Component Design Engineer

Component Design Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

Win VineethFresherSelected
Test Technical Interview Technical + HR Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
Toooo easy aptitude test, questions straight from Indiabix.com. 91 people were shortlisted to the interviews.
Just practice a few on Indiabix.com I would say, not even required to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions on digital systems.
  • Question 2: 9 coins, one heavy. how many tries?
  • Question 3: Represent gates using arithmetic operations
Once again, very easy. Just very very basic. Maximum, you need Digital IC Design course.
No tips, keep your calm and think.

Technical + HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: BTech Project Based
Completely based on my B.Tech Project. They were a specific product development team looking for candidates for their team.
Just try to match their needs by relating everything on your resume to them.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why Intel?
  • Question 2: Any other company interested in?
  • Question 3: My extra-curricular activities
Just random questions about you and your activities.
Nothing much from my side to offer here. 29 people got the offer. I was the only one who got it and rejected.

Mohammed Ajmal CFresherSelected
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Objective- Aptitude+Electronics+C
It was outsourced to some online venture.. Test was quite tough..
A good grasp on aptitude questions will help immensely.. There are many common aptitude questions which will be asked in most exams.. study them well.. be good with probability, permutations and combinations.. Should know the basic electronic circuits, KCL, KVL etc thoroughly..

Technical Interview went well.. They asked only simple basic questions!
Study the following courses well- Digital systems, Digital IC Design, Computer architecture..Knowledge on steps of VLSI design flow and latest technologies will give you an extra edge in the interview

there were two rounds! Asked some convention HR questions. Also based on resume..
Be ready with answers to conventional HR questions like "Why do you want to join Intel?" , "Why should we hire you" etc. Make sure that your answers will let them know that you have done a good background study on the company(you SHOULD do that in advance!).. Be ready to explain each and every point in resume. Many time they were looking for non conventional answers.. Good preparation in advance helped me a lot!

• Digital design by Morris Mano,
  • Digital System Testing,
  • Digital IC Design,
  • Advanced Topics in VLSI,
  • Advanced CMOS devices and Technology,
Be prepared.. In an interview what matters most is preparation not CGPA!
Its the best in the world!

Intel Corporation component design engineer interview

Sukalp MishraFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Component Design Engineer role at Intel Corporation

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: A given black box was given out of which two input signals a clock and one output signal was coming out .. the waveforms of all the signals were displayed. Write a verilog code to synthesize this circuit.
Upon inspection of the inputs and the clock signals i found out that it was a fsm machine and then i had to write state diagram with two inputs and two states along with dont care states also.there were three always blocks in the verilog code.
dotn give up easily ..even if you don't get keep suggesting,the interviewer will help you in the process

Intel Corporation component design engineer interview

Shubham GuptaFresherSelected
Technical Interview Technical Interview Technical Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions were from Domino Logic, Timing analysis (Setup and hold violation), pipelining and cross talk.
Read Digital IC and Digital Systems and basic semiconductor devices.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions were from VLSI design flow, Timing analysis (Setup and hold violation)
Read Timing analysis properly, VLSI design flow (Read each level of abstraction in VLSI properly).

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions were from basic combinational circuits , physical design questions ( based on speed improvement, low power consumption, area), Stick diagrams.
Read Digital IC and Digital Systems and basic semiconductor devices.

Zaid Syed Makandar MahammedFresherSelected
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

Aptitude only just a formality selected based on resume they wanted all guys who did VLSI mtech

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions from weste harris
Questions about setup time one small piece of verilog code verification etc

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why not? Why you? Why Mtech ? Why IITM
It was splendid

Gajbhare Sandeep SanjayraoFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for Component Design Engineer role at Intel
technical interview TECHNICAL INTERVIEW HR Interview

technical interview

In the first round they started with basic question like “Tell me about yourself?” . The entire technical questions were basic from the two books I suggested above. He asked me about 4-5 questions related to my M.Tech thesis work. The interviews went only for 20-25 min.

TECHNICAL INTERVIEW

The second round was also based on basic and about 20-30 min.Third round was about 40-45 min in which all the question were based on resume. He asked me on every point which I have mentioned in my resume. He also asked to write algorithm related some basic puzzles.

I was asked basic HR questions.

• Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude,
  • Design of Analog CMOS integrated circuit by B. Razavi,
  • Digital Integrated circuit by Jan M. Rabaey,
Final Tips :

1. Resume plays the most important role in the selection. Make sure that you prepare well for the points you are writing in your resume.

2. Identify the companies you want to target. Be pragmatic in your choice and prepare accordingly.

3. For the aptitude problems form a group of people who are targeting same or relevant companies and discuss various problems. It will help you in understanding concepts/problems in less time.

Intel component design engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Component Design Engineer role at Intel
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude
Questions were asked from number theory-remainders, permutation and combinations, probability, ratio, compound interest, partnership ,etc .
Most questions were doable. Practicing aptitude questions will be sufficient.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions based on resume and projects
They asked me to explain my course project and other projects in detail. Then they asked everything
Prepare whatever you have put in the resume.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Questions on Verilog , timing analysis, course project based on Verilog, questions from the courses which I took
Firstly, they asked me to explain my DSP Embedded course project in detail. Then they asked series of follow-up questions. Then they gave two i/p waveforms, one o/p waveform and a clock signal, and asked me to write Verilog code for the output signal. Then they asked questions from the courses which I took.
Prepare Verilog, digital ic design and projects well.

FresherSelected
Interview Interview

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: NAND, NOR structures and their sizing and how they would vary depending on loads
  • Question 2: Timing analysis questions
  • Question 3: Design flow for a chip development
  • Question 4: Questions on timings. delay in digital circuits
  • Question 5: Where energy is consumed in transistors?
Questions were like: What is HOLD and SETup time? Which is more important? How to solve the hold and set up time faults? Questions from chip development were from starting of Specs till it comes out of Fibs. Front end and back-end design, design cycle, timing closure.etc. Tech interv.iew concentrated on stuff from Rabaey's digital book. To be specific, they asked about sizing of NMOS & PMOS in CMOS logic, parasitic caps in wires,basics of VLSI design flow, synthesis.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Based on given situation
They asked normal HR questions and in ethics they gave some cases like the one thatfollows:'Your friend' is working in a rival company and he forgets some important data in your room that can benefit your company. Would you go ahead and use those data?

Good CGPA is a must.

Intel component design engineer interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Component Design Engineer role at Intel
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview Technical Interview

Mostly all with cgpa above 7 got shortlisted

They asked some basic digital design questions, like flip-flip, latch-latch timing analysis, NAND NOR cmos structure, electromigration, cross-talk, Domino logic, Dynamic logic.
Study material: Digital IC design, Digital systems.

They asked questions from the resume- about the courses, projects and stuff.
Study about your projects properly you should know what you have done in that project.

Titan Industries component design engineer internship interview

Anoop KFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Component Design Engineer role at Titan Industries
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview

Based on Projects and CGPA

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: They asked about Projects I did
It was quite direct. I explained what I did in the project