Area / Territory Manager

Area / Territory Manager Interview Questions and Tips

Amazon area / territory manager interview

Avinash SappidiFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at IIT Kharagpur for Area / Territory Manager role at Amazon
Resume Shortlist Stress Interview Behavioural Interview Puzzle Interview Other Interview

I t was resume shortlist.They shortlisted on the basis of CGPA and POR's.
Maintain a decent CGPA. This profile is purely a management profile.So showcase your POR's( :P).

Stress Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Interviewer:"This is purely a management profile.You are from technical background.How dare you to sit in front of me?"
  • Question 2: What are your management skills?
  • Question 3: what are your weakness?strengths?Mention a situation where u are very stressed and how did you overcome it?
I answered every question positively."I have technical knowledge as well as management experience(Inter IIT Tech meet Co-ordiantor).So why shouldn't i be suitable for this role?"Questions based on CV and my education background.
Be confident while giving interview.Always maintain a smile in your face. Don't give lame answers.Answer to the point what they asked. Don't be over smart.

Behavioural Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Why do you want to join Amazon?
  • Question 2: What makes you suitable for this job?
I answered questions very positively.Generally area manager must look after the inbound and outbound logistics.I have some experience in this filed.Then I explained them about an event Messier Marathon which requires telescopes.He has given two puzzles.I din't solve first puzzle.But he liked my approach towards puzzle.Second puzzle I solved it in few seconds.At last he asked me if I was having any questions,then I asked him about the work experience as area manager and about his apple watch(:P).
Answer the questions in positive manner.
You should not get panicked if you don't know the answer.
Be positive.
Practice puzzles.They are available in many websites and apps.
Maintain eye contact through out the interview.

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Time work puzzle
  • Question 2: River Temple puzzle
  • Question 3: 3l and 5L cans puzzle.
He has gone through my CV.Explain yourself in one word?
There were many cross questions.What makes you suitable for this?
Why should I take you?convince me.I answered every question.
In your work place you will be having managers from different backgrounds.How do you tackle them?I answered that I will learn from them.Questions on CV.
Practice puzzles very well.
They will try to panic you and will try to take you into critical way.Be confident and stay positive.
While answering puzzles,don't do calculations in mind rather speak while solving.

Other Interview

Interview Questions
    This is a telephonic round.It was about 25 minutes.Tell one instance where you gone wrong and tried to correct it later?
    Weakness?Strengths?Most stressful situation?
    Crucial decision taken?
    Leading team?
    Before the interview get prepared for these types of questions.At every stage be confident.Here confidence matters in every round.Basically try to see the confidence in you in stressful situations.

• Ability To Cope Up With Stress
    • How Can You Adapt The Solution To A Simple Problem To A Much Larger/complex One
    • General Aptitude
    • 1)communication
    Stay Calm

Be confident

Be Positive

Always keep smiling

Don't loose your heart if you are not shortlisted /selected.

and finally "Everything happens for a reason.
    I am interested in managing events and getting thins done before stipulated deadline.This role requires people who are good at managing and able to do well in stressful situations.
    I asked one HR "Are you married sir?How is your married life?are you able to manage both married life and manager life?"He laughed at these questions and answered humorously.

Amazon area / territory manager interview

PraveenFresherSelected
    Application
    Resume Shortlist Case Study Interview Puzzle Interview Puzzle Interview Other Interview

Just a resume shortlist. So, can't do much about it. But CG do matters. All those who got shortlisted were above 8
    CG 8+ and highlight the qualities they need.

Case Study Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: The temperature in the warehouse has increased to a level that the efficiency of the work force has decreased. You have 3 processes. How would you tackle the situation?
    • Question 2: How does amazon operate? What are the metrics to be looked into? Tell me how would you ensure all the required metrics are at the best level?
    • Question 3: What could be the major issue while leading a team?
    • Question 4: Why amazon?
    It was a mix of technical and HR questions. Keep calm and try to answer to your best. Ask them the questions again and again if you don't understand at the first time.
    Prepare the questions from glassdoor and have an idea about e-commerce and the profile you are applying for.

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: There are 3 successive processes A,B,C in the production. You have 46 people in total. At A, person can process 150units/hr, at B 30units/hr and at C 450units/hr. Tell me how would you divide your workforce?
    • Question 2: You have ants at 3 corners of a triangle. What is the probability that they do not collide?
    • Question 3: Why amazon?
    • Question 4: You need to work for 11 hr a day and too standing, can you do it?
    This one was a mix of puzzles and HR questions. Again, try to show the fit into their work conditions. They expect you to work for 11 hrs a day.
    Have a general idea about puzzles, etc. You can try "heard on the street"

Puzzle Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Why amazon?
    • Question 2: There are 4 persons of weights 50kg, 50kg, 25kg, 25kg. You need to cross the the water using a boat. How many iterations does it take? The boat capacity is 75kg.
    • Question 3: Same question, but the boat capacity is 50kg
    • Question 4: Was show a puzzle in some app on mobile, was asked to solve it.
    • Question 5: What is IC engine? How is it different from gas turbine? What have you done in GE? etc etc
    • Question 6: Tell me about a time when things were not going well in something. You took the incharge of the situation and have solve the problem.
    It was puzzles + HR + core. Didn't expect the core part, but be prepared. Anything could be asked
    Glassdoor, puzzles from internet, CV and partial core knowledge

Other Interview

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: Tell me about yourself
    • Question 2: What did you do in GE?
    • Question 3: What is the difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engine?
    • Question 4: Types of condensers?
    • Question 5: Why amazon?
    Didn't expect core. Alas, be prepared for everything. They were testing me how good I was at what I did in college for 4 years.
    Be yourself. If you don't know something tell them and be prepared to tell them why you don't know. I didn't know about condensers, as I forgot. Told and explained him. Lastly, be confident.

• Compatibility With Company
    • Analyzing And Problem Solving Skills
    • Adaptability
    • Puzzle Solving Capability
    • Management Of People And Situations
    • Core Mechanical Concepts

• Heard On The Street (Puzzle Section Is Important),
    Prepare CV, HR and puzzles. These will be helpful throughout the placement season. Sort out which areas you want to apply and put in all the effort you could in the final sem. Don't even think you can do something in the last month(November), it will be too hectic because of BTP, endsems and company tests. Prepare well in advance and have a timetable and follow it strictly. Also, exhaustive preparation for CAT do helps in the tests for most of the companies.
    It was basically a role where I would be working in teams and doing hands-on work. That was my only motive for applying.
    My mobile was vibrating in between the interview. I somehow managed to cut the call. :P