Analyst (IT Advisory)

Analyst (IT Advisory) Interview Questions and Tips

KPMG analyst (it advisory) interview

Ashwini KolteExperiencedSelected
Application
I Applied for job through Campus placement drive for Analyst (IT Advisory) role at KPMG
Resume Shortlist Group Discussion Other Interview Other Interview

KPMG visited my college campus for the placement drive and our resumes were sent to the firm prior to the actual placement drive. The criteria they were looking for was not known to us, however almost everyone above a decent score (around 65% aggregate) and an internship or any co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the resume got through this round.
Mention internships and important achievements separately in a separate section to highlight them. Keep the format of the resume simple and consistent.

Smart work vs hard work
Groups of approx. 10 were made. Topics given were very general. Mine was ‘Smart work versus hard work’. Midway, they asked a group of 5 among us to speak for the notion and other 5 against the notion. After 5 minutes, we were asked to switch the sides and speak accordingly. At the end of GD everyone was asked to conclude individually. In all 12 were shortlisted for the interviews from a group of around 45.
Speak enough to get attention of the panel. Concluding the discussion in just one sentence is very challenging and important.

Other Interview

The first question is usually “Tell me about yourself”, and this is the most important question. It determines where your interview will go. I told them about my education, extra curricular and stressed on my awards and internship. I had an internship in finance, Trade Finance to be specific. So my interview was majorly based on it. They asked me to tell everything that I learned in the internship. Whichever terms I mentioned, I was asked to explain them in the next question.
KPMG also conducts a competition and I had participated and won in a similar competition by another institute. I was asked to give details about it. Whatever you tell them, be sure that you know each and every term that you mention.
They gave me a scenario and asked to find solution for it. It was finance related since I had mentioned an internship in that field. Also, at that time, rupee was in a bad state, they asked me why is it so and what are the reasons.
They also asked about my final year project. No technicality, but you should be able to give them a clear idea. What is my role in the project and other general questions.
Know your resume thoroughly. Speak fluently and in a convincing manner.

Other Interview

Only two of us were shortlisted for second round. It was not an HR round. A person with higher position in the firm usually takes this interview, in my case, it was the Director. All resume based questions were asked. What all did you organize and what were your positions of responsibility. Internship related questions were asked. What did I learn. He asked me about my family, where do I stay, where do my siblings stay n what do they do. He asked me whether I read newspaper, I said no, since I am not really fond of it. But keep myself updated now and then. He then asked about my hobbies. Be careful with what you say. You should know all the latest news about the particular thing. I said cooking, so I was asked ‘Do you know who passed away recently?” I didn’t know. But since I had earlier said I don’t read newspapers, it saved me. Be honest, the company is very particular about it.
Be honest and confident while you speak

The job profile demands a lot of interaction with people outside the firm. It is important to speak clearly and fluently in both group discussion and interview. You don't have to be good with big words, but definitely good with basic English.
Try for an internship while you still can in any company. It will surely give you an edge. If not, your profile must have something different apart from just academics. We didn’t have Aptitude test.

Know what is happening around, it will help you in group discussion. Work on communication skills, since the profile will be client facing.

KPMG being one of the Big Fours is a major motivating factor.

Another reason was a non technical job profile.

Citicorp analyst (it advisory) interview

Anuj P K JainFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at NIT Surathkal for Analyst (IT Advisory) role at Citicorp
Test Technical Interview Technical plus HR Interview

Online Assessment Test (Quantitative, logical reasoning, C-aptitude and Coding Questions
(2 question) were their.

Technical plus HR Interview

Books:-<br /> Data structure and Algorithms: Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy in Java By Narasimha Karumanchi.<br /> For subjects like OS,Networks,DBMS I referred google.

• C aptitude:Test your C Skills By Yeshvant Kanetkar,
  • Quantitative: R S Agarwal,
  • Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning: R S Agarwal,
1) Have a look at your Resume. Just make sure you know what you have mentioned in it.

2) Go through your Internships and Academic Projects carefully as sometimes Interview are only based on them.

3) Presentation is more important than knowledge. Even if you know all the questions but are not able to deliver/express in from of interview than your knowledge is of no use.

4) No need to take tension how the interviewer will behave with you. They also know your mental state and they initially try to make you comfortable with them. So relax and keep calm.

Since 72 students were shortlisted for interviews, So it was quite challenging to make a way for yourself.For me it was exhausting because I was the last one to be interview in my slot. I was called at around 9:30 am at T&P but I had my interview at 4:30 pm. Till then I was really bored , exhausted and also I was loosing my calm.

Citicorp analyst (it advisory) interview

Mohd. Danish KhanFresherSelected
Test Technical Interview HR Interview

• Section 1: ONLINE TEST
1st round - 35 questions on general aptitude in 35 mins, 25 logical reasoning questions in 35 mins, 15 c- aptitude questions in 25 mins, 1hr coding round- questions (only writing the function).

Try staying calm and don't exaggerate in your cv. Try to answer a HR question positively. Never be negative.Coding questions are focused on pointers and strings.So practice them well<br /> Don't freak out looking at the new puzzle try thing new to solve it.<br /> Be confident about your self and what ever you tell them.<br /> Whichever quote u make about yourself be ready with example and what you have learned from that example.

• Quantitative aptitude - Arun Sharma,
I will say it was all worth it. I was confident and the interviewers were very satisfied.

Practice aptitude questions with timer. Since the number of questions are almost equal to the number of minutes allotted .Try being selective.For coding round....focus on sorting and strings. Also be thorough with functions and pointers.

For c-aptitude Also study basics of c.

Job profile offered was IT analyst. One should ask for feedback and also ask for the person's designation interviewing you.

TCS analyst (it advisory) interview

Aboli MahajanFresherSelected
Application
I was interviewed on-campus at Vidyalankar Institute of Technology Mumbai for Analyst (IT Advisory) role at TCS

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: what is SDLC
  • Question 2: what are requiremeathering tewchniquesnt g
  • Question 3: what is big data
  • Question 4: what is distributed management system
  • Question 5: if u want to purchase a mobile then what will u do
it was not bad. i didn't prepare much.
just prepare your core subjects for technical interview.
just discuss with ur frndz and refer ur old book and study material.