Oracle Financial Services Software coding interview
I was interviewed on-campus at BIT Mesra for Coding role at Oracle Financial Services Software
Test Technical Interview Technical Interview HR Interview
- Section 1: Online Test
Consisted of different sections pertaining to various topics-basic mathematical aptitude,english skills,coding skills(hardcore c,concept of pointers and basics of trees).
Keep your aptitude up to the mark,time management most important,for non-circuital branches just brush up your C skills and try to ace the aptitude and english sections.
- Question 1: Do you know any language?
- Question 2: Gave me some debugging problems related to C.
- Question 3: What is a database?
- Question 4: Gave me some queries in SQL and also asked me to create a table.
- Question 5: Palindrome,sum of prime numbers programs?
- Question 6: Asked about JAVA and basics of OOP?
Gave answers to most of them.The interviewer was quite satisfied.
- Question 1: Basics about civil Engineering.
- Question 2: Cross section of a road.
- Question 3: Case study problem relating to a cross section of a road.
- Question 4: 3 maths problems.
- Question 5: 2 puzzles-defective weight,different hat problem
- Question 6: Program to swap two numbers without using 3rd variable.
- Question 7: Asked to find the last non-zero digit of a factorial number.
- Question 1: Why the branch change from civil to IT?
- Question 2: If you are so much interested in IT then why didn't you have any project in IT?
- Question 3: What all core companies are lined up?
- Question 4: Any questions for us?
This is point where I screwed up. I was exhausted very much and I also had ZS associates aptitude round hence I was not in a mood to talk to anyone.I was quite unprepared and gave quite amateur answers.For all non-circuital branch students expect the inevitable question.There were only 2 students from non-circuital branches and only one was selected.You have to show desperation.Period!Tell them this your only shot to get a coding profile being from a non-circuital and that you'll not be eligible for any more coding profile companies.I didn't do the above and the interviewer thought I was really interested in core(which I was not).Also ask some questions in the end.I didn't so ultimately of 13 students shortlisted for HR round 12 was selected and I was left out.Best of luck guys,OFSS is an awesome company!
Read Full post...