AUT - Assistant Under Training

AUT - Assistant Under Training Interview Questions and Tips

ITC aut - assistant under training interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

A minister wants to invest in a particular energy source. Considering economic and environmental conditions, which is the best source?
It was a resume based shortlist.Around 50 were selected for G.D. GD was conducted with 8 members in a group, of which 4 were selected. They were looking for people who could consider multiple options and arrive at a solution.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: A whisky manufacturer sees more demand in the market. Has options of renting external factory or expanding own factory to meet demands. Considering the cost and returns, find the expected profit if each one of the options are followed. A decision – uncertainty based analysis was to be followed.
  • Question 2: What will you do if you were given 1 million rupees. Was expected to ideate something that give periodic returns. And also how to go about making the profit.
There were 2 rounds. 1st round:Technical and HR questions asked details about projects/internships. Was asked questions like "would you be comfortable with working places far from city" etc? Looked for candidates with a sense of social responsibility.

2nd Round: Technical interview( Questions were on power systems, opamps etc. Even Mech question were asked)

Interview Questions
    Questions on PORS were asked, to elaborate on what the POR is about. Questions about internship was asked.

Jyoti Prakash MaheswariFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Warangal for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
      Resume Shortlist Group Activity Technical Interview HR Interview

Pointer and decent CCA.

Group Activity

Similar GD topic every time. Consult online to get an idea

Interview Questions
        Mostly about your projects and internship. Basic questions related to subject. Be confident and be ready to answer regarding the application of your work.

A normal basic HR round

AnonymousFresherNot Selected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
            Group Activity Interview

Group Activity

I had a superb GD.

Interview

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: What are you carrying in your bag?
            • Question 2: What is that you are passionate about?
            • Question 3: Why do you want to join ITC?
            • Question 4: Why don't you want to join an MNC?
            • Question 5: How do you think ITC can tackle the MNC's?
            • Question 6: Suppose one of the workers is absent how would you deal with it.
            1.I am carrying my passions. Stories that I have written about India.
            2.I told him about my writings and shown him one. He was impressed with that.
            3.In ITC we believe in doing things our way.
            4.We can very easily go to the MNC but we have taken the hard path. Walking the hard path is something that comes naturally to me and it's a philosophy I naturally identify with.
            1.They were impressed with me but called me again to discuss that ITC's job was very routine and if I would be able to do that. To which I replied thai I will find ways to make it intersting.

2.Then finally they asked about my views on smoking. I told them that tobacco is indeed injurious to health which none of us can deny but I am comfortable working as long your cigarette factory has particulate matter levels under control.

1.Attend PPT's and listen very carefully.

2.Don't squeeze too much in your resume.

3.Prepare for case studies from interner and it's better to do these in groups.

AnonymousFresherNot Selected
              Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
              Group Discussion HR Interview HR Interview

The GD was easy, based on a case study.

Interview Questions
                The first round of interview started with general HR questions like tell me about yourself, why ITC, why not so good cpi in first year and so on. Somehow the mention of industrial tour came and from there on, all the questions were based on TATA steel and steel-making in general (we went to Jamshedpur for our industrial tour). In case of ITC it is very important to know about the company fully. Hence reading the company’s website before the interview helps. I was asked its motto and when I answered it correctly the entire panel was very impressed.

Interview Questions
                  The 2nd round was a one-on-one interview. What went wrong here was that I knew about my major projects (like btp, summer intern) very well but didn't remember the exact details of the TA project that I had done during my 3rd
                  semester. The interviewer somehow found that project quite interesting and kept on asking me questions about it and I couldn't answer many. Later, he jumped onto the term paper that I had written for one of the psychology courses and again I stumbled. Hence I feel I didn’t know my resume too well at that time (just focused on the main projects) and perhaps that went against me.

Axis Bank analytics internship interview

Gaurav LodhaFresherSelected
                    Application
                    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Axis Bank

• Section 1: Written test
                    Brush up your probability and statistics concepts

• MATLAB
                    • Microsoft Excel Skills
                    • Probability And Statistics

• NCERT Books,
                    Do practice a lot
                    Esteemed company and does a lot of fintech and quant related stuff which I really like

HR Interview Technical Interview

Interview Questions
                      "They started with asking about myself, family back ground etc. and then I directed the interview towards my comfort zone, highlighting both success and failure stories, connecting dots. Most of the questions during this time were based on what I had already told them about myself.A couple of questions at the end were why ITC? and What do you think your work will be? etc."
                      Did resume based prep.

Interview Questions
                        "It was like a rapid fire of questions on me. A lot about Energy Tech..wind turbine, solar water heating, solar PV, R&AC and what not! And in between there were also questions on Gears, Differential (Very Imp!), Working of Lathe, Difference between lathe and milling machines etc.They were checking both fundamental and fact's knowledge. Apart from this, there were tech qs on interns & projects."

Read all the material posted by BC and focused a little more on my area of expertise.
                          3 Successful interns in diverse yet core field, a good basic technical knowledge of Mech, ability to bounce back hard from failures, good communication and leadership skills were more or less the reasons for my selection.

"Shortlisting had nothing to do with courses.Interview though had many questions on my specialization (ET) subjects."

Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

the resumes were given in November. We were given a ​questionnaire form with general HR questions­ answers to which will reflect our personality.
                          ​Do mention all the PORs, co­curricular,extra­curricular activities done by you. Take care of typos that might creep in.

Interview Questions
                            30 to 40 people will be shortlisted for this.It was  around 1 hour.If you have a good cg, then you might get questions like "why don't you app?".
                            You should be through with your projects; be confident with your theory. Familiarize yourself with supply chain, handling projects, things about handling people, optimization, production cycles, etc.

Interview Questions
                              Selected 10 to 12 people will be called for this.The questions depend on your interviewer.General questions like even on your family or whatever the interviewer is interested in you. Only 4 to 5 people will be selected.
                              Don't black out at any point of time.They expect honesty in your answers.The questionnaire will be compared to what you say during interviews. So don't try to exaggerate.

• 64 HR questions,

Scriplogix analytics internship interview

Manavala Thambi K.TFresherSelected
                                Application
                                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Scriplogix

Interview Questions
                                • Question 1: what did you do in the institute ?
                                It was a good experience.

• 1)communication
                                Read a bit about health care industry .

Group Discussion HR Interview

The first round was a group discussion wherein we were supposed to rank some objects on the basis of their perceived utility for the survivors of a plane crash in a rainforest. The key was to pick up the right spot to put your point and the authenticity of the point. I didn't do much talking but instead made a few good points.

Interview Questions
                                  After a few starters I was told that they had nothing else to ask. Now that was a first timer, was it some new technique of stress interviewing. But apparently it wasn’t! I was asked to take 15 minutes to take a walk and then tell them if I would like to join the company. So, I walked and after talking to a few seniors at ITC I told them that I wanted to. The last interviewer was a big shot in the company and was very interactive. We talked for sometime and here was a person who actually believed that I was not going for higher education. And so I got the offer...

resume shortlisting Group Discussion Interview

resume shortlisting

Initial shortlisting was based on application form and resume.
                                    Good CGPA (they expect decent tech fundaes) is usually the major requirement. If you have a good set of positions of responsibilities or extracurricular activities will be an added asset.

They see how well you manage yourself and the group, how well you talk and reach a solution. They don't concentrate  much on communicative abilities, but they see how you deal with people and projectyourself there in the group.

Interview

Interview Questions
                                      They would touch up on  academics and a decent set of HR questions, They primarily try to analyze if the student can fit into the company environment and has the ability to carry out major tasks. The questions were mainly about internship, and a little on technical knowledge.
                                      Score Good CGPA and be strong in your academics.

""