Developer

Developer Interview Questions and Tips

Sony Japan developer internship interview

Kodavati MahendraFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Developer role at Sony Japan
Resume Shortlist HR Interview

Shortlist procedure:
Shortlist was based on resume and a HR essay about Sony.
Sony cares only about your extra tech activities (Tech stuff that you do on your own and not as part of some Course..). It doesn't care even about your CGPA.
My resume was plain and simple with only one highlighted E2A Hackathon project and about my CORE internship in NARL, Tirupathi
As my resume doesn't have much of projects (which Sony looks for) I tried to write my essay as good as possible
Till my interview ending I thought that was the reason why I got shortlisted out of 100 people that applied for Sony but Japanese HR told at the end of interview that he didn't like the essay at all :-(
Highlight your Projects but not all of them, only the important ones.
I did quite a few other projects but I only highlighted this project.
I tried to write my resume in such a way that it makes the interviewer feel that I am dedicated to one particular thing at a time and after gaining sufficient knowledge, experience form that I moved onto another project.
Also they look for what do you do in your free time as in did you learn any programming languages in your free time...

For me Technical and HR interview happened simultaneously.
Any interview can never get more easier than that.
None of the shortlisted candidates felt any kind of pressure, tension or discomfort during the interview.
My interview was as if I was talking to my friends. They were so kind down to earth and polite.
Some questions asked were:
1)Tell me about yourself? I didn't say anything wantedly (I don't like this question at all)
2)About Sony and Sony products used by me
3)Explain all the technical work done by you
4)anything that you know about the profile/work (about how Bluetooth headphones work... in my case)
5)parents opinion on Japanese intern
There was one more guy who is much ahead of me all the above mentioned projects... but maybe the reason why they selected me is because I was confident and didn't have any other second thoughts than cracking the interview .
One of my friend still had confusion whether to do research intern or Core intern.

• Working on your own
Do we have the zeal to work and do something productive, really good product on you own without someone always pushing you to do it.<br /> They test this in different ways. Except the HR questions about JAPAN none of us had same questions, one had questions about courses she did. One guy had a lot of CFI projects (I had none) but they didn't ask him to explain about his projects. All questions seemed so random for us. <br /> With all these random questions they somehow correlated to find their best match. One thing which I can say is those interviewers are highly qualified and their selection process is not random
SONY name needs no introduction.

Tech Mahindra developer interview

Siddharth PanditFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at JNEC Aurangabad for Developer role at Tech Mahindra
Test Problem Statement Technical Interview HR Interview

180 min Minutes
  • Section 1: Verbal ability
  • Section 2: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 3: Quantitative aptitude
The test started with the verbal ability - reading and comprehension. Especially for Tech M you will have to improve your verbal skills as they strongly emphasize on them.
Logical reasoning section is a little bit easy or you can say that as for me I found it rather easy to handle. Mainly questions were on data interpretation and cubes and relations and ages.
Moving on to the third and last section that comprises of quant is simple. Most of the questions were direct and had 2-3 line solutions. Just improve your basic fundamentals.
Refer India bix and at least start reading something to improve your vocabulary. Even practicing each section from this site is quite enough.

Problem Statement

The window given was of only 10 minutes and I was hardly able to write 10-12 lines.
Guys main aim is to check your sentence making ability and how well you have understood the topic. Whatever you write make sure its well read, grammatically correct and in context with the topic given.

Technical interview was a little bit tough. Mainly, the interviewer asked me to explain my project and questions on my field of interest.
Whatever programming language you know, be ready to at least explain the logic for basic questions asked about that language. Don't try to go round and round over the topic. Just be clear and to the point

My HR round lasted a mere 3 minutes
Just don't tremble in front of him and try to answer in a positive way.

Know the fundamentals.<br /> Master one programming language, its syntax and logic.
Be confident in giving your answers.

Also, it is important to crack the Aptitude at the first place or you wont get a chance to showcase your technical knowledge, no matter how strong are you.

So do not ignore that part. Know what company gives importance to what section (as TechM gives for verbal).

Practice with whatever material you get.

Zoho developer interview

N/AFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at N/A for Developer role at Zoho
Test Test Problem Statement HR Interview

• Section 1: Puzzles
  • Section 2: C Language
10 questions were based on Section 1 and 20 were from Section 2.

I solved 1 problem in C and remaining problems in Java. I used OOPS in better way so it got me additional points.

Questions 1: Use best data structure to store numbers which are given at any point in time. You need to find out the median for those numbers.
    Question 2: Find the 1st non-repeated letter from array of Strings.
    BH BH FC AG HG HC – Answer F
    Question 3: Divide the given array into 2 part such that average of part should be same.
    Question 4: Replace the number by least max number of right side(if no then substitute -1)
    Input: 43 3 91 95 25 32 80
    Output: 80 25 95 -1 32 -1 -1
    Question 5: (LRU. Least Recently Used) Data structure for LRU such that it holds Key and Value with some conditions to implement LRU(similar to Map in Java Collections).
    Use any language for solving problem but they prefer. If you solve the problem in C then you may get good comments.
    Logic, Coding Style, Memory Management are important.
    If you don’t have time to solve the problem, just explain the logic.

Problem Statement

I created HashMap using Java. But others used BST(but most optimized data structure is B-tree or B+ tree). I explained HashMap, B+ tree and my logic for spell check and suggestion and I analyzed the question and asked many questions and suggestions for optimizing the solution. They were impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Why did not you choose BE?
    • Question 2: Tell me about Zoho? (Show that you are interested to work in Zoho)
    • Question 3: Tell me about your family.
    • Question 4: If you get more salary in another company, what will you do?
    • Question 5: What is your aim?
    • Question 6: Do you have any idea for Higher Studies? (Say No...that is the expected answer)
    • Question 7: Anything you need to ask me?

Microsoft developer interview

Kartik NayakFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at VJTI for Developer role at Microsoft
    Test Technical Interview

1 written test + 3 rounds of technical interviews
      For final offer: 3 rounds of technical interview

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Given a binary tree (not necessarily complete), connect a node to the node to its right (at the same level). Assume you have an extra pointer in the node to perform the connection.
      • Question 2: Given a sentence, write a function, which when called, would return the first word in the string and modify the string to contain from second to the last word.
      • Question 3: Design an elevator system, where there are 5 elevators and 50 floors. What would be the design considerations on which elevator should come when a button is pressed on a given floor?
      • Question 4: Differences between threads, processes and many such questions.
      • Question 5: Given two linked lists, find if they have a common node.
      • Question 6: Given an array, find if it contains a majority element. An element is a majority element if it occurs more than 50% of times. Do it in O(n)
      • Question 7: Given a 2 dim array, find an element which is the maximum in its column and minimum in its row. You are assured that atleast one such element exists. You may return any one if multiple such elements exist. Write a code which makes minimum comparisons considering all possible cases.
      • Question 8: Given an array of numbers, return the same array containing only unique elements in the array

Axon Tech Labs developer internship interview

Sanjana PoddarFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at B. P. Poddar institute of Management and technology for Developer role at Axon Tech Labs

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT
        • Question 2: Knowledge about Database Management.
        • Question 3: Knowledge about AJAX/XML
        It was my very first interview so i was very tensed and nervous still i managed to answer them as they were very friendly.
        Be calm and be genuine don't mark yourself on scale too high or too low. You can't hide your true knowledge from an experience holder.

• Web Security
        • Web Technologies
        Prepare your Basics Well.
        Prepare yourself so that you can stand up to their expectation
        To develop my Web Designing Skills
        After the interview they told us, My CV had more variety then they expected.

Eninov Systems developer interview

Shivam ShuklaFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at Babu Banarasi Das National Institute of Technology and Management (BBDNITM) for Developer role at Eninov Systems

women's education
        what the fuck was happening I don't know. what can i say in oppose of women's education. That was Bullshit experience.What the fuck is happening with tech industry.I am trying for job of developer and the first round was Group Discussion.They had chosen only 2 from 16.
        It was Damn Shit , i don't know how you can choose right candidate for job of Developer by holding group discussion as first round.
        i don't know wht the fuck is their criteria. They have to choose only 2 from 16 and they will choose as they want randomly.

Samsung Electronics India Software Operations developer internship interview

Navin AdarshFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Developer role at Samsung Electronics India Software Operations
        Test Group Discussion

• Section 1: General
        • Section 2: Coding
        General covered English and some basic logic. Coding tested fundamentals, like conversion between data types. You are allowed to use C/C++/Java/Python. Break between two parts. Quite a simple test if you are thorough in coding fundamentals
        Be careful during coding and avoid silly mistakes

Is Technology removing Human interaction?
        Was structured by the people who conducted it. We need to think clearly and present our points. Tests your communication and listening skills
        Keep calm and listen to others when they speak

• 1)communication
        • Basic Coding
        Need to just keep calm and not make silly errors.

ION Trading developer interview

Application
        I was interviewed on-campus for Developer role at ION Trading
        Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
        • Section 2: Coding
        3 coding questions and some aptitude question. On the basis of these students were shortlisted for next round.
        improve vocab and practice quant for aptitude. Do coding for coding round

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: General question about stacks, queues, linklists.
        • Question 2: Puzzle question like 2 egg problem
        In panel 3 interviewers were present. They asked general hr questions and area of interest. I told them thank i am good at logical thinking and algorithms is my strong subject. They asked puzzles after that I was made to stand in front of whiteboard and marker. They asked algo question of which I had to write code and explain simultaneously to them. This went form 1.5 hrs. After that they asked basic concepts of oops.
        Do karumanchi thoroughly and cormen if possible. And think outside of box.

• Algorithm
        • Logical Thinking
        • Logical Puzzles
        • Object Oriented Programming

Riverbed Technology developer interview

Utkarsh GuptaFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Developer role at Riverbed Technology
        Test Technical Interview Technical Interview

First round technical and basic aptitude test 52 students attended. Second round was coding round, 2 problems were given on basic Data Structures 25 students were shortlisted for this round out of which 9 were called for interview rounds.

Next was 4 round of interviews (3 technical + HR round). All 4 interviews were conducted for each student and finally 2 got selected. In interview Deep understanding of networking concepts were tested with some basic data structure, unix, Operating System and oops concepts

Karumanchi, rs agarwal, tanenbaum for networking.
          Be confident and be to yourself.

Interviewers were very relaxed and cool, so same is expected from you, you will be given proper time to answer

Citicorp developer interview

Ratheesh RaghavanFresherSelected
          Application
          I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Developer role at Citicorp

• Section 1: ONLINE TEST
          Test was basic aptitude questions followed by a programming section with output questions, and finally from C++ involving classes, objects, inheritance and variable scope. Last section was coding, one was from array, second from linked list and third from OS.

Prepare from glassdoor, indiabix and any book/ source of objective questions on C/C++ and OS/DBMS/DSA. Practice coding from competitive websites like codechef to get adjusted to that coding style. Unnecessary problems can otherwise arise which will be a headache during limited time in the test.
          Be very confident and positive spirited. Be very well dressed and groomed. Be very sure of what you want out of your career since HR questions are highly varied from one candidate to next and honest answers can only get you selected. Leave out further studies from the discussion obviously.