Associate Software Engineer

Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

CGI associate software engineer interview

Satyajeet BhowmikFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Associate Software Engineer role at CGI

• Section 1: Verbal Ability
  • Section 2: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 3: Programming Basics
  • Section 4: Programming Reasoning
The first round was an online test conducted by hirepro.in. The round was 2 hours and went pretty swift aside from some really 'make or break' questions. As a mechanical Engineer and having next to little proficiency in programming, I was not astounded to find myself biting nails and clicking Flukes while glancing at the ever-incomprehensible coding questions. With each question, it seemed like I was brandishing the bat in the air for all kinds of balls, whether bouncer or Yorker, just for the only reason "I can't make a single thing out of these questions, let alone answer". The verbal and quantitative part was friendlier on me. I was able to answer almost 90% in those two sections. The questions framed were basic and doable with a month’s or two's practice. The verbal section contained- Reading Comprehension, Word Synonym and antonym, Sentence Correction and Sentence orientation and ordering.

p.s: After giving the exam and ravaging the coding part, I saw my chances of getting shortlisted being one in a million. Still, with immense exultation, I got selected and was asked to go for the PI, as if they didn't consider the Programming part for mechanical engineering and other core departments' Students.
The only sutra to succeed in an online test is to stay cool during the exam and to have a healthy breakfast in the morning before the exam.
For the verbal part, start reading omnivorously and focus on sentence formation patterns. At last, Indiabix.com always comes as the saviour. For maths, it needs a lot of Practice. Always, start the preparation for aptitude earlier than your peers: a great way to get a heads up. STAY COOL AND BANG THE GAME.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself.
  • Question 2: Walk me over your strengths and weaknesses.
  • Question 3: Why are you opting for CGI (a consultancy firm)? Why the sudden shift of interest?
  • Question 4: Tell me about the internships that you have done.
  • Question 5: A response to a real life business problematic situation- you are a fresher and in the first day of your job: you face huge ruckus and burden over close deadline, unfinished project work, unsatisfactory clients and horrible working condition because of the same pressure on your co-workers and bosses. What will you do?
  • Question 6: How do you handle stress?
  • Question 7: Why should I hire you instead of all the others?
  • Question 8: Are you up for relocating for the interest of the company?
  • Question 9: Any questions you got to ask me.
Very fortunately, even in a technical interview, all the questions asked to me were HR. I told him (interviewer) that it was my first interview, so, from the outset, I was quite nervous then he talked to me and a friendly air hovered over the whole room. I told him about some of my accomplishments, as was I subsequently asked many follow-up questions.
I took a keen interest in some of the extra-curricular programs of the company such as writing, art related and toastmasters leadership programs, which they mentioned specifically in the pre-placement talk.
During the whole conversation, I never missed my chance to let them know how important the job was for me and how I fit best in the offered position.
1) Be confident and most importantly be most authentic yourself.
2) Prepare for the questions beforehand, making an answer ready for every frequently asked hr questions.
3)Refer to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEgQyQPkQIhoXf12FFKSYgQ
A great channel to transcend you to the stars from the gritty earth.
4) Write down the answer to all possible questions and practice orating in front of a mirror.
5) Take interest in the works of the company, a little research from Wikipedia and from company's official site always come in handy.
6) Be ready for some unconventional situation based questions; start your answer by complementing the question and expressing your willingness to answer the same; in this way, you save yourself some time to think the question over and you get to complement the interviewer which is flattering and never harms you in the way.
7) Last but not the least, prepare a strong and impressive resume (not in the sense that you put some fancy fonts in some flamboyant colour); Keep it simple and grammatically correct, mention your accomplishments and never forget to put numbers along with your accomplishments so as to make a measure the degree of your success. Refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oXdhilvcY&t=191s

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell something about yourself.
  • Question 2: Why CGI?
  • Question 3: What do you know about the company?
  • Question 4: What is your motivation?
  • Question 5: Where do you see yourself in five years time?
The interview went for 30-45 mins (actually lost track of time) and was very friendly. I was asked about my family background and about my hometown. She was pretty impressed with my answer to the question- 'Where do you see yourself in five years time?'; I answered (in brief)- 'In five years down the line I would like to be the ambassador for the company, coming to my college and hiring strong-spirited people like me'.
1) Always answer questions emphatically, never with a simple yes or no but relate your answer to a real life experience of yours, better said a story (because human being by its very innate nature loves to hear stories and be swayed by its essence). Think about the time when you were hard-working, time efficient, open to suggestions, and a team leader etc.
2) Don't forget to relate your story to the fact how you want the job, how you will stick with the company and how you are the best candidate out there for this particular position.
3) After you have done all the things mentioned above, you can leave it to the fate or you can lay back chill because you are gonna bag a job today and prepare for the GRAND party afterwards.

Cognizant associate software engineer interview

Shivam ShahFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at st.thomas college of engineering and technology for Associate Software Engineer role at Cognizant

• Section 1: General Aptitute
  • Section 2: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 3: Verbal
This round is the most common round in a general campus recruitment procedure. I have been practising for this round for quite some time, like for 4-5 months. And finally the day came. It was on 1st of September 2016. So it is still fresh in my mind. The test started at somewhere around 2 p.m (as because the number of computers were less than the number of applicants, so we were divided into batches). I was confident enough with the paper as i practised many of them at the time of preparation. We have been told that the paper will be adaptive type. But those who gave the test denied this fact. There were three rounds, aptitude, followed by verbal and logical reasoning. I was tensed at the time of the test as i was fresher and many had expectations from me. Verbal round was easy ( many questions were common with the previous years questions), logical round was easy too, but the aptitude round was a bit tricky. I did some grave mistakes in the aptitude round. So after the test was completed, i was surely not confident with the aptitude portion,(If you are unable to clear one of them, no matter how well you score in the others, you will be rejected). In the evening the results came and luckily i was selected for the second round i.e the technical round.
KEEP PRACTISING THE QUESTIONS..!! Solve questions online as the final test will be machine based and not written. try to solve the question quickly. If possible, buy an aptitude book and solve questions from there. In the final test, If you can't solve a question, SIMPLY LEAVE it and go for the next question. NEVER EVER TRY TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING. Its a grave mistake and can cost you your career. Do your best. Believe in yourself and let your hard work speak..!!
Good luck.!!

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself.
  • Question 2: Tell me about your project.
  • Question 3: Difference between primary key and unique key.
  • Question 4: A basic C program to find the frequency of an alphabet in a string.
  • Question 5: 2 trick questions.
The technical round started at around 10-11 a.m. The interviewer was young and neutral at expression. It wasn't easy to judge how the interviewer was. He started with the default question which was "TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF". I practised that question for about 1000 times and as expected i nailed it. Then he went through my resume. I had included C,JAVA and DBMS as my skill sets. So the questions were from that portions only. i some how managed to answer them all. But i answered wrong in many of them. Seeing the body language of the recruiter. i was sure that i failed to impress him and i'll get rejected. But at last he asked 2 trick questions and i answered it LIKE A BOSS.!! That was the turning point of my interview and he was impressed with that. My interview was over there and shortly after, i was told that i was selected for the HR round. I was too excited as i was selected for the HR round.
PRESENCE OF MIND IS THE KEY..!!! No matter how many wrong answers you give. One impressive right answer can get you your job. Recruiter is no machine or God. He is also a man. Be confident, speak well and to the point. If you don't know the answer, at least try once. Don't be overconfident and over smart. Be yourself. Practise Tell me about yourself thoroughly.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: How you started your day?
  • Question 2: Tell me about your hobbies.
  • Question 3: Do you have any problem in relocation?
  • Question 4: What if you are sent to Coimbatore? How will you manage there?
  • Question 5: Questions on modern day technology
This round is simple conversation round. The HR will ask you question to see what you are. Your behaviour, your body language, your temper, etc, There is no rocket science to crack this round. If you manage to qualify for this round, Consider 90% job done. Be frank, jolly, answer questions to the point. Try to mix up with him. and always KEEP A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. You will definitely qualify..!!
BE CONFIDENT & BE YOURSELF..!!

• R S Agarwal(bth Verbal N Aptitude),
  • Aptitude By R.S.Agarwal,
Start practising for the aptitude round from 4-5 months before the actual test. Practise from various enlisted websites. It helps a lot..!! Believe me. Strengthen your basic concepts. Give only those subjects in your resume with whom you are confident with. Do add your extra curricular activities. It helps.
Infosys is a big company with a very good reputation in the market. loads and loads of people are orking in the company which itself says how the company is.
There were many. I am a bit humorous. So it was easy for me to make the environment light. Though i didn't cracked any joke, but my body language made it so..!!! I was asked that how will i manage with the transport system of the new place where i will go to work. As i am from Kolkata (one of the most busiest public transport system is here), i said that "Sir i have managed with the public transport here in Kolkata, transport in other city is a piece of cake for me..!!", and we both laughed. :-P

Ernst & Young associate software engineer interview

Aditya KhandelwalFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at VIT Vellore for Associate Software Engineer role at Ernst & Young
Test Group Discussion Other Interview

• Section 1: Analytical
  • Section 2: Verbal
  • Section 3: Coding
Enlightening. Really had to rack my brains for that hour. Made a lot of corrections in my own answers before confirming a choice. The coding section was amusing - some MCQ's had programs for each option and you had to 'choose' the right program.
I still remember trembling with excitement/fear when my name was called out in the selected list.
Strengthen your basics.
Timing is never a problem is you do not ponder over each obstacle. Be alert during the test - many questions require common sense over formulae. Read the rules: All the questions in this test were MCQ type without any negative marking. ANSWER ALL before the time ends.

Parenting in present day
A touchy topic as the moderators were (probably) parents and all your comments would reflect your own upbringing. Diplomacy was a major flavor in most of the arguments presented.
The GD was conducted methodically and everyone was given at least one chance to state their views. I was digressing in the beginning but quickly took control of the situation by assessing the environment.
Be confident and rational in your thoughts.NOBODY likes a drama queen, please present your views with a polite intensity.
Listen to all who are present, you may not know everything.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: A cricket puzzle.
  • Question 2: Sorting and Searching in real-life scenario puzzle.
  • Question 3: A couple of questions about electrical and electronics engineering (my branch).
  • Question 4: A couple of questions about what I envision.
I apologize as I don't remember the questions specifically.
The interviewer was exceptionally pleasant and was even nice enough to explain the intricate details of cricket (yes, I am an Indian and I am not a cricket lover :p). I imagine that he liked my method of solving and never-give-up attitude (I did not get the right answer in the first three tries). The rest of the queries simply probed into my basics. Had I been cramming up advanced theorems, I am sure I would have faltered. However, with little hesitation, I braved through all his questions. And I still thank goodness that I did.
I remember the interviewer saying one statement distinctly - 'The rounds get easier as you keep qualifying'. Not sure how far that is applicable to you, but I sure can vouch for it. :)
Candor is a refreshing quality. Please imbibe it.
Spend some time with yourself. Think about who you are and what do you want to become.
Do not be ashamed if money matters to you. Just back it up with virtues. :p
SMILE, you make the world a better place. Or at least the interview room. :D

The most fun way to acquire these skills is to interact with people, discuss ideas, solve random aptitude tests WITH a friend, etc. Do not feel embarrassed to ask someone for help.<br /> If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
I have told most of what I could in the earlier sections... Last tip: Being nice is a choice. Choose it! :)
As I studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering through my college years, I realized that I may not be the best man for it. Sure, anyone can get good grades - even I did. However, I believe that instead of hoarding up a core technical job and finding ways to be contented in it would make life a chore.

So, I looked into new pastures and EY came at the right time. As a brilliant platform for a career take-off, EY spans across economics, consulting and computer coding - which I am excited for. My time in college has indicated my preferences for these fields and I am now confident of my path.
Placement time wasn't easy as the wait was enough to drive one crazy. My impatience for the company's arrival, the test results, the GD results and finally the interview results left little scope for humor.

Apart from a few inside jokes with friends, a handful of instances like running from one written test to another and tripping on the way; rambling away during the GD so much so that the moderator has to end explaining the topic again; stopping a chuckle during the interview but ending up in a violent bout of cough make me laugh even today...

Oh yes! The interviewer's face when I asked if ODI matches were the ones with 50 overs or what. Epic! XD

Bosch associate software engineer interview

Vandan RevanurFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore for Associate Software Engineer role at Bosch

• Section 1: Technical Section
  • Section 2: Aptitude Section
The technical section consisted of questions different branches. I shall answer from ECE point of view. The test had same questions for electrical cluster , ie ECE ,EEE, IT,TC . There were 35 questions in this section. The questions were based on subjects in 1st 2nd and 3rd year. Mainly concentrated on DEC, AEC, Micro-controllers, Control systems and a few basic electronics questions as well. This section also had 5 questions on programming as well. The test also had negative marking. +1 and -0.25 was the scheme. The second aptitude section had 25 questions on logical reasoning, data interpretation.
Answer only those questions which you are confident about the answer.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Explain about the projects you have done, have you done them for curriculum or out of interest?
  • Question 2: What are your favourite subjects?
  • Question 3: Draw the block diagram, and explain all the components of 8051 micro-controller
  • Question 4: Difference between Micro-controller and Microprocessor
  • Question 5: What are Von Neumann and Harvard classifications, which does 8051 belong to?
  • Question 6: How many bit is data bus and how many is address bus, also if there are 8 lines how many memory locations are present?
  • Question 7: What are interrupts? Explain in detail what happens in 8051 when there is interrupt, What happens when there is an interrupt within an interrupt?
  • Question 8: Where is the location of current line of execution stored when there is an interrupt?
  • Question 9: Draw basic logic gates
  • Question 10: Draw half adder without using EXOR gate , draw full adder without EXOR
  • Question 11: Given an input string, remove spaces and give me output string
The interview started on a tensing note, but he told me to make myself comfortable. He was more interested in how I would approach the problem rather than the syntax or trivialities of the code. He tried to confuse me even when my answer was correct. The interview went on for 30-40 mins. At the end of which the interviewer gave me a HR form to fill, and told me to proceed to the HR interview.
Be confident and do not say things you don't know about, many of my friends got rejected for bluffing.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
  • Question 2: Family background ( what does your father do ?, what does your mother do?, etc)
  • Question 3: Why Bosch?
  • Question 4: What did you understand from yesterday's presentation?
  • Question 5: What are your plans for higher studies?
The interviewer had a stern expression on his face, and was serious throughout the interview. He asked me why i had done a C++ project though i was from a ECE background, ( I explained that I had taken an elective OOPS which required us to do a mini project as a part of our curriculum). He also asked what i know about Bosch, this is a definite question, prepare well for it.
Be confident and truthful, do not bluff about anything. They are well trained to detect those anomalies.

Revise your understanding of your projects thoroughly.

• The 8051 microcontroller and embedded systems by Mazidi and Mazidi,
  • Vani gate Book for DEC,
Prepare the subjects of second year and third year well. Do not panic in the interview, answer the questions to the point.
Bosch is one of the pioneers in the embedded systems domain. Also I had heard very good reviews from my seniors about the company.

NRI Financial Technologies associate software engineer interview

Soumini PyneFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at st.thomas college of engineering and technology for Associate Software Engineer role at NRI Financial Technologies
Test Technical Interview HR Interview Directors' Round

• Section 1: Quants(12)
  • Section 2: Data Structure & Algorithm (5)
  • Section 3: RDBMS(5)
  • Section 4: OOPs concept(10)
  • Section 5: Java/C++(15) (output generation and code observation; no coding)
Test was relatively of medium difficulty level. One must be clear with the basic concepts to clear this test with ease. The last section must be carefully attempted.
Just keep clear concepts and make a choice of Java or C++ prior to the test and practise likewise.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself
  • Question 2: Offered me cold drink then looked through my resume and went straightaway to my extracurriculars. So you have done tshirt painting so tell me the steps of ordering tshirts for 100 people in details.
  • Question 3: Build table(s) based on your descriptions
  • Question 4: What is primary key?
  • Question 5: What is candidate key?
  • Question 6: Which is the primary key in the table(I had constructed a single table)?
  • Question 7: He asked me to introduce some more attributes in the table and then asked me if i required to break the single table?
  • Question 8: How to maintain relation between the broken tables if at all i require breaking?
  • Question 9: Asked to mark the primary key in each table and foreign keys
  • Question 10: A C program to reverse a given number
  • Question 11: Difference between C and Java
  • Question 12: Layered diagram of Operating System cimponents
  • Question 13: Explain mesh topology and how is it used in my college
  • Question 14: Drawback of mesh topology and how it could be solved
  • Question 15: Why Noruma?
  • Question 16: What would you do if your team member is not available or not contributing to a project which you need to complete urgently?
  • Question 17: What is the guarantee that you will work with us?
  • Question 18: What if our working language changes suddenly, would u quit ?
  • Question 19: Some questions on my hobbies.
I had two interviewers in my panel and they were rather trying to make me comfortable before asking me technical questions. They know you might forget but its important you try.
You must know your subjects of choice thoroughly. Go through java if possible. Have clear concepts.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Introduce yourself
  • Question 2: What is your goal in life?
  • Question 3: How do you define success for yourself?
  • Question 4: What are the qualities of a team member and team leader?
  • Question 5: Why nomura?
  • Question 6: We work on a single domain so are you sure you would be happy to work with finances ?
  • Question 7: Family related and interests related discussion.
  • Question 8: Do you have any question?
It was a good experience since my HR focussed on my personal traits and asked me my choice domain that I would enjoy working in
Be patient and give logical answers to the questions. Study well about the company.

Directors' Round

A panel consisting of 7 members had a small discussion with me. Introduction followed by what I know about the company. Also some normal HR questions may be asked.
Be confident since this round is for acquaintance and does not have someone removed for this.

Prepare well!

Infosys associate software engineer interview

Sandeep SahuFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Andhra University for ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER role at Infosys
Test HR Interview

around 70 mins Minutes
  • Section 1: QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
  • Section 2: LOGICAL REASONING
  • Section 3: VERBAL ABILITY
The test was a really basic one. Also the cut off was decided depending upon the performance of those who have appeared for the exam. So a basic knowledge of maths, reasoning and verbal helped me get through the exam. Each section  had a specific time limit and cut off. I was able to complete each section within stipulated time and able to answer most of them correctly. My knowledge of aptitude I had through my coaching also helped me.
Keep your cool and don't get tensed. the questions are not above the tenth class standard even. You'll have a lot of time to think and answer every question. Don't take a risk of copying. You can surely crack the test. You'll know few questions before you enter the examination centre, as people who already appeared for the test have a habit of debating on these questions. I'm sure the paper is same for all the batches. So there isn't any reason to worry at all.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: I'll be mentioning each and everything in my experience itself
My college is one of the biggest ones in Andhra Pradesh. To handle the entire bunch of comparatively better students in the state, they gave us a privilege of clearing only Test and Interview. We had no group discussion.  Coming to interview, mine was purely on HR. The questions were expected and are common HR questions for most of interviews. He asked me to tell me about myself. I told him everything. Then he had gone through my resume and asked me a few questions on my intern-ships, social activities and about the events in which I participated and organised. I explained him everything. Then he asked  me why software and then why Infosys. I answered these questions too. That's all about the questions. My panellist was a cool guy. He was laughing all through. So I could answer exactly on what I've prepared. In fact I was laughing through the entire process. It was like a small chat with a strange and new friend.
Be prepared on your resume. Every point counts. The panellists can easily guess which isn't your true achievement and can grill you on that. So be careful while preparing your resume and be prepared to answer any question related to your resume. There were people who had experience Technical round also. So having a knowledge of Basic C language will be helpful. Common HR questions are available on the internet. Most of the interview depends on how we attempt these questions. So be prepared on those questions and finally the most important thing is, don't get tensed, keep a smile on your face and let the words flow even if you feel they are wrong.
This is a campus placement and the panellists are surely going to select most of you. A 7 day preparation is more than enough. Prepare well. Don't get tensed. Keep a smile on your face. Your confidence level matters the most for them. So don't regret for few mistakes in the interview process.
This was an On campus drive in my college and I had to surely apply for this company as I had no core company visiting my campus. Many of my seniors are working in this campus and have told me that the training in Infosys is an ultimate one.
I already knew many of the questions in verbal ability before I appeared for the exam from my friends. Also we could discuss and answer few questions in the test. The interviewer was a funny guy. The entire session was really funny and we had a debate on the company's owner for a while which was more funny

Amdocs associate software engineer interview

Shubham BhattarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at BIT Mesra for Associate Software Engineer role at Amdocs

• Section 1: Personality Test
  • Section 2: Quantitative Ability
  • Section 3: Logical Reasoning
  • Section 4: English
  • Section 5: Automata
  • Section 6: UNIX, SQL and PL/SQL, C/C++/Java
The test was conducted on AMCAT.Before starting the test, we had to select one language among C/C++/Java. I selected C. The programming questions in Automata were pretty easy (one on array manipulation and another on pattern). The questions on UNIX were pretty good. One needs to have a good knowledge of UNIX commands to crack this section. SQL and PL/SQL questions was a bit difficult for me. Questions on C were mainly on predicting output.
I mainly practiced Quantitative problems and LR from indiabix.com
Programming: Practice a lot of pattern generating questions. Simple array manipulation problems.
UNIX: Read a lot of commands. You should have a good knowledge of all the basic commands like: less, more, tee, grep, chmod, sort, sed, kill, top, vi editor commands, knowledge of shell scripting.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why do you want to be a Software Engineer? What drives you?
The interviewer spent a good 3-4 minutes on my Resume. He liked it very much. Then he asked me what do I know about Amdocs? I told him what I knew and after that he explained to me what the company is all about and what work they do there. He told me to explain my projects and achievements (mainly on programming competitions). I thoroughly explained him my projects (what technologies I had used, why I chose to make those projects, what was the end result, etc.).

After that he pulled out a sheet which had a list of technologies that they use in Amdocs. He discussed with me how much knowledge/exposure I had in each one of them. In the process, to rate my knowledge in those technologies, he asked me a few questions (a few questions on pointers and OOP).

Then we discussed the results of my Automata test and Personality test. He asked me a lot of personality and behavior related questions.

He didn't ask me many technical questions. We mainly discussed about my level in various technologies.
The interview was very smooth. Just keep confidence and be prepared to answer any question regarding your Resume. Pay attention to your communication skills also.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me something about yourself?
  • Question 2: Why do you want to join Amdocs?
  • Question 3: Convince me to hire you.
  • Question 4: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • Question 5: What are your future plans?
Be confident while answering any question. Prepare well for these questions. Do study a bit about the company.

Accenture associate software engineer interview

Shashank KumarFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at KIIT University for ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER role at Accenture
Test HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude and Verbal Ability
The questions were very easy and one can easily solve all the questions within the stipulated time.
1) Try to practice as much aptitude questions as much as you can and also make the time count.2) Stick to your answers and not to your friend's one because after all its a competition and everyone want to
succeed3) If you have covered a particular topic in quant section but you are unable to solve a question coming from that   section then don't stick to it.Move forward. Always remember "Exam is more of Problem Selection than the Problem Solving"4) Manage time wisely.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Broadcasting of western serials on Indian channels should be banned? Why or Why not?
  • Question 2: Tell us about the new IT trends.
  • Question 3: Tell us about your projects.
1)The experience was nice one.People supported their side with some logical points. There were some illogical sort of
things but yeah at the end what actually matters is how you have presented that illogical things logically.
2)Regarding the IT trends, interviewees threw light on SMAC, Big data, Use of IT in suspension of Automobiles.
1) Always "try to Listen to the answers of others "in group Interview. It helps a lot.
Let me site you an instance. At a particular instance of time in the interview they asked that "what do you think
about Two and Half men"? Honestly speaking I was unaware of that. But then suddenly some of fellow guys told
that it is vulgar and other one told that it is comedy. So I came to know that it is vulgar yet comedy. and then I
took forward that point.
2) Always have the knowledge of things that you have mentioned in your CV/Resume.
3) Be confident about things you are speaking and don't get unbalanced if somebody misguides you.

• For C/C++ - Balaguruswamy,
Videos
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxM0Sn6_t8w( for Interview),
  • CATIA,
1) Don't take tensions, it never helps actually.

2) Have confidence in yourself.

3) Don't get disheartened if you are rejected by few companies

4) Always remember

"If you can see the invisible then you can achieve the impossible."
1) Work Culture.
In the end of the interview

Interviewer: Do you have any question?

Me :- Sir, What is the scope of growth in you company?

Interviewer:- What do you mean by that?

Me(In a very very low tone): Hikes and promotions?

He even listens to that.

Interviewer (Smiling):- You are yet not selected and you are asking for hikes and promotions!!!

A moment pause.

And then he explains everything clearly in a friendly manner.

Ernst & Young associate software engineer interview

Mitali SinghFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at MSIT GGSIPU for Associate Software Engineer role at Ernst & Young
Test Group Discussion Technical Interview HR Interview

1 hour Minutes
  • Section 1: Computer programming
  • Section 2: computer science
  • Section 3: verbal and non-verbal reasoning
  • Section 4: ADA and Data Structure
Questions were quite tricky, but not difficult.
Most of the questions were from data structure like stacks, queues, sorting and complexity etc.
Do not think much about each question. They will totally depend on your general understanding about programming topics.

SOCIALMEDIA AND ITS IMPACT ON GenZ
It was great discussion. firstly, the EY team made us very comfortable and he told us his first experience about GD. He supported every contentest's opinion without any biasing and arguments. We were 15 students in our group discussion
Don't divert from your perspective about whatever topic you will get. Be calm and slow but effective
Don't talk out of topic
Be a good listener so as you can support or disagree with other's view

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: they asked me only what i have mentioned in my resume. My first question was swap two numbers without using third variable.
  • Question 2: What is the difference between arrays and linked list. Which one is better
I wrote the code for the same.
I answered the second question very well
Do not overwhelm your resume with too much of extra information

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell us about yourself?
  • Question 2: How do you manage your tuition classes with your college hectic schedule?
  • Question 3: Will your parents allow you to work late at night and in weekends?
  • Question 4: What have you done in your research paper?
  • Question 5: What was your role in your minor project?
Told.
Calm and be sensible.
Nervousness and fumbling may degrade your performance
Answer precise and relevant
Guys do not preset your mind with any stuff of information before a day of your interview.

Keep your point precise and sensible. Like other MNCs, EY don't expect a fluenced english speaking candidate,instead they want to see how different you are from other in any aspect.
I took a sound sleep in college auditorium after my GD selection, as they were conductiong interview one selecte

Accenture associate software engineer interview

Anurit JainFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at JECRC University for Associate Software Engineer role at Accenture
Test Behavioural Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude test
The aptitude test was conducted by AMCAT. It was an adaptive test. The paper consists of 25 questions of Quant, 24 of logic and 25 of verbal. The duration of the test was 75 minutes.
Prepare Quantitative questions well from RS agrawal. Also practice mor n more logical and verbal questions from Indiabix. You can easily crack this test if you practiced on indiabix and m4maths.

Behavioural Interview

The result of the test was announced the same day and we were called on next day for interview. In interview they called five student together. I was accompanied by 3 girls and a boy. There were two interviewer in the room both were females. In the interview they first asked us about yourself then they gave a single topic to each of us and asked us to speak on the topic like an extempore.
My topic was the situation of female cricket team of India. I spoke for around 1 and half minute and after that they asked me some question about that. Then asked some obvious question like why to join this company, About accenture etc. Then she asked some question about the project like its working, use, efficiency etc. They also asked some basic question of C, C++ like what are libraries, what is conio.h, getch() etc.
In summary I would say they hired only on the basis of excellent communication english. Technical knowledge was not so important.

• General Aptitude By R S Aggarwal,
Videos
  • Interview Videos On Youtube,
Accenture is a very good company to start your career with. The work environment is also very good and flexible.
They asked me - tell me about your girlfriend?

I replied I dnt hv girlfriend. then he said 'oh! i can understand, you are an 'Engineering Student'.