Business Technology Analyst

Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions and Tips

Abhijay KumarExperiencedSelected
Application
I Applied for job through College Recruitment for Business Technology Analyst role at Deloitte
Test Group Discussion HR Interview

The first round was an online test conducted by Aspiring Minds which consisted of 3 sections- Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative and Logical Reasoning. The test is adaptive, similar to GMAT. There is no negative marking. Each section is timed separately and you cannot go back to an attempted question.
    The basic approach should be to keep moving on. If you get stuck somewhere, just pick any choice and move on. Attempting all questions is very important in AMCAT since the questions are pretty easy, the real challenge is speed. Remember the difficulty of questions in an exam does not make it easy or difficult, in fact the competition does. Approximately 50-60% of the applicants are rejected after the test.
    If you are preparing for CAT or GMAT, you would find the test very easy. Also since the test is adaptive, you might find the difficulty level of questions increase as you walk through the test, do not worry it happens if you are answering correctly and quickly.

70 students (about 40%) were shortlisted for the second round which was a Case Group Discussion. Groups of 7 were made and we were given a case which is basically a client situation. We were given about 2 minutes to read and understand the case and 4 questions followed the case. The main task was to build a business analytics solution for the client and the requirements for the same. After 2 minutes the interviewer heard from each one of us just to check how well we had understood the case, following which we were given an A1 size sheet and markers. We had to discuss the case among ourselves and keep penning down the main points or whatever we felt was important for the presentation. We were given exactly 10 minutes for planning and solving the case, while the interviewer was quietly sitting and observing us and marking us at the same time. After 10 mins, a new interviewer came in for the presentation wherein we had to discuss whatever we had planned and thought of. Our case consisted of 4 questions, so we had divided the questions among ourselves. Then the main part of the GD began where everything was being noticed and graded. The interviewer had professionally set a timer in his phone for 10 minutes and the GD lasted exactly 10 mins. 3 people out of 7 were selected for personal interviews from our group.
    I would advise you to practice some mock cases before sitting for the process. You can find many of them on Youtube. This would really help. In a case GD, speaking too less or too much can get you in trouble. Make sure you speak moderately and do not waste everyone's time. Be precise and to the the point, that's what the interviewer wants. Also the profile demands that you speak more about the implementation of the IT solution that you will provide instead of talking about other irrelevant issues. Do not try to dominate the in group, just be courteous to your fellow group members and listen to them carefully when they speak. Do not interrupt someone, let others finish when you wish to speak. You will also be judged on how you work and coordinate with others as a team. These factors do matter but not as much as the relevance of what you speak. Some candidates were rejected solely because I felt they were wasting time and driving the discussion towards off topic issues. Just stick to the questions asked in the case. Speak at a moderate volume so that everyone is able to hear, being too loud won't help.

Interview Questions
      My interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer seemed pretty impressed. The first question was "Tell me something about yourself". I began with an introduction about my background, school etc. Then discussed my interests and work experience. Then the interviewer questioned me about my experiences and intership which was purely technical. Then he asked other expected questions like "What do you know about Deloitte", "Why do you wish to work for Deloitte?" and "Where do you see yourself 3 years from now?". I had researched about Deloitte pretty well as it was one of my most desired companies. So I could easily explain what Deloitte does and present some facts as well. I explained that the profile they were offering required perfect balance of software skills and non technical skills. I possessed them, I liked solving cases and analyzing data so I would fit in this role perfectly. Since my coding skills were not great but affluent for this job and I would always want a job which requires interaction with the client instead of sitting in front of a PC all the time, coding. I would also love to solve problems on a large scale and see Fortune 500 companies implement my solutions. In the near future, I would wish to get promoted to a Consultant from BTA as soon as possible. The interviewer was pretty impressed with my answer and then he asked some very simple programming questions. One I remember was to check if a string is a palindrome. I explained each and every step while building the algorithm. I think all he wanted to hear was the approach and I was not even asked to write any code. Then I was asked about my internship and the role I played there. I interned at a start up as the Associate Product Architect, so I explained everything and what I had learnt there working in a team. Then I was asked a guess estimation question which was again pretty simple. Overall the interview was more of an HR interview rather than technical.
      I would advice you to be confident and always have eye contact with the interviewer. There are various parameters on which you will be graded so do not worry if you mess up something or are not able to answer a particular question because you can always recover. You are there to convince the interviewer that if he/she hires you, you would really be an asset to the company. The most important thing is researching and understanding the company before you go for the HR interview. The more you know about the company, the happier the interviewer would be. Also, research and figure how you would fit in the role offered by them. The was biggest mistake I made while sitting for other companies likes ZS Associates was that I didn't do my research work well due to lack of time and was rejected in the last round.

• Aptitude

• How to Ace the Brain Teaser Interview ,
      Videos
      • Case Study videos on Youtube,

Aryaa SureshFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at PES Institute Of Technology, Bangalore West Campus, Bangalore for Business Technology Analyst role at Deloitte
      Test Group Discussion HR Interview

This is all as of August 2016 in Bangalore.
        The areas were Quant, Verbal and Logical Reasoning.
        Vendor:- AMCAT from Aspiring Minds. Sample papers from the vendor:- https://www.myamcat.com/amcat-sample-papers
        No Negative Marking ; Computer Adaptive Test (CAT)
        No scrolling back and forward from questions.
        No. of students selected 100
        The Verbal section requires you to know Dictionary definitions of random words. If your lucky, you'll know them. Some of them get easy words and some of them don't.
        Make sure your vocab is good for this. Apart from the word def's , very basic grammar questions. No specific prep req.

Quant is simple. Basic math. Make sure you know RS Agarwal well. You'll sail through this section even with avg quantitative aptitude.

Logical is real simple. Commonsensical questions.

GD in total happened for about 30-35 min.
        9-10 people per GD and 12 such GD groups making for a 100 in total.
        Per GD group one dude/dudette from deloitte who keeps monitoring the proceedings.
        NEVER ARGUE!!!! NEVER FORCEFULLY SILENCE SOMEONE. ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE TO TALK. And also dont under talk!
        Mediating the GD will give you a lot of Brownie points! You should have leadership skills not domineering skills!
        From most of the groups 1-2 people were selected. But from my group and from another GD group 6-7 people were selected.Thanks to the fact that we all discussed and split our work and coordinated amongst ourselves. REMEMBER, you are trying to come up with a solution as a GROUP! NOT ARGUE/DEBATE on the case.

20 Min- Come up with a soln for all 3 questions based on the Case. Then Chart out the solution on an A2 asized chart
        10 Min- 2nd Deloitte dude/dudette comes in to see you present as a group.
        Ofcourse as you've heard from your seniors. It is a case study! Prepare from here:-

*Link opens only on a comp. Needs flash player. Wont open on a smartphone*

Make sure you have decent knowledge about
        1) ERP's, CRM's
        2)SDLC Method
        3)AGILE Method

The URL will give you a lot of info of the pre-requisite knowledge. Its exactly like how the mock is given in the URL. Very similar cases. Make sure your prepared.

Interview Questions
          After the GD. About 50 of us were selected for the Interview round.
          One on One.
          Know your resume through and through. Make sure you revisit all the projects that you have done. Most of them might be a year old and you might not remember the details. Refresh your memory of what all you've done.
          Most of my interview was focused on my resume.
          One personality test question. One Technical question, related to my branch. Basic question.
          NO questions on why deloitte? or what do you know about deloitte?
          Remember every interview is subjected to the interviewer. So dont draw any conclusions from this. I am just sharing my experience.
          Be confident.
          Make sure you know what youve done in your Resume.
          Stay cool.
          Stay calm.
          ALL THE VERY BEST!

Credit Suisse business technology analyst interview

Application
          I was interviewed on-campus at VJTI for Business Technology Analyst role at Credit Suisse
          Technical Interview HR Interview Other Interview

Interview Questions
          • Question 1: What is a NULL pointer
          • Question 2: What is a dangling pointer? What if we try to dereference it?
          • Question 3: What is a V-table?
          • Question 4: How will you convert Minheap to Maxheap(This question was based on the answer dat data structures is my favourite subject)
          • Question 5: Tell me about yourself
          • Question 6: -Project description
          • Question 7: Questions based on the various college fests/evemts you had participated
          • Question 8: Data comes from the server in real time which passes through a decoder and then onto the display panel.Since data rate is not fixed, what should be done so that the display of data on the display panel is at a constant rate(Ans:buffer needed.He then said that in real time the most recent data (eg share prices of company X)needs to be displayed.So how will you do that?)
          • Question 9: What is polymrphism
          • Question 10: What are templates
          • Question 11: What is virtual function
          • Question 12: How is runtime polymorphism implemented?How does the compiler understand this?
          • Question 13: difference between function overloading and overriding
          • Question 14: how function overloading works

Interview Questions
          • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
          • Question 2: What is equity,derivative etc
          • Question 3: Tell me in 60 secs why we should hire you
          • Question 4: -What drives you every morning
          • Question 5: Favourite book?Why?
          • Question 6: Some scenario in which u had to face a conflicting situation( Where u handled it on ur own).

Other Interview

Interview Questions
          • Question 1: Scenarios for a manager to handle.
          • Question 2: Conflicting scenarios in which manager does not listens to u, or u r a manager and ur subordinates disagree. -which offers have you got
          • Question 3: which will you prefer and why
          it was management interview
          -Make sure you know everthing on your resume.Most questions are based on your resume

Citicorp business technology analyst internship interview

Kavan AminFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Business Technology Analyst role at Citicorp

• Section 1: Logical reasoning
            Very interesting
            Can set more difficult problems

• General Knowledge
            • Generic Math Puzzles
            • 1)communication Skills
            • Leadership Skills

• '64 HR Questions,
            The company is good and knows very well how to select their employees
            The skills which I'll acquire by joining this company would be very useful for my corporate culture. It requires leaders and not workers and that is what my dream is, to become a global leader and to create an impact on people

AnonymousFresherNot Selected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY ANALYST role at Deloitte
            Test Case Study Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: Initial online aptitude and coding test.
            Apti is really easy so don’t sweat it. The initial Apti round was kindergarten level. There wasn’t any level of difficulty.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
              The case study messed everyone in the room. No matter what we talked about the moderator said we weren't talking relevant. Finally, some of us focused on familiar ground of technology aspects and were able to somehow satisfy her with our answer.(our topic was to look for a company to outsource a customer relation management center)

Interview Questions
                The final interview is just to find out whether you will ditch the company or not. Just show them some talents, speak well and say you will not go for higher education and you will be in. I told the main HR guy that I wanted to use the company to do a sponsored MBA. That pissed him off. He didn’t say anything, but I know it did.
                Don’t breathe a word about higher education even if they support it. Say you want to work for
                a while and then go for it.

In the interview, I told him I was an artist but ended up drawing a shitty picture of the Mahatma so he thought I was a liar. Go through what Deloitte does and its competitors. Do NOT join the company if you think the compensation is less than you deserve. There will be better companies.