|http://www.capitalone.com||23 Years Old|
|Virginia, USA||Financial Services|
|10000+ Employees||Private company|
Capital One Bank Branches
Capital one is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to the consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One has emerged as one of the America's largest consumer franchises with more than 45 million customer accounts and one of the nation's most recognized brands. As one of the America’s top 10 largest banks based on deposits, Capital One, N.A. has approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
1. To truly meet consumer needs.
2. Give people what they would expect from us.
3. Create lasting relationships with customers.
4. Having a Culture of Innovation.
Helping to build strong and healthy communities benefits us all. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and empowerment to our work in the community that we do in our business.
CapitalOne office locations
CapitalOne amusing facts
- 1Unlike other diversified financial services firms, Capital One began as a "monoline", meaning the vast majority of its business was in consumer lending, particularly credit cards.
- 2Capital One is actually a member of the Fortune 500. It helped to spread the mass marketing of credit cards back in the 1990s.
- 3The company is now the fourth largest customer of the postal service in the US and it has the sixth largest deposit portfolio in America.
- 4Founded in 1988, the company was originally a spin off of Signet Banking Corp. In 2005 the company bought Hibernia National Bank and North Fork Bancorporation the following year, thus entering the retail banking market. In 2008 Capital One received $3.56 billion bailout money from the government, but the following year it repurchased the 3,555,199 shares issued to the US Treasury.
- 5In 2012 Capital One agreed to pay a large sum of $210 million to settle legal proceedings against them, after having been accused of misleading millions of customers.
- 6Since 2001, Capital One has been the principal sponsor of the college football Florida Citrus Bowl, rebranding it the Capital One Bowl in 2003.
- 7Capital One has entered into a 4 year agreement to sponsor the English Football League Cup from 2012.
- 8The company's tagline is "What's in your wallet?"
- 9Capital One is also known as "Capone" in business circles.