should have basic knowledge of your stream, that will be more than sufficient. At last very important, do your summer training very seriously, no matter from where you are doing it. Just do it honestly.

Videos
  • youtube,
In the interview, be honest no need to lie about anything. Answer the questions which you really know otherwise say directly that ' sorry sir i don't know', that's it. Be in touch with your colleagues who have already placed.
Let me join this company first then i'll share about it :P
This is the first Campus Recruitment test which i cracked, it was first GD and interview too.

i cracked GD and interview in the first attempt which seem very funny to me cause i didn't expect that.

NTPC executive trainee interview

Amit YadavFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for Executive Trainee role at NTPC
Resume Shortlist Case Study Interview Technical Interview Behavorial Interview HR Interview

The shortlisting was based on Resume and mainly on the CPI.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: If you are asked to construct a dam in Mizoram, what will be the problems you are expected to face and what all logistics will you be looking out for?

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: In what situations do we prefer the use of steel structures?
  • Question 2: What is a green building? (90 GB in India)

Behavorial Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why Chose NTPC?
  • Question 2: How would you explain your hogh CPI?
They basically chose if you are interested in the company or not.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What are your strengths?
  • Question 2: What is your biggest acievement till date?
  • Question 3: Five years down the line, where do you see yourself?
  • Question 4: Would you be willing to leave the place if some other firm pays you more?
  • Question 5: Give an example of your leadership ?
They were follow-up questions on each answer given. So, be prepared for that.

1. Know about the company, they are very keen on your knowledge of the company, basically shows how much you are interested in them

2. Read about NTPC being a ‘Navaratna’ and the only PSU in the Fortune 500

3. Do not mention your GRE score/CAT percentile in your resume, it is a cause of concern for them as it indicates you may drop for higher studies

4. Similarly, do not mention CPI on a four point scale in your resume.

5. Always be prepared with the information of the company before your interview. And use those points in your interview deliberately so that they know you know about the company and thus show your interest.

VA Tech Wabag executive trainee interview

Manish KashyapFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Executive Trainee role at VA Tech Wabag
    Test Group Discussion Technical Interview

• Section 1: Technical questions, Quant, Verbal
    Cutoff-65% throughout.Open for 6 branches (4-B.tech, 2-M.tech). Round 1- Online aptitude test round for 2 hours. There were technical questions, quant, verbal in it. Around 150 students sat in it.

Group Discussion- around 40 people were shortlisted for it. Decent topics.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Core questions, Projects and Training
    Technical Interview- 21 students were shortlisted from GD. Core questions, Projects andTraining questions.

• AC/DC machines
    • Power electronics
    • Measurements
    • Apti
    • Transformers
    • Your projects/training
    Sleep well, and just be confident with basics and most importantly KNOW about the company. Be solid in core concepts like AC/DC machines, Power electronics, measurements, transformers, your projects, training,etc.

• RS Agrawal,
    It was definitely CHALLENGING because it was my first CORE company out of 11 companies (in which I gave interview) and till that time (21st November) I had forgotten electrical concepts and knew only coding and analytics. Don't get disappointed by your failures during placement days, Just give your best every time you face the procedure. I got through in the 18th company and am very happy to get a CORE job(as I always wanted).

Ashiana Housing executive trainee interview

ShrinkalFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Executive Trainee role at Ashiana Housing
    Test Group Discussion Other Interview

Written test. (24 students) mainly questions from SA, SD, Concrete, and a few aptitude questions.

Group Discussion. (24 students) language is not a barrier, they just see how good you points are, and how you explain your views.

Other Interview

Personal Interview. (5 students) again, language isn't a barrier, no tech questions asked during interview. Show them that you are very interested in joining.

Go through your notes, very easy questions asked for the test.
        Smile, be confident with whatever you say and don’t hesitate to accept your mistakes if proved wrong. The overall process was fun, the HR was very frank, and interacted a lot.