Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager Interview Questions and Tips

Sumit ChourasiyaFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kanpur for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
Test Test Resume Shortlist HR Interview Technical Interview

60 minutes Minutes
  • Section 1: Aptitude

30 minutes Minutes
  • Section 1: Technical

The shortlist came only 3-4 hrs before the commencement of interviews so I didn’t have enough time to prepare anything extra after the list was forwarded.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Tell me about yourself .
  • Question 2: Why Bosch ?
  • Question 3: Were you interviewed in any other company ?
  • Question 4: Will you be able to manage working/living away from home ?
  • Question 5: Strengths and Weaknesses.

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: What did you do at Gtec, Whirlpool (Summer intern) ?
  • Question 2: What is your interest area ?
  • Question 3: Pressure variation in an IC engine
  • Question 4: Working of a spark/ignition plug
  • Question 5: Force analysis of a spark plug
  • Question 6: Stresses in pure bending and its variation over the length
  • Question 7: Detailed drawing of a rectangular block in any projection with dimensions, tolerances, surface finish etc.
The interviewee had a cross-sectional diagram of a fuel injector and there was a graph plotted versus time against it, showing the variation of fuel pressure at 2 places, positions of movable parts in the plug, etc based on which he asked me to tell how the fuel injector worked. He later also asked me force analysis of a movable rod in the injector. Initially, he was mainly asking me the questions related to engines though I told him that my interest area is FEM and simulations. Once my interview was over and I moved out, after 2-3 minutes he again called me back and this time he asked me technical questions related to my interest area only. I answered almost all questions related to engines correctly, so you need to be prepared to answer questions which are not your interest area. I failed to answer a question about variation of stresses over the length of a bended circular beam and I also said that I am not good at fluid mechanics when he asked me about it.

• Tata McGraw Hillu2019s u2018How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CATu2019 (4e) by Arun Sharma,
    • Energy Systems I and II,
    • TA and Manufacturing (ME 361,
    • TA201 and TA202),
    • Mechanics of Solids and Thermodynamics,
    • FEM (ME623),
    Do’s :

1) Revise all courses well beforehand.

2) Get your resumes reviewed by others or at least review it yourself multiple times and ensure that there are at least no spelling or grammatical mistakes.

3) Be prepared to answer any questions related to any software/concept/mechanism mentioned in your resume.

4) Be prepared to answer questions like Tell me about yourself, why this company, why should we choose you/what sets you apart compared to others etc.

5) Ask seniors what all to prepare for specific companies you are targeting.

Don’ts :

1) Don’t target everything that comes. If you don’t get specific to what kind of job you want you may end up not being prepared for either of them.

2) Don’t claim software's or concepts that you don’t know well or haven’t contributed anything to in your resume.

3) Don’t by heart answers to obvious questions word to word. Just make up the points and frame it on spot.

4) Don’t think that because of poor CPI you don’t have any chance. Preparation matters a lot. People with low CPI but good preparation get placed on day 1.

ITC assistant manager interview

Gaurav DahakeFresherSelected
    Application
    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Assistant Manager role at ITC
    Test Group Discussion Interview Interview

A case study was given where we had to determine which is the best form of energy for a particular village
      ITC usually does case GDs. The cases are fun and pretty interesting. You would be in a group of 8-10 people and you would be given a case on which your group has to come to a conclusion in 30 mins. In our case the GD centred around a village. Where the village was facing a lot many challenges with industries shutting down, people deserting the village etc. And most of them had the root cause to the lack of power. And so the group had to come to a conclusion as to which source of energy would be the best feasible for the village based on certain things that were mentioned there in the case,
      GD there are three tips: - Either start the discussion if you know the topic well. - Or play the role of a moderator and quip in with some important points- Or succinctly summarise all the points everyone mentioned and conclude them in a beautiful way explaining the direction in which the group inclines if you do not have much information on the topic. It is pretty important that the group reaches to a consensus.

Interview

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Six sigma analysis
      • Question 2: Quality sampling
      ITC conducts interviews way early on Dec 1. Typically around 6:30 am the interviews start. So I was pretty exhausted by being on a stretch of 3 night outs with MTP report submission, MTP presentation, and then all tests and GDs for companies. On Nov 30th as well the interviews and Gds started and it was going on till Dec 1 5 am for me. Then ITC interview was at 7 am in the morning. Interviewers were 5-7 years experienced people. Questions were related to my internship and some core courses. I answered internship related questions well. Screwed up once on a technical question. Usually they would start with one concept and then grill you in depth to understand your expertise in that.
      - Brush up your core concepts- You should be thorough with your internship stuff

Interview

Interview Questions
      • Question 1: Introduction
      • Question 2: Why ITC ?
      • Question 3: Why not startup ?
      The HR interviewers were 25 years experienced. Pretty chill people. Asked me questions around why ITC and why not a startup ? etc.Pretty usual set of questions.
      Be calm. Read 64 interview questions pdf. Usually available on institute LAN

FresherSelected
        Application
        I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
        Test Interview

CGPA cut-off: 7. The test had two parts. The level of the questions in the first part was very easy and do not require GRE or CAT skills. It had questions on verbal ability (readinc comprehension and vocabulary) and Math (time- work problems, arithmetic, percentages etc). The second part had questions related to Mechanical Engineering. It was slightly tough having a wide range of questions from Kinematics, design of machine elements, fluids , and thermodynamics .However, one can easily crack the test.
          Don’t leave the questions unaswered as there is no negative marking.

Interview

Around 60 students were shortlisted for the interview .There was only one round of interview which had both HR and technical questions. The interviewers were very friendly. The interview went on for approximately forty minutes. They started by asking me about my hometown, family, interests etc. Few question were: “Tell me about yourself”, “Describe your hometown”, “Why do u want to join Bosch and what do you know about it”, “Why won’t you go for MS or PhD”. The rest of the interview process was about the projects and internships and a few basic concepts of Mechanical Engineering. Each student was asked questions from different topics depending on the projects he was involved in. Basic questions I was asked : “What is casting”, “What is forming”, “How is a gear manufactured”, “What is the profile oF the gears used and why”. Apart from these, afew things about CRDi technology were asked.
          Being a part of technology events in the hall will help a lot during the interview process. Google about ABS, CRDi, bearings, gears etc and study the “Thermodynamic cycles” from any thermodynamics book before the interview. Be confident.Never create an impression that you are a research orientated guy and will be going for MS or PhD. Do not panic. Do not try to bluff - they are experienced people and will find it out. Prepare very thoroughly about the projects. Learn about recent developments in the automobile sector (any technology developed by Bosch). Always smile .

Having a CGPA>8 will enhance your chances. In mechanical, almost all the students who got selected had a CGPA of around 8.5. Mine was 8.4. However, Class X and Class XII percentages do not matter.

Internships in automobile industries definitely help. My sophomore intern was at Tata Motors Ltd. which caught the interviewer’s attention. The interview was guided by the project done by me at Tata Motors. Having a few academic projects also helps. Generally, they ask about projects mentioned in the CV. So, it’s better to be prepared about any project you may have done. Knowledge of the auto-sector is a must. Learn about recent developments in this sector.

Abhishek JainFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
            Test Group Discussion Problem Statement Group Activity Interview Interview

90 min Minutes
            • Section 1: Quant
            • Section 2: Basic Mechanical Engineering
            There was an Online Aptitude+Tech test.
            Mug up important formulae , even the big ones in DOME as most of them were direct formula based questions (which kinda sucks) ...!!!

There was no Group Discussion

Problem Statement

Group Activity

There was no group activity ...

Interview

Interview Questions
            • Question 1: Tell me about Yourself?
            • Question 2: Why Bosch?
            • Question 3: Why should i hire you?
            • Question 4: Strengths and Weakness?
            • Question 5: What will you do if a member of a group doesn't work?
            • Question 6: What if your boss doesn't help u?
            There was nothing particularly different .

Interview

Interview lasted for 50 minutes. I was grilled on the two internships that I had done during last two summers. And about 15 minutes of grilling on a self study course -CNC Machining just because I happened to be the class rep. There was a single guy questioning and not a panel which is good in some ways. He asked me if I had good quantitative skills. I replied yes. And then he asked a lot of math puzzles. Nothing too tough.
            Just go through placement materials. Make sure you have a core resume for and you are thorough with everything you have written. Be prepared for anything. Learn the basics of important topic and practice some online core tests.SoM, IC engines, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Mantech, TurboMachinery should be prepared properly . And also, be perfect on the projects and intern described in the resume.

• Leadership skills
            • Managing people.
            I think I was selected because of my performance in both the rounds. Throughout both the interviews they were more concerned about leading and managing people. In my case my PORs helped me, to answer those questions by giving suitable examples and confident answers. They also looked for manufacturing profile. So projects related to manufacturing sector will help you in the interview.

• Tech prep: Gate Book + Class notes + slides,
            • HR prep: Get to know about the various type of HR questions(many files in LAN),
            I started preparing for placements from October mid. Starting earlier always helps you. I did not prepare for non-core companies. Quant and Verbal through CAT preparation(improve your speed and accuracy) , Core from GATE book, notes, slides (according to the company profile) , Conducted around 7 wing GDs (get to know the mistakes) , helped me a lot in the whole placement preparation process.

Gunjan DubeyFresherSelected
            Application
            I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
            Resume Shortlist Test Interview Interview

I have a CGPA 7.38.

80 min Minutes
              There was an online objective test
              Previous year IIT Gate book is the best thing to prepare for the technical test for any company. I started doing it in October only.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview ; 30min for Tech and 10 min HR.
              If you are in ED they will test your basic design skills. They showed a CAD drawing and asking the meaning of symbols, then they asked questions related to general designs available in our surroundings like why is that sewage hole round on the ground why not square or others. If you are in Mechanical, they will ask u core Mech subjects. So please first prepare very well subjects related to your respective interns. A whole interview can be drawn on that. In my case it was IC engine so I answered all the questions related to it and that didn't allow them to ask in any other topic.

Interview

Interview Questions
              • Question 1: What are your strengths, weaknesses..?
              • Question 2: What irritates you most..?
              • Question 3: What do you do in such situations..?
              • Question 4: Are you a leader or a follower...?
              • Question 5: Which one is good
              It was gen. All HR rounds just want to test how much positive you are in life, whether you will leave the company soon.
              Be prepared with answers beforehand. The answers to all the above questions should be "depends on the
              situation" and describe them in which situation u will choose which one. PS: if it’s a panel where HR is also there, they will try to excite you by asking gen questions like which team you support in IPL, do u have any gf etc. to make you lite, then again shoot you with some questions. Please don’t get deviated by those.

Mock tests, Aimcats, Gate book. For GDs, we organised them in our wing. It was very helpful.<br /> Kindly do it often in your wing and among your batch mates too. Same goes for interview. There<br /> are lots of general interview questions available on FTP server, prepare for them well and have<br /> mock interviews. "Alumni interviews" were very helpful, please attend that. Randstad sessions were an absolutely waste of money and time. I was mainly selected due to my internship with Bosch. Prepare all subjects related to your intern. It will be the game changer.

• Gate Books,

M.Naveen Kumar ReddyFresherSelected
                Application
                I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
                Resume Shortlist Test Interview Interview

There was a test based shortlisting. The test was objective had two sections. The first section had 60 aptitude questions which were very easy and the time was 60 minutes. The second section was technical(core) which had 30 questions which needed to be answered in 30 minutes.

This sections had 3-4 questions from important topics like Strength of Materials, Fluid Mech, Man Tech, KDOMS ,DOME, etc

Interview

The company wanted to acquire members for Manufacturing and R&D. The interviewer asked me basic questions in Man Tech like different types of Manufacturing (conventional and non-conventional). As I told him that I was interested in automobiles, he asked me about the engine and its parts, their materials, etc. A CAD drawing was shown to me to test the basic symbols like roughness parameters, etc.

Interview

It was like a normal HR round with nothing radical. Basic preparation to questions like tell me about yourself, biggest achievement, strengths,weakness, etc is enough. Confidence is another important aspect they were looking for.

Brushed up basics of all mechanical courses and prepared for HR questions. It is better to target certain companies,prepare according to each, rather than going for every company that appears on the portal. I prepared from GATE book which covers almost all topics. The lectures from placement preparation website also helped. The aptitude questions were very easy and basic quant preparation is sufficient. As I didn't write CAT, had to adjust to the time limit in the written tests. It is better to practice quant papers for improving the speed. GATE book and placement preparation website were sufficient for core fundaes. Had GDs with wingmates.

• GATE Books,
                    Started my preparation in October but never really took off until November. It may help immensely to start early because as placements draw close, it may be tough to find time to study decently owing to tests and ppts. Also, I didn't prepare for non-core companies, but wrote the tests to improve my experience and speed in quant.

K MythreyiFresherSelected
                    Application
                    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
                    Resume Shortlist Technical Interview HR Interview

I had to meet HR to say that my resume suited their profile. Then the short listing was done based on CGPA from standard X as well as the resume.
                    Resume should match their profile.

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: questions from microcontrollers
                    The duration was for 45-50 mins. I was asked regarding various projects that I have listed in resume, lot many questions from C, microcontrollers (since the profile is for embedded design) and one puzzle.
                    Brush up everything from basics to advanced topics such as C, microcontrollers, mechatronics, analog and digital circuits, control systems, signal processing.

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: “What is the name of the person who took your technical interview?”
                    • Question 2: Why Bosch?
                    • Question 3: Full form of RBEI
                    • Question 4: Why this post?
                    • Question 5: If I get offer somewhere else what would I prefer?
                    • Question 6: Family back ground?
                    • Question 7: What do my friends say about me?
                    • Question 8: Difference between hard working and smart working
                    • Question 9: Role model?
                    • Question 10: What motivates you to work?
                    • Question 11: What is your achievement in life?
                    • Question 12: Did you go through company website? Various areas where Bosch is into?
                    • Question 13: Name of the person who gave pre-placement-talk?
                    • Question 14: What are you looking for in this job?
                    • Question 15: location preference
                    • Question 16: plan of higher studies
                    My friends helped me in conducting a mock interview to me before the interview. It was really helpful.
                    A mock interview will also be very helpful.

• Microcontroller
                    • C Language
                    • Project skills of resume
                    it is good to take out time every day and prepare for the placements.
                    Start brushing up basics. All the subjects in BTech level, Concepts in C and aptitude. Then

prepare well related to every word in the resume. A mock interview will also be very helpful.

Hero MotoCorp assistant manager interview

Arun KumarExperiencedSelected
                    Application
                    I Applied for job through Campus placement for Assistant Manager role at Hero MotoCorp

Commercialisation of health care
                    Almost the entire group went off topic confusing commercialisation with privatisation. Inspite of HR manager's intervention regarding misinterpretation , group continued with privatisation.
                    Technical firms are not expecting high level of GD & communication skills (except when the profile demands so) . You are expected to atleast be able to keep your view point with some logical support.
                    If you are able to raise 2-3 points in a polite way , you are highly likely to be selected.
                    If the GD you are appearing is for a profile like marketing , sales or where end to end interaction matters much , u need to be highly skillfull at your communication.

• Design Engineering
                    • Team Leader
                    • Team Player
                    You must be able to relate your text book knowledge with the practical world. Focus on the applications of whatever you study.

• Tune to win by caroll smith,
                    • Race car vehicle dynamics,
                    • Internal combustion engine by heywood,
                    Videos
                    • Youtube.com/user/EngineeringExplained,

M.HarishFresherSelected
                    Application
                    I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Madras for Assistant Manager role at Bosch
                    Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Test Group Activity HR Interview Technical Interview

The initial shortlisting was done on CGPA and a test. I had 7.64/10 as my CGPA.

There was no Group Discussion.

• Section 1: Test1: Quant+Reasoning+Verbal Ability
                    • Section 2: Test2: Technical test ( thermodynamics, heat transfer, strength of materials, kinematics, industrial engineering, mantech, turbomachines )
                    It was an online test.

Test1: 1hr Test2: 30min

Group Activity

There was no group activity.

Interview Questions
                    • Question 1: 1)Tell me about yourself
                    • Question 2: 2) Why Bosch?
                    • Question 3: 3) Why should i hire you?
                    • Question 4: 4) Strengths and Weakness?
                    • Question 5: 5) What will you do if a member of a group doesn't work?
                    • Question 6: 6) What if your boss doesn't help u?
                    Be confident in the HR round.

Be perfect on the projects and intern described in the resume.

I think I got selected because of my confidence and my performance in both the rounds. Also, projects related to manufacturing sector will help u in the interview. <br /> <br /> Test1: CAT preparation is sufficient.<br /> Test2: GATE book, notes and slides from mechanical google site(created by sumit patil)<br /> HR prep: Get to know about the various type of HR questions(many files in LAN)<br /> <br /> Notes and slides from mechanical google site (created by sumit patil) helped a lot

• GATE books,
                      SoM, IC engines, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Mantech, TurboMachinery are to be focused upon.

1) Quant Skills : Speed and accuracy.

2) GD prep : conducted GD among ur friends and classmates

3) Interview : Be confident and cool.

4) Resume : Keep it to 1 page and prepare well.

Axis Bank assistant manager interview

Prasoon ShrivastavaFresherSelected
                      Application
                      I was interviewed on-campus at IMT Nagpur for ASSISTANT MANAGER role at Axis Bank
                      Test HR Interview

• Section 1: Aptitude Test
                      Was easyJust to test simple logical and aptitude skills.
                      Keep regular check on the mathematical formulas it will help in clearing the test.

Interview Questions
                      • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
                      • Question 2: About Internship
                      • Question 3: Question related to finance
                      • Question 4: Will you able to build relationship with the customers
                      Was fairly easy.Only some tricky questions.
                      Don't fake, be original.Be clear about the role and designation being offered.

• Communication skills
                      • Aptitude skills
                      • Selling skills
                      Ask them clearly about the role and compensation. If you have any doubts in your mind then ask HR present and then only proceed with the process.