AUT - Assistant Under Training

AUT - Assistant Under Training Interview Questions and Tips

Ashish Kumar ChandakFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

Resume Based.

Yes, there was a group discussion.

Yes, for around 20 minutes. "They started with asking about myself, family back ground etc. and then I directed the interview towards my comfort zone, highlighting both success and failure stories, connecting dots. Most of the questions during this time were based on what I had already told them about myself. A couple of questions at the end were why ITC? and What do you think your work will be? etc.

Yes for about 45 minutes. It was like a rapid fire of questions on me. A lot about Energy Tech..wind turbine, solar water heating, solar PV, R&AC and what not! And in between there were also questions on Gears, Differential (Very Imp!), Working of Lathe, Difference between lathe and milling machines etc. They were checking both fundamental and fact's knowledge. Apart from this, there were tech qs on interns & projects.

Prepared a little bit in August for interviews for PPO. Got it and put peace. Read all the material posted by BC and focused a little more on my area of expertise. Arranged PPO from a second day company.

• Did resume based prep.,
I think i was selected because of 3 successful interns in diverse yet core field, a good basic technical knowledge of Mech, ability

Goldman Sachs analytics internship interview

Aravind SureshFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Goldman Sachs
Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: CS
  • Section 2: Quant
  • Section 3: ML
Good deal of questions. Best way to judge students!
-NIL-

Very good experience. Interviewers were really friendly and encouraged students.

-NIL-
Goldman Sachs is one of the company where you get opportunity to implement your ideas as soon as you are capable.

Jyoti Prakash MaheswariFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Warangal for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Resume Shortlist Group Activity Technical Interview HR Interview

Pointer and decent CCA.

Group Activity

Similar GD topic every time. Consult online to get an idea

Mostly about your projects and internship. Basic questions related to subject. Be confident and be ready to answer regarding the application of your work.

A normal basic HR round

ANKUR KULKARNIFresherNot Selected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Bombay for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Group Activity Interview

Group Activity

I had a superb GD.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What are you carrying in your bag?
  • Question 2: What is that you are passionate about?
  • Question 3: Why do you want to join ITC?
  • Question 4: Why don't you want to join an MNC?
  • Question 5: How do you think ITC can tackle the MNC's?
  • Question 6: Suppose one of the workers is absent how would you deal with it.
1.I am carrying my passions. Stories that I have written about India.
2.I told him about my writings and shown him one. He was impressed with that.
3.In ITC we believe in doing things our way.
4.We can very easily go to the MNC but we have taken the hard path. Walking the hard path is something that comes naturally to me and it's a philosophy I naturally identify with.
1.They were impressed with me but called me again to discuss that ITC's job was very routine and if I would be able to do that. To which I replied thai I will find ways to make it intersting.

2.Then finally they asked about my views on smoking. I told them that tobacco is indeed injurious to health which none of us can deny but I am comfortable working as long your cigarette factory has particulate matter levels under control.
1.Attend PPT's and listen very carefully.

2.Don't squeeze too much in your resume.

3.Prepare for case studies from interner and it's better to do these in groups.

Garima JoshiFresherNot Selected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Group Discussion HR Interview HR Interview

The GD was easy, based on a case study.

The first round of interview started with general HR questions like tell me about yourself, why ITC, why not so good cpi in first year and so on. Somehow the mention of industrial tour came and from there on, all the questions were based on TATA steel and steel-making in general (we went to Jamshedpur for our industrial tour). In case of ITC it is very important to know about the company fully. Hence reading the company’s website before the interview helps. I was asked its motto and when I answered it correctly the entire panel was very impressed.

The 2nd round was a one-on-one interview. What went wrong here was that I knew about my major projects (like btp, summer intern) very well but didn't remember the exact details of the TA project that I had done during my 3rd
semester. The interviewer somehow found that project quite interesting and kept on asking me questions about it and I couldn't answer many. Later, he jumped onto the term paper that I had written for one of the psychology courses and again I stumbled. Hence I feel I didn’t know my resume too well at that time (just focused on the main projects) and perhaps that went against me.

Axis Bank analytics internship interview

Gaurav LodhaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Axis Bank

• Section 1: Written test
Brush up your probability and statistics concepts

• NCERT Books,
Do practice a lot
Esteemed company and does a lot of fintech and quant related stuff which I really like

Ashish Kumar ChandakFresherSelected
HR Interview Technical Interview

"They started with asking about myself, family back ground etc. and then I directed the interview towards my comfort zone, highlighting both success and failure stories, connecting dots. Most of the questions during this time were based on what I had already told them about myself.A couple of questions at the end were why ITC? and What do you think your work will be? etc."
Did resume based prep.

"It was like a rapid fire of questions on me. A lot about Energy Tech..wind turbine, solar water heating, solar PV, R&AC and what not! And in between there were also questions on Gears, Differential (Very Imp!), Working of Lathe, Difference between lathe and milling machines etc.They were checking both fundamental and fact's knowledge. Apart from this, there were tech qs on interns & projects."

3 Successful interns in diverse yet core field, a good basic technical knowledge of Mech, ability to bounce back hard from failures, good communication and leadership skills were more or less the reasons for my selection.

"Shortlisting had nothing to do with courses.Interview though had many questions on my specialization (ET) subjects."

SahilFresherSelected
Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

the resumes were given in November. We were given a ​questionnaire form with general HR questions­ answers to which will reflect our personality.
​Do mention all the PORs, co­curricular,extra­curricular activities done by you. Take care of typos that might creep in.

30 to 40 people will be shortlisted for this.It was  around 1 hour.If you have a good cg, then you might get questions like "why don't you app?".
You should be through with your projects; be confident with your theory. Familiarize yourself with supply chain, handling projects, things about handling people, optimization, production cycles, etc.

Selected 10 to 12 people will be called for this.The questions depend on your interviewer.General questions like even on your family or whatever the interviewer is interested in you. Only 4 to 5 people will be selected.
Don't black out at any point of time.They expect honesty in your answers.The questionnaire will be compared to what you say during interviews. So don't try to exaggerate.

• 64 HR questions,

Scriplogix analytics internship interview

Manavala Thambi K.TFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Scriplogix

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: what did you do in the institute ?
It was a good experience.
Read a bit about health care industry .

FresherSelected
resume shortlisting Group Discussion Interview

resume shortlisting

Initial shortlisting was based on application form and resume.
Good CGPA (they expect decent tech fundaes) is usually the major requirement. If you have a good set of positions of responsibilities or extracurricular activities will be an added asset.

They see how well you manage yourself and the group, how well you talk and reach a solution. They don't concentrate  much on communicative abilities, but they see how you deal with people and projectyourself there in the group.

Interview

They would touch up on  academics and a decent set of HR questions, They primarily try to analyze if the student can fit into the company environment and has the ability to carry out major tasks. The questions were mainly about internship, and a little on technical knowledge.
Score Good CGPA and be strong in your academics.

""