AUT - Assistant Under Training

AUT - Assistant Under Training Interview Questions and Tips

ITC aut - assistant under training interview

Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Form-BASED Group Discussion Interview Interview

Form-BASED

Initially they sent a form which contained 4-6 HR questions like: Short term and long term goals, One instance where you put mind over matter?

There is a situation of a plane crash and you have to bring 15 items from there which will be useful to you. Firstly you have to individually rate the items and then rate the items in group.
Second topic was: There is a group of ministers which are rating the solutions of power source like wind power etc. You have to give your rating and then discuss it. 8 people were present.
1. No shouting.

2. Come up with a proper point.

3. They prefer quality of your solutions.

4. There is no right or wrong answer in GD.

5. Main point is that how you are supporting your points.

6. If you are able to put useful data or statistics to prove your point in GD then it is highly recommended.

7. During GD of ITC, we did not need to match our rating with group rating which was a misunderstanding. We need to defend our points.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why transmission power is always in multiple of 11 e.g. 11kv?
  • Question 2: How to use capacitor for power factor compensation?
  • Question 3: Motor safety measures and safety measures of other machines?
It was of 30 minute duration and had a panel of 3 persons.
Some students were asked to design gates? For such gates design questions, books like MANOKIND of digital logic is useful.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: You are given two work profiles – office work and field work. Which one will you choose?
There were also tricky HR questions were which did not have any right or wrong answer. You just need to remain positive while defending your point . It lasted 45 minutes and had a panel of two people.

• Knowledge of gates.
Questions were generally asked about machines.

• EE330,
  • EE370,
  • EE210,
  • EE250 ,
1. Write answers in their form very seriously because they grill more on your answers.

2. They remain concern about technical knowledge. So, prepare your core courses very well.

Jinesh PapdiwalFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIM Bangalore for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Interview Interview

Selected in Resume Shortlist.
Make a balanced resume and tweak it a little bit according to what the company is looking for. So incase of ITC have more projects than Postion of Responsibilites.

The GD was a case discussion. A plane had crashed into a jungle and there were 7-8 survivors. we were given brief intro of each person and had to decide certain things
in a 25 minute GD one should be careful that the time available is neither too less nor too much. You need not jump directly into the discussion and give away all the points that you have thought. that way you wont have anything to speak in the later half. nor should you wait too long. your points should be placed well apart so that you remain in the picture throughout your GD. Also try to frame your points clearly and support them with examples or analogies. That too helps. You may start or conclude the GD if you are really confident about it.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell us about your project
  • Question 2: What was the biggest challenge during your intern
  • Question 3: what is your fav course (questions relating to that field)
it was like a pleasant chat. they asked me questions regarding my projects and internships.
Do not be too conscious. In a technical interview you should be calm and comfortable. Treat it like a chat bcoz major focus is on the answers or your technical knowledge and not your body language or attitude. THINK ALOUD. all the steps involved in the solution should be explained elaborately

Interview Questions
    Prepare your CV well. Be confident about answers to questions like why this company. Research the company once thorougly.

Indian company. Huge diversity. Top package. high opportunities

Ocwen Financial analytics internship interview

Aghamarshana MFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Ocwen Financial
      Test Group Discussion HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude Test
      There was a standardized test from an American company. It had 50 questions in 12 minutes.The questions were basic Quant and English. I could attempt around 47 questions.
      CAT preparation will help you crack this round.

12+3 Minutes
      Role of Analytics in daily life.
      We were 8 people in a group. They were looking for analytical thinking and articulation. So, about 3-4 people from each group. There were 3 groups.
      Practice analytical thinking about a lot of topics.

Interview Questions
        It was basically a HR interview. They were very interested in how analytical my thinking was. They wanted to know my knowledge about the firm and the job profile. No puzzles and guesstimates were asked.
        Go through your resume completely. Each point, talk about how this helped you. Practice speaking in front of the mirror.

• Proficiency In English
        • Articulation Skills
        • Ability To Analyse
        The work they do is very good in terms of predictive analytics. And the money, is good too.

ITC aut interview

Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for AUT role at ITC
        Form Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

Form

It includes few question related to your grades, projects/internship, POR, extracurricular activities and 2 or 3 HR based questions, Details are as follow:

-Few personal details specifically Semester wise SPI, GRE score etc.
        -Details of internship/projects, extracurricular activities, PORs etc.
        -Your short terms and long term objectives
        -Why do you want to work with ITC
        -What do you think is your most significant achievement
        -Give an instance where you put Mind Over Matter
        -Your social engagement

Case: you have been stuck in a jungle and now you have to decide a leader among yourself who can take you outside the jungle safely.
        ITC GD is based on a given case where you have to prioritize the given set of things. One GD group consist of 8 students and approximately 25 min time duration. There are 3 person to judge a single GD and hence its almost a fare GD.
        Please follow all the general rules of GD that is : Don’t shout, don’t be aggressive etc.

Interview Questions
          ITC interview was scheduled on 1st December from 6 am to 11 am . My interview started with a question “Tell me something about yourself” I started with my school life and then gradually moved towards IITK life and here I described about My most significant achievement of IITK i.e. “TEAM ABUS-DCS” with the help of designs I carried in my file and there after the rest of the interview was based on TEAM ABUS-DCS projects. No extra technical question were asked to me.

Interview Questions
            My HR interview too was started with a question “Tell me something about yourself” and there were few questions about my family, school life, hobbies, and major portion of interview was focused on TEAM ABUS-DCS.
            I answered few of the HR questions in Hindi and this is the point where I become friendly with the interviewer and then a general conversation started about my projects and family. I was lucky to have such a smooth experience , The day was not at all hectic for me.

Be confident and clear what you want. Don’t compare yourself with any one, all have different circumstances and skills. Try to make out the best what you have already learned. A regular self- analysis and a little meditation would get you through your dream company At last I hope you have found something important in this article that will help you to plan your placement preparation.
              Do’s :

-Make your priority very clear.

-Make a general time timeline for your placement preparation to keep track of your time.

-Prepare for the placement with a positive hope but at the same time you have to be realistic.

-Make a group in wing or outside wing, it will help you to make your placement preparation easy and interesting

-Take healthy food and keep yourself healthy

Dont’s :

-Don’t underestimate yourself.

-Don’t prepare alone otherwise soon you will be bored/tired of preparation.

ITC aut - assistant under training interview

Application
              I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
              Resume Shortlist Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

ITC's shortlisting is highly objective .They look for five main criteria; Academics, Projects/internships, PoRs, Co- curricular activities and sports.

 Mostly based on real case scenarios or case studies.
               They mainly look for how you lead the group towards conclusion and your stand on ethical issues.
               They look at the overall personality of every candidate. Communication skills, leadership and behavior in a team etc. are analyzed.

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: Are you against smoking or manufacturing of cigarettes?
              • Question 2: Family background
              • Question 3: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
              • Question 4: How will ITC help you reach there?

Interview Questions
                Basic knowledge of the core and ability to mix up with the company's work culture is sought

• Mechanical Engineering Basics
                Being an FMCG company, they don't really look for any specific core electives. It is said that OR can help but you have to be really good at it if you want to project yourself as a person who can fit in for the Supply Chain Management profile.<br />  Concentrate on selling your intern experience<br />  A bit of company specific knowledge will help a lot in impressing them and to get an idea what they expect from you

• Fluid Mechanics,
                • IC Engines ,
                • Heat Transfer,
                • Strength of Materials,
                • Thermodynamics,
                ITC has a fixed structure for shortlisting students from the GD round for interviews. It is not just your performance in the GD that matters but also your resume. Each section in your resume/ITC form (namely Academics, Co-curricular activities, Cultural activities, Sports, Positions of Responsibilities, Projects and Internships are given points. So, fill your ITC form as if it were your final resume itself including all the activities you were involved in.

Meru cabs analytics interview

Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Analytics role at Meru cabs
                Test Test Interview Interview

Normal CAT level exam which was already conducted by the institute.
                  Main focus was on Quantitative ability and Verbal.
                  90 students were shortlisted on the basis of this test and resume.
                  Preparation from CAT, GRE, GMAT material will help

Test consisted of 3 case studies.
                    It was a written test.
                    We have to provide our views.
                    12 students were shortlisted from 90.
                    Case study focused on forecasting models, supply chain management.
                    Know about the business model of the company

Interview

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: What is SVM?
                    • Question 2: What is ANN?
                    • Question 3: Real life examples where SVM and ANN can help in solving a problem?
                    • Question 4: Do you solve any Kaggle Competition?
                    • Question 5: Questions from my projects and internships.
                    • Question 6: R programming language
                    Questions were also asked from the answers i provided in the case study round
                    Everything regarding data analytics will be asked.You should know the basics and show them that you are interested in data analytics.

Interview

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: Which location you will prefer?
                    • Question 2: If someone pays you more money, will you leave this job?
                    • Question 3: Your dream company?
                    • Question 4: Example of a pressure situation?
                    • Question 5: Anything you have done creative?

• Technical knowledge
                    • Problem Solving
                    • Data Analytics
                    • Python

technical + Hr interview Interview

technical + Hr interview

Candidates are grilled with technical and HR questions. The technical questions are picked from your CV based on the work done during internships / projects / BTP / MTP etc. Other than that the panel might ask questions from your area of expertise like Thermodynamics, Pumps, Compressors, Design etc. After the technical grilling,some HR questions are also asked based on your extra-academics. Mostly HR questions, but some interviews can get technical too. During the technical round, it might happen that you are not be able to answer all the questions. They generally ask technical questions based on the internships/academic work done in your CV.
                    Just try to be inquisitive and work out the problem at hand. Leaves a very good impression on the interview panel.

Interview

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: Why ITC specifically?
                    Only candidates who clear round I give this final interview. Interview is generally taken by the head of a division .Since the candidate has cleared round I, round II is a much simpler round.
                    Just be confident about your answers.

ITC generally looks at the balance between academics and extra-academics. If the CGPA is in the lower range of 7.5 - 8.5, there should be sufficient extra-academics and extra-curricular efforts in the CV ( Core Team / Inter-IIT / Inter-halls/ Start-ups/ Papers or any other position of responsibility ) . Internships in companies will definitely help. Especially some experience of working in a factory / leading a team in a project would be good. Especially some experience of working in a factory / leading a team in a project would be good. Other than that, any impactful intern ( FT too ) will surely add value. It always helps in the interview if the candidate has done a lot of research on the company. Normally people do not research much and stumble when questions like “ Why ITC specifically “ are asked. Do research about ITC. ITC’s CSR initiatives, products, divisions etc.

Goldman Sachs analytics internship interview

Aravind SureshFresherSelected
                      Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Goldman Sachs
                      Test Technical Interview

• Section 1: CS
                      • Section 2: Quant
                      • Section 3: ML
                      Good deal of questions. Best way to judge students!

Interview Questions
                        Very good experience. Interviewers were really friendly and encouraged students.

• Quant+Math
                        • Machine Learning
                        • Computer Science
                        -NIL-
                        Goldman Sachs is one of the company where you get opportunity to implement your ideas as soon as you are capable.

Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

A minister wants to invest in a particular energy source. Considering economic and environmental conditions, which is the best source?
                        It was a resume based shortlist.Around 50 were selected for G.D. GD was conducted with 8 members in a group, of which 4 were selected. They were looking for people who could consider multiple options and arrive at a solution.

Interview Questions
                        • Question 1: A whisky manufacturer sees more demand in the market. Has options of renting external factory or expanding own factory to meet demands. Considering the cost and returns, find the expected profit if each one of the options are followed. A decision – uncertainty based analysis was to be followed.
                        • Question 2: What will you do if you were given 1 million rupees. Was expected to ideate something that give periodic returns. And also how to go about making the profit.
                        There were 2 rounds. 1st round:Technical and HR questions asked details about projects/internships. Was asked questions like "would you be comfortable with working places far from city" etc? Looked for candidates with a sense of social responsibility.

2nd Round: Technical interview( Questions were on power systems, opamps etc. Even Mech question were asked)

Interview Questions
                          Questions on PORS were asked, to elaborate on what the POR is about. Questions about internship was asked.

Resume Shortlist Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

Resume Based.

Yes, there was a group discussion.

Interview Questions
                              Yes, for around 20 minutes. "They started with asking about myself, family back ground etc. and then I directed the interview towards my comfort zone, highlighting both success and failure stories, connecting dots. Most of the questions during this time were based on what I had already told them about myself. A couple of questions at the end were why ITC? and What do you think your work will be? etc.

Interview Questions
                                Yes for about 45 minutes. It was like a rapid fire of questions on me. A lot about Energy Tech..wind turbine, solar water heating, solar PV, R&AC and what not! And in between there were also questions on Gears, Differential (Very Imp!), Working of Lathe, Difference between lathe and milling machines etc. They were checking both fundamental and fact's knowledge. Apart from this, there were tech qs on interns & projects.

Prepared a little bit in August for interviews for PPO. Got it and put peace. Read all the material posted by BC and focused a little more on my area of expertise. Arranged PPO from a second day company.

• Did resume based prep.,
                                  I think i was selected because of 3 successful interns in diverse yet core field, a good basic technical knowledge of Mech, ability

to bounce back hard from failures, good communication and leadership skills were more or less the reasons for my selection.