HP Na interview
- Section 1: Written Test
a)average time complexity for quick sort
b)DFS for a graph
c)int a;a = 5;What is the difference in 10 used in first and second statement?
d)what is space complexity?
e)Operator used to refer address of any memory .
f) how will you declare a pointer to an array of 10 integers.
2. apps 15 min 15 questions
Some DI questions, then Data sufficiency questions,then some relationship questions:)
How many parallelograms are there in the given figure(that sort of questions)
3. os and networks 10 min 10 questions
a)I want to design a network where installation must be easy.Failure of a single node
must not affect others. Answer star topology
b) class b address range 128 191.
4. c++/java 10 min 10 questions
all questions were easy . If u are thorough in basics u can crack it.
- Question 1: He asked me difference between static and dynamic linking
- Question 2: He asked me to define a macro to add two numbers
- Question 3: Then asked to do the same above using inline functions
- Question 4: Asked me the difference between macro and inline functions.
- Question 5: Next one was where will the auto variables be stored?
- Question 6: Then dynamically allocated variables .. where will the be stored?
- Question 7: Allocate memory for a single dimensional array and two dimensional array dynamically.
- Question 8: How will u access private data members outside class?I told friend functions.He asked me any other way?Another way is also there.But i forgot it at that time. So i just tackled
- Question 9: When will u get segmentation fault?I told when pointer is not dealt properly.If your interviewer is cunning he will expect illegal memory access as the answer.
- Question 10: 1+++5. gave me the expression. asked me what will be the output. Its error. He asked me what error? Lvalue required. Then he extended the quetion. Output for i+++5. It wont show error.Correct value will be printed.
- Question 11: When will linker error occur?
- Question 12: Write a prog implementing all oops concepts(operator overloading,copy constructor,friend functions)
- Question 13: Implement stacks.
- Question 14: How will u find e power 24 in C.He was trying 2 ask whether ill implement using pow..I told we cant . Just do that basic method for loop.
- Question 15: Three access specifiers in C++ ? default access specifier in structure, class
Asked me my favourite sub in 5th semester.i told System sw.
So u can crack the interview if u know the basics :)
In other panels the following questions were asked:
1.Print the number in words.
2.what is real time operating system?
printf(“%c”,a);What will be printed?
4.What is the difference between static and local variable?
- Question 1: Are you tired?
- Question 2: How was the process till now?
Which part of the ppt did u like the most?(so do listen ppt)
I told i liked one printer of their company.He asked me do u have any idea how it works?I just
Are u going to do higher studies?(always say no....)
What your friends like u in u?hate in u?
HR Round 2:
What is the thing u want 2 change in chennai ?How would you use your tech knowledge to do that?
Challenges you faced during project
how is your project different from others?
Finally they informed the results when i was eating in the morning :) :)was delighted :)
So whatever be the company in dream job you need to learn all subjects (even shell prog and unix
commands in some cases). We cant expect them to ask only from area of interests. In Hr be
confident, cool,smiling , use technical and proper english to attract HR :)
Projects u must be thorough .