Associate Engineer

Associate Engineer Interview Questions and Tips

, 7.5k views
Application
I was interviewed on-campus for Associate Engineer role at Airbus
Test Test Interview Interview

Based on questions from solid mechanics, structural analysis, continuum mechanics and finite element analysis. The question paper is mixed with objective and subjective questions with more than one options correct. I would emphasise on the fact that the questions are HIGHLY conceptual which means that the questions are not very demanding numerically nor are they lengthy. The questions primarily target the conceptual understanding of the student. The questions are not about solving problem. For e.g they’ll give a formula and give 4 situations, and ask in which situation will the formula be applicable. The questions are mainly on the assumptions and the domain of applicability of the various theories that we very frequently use in our respective subjects. The structural division had negative marking for incorrect answers. Simple questions on geometry, area volume, work time, unitary method etc . If one has good speed and accuracy, one can easily sail through it.
Also, it goes without saying Do not even try to use unfair means. Do not cram up big formulas for the exam either. No one is interested in testing the limits of your memory. The paper is analytical. If you have a basic knowledge of your field there should not be a problem.

Simple class 10th level questions on geometry , unitary method, work and time problems.
Don’t get stuck on one problem. Leave it if you can’t solve and move on to the next. Keep track of time.

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why do you want to join Airbus?
  • Question 2: Which companies have you applied for till now?
  • Question 3: What if you don’t get selected?
Single interview. One must clear this to move on to the technical interview. General questions.Simple interview. They’ll ask some basic questions. Be confident and sensible. Must have good communication skills.
Please respect the fact that the person interviewing you is much more experienced than you. Do not try to outsmart him (trust me you can’t), that will only hurt your chances of selection. Do not give answers that you cannot defend, and please do not give stupid answers that you find on the internet. The interviewer is intelligent enough to make out .

Interview

Tough questions. Basically picked up from your CV and the courses that you mention on your CV. They also grill you about the MTP and BTP. Only the textbook knowledge of the subject will not suffice.Try to have a knowledge of the practical applications of you area of study in MTP and BTP. You must also be capable of expressing your answer in a clear and a technical fashion.
Again, don’t try to outsmart them. Don’t waste time in answering a question that you have no clue about.Although the questions may be tough, they can be answered if you know the fundamentals. Work hard in your MTP and BTP. Make sure you know each and every detail about it. Also no point in making guesses if you don’t know the true answer. Even if you guess right , they will keep questioning you until you find yourself in a dead-end.

Airbus is a core engineering firm. Academics are MOST important here. At the same time, only a high C.G.P.A does not ensure your selection. A good C.G.P.A is a must to get short-listed in the first place but you MUST have a good grasp of the fundamentals. This time the company short-listed students above 7.5. Once you get short listed, your C.G.P.A is not a criterion from that point onwards. Also, it is not the on paper intelligence that one carries on their grade sheets that will help. One’s performance in the written exams and the interviews conducted by the company will matter the most. For this particular company I don’t think extra curricular activities play an important role. I did not have any extra academic activities mentioned in my resume apart of some very basic ones like NCC, NSS etc. I was not at all questioned about them in my interviews. I stress again that being a G.Sec or an Inter IIT participation is of no help in this particular case. I think almost all of the students here at IIT have the minimum math or quantitative ability required for the selection procedure for this company. The aptitude test is easy and most of the students can do well. it is just Class X mathematics that is asked. So that should not be a problem. As far as the knowledge of software is concerned,there was no such requirement but basic programming skills are always desirable on a resume and I think most of the students here have it. I was questioned a lot about by M tech project as well as my B tech Project. So make sure one knows every small detail about their BTPs and MTPs.No questions were asked regarding the interns.
    The only material for preparation are your syllabus textbooks. People generally think that academics capabilities are not required for future success, and they tend to believe that if they are smart enough they can “crack” interviews. Well, Airbus is not one of those companies. You have to be academically sound no matter how “uncool” that sounds. Rest just work on your communication skills. Study well during you entire course of study and you will be confident and all set to go. All the best to all the future aspirants.

Unisys associate engineer interview

, 5.3k views
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus for ASSOCIATE ENGINEER role at Unisys
    Resume Shortlist Test Test Test Group Discussion HR Interview Technical Interview

Since it was an on campus recruitment process my resume had to only satisfy the minimum criteria specified by the Company profile. So it wasn't a problem to get my resume shortlisted.

• Section 1: Aptitude/Technical
    It was mentioned that there will be an online aptitude cum technical test for the first round. But there were just very few questions from logical and mathematical aptitude mostly from probability, profilt and loss, distance & time etc. It was mostly a technical aptitude which comprised of 3 parts.Part 1 contained questions based on programming in C, C++, OOPs, DBMS, operating systems, DS, output finding etc. and a few mathematical aptitude questions.Part 2 and 3 were purely technical.
    Please pratice the technical aptitude from various online websites. Geeks for Geeks as reference.

• Section 1: ETSE (English test for software Engineers)
    It was quite interesting and the easiest part for me. They conducted a listening test, passage writing, Interpretation of passages.

• Section 1: Algorithmic writing
    This was a technical round where I was given 5 questions and and i had to describe the given algo and write few pseudo codes in minimum words. There were 3 algorithmic questions (BFS, string searching in very large file and 1 more which i dont remember) and two output finding.

NO GD

It was a 15 minutes chat. There were common questions being asked for eg. talk about yourslef, carrer goals, interests, background, future plans etc. (you can always google for common HR questions). Since the person was also from Products development division so she also asked about my project and a few tecnical questions.At last i asked a few querries like the growth opportunities, R & D of Unisys etc.
    Please research a bit about the Company and Job profile before going inisde the room and do ask a few querries, that showa your enthusiasm.

Tecnical interview went for about 25 minutes. There were quetions from all the common topics like Data structures, Operating system, DBMS, C, C++ and java. He asked bout my interests and started asking questions accordingly.He also made me write a few codes. The codes were not all that tough. Coomon linked lists, sorting codes etc.
    Please study the subjects mentioned and OOP concepts.
    The HR will always ask your interests first and act accordingly, so choose and prepare few topics very well.

• Technical Skills
    • Programming
    • Confidence
    • Communication skills(major soft skill tested)

• Narasimha Karumanchi for Data strucures.,
    Try to be confident and communicate very well.

, 15.3k views
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus for Associate Engineer role at Qualcomm
    Test Interview Interview Interview

• Section 1: VLSI(basic analog,digital and communication)/CS/ EC(More of DSP and communication)
    • Section 2: Basic Computer programing skills: C-language funda(loops execution), sorting algorithms and their complexity
    • Section 3: General ability (CAT questions very simple which we solve with Venn diagram and keen observation)
    Tell me about yourself: tell something special about yourself and make yourself proud. Setup time and hold time Digital design, Combinational and sequential circuits design(thorough understanding of design steps) were some of the questions. appeared for VLSI written test. They expected very basic knowledge in Digital, analog, communication subjects. CAT type of questions and very basic Computer programming questions (Three sections each about 15-20 questions). Online test was very easy, so I think cutoff was high.
    Be calm, relaxed and answer questions thoughtfully Attention to instructions is important.

Interview

Interview was completely oriented on Job profile: digital VLSI and some personal questions.
    Be confident. Be clear in your answers and proper explanation to it. Take your time to think and act. If you don’t know something accept it. More importantly wear smile on your face. This automatically brings confidence within you.

Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: CMOS circuit power, Computer architecture: Pipelining and Parallelism
    • Question 2: Verilog basic knowledge: Language to H/W mapping.
    • Question 3: What is your pas- sion and what is that you did for it.
    Some more VLSI design questions. Personal questions too.
    Think and answer. Both Interview panels were very cool and calm. Take your time to think and answer.

Interview

This was very formal interview. Not much to say.
    Show your keen interest to know more about the company and activi-ties, corporate life, your work in company.

Good academic records. CGPA criteria for Qualcomm was 8 and they were very strict about CG cutoff. A thorough subject preparation. Be mentally prepared for HR questions. Be focused till you actually have offer in your hand. Tech events, Leadership qualities like positions in Hall, Gymkhana etc. in Tech committees would help a lot for these Technology companies. Qualcomm HR clearly mentioned they need candys who can take initiative, self motivated and more inclined to technology leadership and achievements.
      Technology initiative and leadership. Good Academics really help a lot in the interview (There was no CV submission till we qualify Written test) Most important is a thorough preparation: Start as early as possible atleast in Mid of Oct./first week of Nov. starting from good CV preparation to brushing up and thorough understanding of all important subjects for Technology companies you are targeting.

Infosys associate engineer interview

, 5k views
      Vickram KumarFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at Anil Neerukonda Institute of Technology and Sciences for Associate Engineer role at Infosys
      Test HR Interview

95 min Minutes
      • Section 1: General Aptitude
      • Section 2: logical Reasoning
      • Section 3: Verbal
      I felt that aptitude and logical reasoning sections were a bit easier than verbal .Overall the test was moderately difficult and I cleared it somehow
      Try to answer the paragraph questions in verbal section .please don't leave them seeing a big passage...

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Tell me about yourself?
      • Question 2: As i was from rajasthan i was asked how i ended up here in vizag
      • Question 3: why infosys?.
      • Question 4: why are u opting for a software job when ur having good knowledge of core?
      • Question 5: how can we assure ourselves that u would join us?
      • Question 6: a Few technical questions related to our core mechanical
      The interview was overall a satisfactory one .Though I stumbled initially later I picked up the pace and did well and managed to convince him to hire me
      stay cool calm and composed.Answer straight to the question.

• Core Mechanical Concepts
      • Verbal Communication Skills
      • Verbal Ability
      • Logical Reasoning
      • Aptitude
      Infosys is easy to crack if prepared with a bit of focus

• RS Aggarwal For Verbal And Non Verbal,
      • Rs Aggarwal,
      Have confidence in your abilities.
      Infosys is a global organisation and working here will definitely elevate your standards
      The one where the interviewer says that as you

HARMAN associate engineer interview

, 8.9k views
      Pankaj JagatFresherSelected
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Associate Engineer role at HARMAN
      Test Technical Interview HR Interview

It was not so easy not so tough. You require Knowledge of C, JAVA, Basic aptitude for clearing this round. Around 60-65 students took the test. Out of which they selected 31 students for next round.

These 31 people went through the 1st technical round, was not so tough. You can crack it easily if you are good at what you tell them you know. From this round 12 candidates were selected for next technical round.
      2rd technical interview: This was pretty hard. I gave only 60% answers for the question asked. But they seemed satisfied with the answers which I gave. This includes one or 2 Puzzles too.

All of us then went through the HR round( here just prepare good answers for the standard HR questions ). This was merely a formality. All of us got through it and got placed.

1. I referred "Test your C skills" By Yashwant Khanetkar, "Data Structures made easy by Narshimha Karumanchi".<br /> 2. For Further Programming I did questions from geeks for geeks.<br /> 3. First thing is to clear the aptitude test so start with Arun Sharma or R.S. Agrawal.<br /> <br /> I didn't prepared for aptitude very well. So at first I was getting kicked out of the first step itself. So be good at it in the coming summers only. And then prepare your technical part. Change your way of answering according to the company. Its easy to get placed if you work smartly. No need to take tension. Be enthusiastic and dynamic.<br /> .
      1. Be thorough with the subjects that you have studied in your respective branch and the projects that you did. <br />
      2. For this particular company learn 8086 microprocessor & O.S. very well.<br />
      3. Be confident with your answers and do not push it if you don't know.<br />
      <br />
      The job profile offered was Associate Engineer. Yeah, at the end they do give you a chance to ask questions about the company. By this they are basically checking that, if you are interested in the company or not. So if you really want to get in, then do ask question to them about what exactly will be your role in the company, but before that fill them in that you are aware of the job profile offered, otherwise they will think you don't know about the job which you want. And ask about the HR's experience in the company, the work environment. Ask a maximum of two questions not more than that, because you don't want to seem like a chatterbox. If you are reading this best of luck, may the odds be with you.

, 15k views
      Application
      I was interviewed on-campus for Associate Engineer role at Qualcomm
      Test Interview

Online test consists of 3 parts:
      1) Aptitude
      2) programming (C/C++, Data Structures)
      3) Technical.
      No negative marking. Apti and programming parts were easy. There were three different technical sections forthree different profiles: 1) Hardware 2) Communication/DSP 3) Software.I appeared for 2nd profile. In this, the technical section had question mostly from DSP, few from communication, analog circuits, digital circuits etc. Each section was given different amount of time. Time for the Technical section was less and I felt that this section was the deciding factor in short listing. There was a CGPA cutoff of 7.5 . My CGPA was 8.75.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview out of which 2 were technical and 1 was HR round. Asked about thesis, term papers, trainings, and question on Digital logic circuits: to design FSM, designing simple logic circuits, delay & its calculation in the digital circuit, MOS etc. Few communication related questions, some puzzles and apti questions. In HR, they asked common HR questions like about yourself, Why qualcomm, training experience, any specific location preference etc. both the technical rounds were almost 40 minutes long and HR was 20 minutes.

1) Should be clear about your M.Tech thesis, B.Tech project, summer training, Term papers. Understand their terminologies and concepts since almost all companies ask about it.<br />
        2) For aptitude preparation, solve the material available in preparation portal, can see for online aptitude tests and puzzles and along with that appear honestly in the mock tests organized by SPO. Aim on accuracy and speed.<br />
        3) For Programming preparation, revise basic concepts of C and DS, you can use book by Denis Ritche, Yeshwant Kanetkar. Solve online mock programming tests, so you get aware of standard questions andmost common mistakes. Try to write some codes while preparing so that you will be confident writing infront of interviewer, especially of DS like linked list, trees, sorting, searching etc. I did not prepare for OS,but most of the software companies do ask questions on it. Galvin is the standard book for OS.<br />
        4) Technical: very vast field includes all the course and practical knowledge you have been studying. Basicconcepts should be clear. Prepare Digital circuit design, Communication, Wireless Communication, DSP,<br />
        Computer networks, and most importantly subjects of your interest <br />
        5) Do prepare in groups, it will help you in clearing your doubts and also it will improve your interview skills. Mock interviews are also organized for your confidence building.

Target Corporation associate engineer interview

, 7.1k views
        Sahil DevFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for Associate Engineer role at Target Corporation

30+1 questions
        • Section 1: Coding test
        Test was good. It required basic programming (not high level programming).

There was 1 coding question and 30 MCQs. MCQs were based on DS and algorithms. While the coding problem could be done with simple programming and logic.
        Practice a lot of coding problems from geeksforgeeks.org and interviewbit.com

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Sorting an array of strings
        • Question 2: Bumblebee puzzle
        • Question 3: Guess estimation
        It was a pretty easy question. They just wanted to see if I can think in a proper direction if given a task. The interviewer was a sensible person (not some frustrated one who just wants to get over with it). It was a good experience.
        Don't answer spontaneously. Take your time to think thoroughly, ask the interviewer relevant parameters, interact with the interviewer by telling him about your thinking process on paper (not just by talking) by writing on the paper.

Interview Questions
        • Question 1: Mostly about life decisions
        The HR of Target is a very good person. She encouraged me through every question she asked.
        Just be calm. You may be asked about different experiences of your life, so take your time before answering the questions.

• Analytics And Coding
        Both requires a lot of practice and

Videos
        • Mycodeschool.com,
        • Algorithms And Datastructures,

, 5.7k views
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus for Associate Engineer role at Airbus
        Resume Shortlist Test Technical Interview HR Interview

Most probably, there is no shortlisting on the basis of CV. Everybody can appear for next round. However, many questions based on CV are asked in later phases. Emphasis on technical skills and details of projects completed. For the EE/IE/EC/MA technical test: NOT MCQ type. Mostly control system based elementary questions. Besides this there were some puzzles, some MATLAB based problems and 2 programming questions. There were also some questions on the fundamentals of aerodynamics. Mental ability test was a set of around 40 short numericals (MCQ type).

Two written tests: First, a technical test (separate for different departments) followed by a common mental ability test. Fundamental knowledge of control systems is required. Most probably not many in the group could solve the ‘’aero’’ questions. So, maybe being able to solve those would have been a plus.

Based on performance in written test, shortlisted students are called for technical interviews. Asked in detail about all projects done, and told about job profile. Also asked about interest in the aviation industry.
        Try to bring out your contribution to the projects you have taken part in.

Selected students were sent for the HR interview. Most students who made it to this round were offered a job.
        Be calm and confident. It was quite like a really long chat about my background and other non-academic aspects of my CV. Be cool. Don’t be taken aback or over-apologetic if you don’’t know something, or if you make a mistake.

• Programming
        • Communication
        Not important to have a high CG, but technical knowledge should be good, both for written test and interview. A bit of involvement in extra-curricular activities helps. Gives things to talk about in the HR interview! Any technical skill is a bonus. As for programming, C, C++, MATLAB knowledge is sufficient, but it is good to have additional knowledge. Projects and internships are very important from the point of view of Airbus. Technical interview is based solely on questions about projects and internships.

• C language,
        • C++ language,
        • MATLAB,

, 5.6k views
        Ravish VermaFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Associate Engineer role at Airbus
        Resume Shortlist Test Test Technical Interview HR Interview

Projects on nonlinear FEM, and an internship at IISC Bangalore.
        Nonlinear Fem is more realistic, hence industries look for expertise in such fields. You can work on related projects and thus have experience of writing codes and using softwares for them.

• Section 1: Quantitative ability
        I attempted less questions but made sure to answer all of them correctly
        Manage your time and try not to make mistakes. It is impressive to see all correct answers even if you have not answered all the questions

• Section 1: Technical knowledge
        For airframe profile, questions from fem, stress distribution on structures, buckling, thermal loads and boundary conditions were asked.
        Be sure to be able to reason your answer as they will be brought up during the interview process

Questions from fundamentals of solid mechanics, technical test and projects were asked
        Have good understanding of your field of interest

Be genuine while answering their questions. They just want to see if you will commit yourself to their company or not. Know the facts about the company, as it shows your interest in their company.

• fem
        • fem software package

• fem by r d cook,
        • fem by of zienkiewicz,
        • aircraft structures by megson,
        Show your interest in the company, know how you are suitable for the job role.

, 12.1k views
        Vikram GanapathineediFresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for ASSOCIATE ENGINEER role at Qualcomm

• Section 1: Aptitude test
        • Section 2: Technical
        aptitude was as usual.
        Technical was tough. lots of concepts were revisited. Digital systems, analog circuits, Computer Oraganization etc.
        For aptitude general prep for placements is enough.
        If you want to get seriously placed for Qualcomm then you must be thorough with all the courses i mentioned.
        Only Mtechs have cleared the test. Even in the extended shortlist there were no Btechs. Everyone may not be lucky as myself in getting a Walk-in interview.

Basic questions on Digital Systems. Some aptitude questions.
        General questions about interests and future goals.
        Questions were easy if u have prepared even a little bit.
        Get shortlisted for interview and then it must be easy to crack.

Maybe i was already hired, as no questions were asked. She actually gave me an idea of how the work is going to be in Qualcomm Chennai.
        Just clear the test and tech interview and you most likely will get the job.

• Digital Systems

• Morris Mano,
        Prepare well and be cool during the interviews.
        Its core and a well established MNC with lots of future possibilities.
        This is the alert