AUT - Assistant Under Training

AUT - Assistant Under Training Interview Questions and Tips

, 18.6k views
Application
I was interviewed on-campus for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Group Discussion Interview Interview

"One really good thing about ITC is the new system of shortlisting students from GD for interviews. It is not just your performance in the GD that matters but also your resume. Each section in your resume/ITC form (namely Academics, Co-curricular activities, Cultural activities, Sports, Positions of Responsibilities, Projects and Internships are given points. So, fill your ITC form as if it were your final resume itself including all the activities you were involved in.Although the GD carries more weight than each of these sections, a decent performance in GD should take you through if you have been decently active in your Institute life. That said, it doesn't mean you can simply ignore the GDs. This is just like a back-up in case it isn't your best day in the GD.This makes sure that people who have been active throughout their years in the Institute are given a fair chance to get to the Interviews."

Interview

"There were 5 panels in all. Some panels tested people on basic Mechanical Engineering principles. Some of them include Fluid Mechanics, IC Engines, Heat Transfer, Strength of Materials and Thermodynamics.Some panels chose to test people on the projects they did. I was tested on my Internships and DDP. So, be absolutely clear about all the course projects, Internships and your BTP/DDP that you mention in your form. You'll be told to explain the theory and application of your projects and more importantly your impact on the project. For this, be ready with numbers like improvement in efficiency or reduction in errors etc.Every panel has a HR person also in it. So, you will be asked some HR questions in between technical questions. You can expect questions like ""Why ITC?"", ""What are your strengths/weaknesses?"", ""Are you fine working with a tobacco company?"", ""How can you as a person add value to ITC?"""

Interview

1) You are willing to work in a factory environment on the shop floor (and if required also in a tobacco plant)

• Air conditioning
  • Heat Transfer
  • Materials & Design
  • Design of Machine Elements
  • Thermodynamics
Revised basics of all core subjects over November.Prepared answers to important HR questions. (You can refer to 64 HR questions in LAN). Wrote a write up about each of the Projects/Internships and PoRs mentioned in the resume. Having a write-up which can last 5 minutes in speech about each of the points in resume helps a lot.<br /> In a way, I started core preparation in August itself. The method of revising each subject per week turned out to be very good. This way, the final revision in November became an easy task. It's better to start in August and do it slowly than rush it all in November. This way, if you have any other companies like Analytics, Finance or Consulting, you can take out time in November specifically for them. (without getting highly loaded with core subjects)<br /> Additionally I revised some of the courses that were a part of my 4th year dual degree curriculum. Some of them included Finite Element Analysis, Principles of Product Design/Design Synthesis.I followed Incropera for Heat Transfer. Used slides given by Dr.Amitava Ghosh and notes from juniors for revising ManTech.<br /> Used notes for IC engines, Thermal power plant engineering and slides given by Dr. Parag Ravindran for<br /> Materials & Design. For the others, I followed material provided by the placement team which was actually very helpful.
"I think the following things helped me:<br />
1) All my Interns were in core field. So, they were convinced that I wanted a job in Mechanical engineering field itself.<br />
2) My PoRs, Extra- Curricular activities helped in convincing them that I'm an active person in life in general and that I'm experienced in working in different kinds of teams.<br />
3) My specialization being Product Design, I spoke about the whole procedure involved in designing a product starting from the most basic of stages (like taking consumer survey, finalizing mission statement etc.) to final stages like launching and marketing it. As some of the divisions of ITC launch products on a regular basis, my profile seemed relevant to them.<br />
4) I was told that I was almost through when my technical round went well. The HR round was just to ensure a few minor things. So, the first round is very crucial in getting one in."Being an FMCG company, they don't really look for any specific core electives. It is said that OR can help but you have to be really good at it if you want to project yourself as a person who can fit in for the Supply Chain Management profile.<br />
"The first and one of the most important things was to make the resume. I must say that when my seniors tried to explain me the importance of resume, I could never completely appreciate the suggestion. But, it is during the resume submission that I realized that it is the only thing that represents you to the company HR before they physically come to campus for recruitment. They won't understand the efforts that you might have put in throughout your campus life unless you present all of it to them in a exhaustive yet concise manner. So, start making your resumes by July at least. Send them to seniors and take inputs. It will take a lot of iterations before your resume is ready for submission. Don't be complacent and feel at any point of time before October that your resume is ready. There is always a lot of scope for improvement and keep doing so till the date of submission.I spent the first 2 months (August&September) preparing for CAT (to be strong in Quant and Verbal) and had started revising some basic core subjects. This core part wasn't in a full fledged way. Probably revised a subject or two in each week to slowly enter into placement mode. Somewhere in the beginning of October, I also started looking into some HR questions. Answers to these questions don't come so easily. It takes some thinking (sometimes even days) before the final answer takes shape. So, just feed in some important HR questions in your mind and think about them whenever free and jot down anything that seems relevant.I spent November preparing for Core and Consulting companies. With answers ready to some of the HR questions, I guess 1 month of dedicated preparation was pretty good."<br />
"I prepared for Consulting companies. Preparation mainly involves reading and getting used to the format of case studies. For case studies, you can refer to books like ""Ace your case"", ""Case in point"" or any of the casebooks of Business schools. (Like Kellogg, Columbia business school, Wharton etc.). You can find many of them in LAN. Once, you get used to the format, you can form groups of 3 and practice cases in the form of mock interviews. (where each person plays the role of interviewer, interviewee and an observer to give feedback to both and exchange roles)HR questions too are very important in Consult interviews. Follow the book 64 HR questions. It should cover almost all the standard interview questions."

, 17.8k views
Application
I was interviewed on-campus for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
Group Discussion Group Activity HR Interview Technical Interview

Group Activity

Sports, Positions of Responsibilities, Projects and Internships are given points. So, fill your ITC form as if it were your final resume itself including all the activities you were involved in. Although the GD carries more weight than each of these sections, a decent performance in GD should take you through if you have been decently active in your Institute life. That said, it doesn't mean you can simply ignore the GDs. This is just like a back-up in case it isn't your best day in the GD. This makes sure that people who have been active throughout their years in the Institute are given a fair chance to get to the Interviews."

1. "For me, this round was more like a chat. Some of the questions were ""Are you against smoking or manufacturing of cigarettes?"", ""Family background?"", ""Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How will ITC help you reach there?""
2. What I could make out of the 2 rounds is that they majorly want to ensure 3 things:
3. 1) You are willing to work in a factory environment on the shop floor. (and if required also in a tobacco plant)
4. 2) You are willing to work in teams and will be comfortable in doing so without much hassle.
5. 3) You are reasonably good in your core subjects. And that you are not having any major/obvious thoughts of going for higher studies.
6. If you are genuinely interested in joining the company, a good knowledge about content in your resume, clarity in basic mechanical engineering topics and confidence should get you through."location preference
7. plan of higher studies
1) Revised basics of all core subjects over November.
2) Prepared answers to important HR questions. (You can refer to 64 HR questions in LAN)
3) Wrote a write up about each of the Projects/Internships and PoRs mentioned in the resume.

"There were 5 panels in all.

Some panels tested people on basic Mechanical Engineering principles. Some of them include Fluid Mechanics, IC Engines, Heat Transfer, Strength of Materials and Thermodynamics. Some panels chose to test people on the projects they did. I was tested on my Internships and
improvement in efficiency or reduction in errors etc. Every panel has a HR person also in it. So, you will be asked some HR questions in between technical questions. You can expect questions like ""Why ITC?"", ""What are your strengths/weaknesses?"", ""Are you fine working with a tobacco company?"", ""How can you as a person add value to ITC?"""

All the core subjects that were taught till 3rd year:<br /> Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Materials & Design, Manufacturing Technology, Design of Machine Elements, IC Engines, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Thermal Power Plant Engineering<br /> Additionally I revised some of the courses that were a part of my 4th year dual degree curriculum. Some of them included Finite Element Analysis, Principles of Product Design/Design Synthesis. I followed Incropera for Heat Transfer. Used slides given by Dr.Amitava Ghosh and notes from juniors for revising ManTech. Used notes for IC engines, Thermal power plant engineering and slides given by Dr. Parag Ravindran for Materials & Design. For the others, I followed material provided by the placement team which was actually very helpful."
    "The first and one of the most important things was to make the resume. I must say that when my seniors tried to explain me the importance of resume, I could never completely appreciate the suggestion. But, it is during the resume submission that I realized that it is the only thing that represents you to the company HR before they physically come to campus for recruitment. <br />
    They won't understand the efforts that you might have put in throughout your campus life unless you present all of it to them in a exhaustive yet concise manner. So, start making your resumes by July at least. Send them to seniors and take inputs. It will take a lot of iterations before your resume is ready for submission. Don't be complacent and feel at any point of time before October that your resume is ready. There is always a lot of scope for improvement and so keep doing so till the date of submission. I spent the first 2 months (August&September) preparing for CAT (to be strong in Quant and Verbal) and had started revising some basic core subjects. This core part wasn't in a full fledged way. Probably revised a subject or two in each week to slowly enter into placement mode. Somewhere in the beginning of October, I also started looking into some HR questions. Answers to these questions don't come so easily. It takes some thinking (sometimes even days) before the final answer takes shape. So, just feed in some important HR questions in your mind and think about them whenever free and jot down anything that seems relevant. I spent November preparing for Core and Consulting companies. With answers ready to some of the HR questions, I guess 1 month of dedicated preparation was pretty good."<br />
    <br />
    In a way, I started core preparation in August itself. The method of revising each subject per week turned out to be very good. This way, the final revision in November became an easy task. It's better to start in August and do it slowly than rush it all in November. This way, if you have any other companies like Analytics, Finance or Consulting, you can take out time in November <br />
    specifically for them. (without getting highly loaded with core subjects)<br />
    <br />
    I prepared for Consulting companies. Preparation mainly involves reading and getting used to the format of case studies. For case studies, you can refer to books like ""Ace your case"", ""Case in point"" or any of the casebooks of Business schools. (Like Kellogg, Columbia business school, Wharton etc.). You can find many of them in LAN. Once, you get used to the format, you <br />
    can form groups of 3 and practise cases in the form of mock interviews. (where each person plays the role of interviewer, interviewee and an observer to give feedback to both and exchange roles). HR questions too are very important in Consult interviews. Follow the book 64 HR questions. It should cover almost all the standard interview questions.

, 17.9k views
    Aman JainFresherSelected
    Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Interview Interview

The application procedure of ITC requires you to submit the resume and fill their form. The form contains various question on your projects, attitude, extra-curricular activities etc. Fill the form honestly because this form will be the base of your interview

Making resume is very important step for placement preparation and hence take it very seriously. In summers I started building my resume. I used all the resources available on the student placement office IITK website along with help from seniors and my wing mates, to prepare a one page resume to fit for ITC profile. It took almost one month for me to get the final version of resume through which I can apply for the company.Form : It includes few question related to your grades, projects/internship, Position of responsibilities(POR), extracurricular activities and 2 or 3 HR based questions, Details are as follow:
    Few personal details specifically Semester wise SPI, GRE score etc.
    Details of internship/projects, extracurricular activities, PORs etc.
    Your short terms and long term objectives
    Why do u want to work with ITC
    What do you think is your most significant achievement
    Give an instance where you put Mind Over Matter
    Your social engagement
    Be honest and creative while making resume

Case study: Your plane has crashed in rain forest now you all want to come out of the rain forest. There are 5 person (Doctor, Pilot, Businessman, Scout, hunter) whom you will choose for the responsibility to lead the group
    ITC GD is based on a given case where you have to prioritize the given set of things. One GD group consist of 8 students and approximately 25 min time duration. There are 3 person to judge a single GD and hence its almost a fare GD.
    Please follow all the general rules of GD that is : Don’t shout, don’t be aggressive etc.

Interview

Before the interview I was very nervous and It was a sleepless night. And it was my first professional interview and it went very smooth. During internship I was failed to clear GD rounds for ITC and HUL and then I decided not to apply in any other companies .Hence this interview was very first interview for me.ITC interview was scheduled on 1st December from 6 am to 11 am . My interview started with a question “Tell me something about yourself” I started with my school life and then gradually moved towards IITK life and here I described about My most significant achievement of IITK i.e. “TEAM ABUS-DCS” with the help of designs I carried in my file and there after the rest of the interview was based on TEAM ABUS-DCS projects. No extra technical question were asked to me. Some of my friends who were selected for ITC interview told me that they were grilled over Technical question based on pumps, Thermodynamics cycles etc.

Topics generally asked in the ITC interview: - Pumps, cooling towers, Thermodynamics(TD) cycles, TD laws, desert coolers, Refrigeration cycle, Valves, Mixers, Process control scheme, ,Distillation columns, VLE, Derivation of Navier stokes equation, Bernoulli equation etc.  I used my notes and Wikipedia to revise all these topics.
    Do’s and Don’ts:

Do’s :

Make your priority very clear
    Make a general time timeline for your placement preparation to keep track of your time
    Prepare for the placement with a positive hope but at the same time you have to be realistic
    Make a group in wing or outside wing, it will help you to make your placement preparation easy and interesting
    Take healthy food and keep yourself healthy

Don’t’s :
    Don’t underestimate your self
    Don’t prepare alone otherwise soon you will be bored/tired of preparation

Interview

My HR interview too was started with a question “Tell me something about yourself” and there were few questions about my family, school life, hobbies, and major portion of interview was focused on TEAM ABUS-DCS
    Here question were based on both types i.e. HR and technical. I answered few of the HR questions in Hindi and this is the point where I become friendly with the interviewer and then a general conversation started about my projects and family. I was lucky to have such a smooth experience , The day was not at all hectic for me.  The only time between my interview and declaration of final results was the most tensed time for me.
    Be honest and cool

• Technical skills
    • Communications skills
    • Management skills
    • Frankness
    These skills can not be developed in just a day, Be sincere throughout your academic duration and do your assignments regularly to improve technical skills. Try to get involved in some management activities as well. <br /> Follow the books which your professor recommends you while doing a course work, For final revision follow your class notes. Along with my notes I also used wikipedia for the revision.<br /> If any of your topic is too weak, Then follow the corresponding NPTEL lectures on youtube

Videos
    ITC is one of the leading Indian company in FMCG sector which constantly endeavours to benchmark its products, services and processes to global standards and thus best suitable for the job<br />
    ITC's Core Values are aimed at developing a customer-focused, high-performance organization, which creates value for all its stakeholders.<br />
    Wide business insight. ITC being a conglomerate, gives an exposure of diverse functions like supply chain, marketing etc.

, 17k views
    Vijay PrasadFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
    Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

You are shortlisted based on your application & resume. I feel more importance is given to the application. You are asked to list out and briefly explain your internships, projects, extra/co-curricular activities and any Positions of responsibilities you have held. You also have to give in a couple of short essays highlighting your short and long term objectives, achievements and an instance where you applied your mind over matter.
    You are rated on five different aspects - CGPA, Internships, Projects, Extra/Co-curricular activities and PORs. Be sure to bring out your strengths in a clear and concise manner.

30 min Minutes
    Case Study - Best source of energy for a hypothetical region
    The GD happened in groups of six and was for 30 minutes which included the five minutes of prep time. We were presented with five different energy sources available in a hypothetical region. The objective was to come up with a consensus the best alternative to solve the energy crisis in the region.
    We came up with a couple of key parameters and  rated each of the projects based on those. We weren't able to reach a conclusion.
    The moderator looks for a structure in your analysis and the manner in which you present it to the team. It'll be great if everyone agrees with your point which reflects your natural leadership skills. Your body language counts a lot. Stay attentive and look engaged and passionate about the discussion. You get points for starting a GD but do so only if you have a good point in mind. Never put any disagreement to a vote - try reaching a consensus.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell us about yourself .
    • Question 2: This project (Internship) looks interesting! Tell us more about it.
    • Question 3: Explain the algo (From another project) you had used to solve this problem.
    • Question 4: Do you feel this product (Something I developed in my internship) has any practical application?
    • Question 5: How did you model the bubble dynamics in this project?
    • Question 6: Tell us about a conflict you have had and how did you manage it?
    • Question 7: What do you hate doing?
    The first round went on for about 45 minutes. The first few questions were a set of typical HR introductory questions. Next the questions were primarily about my interships and projects. I found this round pretty fast paced and rapid. They would randomly pick something from my resume (So be through with everything on your resume!) and would ask me to briefly explain it. Then there were tons of follow up questions, for example, why did you use this pump, why did you limit your model to these inputs etc. There were also a few HR questions which were behavioral in nature - wherein you would be asked to give an instance from your life that illustrated a competency like people skills conflict resolution etc.

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Walk us through your resume
    • Question 2: You have been brought up in Metros. How will you manage in rural areas?
    • Question 3: Whats your favorite subject?
    • Question 4: Why ITC?
    The second interview was reasonably laid back and chilled out. I was interviewed by the CEO and MDs of the ITC Printing and Packaging division. The interview went on for about 20 minutes and was HR based.

DO NOT mug up answers to standard HR questions. You'll sound unnatural and fake and won't strike a chord with the interviewer. Have a set of bullet points ready and go over them in a way you would, when you meet someone on a train.

• Technical Knowlegde
    • Communication
    • Confidence and ability to deal with stress
    • Leadership skills
    • Taking initiatives
    • Ability to deliver on a project
    • Team skills
    • innovating

• Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering - McCabe and Smith,

, 16.9k views
    Vivek MurarkaFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Roorkee for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
    Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Interview Interview

Initial shortlisting was based on resume. Everyone above 8 was shortlisted.

25 mins Minutes
    Our GD was about an old man which died on a Christmas eve. Roles of various individuals/groups were given and they had to be arranged from the most responsible to the least responsible.Some of the roles were like:
    1) The old man didn't save enough for old age and didn't had insurance.
    2) The doctor didn't attend a house call as he had a 70 h week.
    3) The hospital administration didn't admit the old man in the morning because of lack of facilities.
    4) The taxpayers didn't allow a bill on better health facilities because it would lead to an increase in taxes. Our GD turned out to be a cool one because almost everyone supported the same order. The total time for reading and discussion was 25 mins but we concluded by around 20 mins only. We spent most of the time discussing how the roles could have been to prevent the death.
    Try to develop a good vocab and fluency for GD.
    The key to any GD is to put as many ideas and to discuss with the group.
    Don't try to make it a monologue or just sit there supporting everyone.
    Try to rationally think about the topic.
    Starting the GD is advantageous only when you have really understood the topic.
    Otherwise, try to listen to other speakers and understand the topic.
    Even if you speak 2-3 times for reasonable length of time and put impressive points, you should make it through.

Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Which other companies have you appeared for ? What happened there ?
    • Question 2: tell us about yourself
    • Question 3: Why not family business ?
    • Question 4: You have an intern and your IDD Dissertation on optimization. Did you have choices in these?
    • Question 5: Explain any other project.
    It was a technical plus HR round.
    This was how it went:1) Which other companies have you appeared for ?
    Rio Tinto.
    2) What happened there ?
    I screwed up in HR.
    3) Tell us something about yourself.
    Did so. Told a little about family and campus life. Try to talk about things which you wish to be interviewed upon.
    4) Why not family business ?
    Convinced them about my liking of corporate life :)
    5) You have an intern and your IDD Dissertation on optimization. Did you have choices in these?
    Said Yes and explained why i chose optimization and also explained the projects a little. One of the guys had worked on electrocoagulation and was impressed by my understanding :)
    6) Explain any other project.
    Told them about shale gas project.
    7) What's the distribution of shale gas in the world and what's its composition?
    Told them.
    8) Why do we have flaring of gas when we take out crude?
    It depends on the amount of gas in place. If the gas in place is low, building a pipeline to take gas would be costly, hence it is flared.
    9) Why do we flare it in petrochemical complexes?
    Greenhouse potential of methane is higher than that of carbon dioxide.
    10) How high?
    Err....90 times.?!! (actually it is 72 times)
    11) How would you calculate the efficiency of a boiler?Told them. Try to use bookish language in your answers.
    12) Laws of thermodynamics and their statements.
    Simplest Question :)
    13) How do you relate the Clausius Statement with the Kelvin Statement.
    Explained with a diagram.
    14) Tell me about your learnings while working as a team leader and as a team member.
    Told them about Cogni. Tried to explain my role but was asked to be specific on learnings.
    15) Why ITC ?
    ITC being an Indian company has gone upto the standards of global giants like P&G and HUL in terms of quality. You have the best people working for you and its easier to learn from people rather than to learn from books.
    16) You want to work for an indian company and just appeared for Rio Tinto ?!!
    Umm....Sir, it has just started working in India !!

Interview

I started preparing for placements by the start of November. For ITC, the first step is writing your<br />
      resume correctly. Don't write things just to make your resume attractive. Write about things in which you are really confident. For interns and projects, write in a manner to clearly indicate the aim of work, your personal contribution, your learnings and the final result. Read relevant coursework to your projects as it will help you in interview. Prepare 3-4 subjects really well as you might be asked an area of interest. You need to be good in your core courses as ITC pays attention to how well you can recall them. Try to go through as many subjects atleast once.<br />
      Think about 3-4 companies that you have a good chance in. Know their procedures and past year questions and prepare accordingly. It helps.

, 16.5k views
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
      Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

1 or 2 page Resume. Stress on your positions of responsibilities, internships and your academic projects. Try to highlight the mathematical values about your project (eg: 50 lakh investment, 20 lakh returns, 20% efficiency increase etc etc)

Work Ethics - Story was given
      Some story with different characters and their involvement in the situation was given. The story revolves around work ethics and maintenance of confidential information about the company. At the end we need to discuss and come to a conclusion as to who is main culprit or the person responsible for causing the problem in the company.
      Don't be too demanding or too easy going in the GD. If you don't know how to start just wait so that someone will catch up and u can definitely join in. It's good if you can start first but make sure you have enough content to be put up bcoz u started first. Don't try to cut other's while they speak but try to remain in the conversation as much as you can. Try to give a proper conclusion from your end as much as possible because I feel that the reviewers will be very attentive towards the end than in the middle. Even if your GD doesn't go well don't worry bcoz there are points both for your application and GD so if you have a strong application then you can easily be shortlisted.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Stresses in a two end supported beam.
      • Question 2: Heat exchanger types (parallel and counter heat exchanger) and their temperature profiles.
      I had an internship in P&G. ITC being an FMCG too most of my interview revolved around the work I did in P&G. It was easy for me bcoz I just had to explain all the stuff which I already did. They asked a bit about my POR's and sports and I explained them briefly..that's it :)
      be thorough with ur resume. They will mostly be asking points from ur resume itself so if you are thorough with ur resume points you can easily get through this round. Prepare some basic core questions from your subjects like thermodynamics, strength of materials etc bcoz they are definitely going to ask you questions about them.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Why ITC?
      • Question 2: What else companies are you giving interviews today?
      • Question 3: Do you like factory work?
      • Question 4: Why not higher studies?
      This interview is mainly to understand whether u r a right fit to ITC or not. They will ask u questions as I stated above. Try to be honest as possible but make sure u don't say anything which is not in line with the company (For eg: When they say about factory work say them that u like it ..if u r honest and say u dont like factory work then there are high chances that u wont be selected bcoz they are mainly looking for people to work in factories in supply chain profile)
      When they questions about other interviews (and if u r actually attending other company interviews) be honest and say them the truth. Don't say that u r not attending others bcoz they will have the list of all companies u r shortlisted on Day-1..
      As you know ITC is an Indian FMCG so try not to focus on other things abroad. They might ask some trap questions like ..Do u like working in foreign countries etc..here u should not say no but yes either..try to put in a good way which favour them the most. (u can say that India is a developing country and there is a lot of potential which can be tapped here so focusing in India can definitely be good in the future..something like that..:P)
      Finally I want to say that its not about ITC or any other company whenever u attend any interview try to be yourself and use your words properly which will give a positive impact to the interviewer that you can actually profit the company a lot than anyone else.
      Hope it helps :)

• Internship work
      • Positions of responsibility
      • Leadership skills
      • team work
      GPA (good if u have 8.0+)

• Basic Core subject courses,
      Good FMCG..great growth (if u work straight for 15 yrs in ITC u can easily reach the top positions of the company)..nice pay :P<br />
      good hours of work like may be max 10hrs per day...

, 13.5k views
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
      Form Group Discussion Technical Interview Technical Interview

Form

It included questions regarding campus activities, and some HR questions, like- Semester SPI details, GRE/CAT/GMAT scores if applicable, projects, summer internships, short-term and long-term objectives, Why ITC?, Most significant achievement, Whether we have engaged with the community through developmental actives addressing social or environmental concern, 'give an instance where you out your mind over matter',

An old man, John Francis dies out of some illness and some events were given which listed the ways the man could have died. We had to prioritize the people involved in the case, in decreasing order from the most responsible to the least responsible. The people listed were Mr. Francis, Mrs. Francis, personal doctor, hospital services, lawmakers and voters of the country.
      We had 5 minute to study the case and 15 minutes to discuss it in a group of 8 people.
      It is a good idea to learn the possible GD questions beforehand . The cases repeat every year across different campuses.
      Do not engage in any kind of shouting in the GD.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Tell us about yourself, family background and campus stay
      • Question 2: About internship
      • Question 3: Why ITC?
      • Question 4: What is a boundary layer flow, how is it different from main stream flow? How does it vary with Reynold's number?
      • Question 5: Difference between Bernoulli equation and Navier Stokes equation
      • Question 6: Calculation of tonnage rating of a room
      • Question 7: Kevin Planck and Clausius statement of second law of thermodynamics
      • Question 8: Vapour compression refrigeration, T-s diagram
      • Question 9: Which port is bigger in size for IC engines?
      • Question 10: You seem to be very soft spoken, would you be able to manage a group of 50-60 people?
      • Question 11: about my qualities that my friends associate me with
      • Question 12: Why not research?
      There were two interviews, a mix of technical and HR, but mostly on the technical side. Duration: 25-30 minutes
      You should be clear with your summer internships and the projects that you have done. You can expect technical cross-questioning on the same. The technical problems basically focus on applying the knowledge from the courses you study.
      Technical topics important for ITC branch wise are as follows:

Chemical: Basic fluid mechanics, Pumps, Fans, Cmpressors and their characteristic curves, Heat engines and Refrigeration cycles, Working of coolers and ACs, Psychrometry, Heat and Mass transfer basics.

Mechanical: Four bar linkages, Cams, Gears, Basic mechanics of solids, PID control mechanism, Energy systems, Plus above mentioned topics.

Electrical: Motors, PID control mechanisms, 3 phase distribution systems, Characteristic curves of machines, transformer, Basic electronic circuits.

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Regarding internship
      • Question 2: Why did you join Entrepreneurship cell?
      • Question 3: What is a Nyquist plot, uses?
      • Question 4: PID Controller, uses, advantages and disadvantages
      • Question 5: PD and PI controllers
      • Question 6: Which controller should we use in a rotary tobacco drier?
      • Question 7: What other companies are you interviewing today?
      • Question 8: regarding interview with MHI
      The panel in the second round consisted of another factory manager/head and the Vice HR Head, ITC.

Try to attend as many sessions as possible which are organized by SPO.<br />
        Do not waste time in placement politics or discussing about it. This will only derail you from your dream company.
        ITC is one of the most admired and rapidly growing Indian company with a diversified presence in FMCG, paperboard and packaging, Agriculture and IT sector which offers great business exposure. <br />
        It has a very good base and brand value if your want to do your MBA after a few years of work experience.

, 6.2k views
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC
        Group Discussion Other Interview HR Interview

The Group Discussion happened in groups of six. We were also given five minutes of prep time. We were presented with five different energy sources available in a hypothetical region.
        The objective was to choose the best alternative to solve the energy crisis in the region.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Walk me through your resume ?
        • Question 2: Tell me about your background ?
        • Question 3: Why did you use this pump ?
        • Question 4: Why did you limit your model to these inputs ?
        This round was primarily core based. The first few questions were a set of typical HR introductory questions. Next thequestions were primarily about my interships and projects. I found this round pretty fast paced and rapid. They would randomly pick something from my resume and would ask me to briefly explain it. Then there were tons of follow up questions. There were also a few HR questions which were behavioural in nature - wherein you would be asked to give an instance from your life that illustrated a competency like people skills conflict resolution etc.
        Be through with everything on your resume.

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Why ITC?
        • Question 2: Hobbies?
        • Question 3: Why should we hire you?
        Reasonably laid back and chilled out. I was interviewed by the CEO and an MD of the ITC Paper and Packaging division. I also got to ask a couple of questions in the end.

• Confidence while communicating.
        • Clarity in arguments.
        • Practical application of concepts.
        Make sure you are able to speak constructively about every line in your resume. Have a clear understanding of every project/internship. Revise all your courses from a practical standpoint. I would highly recommend going through the Lab experiments and their respective chapters in McCabe & Smith. Apart from Core, I was focusing on Finance. I had cleared CFA level 1 and so I revised the syllabus once. I would recommend reading the Econ, CorpFin, Portfolio Management and Derivatives portions of the level 1 syllabus. Reading ET everyday can be of great help in the interview andGD. Also pick and read about any five major Fin/Econ episodes in the world. Apart from that practice puzzles regularly. And MOST importantly prep for CAT. Almost all the companies beyond Day 1.1 have CAT based tests as a shortlisting criteria.
        Interviews are nothing but a story telling competition. Pick a unifying theme and prepare a story for yourself. This should come out in the first two/three minutes of the interview. Make sure you have a rationale behind having done everything you have put in your resume. The interviewers look at your resume in its totality and not as bunch of independent spikes. Google the company. Check out their latest corporate news, product lauches etc. Have answers ready for the following questions - Introduce yourself (2-3 minutes pitch. Clear, concise and well bucketed as acads/interns etc), Strengths & Weaknesses (Pick 3 each and back them up with instances from ur life) and Long term and short term goals (Make sure they are alligned with the firm's culture). Follow the STAR approach (Google it) to answer HR questions. DO NOT mug up answers to standard HR questions. You'll sound unnatural and fake and won't strike a chord with the interviewer. Have a set of bullet points ready and go over them in a way you would when you meet someone on a train.

Axis Bank analytics internship interview

, 9.3k views
        Tejkiran KannaluriFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Analytics role at Axis Bank
        Resume Shortlist Test Guesstimate Interview

Resume shortlist was liberal, I feel. Having experience of using R or python and having worked with data is a plus. Also, coursework like Probability, Linear Algebra might help
        Whether you have analytics experience or not, make sure you quantify your achievements in your resume.

• Section 1: Data Analysis
        4 hour test - They gave us data about movies, director, three actors, all of their Facebook likes, Imdb rating, etc. Was asked to choose a director and cast from the point of view of a production house. I used R but excel was sufficient I hear.
        Knowledge of R is a big plus. However, you can explain whatever you did in excel as well. Approach was given a lot of importance, I think

Guesstimate Interview

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Predict the Number of people online on Facebook right now in Chennai
        I segmented Chennai population based on income and said the least 20% might not have access to internet and very less percentage (say 10%) have access to internet. Segmented the resultant population into young, middle aged and old. Younger chennaites would have arrived after classes (it was 5 :30 pm during my interview) and most of them would be online. Middle aged ones would be mostly travelling home from work unless they worked in night shifts. Older people might not have FB accounts ( a significant percentage).
        They interrupted me in between here and there. However, stay calm and explain them your procedure. Answer was not given much importance it seems

• Data Analysis
        Just going through the videos of the Course : Analytics Edge in Edx would be very helpful for starters

• Analytics Edge,
        Axis Bank hired interns to its Business Intelligence team. I have a basic analytics background and interest too. Axis Bank is a good option to get an experience of how analytics is used in the Retail/Corporate banking industry.

, 1.3k views
        Harsh AgarwalFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for AUT - Assistant Under Training role at ITC in Dec, 2016
        Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Technical + HR Interview Technical + HR Interview

General Resume Shortlist. The company was open for EE, ME and CHE departments. If you have a decent CPI(>8) with a some extra curriculars, you can expect yourself to be safely go through this round. There is an application for with few HR questions , which they use if you reach the interview round,
        Try to cover all aspects in your resume. And make sure whatever you write, you must have the ability to defend it,

Who's mistake?
        A person dies and various reasons were mentioned of his death from different perspective. We need to rank those reasons on the basis of discussion.
        In our group. 3-4 odd guys started fighting just in order to prove their point. Therefore those guys that gave 2-3 good points in between, went through the next interview round. Its not about speaking more, but about speaking sensible.

Technical + HR Interview

First Interview was taken by management of the committee, who did not have great experience at the firm. It was mostly resume based. So you must know each and everything about your resume. In my case, since I have done considerable research, their focus was why I am not going to go for research as this would be managerial. The trick was to convince them that this is what I want to do.
        Be confident in what you answer. Always keep in mind that you know yourself more about your projects that anyone else. So even if you don't remember completely. just speak with confidence. This gives them the expression that you know what you are saying,

Technical + HR Interview

I was given the second round just after my first. They stopped the next candidate going in the panel. and sent me first. That gave me an indication that they are really very serious about taking me. This one was held with the senior management officials of the company. They were more interested about the work I have done earlier in the internships, along with how I can contribute to the organisation. Also they were quite impressed by my answers in the application form.
        If you believe that you have done enough work during your undergraduate, you will yourself feel confident about your chances.
        This is the alert